What are you learning from COVID?

david starling

I had always thought of it as protection from the elements. Wind, sun. Pandemic?

Yes. Now, that's a reasonable explanation for why it's still worn. As far as being protection from a pandemic, there was a devastating 6th Century A.D. plague that began in Egypt and was still a danger decades later, when Muhammad founded the religion of Islam.

Opal

Premium Member
Yes. Now, that's a reasonable explanation for why it's still worn. As far as being protection from a pandemic, there was a devastating 6th Century A.D. plague that began in Egypt and was still a danger decades later, when Muhammad founded the religion of Islam.

Wow! We are learning something. I think. I did not realize that.

The new vogue, the hazmat suit. Catwalk.

Dirius

There are many many people in the United States who actually look up to the Leader of the country, in this case, djt, as the "authority figure" and indeed, the 60 year old man in question who died from ingesting this drug, obviously, did not call his doctor first, because he BELIEVED everything djt said or says.

That is the sad part
. As I said, there are many like him. You may consider him "silly" but I 'm sure his family doesn't. One thing we can agree on however, he believed literally in what trump said, and now he's DEAD. i.e. "he ain't comin' back" I'm sure that was not his intent to kill himself nor was his wife's intent.

Ref:

It is both dangerous and extremely irresponsible of Trump to do what he did and continues to do. Calling people "silly" does not change this fact. Nor calling anyone names.

Trump didn't tell people to go and drink fish tank cleaner which contained the drug compound. Some people were stupid and did that on their own.

It is silly to promote such example from the news as evidence of it being "dangerous". You should seek tratment for your TDS, its getting wild.

david starling

One symptom of TDS (Trump's Delusional Syndrome) is accusing others of being as delusional as Trump and most of his followers. It's a self-protecting malady, because it makes objectivity nearly impossible.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

I was wearing my **** BORIS t-shirt whilst making a video the other day and asked my friend if that was insensitive considering he was in hospital, despite him still being a knob. They said it was and to wait till he was out to wear it again. Never thought I’d say this, but I’m glad Boris didn’t die, that would’ve really ****** up my wardrobe.

Ukpoohbear

“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution.”
Aldous Huxley Brave New World

"The perfect dictatorship will look like democracy, a prison without walls where prisoners never dream of escaping. A system of slavery where, thanks to consumption and fun, slaves will love their slavery."
Purported excerpt from a letter from Huxley to Orwell

"FREE YOUR MIND!" Morpheus

david starling

“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution.”

"The perfect dictatorship will look like democracy, a prison without walls where prisoners never dream of escaping. A system of slavery where, thanks to consumption and fun, slaves will love their slavery."

Or, it's like in the movie "Matrix", and the A.I. running the program has decided that we need a change of pace. :biggrin:

Ukpoohbear

Or, it's like in the movie "Matrix", and the A.I. running the program has decided that we need a change of pace. :biggrin:

It certainly shows us how quickly our lives can change and were never ours to begin with. Time rolls on and all will be forgotten because we don’t last very long yet the control stays.

Opal

Premium Member

You know, they had these in our English schooling curriculum.
Brave New World - Huxley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuUviwo5W-A

Animal Farm - Orwell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXkicQRl6vg

1984 - Orwell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4rBDUJTnNU

Slaughterhouse Five - Vonnegut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvlZtlBfCi0

Soylent Green - 1973 Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_jGOKYHxaQ

And yet, with our minds being prepared by the curriculum, we still willingly believe that they are looking out for our well being. We do not think for ourselves. We blindly do as we are told. Those that don't are bullied and shamed by the believers.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" Goethe

leomoon

Rather a bizarre sight to see Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday empty at this gorgeous Coptic Church in Egypt - due to the CoronaVirus concerns.

note: you can see the moving figures, carved into the rocks over the years as they move along on the home page link:

https://www.samaanchurch.com/en/home

I don't know why this man is wearing a little yellow crown on his head. Maybe its the custom at Easter?
https://egyptianchronicles.blogspot...Feed:+EgyptianChronicles+(Egyptian+chronicles)

He took this photo at Saint Samaan, the Tanner Monastery in Mokktam.
Many Egyptian Christians expressed their sadness on how they were not allowed to pray in their churches and as Muslim, I feel them. The Mosques are all closed, we do not hear the Adhan and Ramadan will commence at the end of the month.
I totally relate to this sadness but this is for the greater good.
Happy Palm Sunday to all those celebrating on Sunday according to the Orthodox Church and Happy Easter to all those celebrating it as well in the West.
This time shall pass inshallah.

Ukpoohbear

You know, they had these in our English schooling curriculum.
Brave New World - Huxley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuUviwo5W-A

Animal Farm - Orwell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXkicQRl6vg

1984 - Orwell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4rBDUJTnNU

Slaughterhouse Five - Vonnegut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvlZtlBfCi0

Soylent Green - 1973 Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_jGOKYHxaQ

And yet, with our minds being prepared by the curriculum, we still willingly believe that they are looking out for our well being. We do not think for ourselves. We blindly do as we are told. Those that don't are bullied and shamed by the believers.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" Goethe

How sick is that, training you to be robots with the same information of what they’re gonna do to you.

Or, truth and light has been there, creeping in through the cracks of the enslavement system for decades, centuries of you take the 5D verses from the Bible.

