will astrology become a science

clip11

i know mainstream science dismisses it as woo but i think its due to basing predictions solely off sun sign. i used to think astrology is nonsense. around the time of my saturn return for some reason i began to look into it and discovered that its much more to it.

i dont think its magic but i do think theres a scientific explanation behind it. we already know for example that being born during the day or night influences personality or being born at night makes one more prone to learning disabilities but science is unsure why that is.

Darkgirl

Banned
i think its not "under this and this transit you will met someone special"

well, i think its more like if you have for example Neptun transit square natal venus, it should show you to proove your idea of relationship / love, that you dont run into something blind, that you prove it, if its realistic

so every transit will "teach" you some lessons

if a transit goes retrograde and then start again, you should ask you what have i done last time false? what have had i should in a different way?

i believe that astrology influence our live yes, but we could choose on our own how we handle it.

CapAquaPis

Scientists need to examine closely on the possibility the planets crossing 12 of the 88 constellations in the ecliptic can affect personal lives and events on earth ... and they could discover how or why astrology can predict the future and can describe a person almost accurately based on their sun as well the moon signs.

petosiris

Banned
Doing the math, to generate a chart, feels scientific.

It is because it makes it falsifiable - OP could look at the first three pages of this thread https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127110

For me it is the cosmobiological plausibility, that as astronomy influences meteorology, so meteorology should have heavy influence on the conception and birth of humans, just as there is temperature-dependent sex determination of reptiles and seasonal breeding of certain animals, so it is possible that the weather (at least qualitatively) contributes to the conception of a male with certain temperament and with certain parents only at specific times, and that birth is synchronized with the conception through similar latent weather (because there obviously are people with hot temperament in both summer and winter).

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
It is because it makes it falsifiable - OP could look at the first three pages of this thread https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127110

For me it is the cosmobiological plausibility, that as astronomy influences meteorology, so meteorology should have heavy influence on the conception and birth of humans, just as there is temperature-dependent sex determination of reptiles and seasonal breeding of certain animals, so it is possible that the weather (at least qualitatively) contributes to the conception of a male with certain temperament and with certain parents only at specific times, and that birth is synchronized with the conception through similar latent weather (because there obviously are people with hot temperament in both summer and winter).

I don’t think it is particularly falsifiable. I get the same chart whenever I do the data. Human error has prevailed. But, that is different.

What decanate are you? I am first.

petosiris

Banned
I don’t think it is particularly falsifiable. I get the same chart whenever I do the data. Human error has prevailed. But, that is different.

What do you mean?

What decanate are you? I am first.

You mean of the Sun in Libra at my nativity? It is in the first decan, yes.

Opal

Premium Member
What do you mean?

You mean of the Sun in Libra at my nativity? It is in the first decan, yes.

wow. I know a lot of 1st decan Libra's. I like them. A bunch of us were at a gathering, we picked a weekend, for us all to have a party at a lake. After the weekend had passed, a bunch of us met at a friends, one of us, and we all asked who showed up. None of us had. :whistling::whistling::whistling::biggrin:

piercethevale

It always has been a "science". The present problem is that it has been greatly corrupted.

In fact not only is it a "science", I agree with the late Dane Rudhyar, in that it will also one day be recognized again as "the Mother of All Science".

For more information...

See my thread, "A Runic Explanation of the Zodiac"
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13700

and the Thread "Music and the Path Of True Discipleship & the 7 & the 5" .https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19550

Thank you for your interest :biggrin:

sworm09

i know mainstream science dismisses it as woo but i think its due to basing predictions solely off sun sign. i used to think astrology is nonsense. around the time of my saturn return for some reason i began to look into it and discovered that its much more to it.

i dont think its magic but i do think theres a scientific explanation behind it. we already know for example that being born during the day or night influences personality or being born at night makes one more prone to learning disabilities but science is unsure why that is.

Ehh I don't see it. There's no currently known physical mechanism for it. If you say that it has to do with naturalistic factors during birth, fine...but how does that tie into events that happen to you when you're 98 years old? What would be the mechanism for carrying the astronomical positions of the planets with you for your entire life? Shouldn't conception matter more?

I've seen some people posit that the mechanism is light. Ok cool. So how does that tie into using astrology to predict things like earthquakes and famines? I'd really like to understand the mechanism of a solar eclipse causing an earthquake.

The Babylonians seemed to have saw what they were doing as omen watching. I contend that astrology, even today with everything that's been built on top of it, is still celestial omen watching....as uncomfortable as that might be to admit. Almost all of the significations of the planets derive from things like their appearance and speed. Mars signifies war because it's a bloody red planet, Saturn is malefic because it is dark and dull in the sky while Venus and Jupiter are bright and shiny. Even now on the cusp of the 2020's I think we're still doing omen watching, as sophisticated and "scientific" as it tries to look.

As astrologers it might be best to leave the physics to the physicists and just get on with our weird craft.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Ehh I don't see it. There's no currently known physical mechanism for it. If you say that it has to do with naturalistic factors during birth, fine...but how does that tie into events that happen to you when you're 98 years old? What would be the mechanism for carrying the astronomical positions of the planets with you for your entire life? Shouldn't conception matter more?

Conception should matter more, but both Babylonian and Hellenistic astrologers were in agreement that the time of birth was in agreement with the time of conception. This seems plausible in a naturalistic way, nature gives birth at a time when it is ripe for doing so. This time is influenced by genetics and environment, and after conception/birth, vice versa, genetics and environment influence times of events.

I've seen some people posit that the mechanism is light. Ok cool. So how does that tie into using astrology to predict things like earthquakes and famines? I'd really like to understand the mechanism of a solar eclipse causing an earthquake.

That doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe the solar eclipse causes particular gravitational influence through the syzygy, or meteorological influence through the very short time of obscuration (maybe even this could be responsible for tectonic effects, although IIRC scientists have not found correlation between weather and earthquakes so far).

The Babylonians seemed to have saw what they were doing as omen watching. I contend that astrology, even today with everything that's been built on top of it, is still celestial omen watching....as uncomfortable as that might be to admit. Almost all of the significations of the planets derive from things like their appearance and speed. Mars signifies war because it's a bloody red planet, Saturn is malefic because it is dark and dull in the sky while Venus and Jupiter are bright and shiny. Even now on the cusp of the 2020's I think we're still doing omen watching, as sophisticated and "scientific" as it tries to look.

That is plausible. But a lot of significations in Hellenistic astrology were derived from their temperament and their supposed influences on the four elements in the atmosphere. Like for example, solar radiation does in fact cause hot weather, and hot weather does in fact increase violence - Anderson, C. A., Anderson, K. B., Dorr, N., DeNeve, K. M., & Flanagan, M. (2000). Temperature and aggression. In M. P. Zanna (Ed.), Advances in Experimental Social Psychology. San Diego: Academic Press.

As astrologers it might be best to leave the physics to the physicists and just get on with our weird craft.

Even if astrology was based on omens (which I do not think it is), the correlation of the omens and terrestrial events would be controlled by a third physical factor. Some have invented wild metaphysical speculations like synchronicity and gods that are less plausible than the natural subject, others have contended with psychological explanations of cold reading, but are afraid to say so, these have taken the guise of ''magical divination'' in the eyes of the vulgar, when the hypocrites meant something else, but they are always talking sideways to avoid being discovered and ostracized by the first fellows.

Last edited: