Is Neptune an Astrological Planet?

petosiris

Banned
I wouldn't say that light is the mechanism for astrology, but planetary size divided by the planetary distance from Earth seems like a pretty reasonable objection to the outer planets.

To put things into perspective, Pluto is about half the size of Mercury, but is about 63 times more distant on average. Neptune is about third the size of Jupiter, but is about 7 times more distant on average. The light that reaches us is mostly the result of that.

I was trolling with the light. The sizes and distances of the heavenly bodies are real astrological factors though.

david starling

I was trolling with the light. The sizes and distances of the heavenly bodies are real astrological factors though.

But, if our eyesight was more acute, and we could see Neptune without a telescope, what then? Would your convenient size/distance ratio make any difference? LIke, "just ignore that transiting blue light up there, it's too far away for its size!". :biggrin:

petosiris

Banned
But, if our eyesight was more acute, and we could see Neptune without a telescope, what then? Would your convenient size/distance ratio make any difference? LIke, "just ignore that transiting blue light up there, it's too far away for its size!". :biggrin:

Did you even read what I wrote? :unsure:

Neptune is 21 times smaller than Jupiter, and Pluto is 126 times smaller than Mercury from the geocentric perspective on which astrology is based. :smile:

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Neptune's diameter is about 50,000 kilometers, to Jupiter's 140,000. That's a third smaller, not 21 times smaller.

And is 7 times more distant on average from Earth, making it like 21 times smaller in effect. This is mostly why its apparent magnitude is 0.000... something % of that of Jupiter. :smile:

Last edited: