Human existence: the gender of God

Opal

Premium Member
:biggrin::leoimg: NOW that's' funny!!

Ironic how "god" always has man's (and women) characteristics as human as they are. Jealous was a good start. :wink:
hahaha, no man, what you said was funny! I just quoted The Bible, which can sometimes be construed as comic relief:tongue:

Opal

Premium Member
"God" of thunder & lightening correct? Wonder what the "god" of Mt. Sinai was as an equivalent? Fire & Brimstone? Perhaps. :wink::rightful: "Submit or else"

Zeus - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeus

Zeus is the sky and thunder god in ancient Greek religion, who rules as king of the gods of Mount Olympus. His name is cognate with the first element of his Roman equivalent Jupiter. His mythologies and powers are similar, though not identical, to those of Indo-European deities such as Jupiter, Perkūnas, Perun, Indra and Thor.

I just had to check and make sure we weren't in Traditional here. I always forget.

david starling

Many Christians are worshipping Satan (who equates with Saturn, astrologically), without even realizing it. The angel Satan was considered to be subservient to the One God in the Old Testament.

david starling

It’s impossible to imagine Mars giving rise to a patriarchal theology, just as Venus does not rule matriarchy. Saturn who rigidly controls the masculine principle for his own ends is conceivable.

Jupiter is one patriarchal Sign-ruler, but is much more egalitarian than Saturn, the other patriarchal ruler.

david starling

Yes, a patriarchal polytheistic society could have significant or even ruling goddesses. Almost like war-ball team mascots.

Athena was more than a mascot. She was giver of victory in battle, and wise in the arts of peace as well. (What's war-ball? I looked it up, and it looks like it's played by both genders, unless it's a different game.)

Without Demeter of the ancient Greek pantheon, the Earth would go dormant, wrapped in endless Winter.

These were not minor deities!

Last edited:

waybread

They couldn't understand the God of Israel until the outpouring of the holy spirit on the apostles and their subsequent preaching. And I think many here are still in that age of darkness, being deceived and deceiving others.

Who are "they," Petosiris???

david starling

Last edited:

waybread

David, the Jewish Sabbath is celebrated on Saturday.

More particularly, the Jewish day isn't 24 hours from midnight to midnight, but goes from sundown to sundown. So the Sabbath starts on Friday evening and ends on Saturday evening.

This has been the case since about forever.

david starling

The sacred, 7-stem candelabra, is the most ancient symbol of Judaism. Astrologically, it relates to 7th-sign Libra, and is balanced, 3 on each side and one in the center, at the balance-point. The 7th Sephirah of the Kabbalistic Tree of life is associated with the planet Venus, ruler of Libra.

Last edited:

david starling

David, the Jewish Sabbath is celebrated on Saturday.

More particularly, the Jewish day isn't 24 hours from midnight to midnight, but goes from sundown to sundown. So the Sabbath starts on Friday evening and ends on Saturday evening.

This has been the case since about forever.

It wasn't CALLED Saturn's Day in the Hebrew calendar. The Romans chose that name for it. "Shabbat" means "Day of Rest and Prayer"--originally nothing to do with the planet Saturn.