Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Unread 02-25-2020, 02:09 AM
mrastro's Avatar
mrastro mrastro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 63
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Michael Cohen and Bill Maher have said that there won't be a peaceful transition of power if the Democratic candidate wins. Bill Maher asked several Democrats about this and they don't seem to have a plan to deal with Trump. https://youtu.be/YwVe6XEKbps?t=486

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 02-25-2020, 02:19 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,489
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrastro View Post
Michael Cohen and Bill Maher have said that there won't be a peaceful transition of power if the Democratic candidate wins. Bill Maher asked several Democrats about this and they don't seem to have a plan to deal with Trump. https://youtu.be/YwVe6XEKbps?t=486
Do you believe Trump will refuse to leave office after losing the Election?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 02-25-2020, 06:38 AM
chiamaria chiamaria is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 118
This is an overly dramatic thread. Seriously.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 02-25-2020, 08:42 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,489
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post
This is an overly dramatic thread. Seriously.
Drama Queen Trump inspired it. Are you certain that he'll relinquish power peacefully?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 02-25-2020, 08:49 AM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,340
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It's not "We the People" who choose to elect a President. It's actually We the States, in a holdover from the Articles of the Confederation which preceded the Constitution and was grafted in to satisfy the Slave States' imperative that they could prevent an Anti-Slavery President. Trump could lose the election by as many as 8 million votes of We the People, and still win the Presidency.
The USA is not a democracy, it is a democratic republic. The purpose of the electoral college has nothing to do with slaves, but with the unequal representation of states with low population rates as opposed to those that are highly populated.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 02-25-2020, 08:50 AM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,340
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Drama Queen Trump inspired it. Are you certain that he'll relinquish power peacefully?
Yes. quite sure.
Are you sure the deep state installed by Obama will give up its powers?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 02-25-2020, 09:50 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,489
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
The USA is not a democracy, it is a democratic republic. The purpose of the electoral college has nothing to do with slaves, but with the unequal representation of states with low population rates as opposed to those that are highly populated.
The President is the President of ALL the people, as in "We the People of the UNITED States, and all elected, REPRESENTATIVE offices are by majority rule. That's what makes it a democratic republic, as opposed to a monarchy, a dictatorship, or a pure democracy.

Each State has its own elected officials, including its own Governor and ONLY two U.S. Senators REGARDLESS of population, which is how the less populated States get equal representation at the Federal level.

The ONLY elected representatives of ALL of the people in ALL of the States united into a single Nation, are the President and Vice-president. Therefore, they should be elected by the Popular vote of the entire Nation.

The Electoral College was ORIGINALLY intended to preserve Slavery in the "Slave-States", as opposed to the "Free-States". Slave-States would not have joined the Union under the Constitution without getting an unfair advantage, a type of "affirmative action", to ensure that the majority of the entire population of this nation would be denied the right to elect an anti-Slavery President, like Abraham Lincoln.

When this strategy failed, they seceded, and went back to the Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union, which had been superseded by the Constitution, and had provided more sovereignty for the States than the Constitution.

Because of this unfair, Electoral College, method of electing EVERYONE'S President, REGARDLESS of what State one resides in, as many as 49.9 % of a State's population can be denied the right to cast a meaningful vote for the elected representative of the entire Nation. For example, in California, about a third of the votes were for Trump in 2016, but not ONE of those votes mattered--ALL of California's Electoral votes went to HRC. In Texas, it was the reverse.

Last edited by david starling; 02-25-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 02-25-2020, 10:04 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,489
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Fun fact: When it appeared that Mitt Romney would win the Popular vote but lose the Electoral vote, none other than DJT himself declared that the Electoral College system was unfair, and should be abolished!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
leomoon (02-25-2020), mrastro (02-25-2020)
  #34  
Unread 02-25-2020, 10:18 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,489
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

If the Democratic Party nominee loses the Electoral vote in the 2020 Election, as many as 8 MILLION votes for the Presidency will have been thrown in the trash! So much for "One Person One Vote"!

