Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

Since Saturn is "in its Fall", in Aquarius, using the 12/12 pattern, I came up with Saturn as "Foreign-ruler" of Aquarius. Basically, a hostile takeover, but one requiring great effort by Saturn, to quell the Aquarian rebellion. That's our current situation. The closer to the boundary between Cap and Aqua, the greater the resistance to Saturnian-style governance.
Even the Mean position of the tropical Age-window is approaching a 2033, 28 degree mark. An "Age-generation" is 58.1 years, with the 27th degree Age-generation beginning in 1975. Since the Perihelion is occurring in January 3-5 each year, that includes nearly all Natal-charts for the year.

Last edited:

david starling

If it's all right, I'll answer questions about the Ages that anyone posts on this thead, on the Voyages thread. That will keep them all together. With those walls of text, it helps to home in on one particular point or another.This thread is more spontaneous, so it is a good place to ask the questions.

Gemini888

Wish Gem was here, she could share insight on Sagittarius season in a nominally atheist country.
I'm here finally :biggrin:

My country's "religious" belief, if you can call it religious, is more in line with Pisces that with Sag. Interestingly enough, we have a period of massive spiritual festivals that occurs mostly in February - March, the Pisces season. There is virtually nothing during Sag season. Does that answer your question?

I'm interested in how the US experiences Sag season too. Thanksgiving is around Sag season, and as far as I know there is no real religious meaning behind it. And the most religious holiday is in Cap season.

JUPITERASC

Introduction to Hellenistic Astrology Part I - Zodiac

The zodiac completes a sidereal cycle in 23.93446 hours.

The image of the Archer is masculine, diurnal, double-bodied, terrestrial, human,
quadrupedal, royal, eloquent, infertile, enigmatic, incomplete,
with many limbs, running and of the north wind.
It indicates governorship, action, fights, gifts and disputes.

Depending on the placement of the houseruler,
men born under the influence of Sagittarius are large, robust, well-proportioned and graceful,
notable, ambitious, generous, versatile, changeable, prominent, mysterious
because the Archer is unintelligible, gifted, crafty, with bald forehead, round small eyes,
intentional, long-bearded, athletic, bragging, reddish, kingly,
judges, just, loving their brothers and their friends,
superior over their enemies, losing much of their possessions,
gaining them back over the course of time.
The front is weaker, but the back is robust.
Domicile of Jupiter, it controls the thighs, the reproductive system,

the digestive system and the integumentary system.
It causes blindness on account of the arrow.
It is tropical, like-ascending with Taurus and like-engirding with Pisces,
and medium in both Hemispheres.
It is wintry, cold and moist for the north, and summery, hot and dry for the south.
Sagittarius obeys Gemini for the north and commands it for the south.
Sagittarius controls Tyrrhenia, Celtica, Spain, Arabia Felix, Elymais and Iberia.
The arrow, the bow and the grip are rising up to the 12th degree,
the head up to the 17th, the back up to the 21st,
the cloak up to the 26th, and the tail up to the 30th.

The first 12° belong to Jupiter - powers, leaders, lords of life and death, undaunted, kingly
The next 5° belong to Venus - flow, distress, passionate
The next 4° belong to Mercury - notable, fond of frivolous conversation, well-grown
The next 5° belong to Saturn - high spirits
The final 4° belong to Mars - travel, dangers, lawsuits

Arrow Point - Mars and the Moon
Bow and Grip - Jupiter and Mars
Forehead - Mars and the Sun
Cloak and Back - Jupiter and moderately Mercury
Feet - Jupiter and Saturn
Tail - Venus and moderately Saturn

Such, then, are the observations of the effects of the stars
as made by our predecessors.

Bibliography:
Ludwich, A. (Ed.). (1877). Maximi et Ammonis carminum De actionum auspiciis reliquiae:
accedunt Anecdota astrologica. BG Teubneri.
Retrieved from https://archive.org/details/maximietammonisc00ludw/page/n3
Manilius, & Goold, G. P. (1985). Astronomica. BG Teubner.
Robbins, F. E. (1940). Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos.
William Heinmann, London.
Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Ptolemy/Tetrabiblos/home.html
Schmidt, R. The Astrological Record of the Early Greek Sages.
Project Hindsight.
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley.
Retrieved from https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

Assuming local skies are clear
then
by visual observation at night
and using ALDEBARAN 15
MOON TODAY is visibly observed in local skies worldwide :smile:
in CONSTELLATION of SAGITTARIUS

SAGITTARIUS is the domicile aka home of PHAETHON

MOON IS TRAVELLING SECOND DECAN

SIDEREAL SAGITTARIUS

assembled with SIDEREAL SAGITTARIUS VENUS JUPITER SATURN assembly

hexagon SIDEREAL LIBRA MERCURY MARS assembly

FOR VIDEO ANIMATION OF TROPICAL & SIDEREAL PERSPECTIVE
WITH DESCRIPTIVE NARRATIVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-DYgGFjI

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris
1. The gods send signs to all nations, but they are not interpret the same for the different lands,
for one they signify hot weather, for another they signify cold weather,
and for third they signify temperate weather.