What are we supposed to do but be willing conduits for collective and personal karma? We are here to be moulded into better beings by the forces of both evil and good.

david starling

Portugal is far less involved with installing 5G than neighboring Spain, which fully installed it earlier than most countries.

Interesting that Portugal is also being far less affected by Covid-19 than Spain!

AppLeo

Appleo: Do you know what I learned? How stupid people actually are. They just eat whatever is on social media – buying into all the nonsense and creating mass hysteria.

I agree. It is not just the social media, it is the media, and our governments feeding the frenzy.

Yes.

AppLeo: Thanks a lot, Jupiter, for making this relatively manageable Saturn-Pluto conjunction utterly destructive.You know masks don't help. They create a false sense of security. Do you know social isolation is the last thing you want to implement in a pandemic? It's epidemiology 101.

I am thinking we will all have to wear masks soon to go in all shopping facilities. Shopping is strange. You can feel and sense the feelings from the surrounding shoppers. We are lining up outside with an 8' space between us to get in. A security guard with two click counters attends the door. I am doing shopping for the elderly and shut ins. Only one door is open for exit and one for entry.

It's so ridiculous. I'm not wearing a mask. I have rights.

AppLeo: All these restrictions and limitations, not to mention completely stupid, but for some old people. OLD PEOPLE. People in their 70s! People who are going to live what, maybe another 2-3 years at most??? So what if the virus kills them. They are just as likely to die from the actual flu, or a heart attack or respiratory distress.

I really like old people. My shut in are in their 80's. While I don't agree with what is going on, because I have looked at the statistics from 2000 to now in Canada, the USA, the UK, and Europe and the flu has always been a danger to people that are aged, and that have respiratory issues, and the weak of the young.

Unlike you, it would seem, I do care about the old people.

It's not that I don't care about old people; their lives just shouldn't infringe on my rights. Locking down the economy to protect a population that is already in the process of dying is beyond stupid. It's utterly destruction and we're paying for it.

AppLeo: We do not sacrifice the young to the old. That is just backwards nonsense. I hate old people. They created a garbage world. This postmodern shithole. Climate change and pollution. Wars. A pathetic education system. And now, they want me to put my life on hold?

You are confusing old people with people of power. Do you really think that what your Generation will be duped with, that you and your Generation should be held responsible for? The money people will do what they do. The old people, they were not responsible for the above statements. They just did, like you will do to survive in their time.

Direct your anger appropriately.

It's not really that I blame a generation. I just blame everyone. Everyone's dumb.

AppLeo: Our destruction of the economy has put the world back in more ways than you can imagine. We lost 2 trillion dollars! So much productivity and progress GONE. Never to be seen again. Because of some virus...

Well, to be honest, paying $6.00 for a loaf of good bread, isn't really a good economy. And the money numbers, really don't matter, it is Monopoly money. A correction had to be made. Minimum wage at $20 per hour is not a sustainable reality. How much do you want to pay for food? If people that pick apples make $20 an hour the apples will cost at least $5 per apple. Is that what you would like to see? Is this what your Generation would prefer to be know as being responsible for?

Ugh, I don't even know what you're going on about. I'm just saying that shutting down the economy slowed and even shut down production all over the economy and this has hurt us more than we realize. People are losing jobs. It'll take time for the businesses to start back up. The social isolation is making people sad and irritated.

AppLeo: The aftermath will be mental chaos. Suicide and mental illness will skyrocket when our already atomized and fragmented society becomes even more so.

Yes, the weak and destitute will die. We are extremely overpopulated on Earth. Oh well.

Uhh...

AppLeo: Meanwhile, Capricorn elites are rushing to grab more power and money while people willingly give up their freedoms. No anger. No rebellion. No nothing. Just a blind acceptance.

There is a lot of anger. The rest I agree with.

Am I supposed to be happy about this? If you're not angry about this then you don't understand what's at stake.

AppLeo: All these idiots who prefer security over their freedom. What is life if you aren't free? You're already dead. DEAD. You ******* zombie.

Freedom is not a word that ever should have been coined. It is a falsehood. No one is free. One persons freedom is an infringement on another. The price of "Freedom" is very high.

You don't even know what you're talking about... There are clearly different degrees of freedom and to say that there is no such thing as freedom is saying that there is no difference between the United States and Soviet Russia or Maoist China.
I would respond to the rest of what you said but too lazy...

I answered this rashly yesterday. I would like to clarify.

I agree, the world is in rough shape. Being extremely overpopulated, extremely polluted and diseased, and run by people that the blame goes to the little guys. Do you really think that the old people are responsible for this?

Are you responsible for what is happening now?

How can I be responsible; I'm only 21. Besides, I've disagreed with the status quo ever since I was 18. Whatever is happening now I never supported.

But yes older people are responsible for what is happening. Do you see any young people in authority positions?

david starling

Apps, this pandemic isn't restricted to the elderly, it's attacking anyone with a weakened immune system.

I do think the hyped-up fear and hysteria is ridiculous though, and that masks shouldn't be mandatory.

AppLeo

Apps, this pandemic isn't restricted to the elderly, it's attacking anyone with a weakened immune system.

I do think the hyped-up fear and hysteria is ridiculous though, and that masks shouldn't be mandatory.

People with weakened immune systems are a small minority. They should just isolate themselves, not drag everyone along with them. We need to build herd immunity so that it will be safer for people with weakened immune systems. Social isolation does not help with that at all.