Since the President is the President of ALL of the People, EVERY person's vote should count.

Last edited by david starling; 02-25-2020 at 10:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 02-25-2020, 10:33 AM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,340
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
If the Democratic Party nominee loses the Electoral vote in the 2020 Election, as many as 8 MILLION votes for the Presidency will have been thrown in the trash! So much for "One Person One Vote"!

Since the President is the President of ALL of the People, EVERY person's vote should count.
Where is it written that there is one person one vote?
I live in a country governed strictly by majority rule, and it is caos.
So, after the 2016 elections, the Democrats accepted the elections and worked towards resolving problems and improving the country? Or have they spent the past few years trying one way or the other to overthrow the vote?
When Obama was elected twice, and the election frauds came to the surface, it wasn't considered serious.
But the republicans didn't work towards finding some excuse to overthrow the president. In 4 years, there is another election!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 02-25-2020, 10:48 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,489
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Where is it written that there is one person one vote?
I live in a country governed strictly by majority rule, and it is caos.
So, after the 2016 elections, the Democrats accepted the elections and worked towards resolving problems and improving the country? Or have they spent the past few years trying one way or the other to overthrow the vote?
When Obama was elected twice, and the election frauds came to the surface, it wasn't considered serious.
But the republicans didn't work towards finding some excuse to overthrow the president. In 4 years, there is another election!
The U.S. IS governed strictly by majority rule. The majority in each State elects its representatives. And, since the President is everyone's President regardless of which State one resides in, the majority of voters in the nation should elect the President.

The Republicans couldn't find anything solid enough to impeach Obama. They did try to "find some excuse to overthrow the president" in Bill Clinton's case, but having sex with an intern isn't against the rules as far as the Constitution is concerned. Unlike Trump, Clinton agreed to testify under oath, and was impeached for lying about it, not for doing it.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 02-25-2020, 12:24 PM
chiamaria chiamaria is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Drama Queen Trump inspired it. Are you certain that he'll relinquish power peacefully?
After he serves his second term, sure. But even if he were to, hypothetically, lose the second election, I'm sure he'd relinquish it peacefully. Dems are just projecting because they don't know how to behave peacefully themselves. They still can't get over the fact that he won and orchestrated a BS "strategic" impeachment against Trump, which has backfired big time but they still can't let it go.

But hey, Trump will forever be impeached and that's all that matters right? Matters more than fixing problems in the US of A. That's the only thread they dearly hold onto for life cause they have nothing else and they know it, otherwise they wouldn't overemphasise such an unimportant point.

Lalalala can't hear you, Trump's forever impeached lalalalaaa!

And they call Trump petty and an overgrown child.

As the saying goes: Why focus on a speck in your brother's eye when you have a log in your own?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiamaria For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (02-25-2020), mrastro (02-25-2020)
  #38  
Unread 02-25-2020, 02:38 PM
karthik20 karthik20 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: india
Posts: 251
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Kenneth bowser n many others predicted trump winning n nomination right after he threw in his hat.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to karthik20 For This Useful Post:
leomoon (02-25-2020)
  #39  
Unread 02-25-2020, 02:55 PM
mrastro's Avatar
mrastro mrastro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 63
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Do you believe Trump will refuse to leave office after losing the Election?
I don't think Donald Trump is the type of person who accepts defeat gracefully. He said that the election was rigged and he would not accept the results during the 2016 election when he thought he was going to lose.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Unread 02-25-2020, 03:04 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,340
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

He refused to promise to accept the results because it depended on how the election was carried out.
The Dems including Hilary promised to accept and respect the results. And we know how that ended, don't we!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Unread 02-25-2020, 03:12 PM
leomoon's Avatar
leomoon leomoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 794
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrastro View Post
I don't think Donald Trump is the type of person who accepts defeat gracefully. He said that the election was rigged and he would not accept the results during the 2016 election when he thought he was going to lose.

