Is he connected to the mafia? Why am I cazimi..

lux111

Re. my recently-ex Italian bf.. does he have mafia connections? This isn’t just pie in the sky, I have reasons to suspect.

I feel like there’s something unusual in this chart but I can’t put my finger on it, can someone tell me if anything stands out?

First off, I put him as Lord of 7th, is that still ok? So I’m Mercury and he is Jupiter and we don’t aspect so.. not mafia. But I’m cazimi in the 5th, as if I’m aware of and protected from something

Another thing, for his work do I read my 10th or his?

The cusp of his 10th house of work is exact on his MC, and the lord, Venus, is in his 12th house of secrets. A woman..? She *is* in his sign and between us... and about to come meet him in his 1st house. Because they’re in Sag I wonder if someone is flying here to meet him. But anyway some secret relating to work. Mars in his 10th in Libra squaring Saturn and Pluto in his 2nd, might show he’s having major money pressure.

I guess regarding mafia it might be ‘no’ but there’s something secret going on... and why am I illuminated and lucky.. because I’m retrograde and getting away from him and the secret? Can anyone offer any ideas?

https://imgur.com/MoLcqVq

Aria Venue

Re. my recently-ex Italian bf.. does he have mafia connections? This isn’t just pie in the sky, I have reasons to suspect.

I feel like there’s something unusual in this chart but I can’t put my finger on it, can someone tell me if anything stands out?

First off, I put him as Lord of 7th, is that still ok? So I’m Mercury and he is Jupiter and we don’t aspect so.. not mafia. But I’m cazimi in the 5th, as if I’m aware of and protected from something

The cusp of his 10th house of work is exact on his MC, and the lord, Venus, is in his 12th house of secrets. A woman..? She *is* in his sign and between us... and about to come meet him in his 1st house. Because they’re in Sag I wonder if someone is flying here to meet him. But anyway some secret relating to work. Mars in his 10th in Libra squaring Saturn and Pluto in his 2nd, might show he’s having major money pressure.

I guess regarding mafia it might be ‘no’ but there’s something secret going on... and why am I illuminated and lucky.. because I’m retrograde and getting away from him and the secret? Can anyone offer any ideas?

No, i dont think so.he is a strong dignified jupiter so no. regarding your retrogradation, you are not leaving him..on the contrary you are about to conjunct this sun..though the question wasn't whether you'll meet again..so mayby this sun is unrelated to him..also venus i think describes you in this chart, as a woman ...your feelings are exalted now from taurus and moreover the proximity of sun to mercury, aside cazimi, doesn't help you to see clearly the whole situation ...and venus rules also your radix 12th fears, self undoing etc,4th, 5th and 6th...and venus is placed in 7th house(4 degrees from dc), not in his turned 12th.and venus as his turned 10th is not debilitated, but has dignity from term
Nevertheless, though you haven't asked about it i think, neither i know the background story here,i think that you'll communicate or meet each other again not only because of the conjunction but also moon tols saturn his 3rd to sun(also radix 3rd) through opposition..so it seems either way you'll have some contact ...but it won't be easy...with this opposition over there..so either you'll meet- communicate to separate thereafter or there will be regret..and keep in mind that though mercury is cazimi and the king loves him, still sun in venus detriment and moon's fall, while jupiter in mercury's detriment.

to sum up no he is not implicated to mafia

ElenaJ

Careful about trying to answer unrelated questions using the same chart.
Mafia connections would be indicated by mars, pluto and pallas.
Can you post the chart with Pallas inserted?

AJ Astrology

Hi ElenaJ,

Before introducing irrelevant celestial bodies, you'll probably want to pin down the correct house to answer the question.

First off, I put him as Lord of 7th, is that still ok?

Hi lux111,

I do not believe so.

Umar would tell you to use H4, because you have a suspicion or matter that you want to know would be true or not.

If your suspicions are based on a rumor, then H5 might be the appropriate house.

H8 can be used for fear.

Another possibility is his H10 dealing with honor. Is he an honorable man? His H10 is your H4.

You might want to pose a question in the Horary Technique section to help determine which house is appropriate for your question, especially since the house will also determine the correct significator for your question.

kalinka

As Elena said Pluto, Scorpio and the 8th house are related to the mafia. His 10th house ruler is venus. His 8th house ruler Moon in his 5th house ruled by venus. Perhaps he gets money due to 5th house activities. Venus is placed in his 12th house of secrets and is also your 12th house ruler. Mars is placed in his 10th and aspects Jupiter by sextile. Mars is his 12th house (scorpio) and 4th and 5th house ruler, too. Mars and Jupiter in mutual mixed receptions. Pluto in his second house maybe indicates criminal activities with money. I would say he has connections...

Last edited:

Aria Venue

As Elena said Pluto, Scorpio and the 8th house are related to the mafia. His 10th house ruler is venus. Venus is placed in his 12th and is also your 12th house ruler. Mars is placed in his 10th and aspects Jupiter by sextile. Mars is his 12th house (scorpio) and 4th house ruler, too. Mars and Jupiter in mutual mixed receptions. Pluto in his second house maybe indicates criminal activities with money. I would say he has connections...

my dear kalinka
how is venus placed in his turned 12th since venus= 12.02 sag and dc is 16.12 sag?A planet at the end of a house, within 5 degrees of a cusp of the next house, is considered to be in that (next) house. But only if the planet and the cusp are in the same sign!!!!so venus is considered in the 7th house (5 degrees rule) and also accidentally strengthened, since angular.Moreover venus here has essential dignity from term...and the man=jupiter is angular and a very strong dignified Jupiter!!!!! the word dignified says everything i think!!!even his turned l2 is a strong dignified saturn!!!!

