Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

Hmm, that’s probably why history bred so many Christian sects who have fought each other with devilish cruelty.

My contention is, based on my own experience with Piscean placements, this isn't the result I would expect from a Piscean Age ruled by Neptune. More like a head-butting, Capricornian Age ruled by Saturn.

petosiris

Banned
Yeah, You.

Yes, I do. God is not an absolute impersonal principle or a philosophical idea, he is One Supreme Being with dominion over all things, with a perfect nature and a perfect will, immortal and living, perfectly just, perfectly wise, supremely powerful who can will everything, but who wills only things that accord with all his perfect qualities, spiritual and invisible, whose image is Jesus Christ, his only Son, my lord, teacher, priest and king, he is light for all nations, which requires no explanation, because so many Christian sects have done a lot of good in this world, incomparable with any other envious teaching.

Last edited:

david starling

In 12/12, it's actually Apollo who Native-rules Sagittarius, with Jupiter as Regulating-ruler. Easy to associate Apollo with the Ascendant, with his origin stemming from the Egyptian Solar-god Horus.

petosiris

Banned
The "Know thyself" guy, who drove the chariot of Sol up through the Gate of Dawn on the Eastern horizon. The "Most Greek of the gods", patron of the Nine Muses, and #1 son of Zeus/Jupiter. The Romans kept the name Apollo, without Latinizing it.

How does a myth rule a sign? Don't you have astronomical objects in astrology?

david starling

The center-top ring of the Olympian symbol (now used for the "Olympic" games) was for Apollo's Pythian Games, flanked by two of the Olympiad Games dedicated to Zeus. Apollo's games were more sacred and personal.

Last edited:

david starling

What is the lurking variable that causes this spurious relationship?

The archetypal categories explain the confusion. For example, the early Roman Catholic Church had to contend with the belief that Jupiter was King of the gods, and labeled Jupiter as a real entity, but in reality a Satanically-inspired "demon", with characteristics similar to the Father in the Christian Trinity in order to mislead the populace.

petosiris

Banned
The archetypal categories explain the confusion. For example, the early Roman Catholic Church had to contend with the belief that Jupiter was King of the gods, and labeled Jupiter as a real entity, but in reality a Satanically-inspired "demon", with characteristics similar to the Father in the Christian Trinity in order to mislead the populace.

You still haven't given a reason.