I think everyone agrees with this answer, both parties who have watched the man closely. There are lots of images created of him hanging on to a pole on the portico of the WH, (a particularly funny one) but there is also something called FATE. Some Presidents even died while in office of natural causes.



The Democrats of course need to have the Majority rule in the Senate, get rid of McConnell, and then they are halfway home free. If Bernie is elected it would not surprise me if the more conservative of the group worked on negotiating with him. His age is a concern and hopefully, his VP pick (IF the ulltimate nominee that is, a big "IF" at this point; will be younger then he is.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Unread 02-25-2020, 03:25 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,340
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Has anyone done any charts on the upcoming election?
Or comparisons with the candidate's charts/progressions?
That would be interesting. A bit of work, though.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Unread 02-25-2020, 03:52 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,489
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post
After he serves his second term, sure. But even if he were to, hypothetically, lose the second election, I'm sure he'd relinquish it peacefully. Dems are just projecting because they don't know how to behave peacefully themselves. They still can't get over the fact that he won and orchestrated a BS "strategic" impeachment against Trump, which has backfired big time but they still can't let it go.

But hey, Trump will forever be impeached and that's all that matters right? Matters more than fixing problems in the US of A. That's the only thread they dearly hold onto for life cause they have nothing else and they know it, otherwise they wouldn't overemphasise such an unimportant point.

Lalalala can't hear you, Trump's forever impeached lalalalaaa!

And they call Trump petty and an overgrown child.

As the saying goes: Why focus on a speck in your brother's eye when you have a log in your own?
His policies regarding the Environment and the Social Safety-net are the main reason why I'm against his Presidency. Hope you're right about his leaving Office peacefully.

ANY President could have had a successful economy, and Obama gets the credit for guiding it back on track after the 2008 meltdown.

His cult-like following disturbs me, along with his immature shock-jock, divisive, derisive style. We need a uniter, not a divider.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Unread 02-25-2020, 03:54 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,340
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

"Obama gets the credit"
Interesting, have you seen the video of Obama saying it wasn't possibile?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Unread 02-25-2020, 04:06 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,489
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
"Obama gets the credit"
Interesting, have you seen the video of Obama saying it wasn't possibile?
He did it though. I looked at the major indicators, and they were all on the rebound before Trump took office. The massive tax cut for Wall Street and the Corporations was bipartisan, and wasn't necesssary--slower, more gradual improvement would have continued, and wouldn't have wreaked havoc on the National Debt.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Unread 02-26-2020, 06:36 AM
chiamaria chiamaria is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
ANY President could have had a successful economy, and Obama gets the credit for guiding it back on track after the 2008 meltdown.
This part is true. When Obama left office and Trump took office, I do remember that the economy just started to tick back on the right path and it was just Trump's luck. Pelosi may be ridiculous but she was right about that point and I don't like that this isn't acknowledged by the republican media side (ie. Fox news). If Obama had been a republican and was replaced by a democrat they would have acknowledged this uptick under the republican president's watch but they don't because he was a democrat and this point is even being buried. Credit should be given where credit's due.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chiamaria For This Useful Post:
david starling (02-26-2020)
  #47  
Unread 02-26-2020, 07:47 AM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,340
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

The economy jumped when Trump was elected because Trump was elected. Fresh wave of freedom and growth took over.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Unread 02-26-2020, 08:35 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,489
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
The economy jumped when Trump was elected because Trump was elected. Fresh wave of freedom and growth took over.
No, it was already starting to jump. He just took credit for it even though he didn't make it happen. I get that you really, really like him though. He has that effect on some, and the opposite effect on others. .
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Unread 02-26-2020, 09:06 AM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,340
Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Not him, but what he is doing yes.

No charts?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Unread 02-26-2020, 09:10 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 22,489
Smile Re: Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Not him, but what he is doing yes.

No charts?
You LIKE his environmental policies???
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.