Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 01-23-2020, 12:29 PM

Re: Is Pluto an astrological planet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 01-23-2020, 02:29 PM

Smile Re: Is Pluto an astrological planet?

Kronophobia increases in intensity, the farther past Kronos/Saturn one goes, with Pluto at the high end of the scale.
Unread 01-23-2020, 02:39 PM

One thing I find odd is the religious fervor people have for a space rock. You'd think this thread was attacking someones messiah.
Unread 01-23-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
One thing I find odd is the religious fervor people have for a space rock. You'd think this thread was attacking someones messiah.
No, it's an attack on Modernistic astrology, which not only accepts Pluto as a astrological planet, but accords it Sign-rulership, and Chart-influence rivaling that of Saturn. Like Modernism ran the "STOP at SATURN" sign, and set off the Kronophobic alarm sirens.

Some "hybrid" astrologers are less frightened of the wrath of Saturn, and timidly use Pluto as a "data-point", but not a full-fledged Chart-influence.
Unread 01-23-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
No, it's an attack on Modernistic astrology, which not only accepts Pluto as a astrological planet, but accords it Sign-rulership, and Chart-influence rivaling that of Saturn. Like Modernism ran the "STOP at SATURN" sign, and set off the Kronophobic alarm sirens.

Some "hybrid" astrologers are less frightened of the wrath of Saturn, and timidly use Pluto as a "data-point", but not a full-fledged Chart-influence.
Nah, I've seen people defend some space rock like it was their own mother. Most likely an ego-thing on both sides.

One believes this space rock does things because they were introduced to astrology with it involved.

The other doesn't use it for similar reasons.

Who's right? The one who can actually get results.
Unread 01-23-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Nah, I've seen people defend some space rock like it was their own mother. Most likely an ego-thing on both sides.

One believes this space rock does things because they were introduced to astrology with it involved.

The other doesn't use it for similar reasons.

Who's right? The one who can actually get results.
I agree that some are overrating Pluto as an astrological influence, while others are in complete denial concerning its results in the Chart.
Unread 01-23-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I agree that some are overrating Pluto as an astrological influence, while others are in complete denial concerning its results in the Chart.
Results should be all that matters. An example: In my chart, nothing that Pluto supposedly does can't be explained by Mars in the 12th - so I don't use it. It's absolutely worthless in my chart.

Now, does this mean my chart is the basis for all others? No. Perhaps it does something in some other chart, how would I know when it's impossible to know the life of the native from a simply chart glance.

Results, man. If one can prove their case on what they claim, that'd be interesting.

Suppose I'm too neutral for those arguments though.
Unread 01-23-2020, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Results should be all that matters. An example: In my chart, nothing that Pluto supposedly does can't be explained by Mars in the 12th - so I don't use it. It's absolutely worthless in my chart.

Now, does this mean my chart is the basis for all others? No. Perhaps it does something in some other chart, how would I know when it's impossible to know the life of the native from a simply chart glance.

Results, man. If one can prove their case on what they claim, that'd be interesting.

Suppose I'm too neutral for those arguments though.
You're starting from the PREMISE that Pluto has no effect, and then demanding proof that it does.
Unread 01-23-2020, 03:34 PM

Blaze, is it just Pluto, or does Neptune have no discernable effect on your Chart as well?
Unread 01-23-2020, 03:37 PM

I see the 3 Modernistic outermosts as relating directly to mind-expansion, and life beyond the material plane.
Unread 01-23-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I see the 3 Modernistic outermosts as relating directly to mind-expansion, and life beyond the material plane.
So if I hit you really hard in the head, do the 3 outermosts continue to impact your mind-expansion beyond the material plane?
Unread 01-23-2020, 03:43 PM

Quote:
You're starting from the PREMISE that Pluto has no effect, and then demanding proof that it does.
No no, I'm starting from no premise. Not for or against it's usage.

I'm not closed off to it doing something for others. That being said, taking established traits from the original planets and throwing them unto the dwarf planet "just because" seems strange.

But alas, that's just like, my opinion, man. On a side-note: At the very least, "Moderns" have to deal with more than just two giant di'cks in the sky. Guess I'm lucky that way.
Unread 01-23-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
So if I hit you really hard in the head, do the 3 outermosts continue to impact your mind-expansion beyond the material plane?
Are you Experienced? (In the Jimi Hendrix sense of the word?)
Not necessarily recommending, just asking.