2. In the same way, the like-principles of rising times and daylight
become less discernible and causative in the equatorial zones.

3. Therefore another celestial influence is causative for nativities,
rather than the terrestrial effect of weather.
Otherwise, there would be no domicile, no exaltation
and no depression for the equatorial lands.

4. The rationale of the sidereal zodiac is compatible with this hypothesis,
the rationale of the tropical zodiac is not.

MOON travels each SIGN once a month aka "moonth"
and
IS NOT ALWAYS IN SAME SIGN BOTH TROPICALLY AND SIDEREALLY
because
although Astrologers
– whether Tropical or Sidereal
– are commenting on and making predictions
regarding THE IDENTICAL MOON in the skies :smile:
computer generated Tropical Chart differs by DEGREE OCCUPIED BY THE MOON
from Sidereal DEGREE OCCUPIED BY MOON
Sidereal location of Moon may be confirmed BY VISUAL observation of local skies

there is a minimum difference of 20° up to a maximum of approximately 24°
between TROPICAL AND SIDEREAL MEASUREMENT
ANY planet at 0° OF any TROPICAL SIGN
is SIDEREALLY between approximately 6° - 10°
to a maximum 24° of the PREVIOUS SIGN
dependent on the ayanamsha

david starling

Interesting that the word "Moon" is not gender-specific, although we perceive it as female. In ancient Sumeria, it was visualized as male.
Venus, on the other hand, was Inanna/Ishtar, Queen of the Heavens, both erotic as the Evening-star, and fierce and warlike in the cause of justice, as the Morning-star.
The Greco-Romans appear to have been the first to visualize Venus as the Morning and Evening stars as the (Greek) male gods, Phosphoros and Eosphoros, and the male Roman gods Lucifer, meaning "Light-bringer", and Hesphorus.

SunConjunctUranus

Interesting that the word "Moon" is not gender-specific, although we perceive it as female. In ancient Sumeria, it was visualized as male.
Venus, on the other hand, was Inanna/Ishtar, Queen of the Heavens, both erotic as the Evening-star, and fierce and warlike in the cause of justice, as the Morning-star.
The Greco-Romans appear to have been the first to visualize Venus as the Morning and Evening stars as the (Greek) male gods, Phosphoros and Eosphoros, and the male Roman gods Lucifer, meaning "Light-bringer", and Hesphorus.

According to Quran, Allah has 3 daughters and she was mad at her husband - Sun deity - because he gave her daughters instead of sons. QS Surah an-Najm 53: 19-22.

I heard a lot of arabian speaking people claimed that Allah is a Moon deity on discord.

david starling

According to Quran, Allah has 3 daughters and she was mad at her husband - Sun deity - because he gave her daughters instead of sons. QS Surah an-Najm 53: 19-22.

I heard a lot of arabian speaking people claimed that Allah is a Moon deity on discord.

Interesting. Here's another gender surprise: The Sun is now considered masculine, but its origin is from the Old English, "Sunne", which was considered feminine, including the feminine pronouns, "she" and "her".

petosiris

Banned
Interesting. Here's another gender surprise: The Sun is now considered masculine, but its origin is from the Old English, "Sunne", which was considered feminine, including the feminine pronouns, "she" and "her".

It is neuter gender in Slavic languages.

Planetary gender has no meaning without proper understanding of the physical powers of the planets. :smile:

petosiris

Banned
Doesn't change the fact that the actual word "Sun" itself, is derived from the Old English word "Sunne", which was of feminine gender.

I get a feeling you have no idea how gender in language works as an American.

In languages with gender division systems, gender of words does not imply any intrinsic quality (girl is neuter gender in many languages for example), but is most of the time completely arbitrary and based on sounds.

david starling

All joking aside, I do think that assigning gender to the Sign-rulers creates a difference in how we perceive them, but there's a gender fluidity involved. And, I stay gender-neutral in how I assign rulerships.
In American culture, there's still a pervasive attitude that men should be the dominant gender, and that women should "know their place". But, this is gradually changing.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
All joking aside, I do think that assigning gender to the Sign-rulers creates a difference in how we perceive them, but there's a gender fluidity involved. And, I stay gender-neutral in how I assign rulerships.
In American culture, there's still a pervasive attitude that men should be the dominant gender, and that women should "know their place". But, this is gradually changing.

America and Europe are getting cucked.