If hit, my Piscean Mars gets activated.
Unread 01-23-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Blaze, is it just Pluto, or does Neptune have no discernable effect on your Chart as well?
If they did, Saturn supersedes them, being the ruler of the sign they sit in, domicile in it's own horrific placement of Capricun't.

So, if they do have an effect that isn't already established by Saturn - dunno.
Unread 01-23-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
No no, I'm starting from no premise. Not for or against it's usage.

I'm not closed off to it doing something for others. That being said, taking established traits from the original planets and throwing them unto the dwarf planet "just because" seems strange.

But alas, that's just like, my opinion, man. On a side-note: At the very least, "Moderns" have to deal with more than just two giant di'cks in the sky. Guess I'm lucky that way.
Pluto is ascribed traits unavailable from the others. Same with the other two. This is why the ancient religions required them as part of their pantheons. Osirus/Pluto (Eternity), chopped into pieces by Set/Kronos/Saturn (increments of Time).

Saturn's associated with the Grim Reaper, the ender. Pluto's about the transformation that follows. Not the same function.
Unread 01-23-2020, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Are you Experienced? (In the Jimi Hendrix sense of the word?)
Not necessarily recommending, just asking.

If hit, my Piscean Mars gets activated.
Leo Mars - very aggressive here
Unread 01-23-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
If they did, Saturn supersedes them, being the ruler of the sign they sit in, domicile in it's own horrific placement of Capricun't.

So, if they do have an effect that isn't already established by Saturn - dunno.
Neptune is the antithesis of Saturn. You can't get Neptune from any combination of the closer, more personal planets. They're not spaced-out enough!
Unread 01-23-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
Leo Mars - very aggressive here
12/12 Mars in Leo: Catalytic energy!
Unread 01-23-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Pluto is ascribed traits unavailable from the others. Same with the other two. This is why the ancient religions required them as part of their pantheons. Osirus/Pluto (Eternity), chopped into pieces by Set/Kronos/Saturn (increments of Time).

Saturn's associated with the Grim Reaper, the ender. Pluto's about the transformation that follows. Not the same function.
Everything transforms. The Moon as an example, is in a near constant state of flux (of transforming it's energies) from one sign to the next. Shouldn't it rule transformation then?

What of Saturn? Saturn lords over rejection, which gives birth to rebellion, which in-turn gives birth to change, or transformation. Why doesn't it rule transformation?

There are other planets that could be used as an example, none of them outer, so how does that give Pluto it's own identity?

What you'll need is proof. Without proof, simply using different terminology won't change the fact that another planet did it first. Show me a chart of some kind where you can point it out for me, Dave. I'm willing to look and listen. Learning is fun, isn't it?
Unread 01-23-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Neptune is the antithesis of Saturn. You can't get Neptune from any combination of the closer, more personal planets. They're not spaced-out enough!
My 9th house smells pretty bad when one considers all the gas giants in it.
Unread 01-23-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Everything transforms. The Moon as an example, is in a near constant state of flux (of transforming it's energies) from one sign to the next. Shouldn't it rule transformation then?

What of Saturn? Saturn lords over rejection, which gives birth to rebellion, which in-turn gives birth to change, or transformation. Why doesn't it rule transformation?

There are other planets that could be used as an example, none of them outer, so how does that give Pluto it's own identity?

What you'll need is proof. Without proof, simply using different terminology won't change the fact that another planet did it first. Show me a chart of some kind where you can point it out for me, Dave. I'm willing to look and listen. Learning is fun, isn't it?
The Moon is heavily involved with Pluto. So are Mercury and Mars. Remember, although these Outermosts are missing from ancient astrology, they weren't available either. Both Neptune and Pluto were invisible gods, hidden beneath the waves, and in the Underworld. They functioned on their own, not as a combination of the sky-deities.
Unread 01-23-2020, 04:26 PM

Blaze, as I see it, Saturn is currently locked in a struggle with Pluto. This will ameliorate the effects of your Saturn return.
Unread 01-23-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Blaze, as I see it, Saturn is currently locked in a struggle with Pluto. This will ameliorate the effects of your Saturn return.
Saturn, in its domicile, ruling any planet currently in Capricorn, is having trouble with a guest it has command of?
Unread 01-23-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Saturn, in its domicile, ruling any planet currently in Capricorn, is having trouble with a guest it has command of?
Saturn's winning, but still preoccupied.
Unread 01-23-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Tags
asstrological, astrological, hello moto, muto, planet, pluto