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Both mars and pluto are significators of the mafia, as well as the 8th house, where pluto is located in the chart.
He is your -ex, and the person you are asking about, so he is the 7th and Jupiter. Jupiter here and strong by sign would signify he is basically an honest person, although that might sound like a contradiction.
He closely aspects both mars and pluto, and only these planets.
The MH is ruled by mars, and exactly conjunct Chiron. Pallas is at 1 sagittarius, located in the 6th of work in the chart, his 12th, and exactly trine Chiron/MH.
So, yes, it looks like he does have connections.
You write you have cause to believe this, not sure what type, how violent your experience is. You also don't mention in what area of Italy, but keep in mind there actually does exist what the locals refer to as the "good" mafia and the "bad" mafia. Which is not to say the mafia is good, and I am not condoning it, but they are not all involved in drugs/murder/extortion/violence, he could be part of this type of organisation. Mars in libra is weakened, and rules the MH which makes me suspect this might be the situation with him.
Why are you cazimi? Probably because you backed out (retrograde) of the relationship. When mercury goes direct you may be tempted to return, aspecting Jupiter again.

kalinka

my dear kalinka
how is venus placed in his turned 12th since venus= 12.02 sag and dc is 16.12 sag?A planet at the end of a house, within 5 degrees of a cusp of the next house, is considered to be in that (next) house. But only if the planet and the cusp are in the same sign!!!!so venus is considered in the 7th house (5 degrees rule) and also accidentally strengthened, since angular.Moreover venus here has essential dignity from term...and the man=jupiter is angular and a very strong dignified Jupiter!!!!! the word dignified says everything i think!!!even his turned l2 is a strong dignified saturn!!!!

Yes Jupiter is strong, which tells us what? That he is a honest man. However this wasn't her question if he is lying to her. Only because someone is connected to the mafia it must not mean that he doesn't like what he is doing or is all through a bad guy. His second house lord Saturn is essential strong but in sextile with neptune. Never said that he doesn't earn his money honestly, nevertheless there is a connection with pluto and neptune. Even if venus is in his first house, then that indicates venus is an important priority for him.

Last edited:

Aria Venue

Yes Jupiter is strong, which tells us what? That he is a honest man? However this wasn't her question if he is lying to her. Only because someone is connected to the mafia it must not mean that he doesn't like what he is doing or is all through a bad guy. His second house lord Saturn is essential strong but in sextile with neptune. Never said that he doesn't earn his money honestly, nevertheless there is a connection with pluto and neptune. Even if venus is in his first house, then that indicates venus is an important priority for him.

there is no connection with pluto, neptune, chiron or whatever you may read in this chart...neptune and pluto are neither in prominent places for example in dc, and moreover outer planets are used only as fixed stars in horary...i will not open a discussion about chiron's place in horary because that would have been at least irresponsible of me ...and yes being dignified doesnt mean he is only honest but whatever the word dignified means...and jupiter and venus are regarded traditionally also as benefics.So i dont see the connection here with what you are saying.

kalinka

and that's your interpretation of the chart, I have mine and I'm using outer planets. And even if we are ignoring these planets, there is still mars in sextile with Jupiter. We want to see aspects not only dignities or receptions to find a connection.

Last edited:

Aria Venue

the querent has suspicions whether her ex is implicated to mob or illegal partnerships business.in other words, she wonders whether his business activities are ethical or illegal

If someone asks: "Is this business ethical?" - and the business is for example a moon in Scorpio, then we know it's not ethical....why????? cause simply this business in her fall..that's the actual meaning of dignities, debilities, essential or accidental.

If someone asks "Is this a good business?" - in the sense of "is it profitable?" - and the business again is Moon in Scorpio, then we know that it's not profitable....etc

so if you want to persuade the querent that his ex is the new "lucky luciano", through these unrelated pluto, neptune , chiron or else, then go for it.

kalinka

I know how dignities work. You don't need to explain to me. However if you pay so much attention to dignities (I do it, too) why you don't take a look at his 10th or 6th house, which is ruled by venus. Venus is peregrine and receives Jupiter by domicile and triplicity. He is doing well with that business. The meaning of a peregrine planet I certainly do not have to explain to you. Seems you are knowing everything better. Venus and mercury in mutual bad reception by detriment - indicates for me that she doesn't like what he's doing since she will discover the truth.

JUPITERASC

and that's your interpretation of the chart, I have mine and I'm using outer planets.

And even if we are ignoring these planets, there is still mars in sextile with Jupiter.
We want to see aspects not only dignities or receptions to find a connection.
Outer planets have no consensus on dignity
modernist astrologers are unable to agree
also
outer planets move too slowly for horary :smile:
Moon is fastest moving planet, therefore of great importance in horary

JUPITERASC

How many known asteroids are there? :smile:
The majority of known asteroids orbit within the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter
generally with not very elongated orbits.
The belt is estimated to contain between 1.1 and 1.9 MILLION asteroids
larger than 1 kilometer (0.6 mile) in diameter
and MILLIONS of smaller ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=xJsUDcSc6hE&feature=emb_logo

Aria Venue

I know how dignities work. You don't need to explain to me. However if you pay so much attention to dignities (I do it, too) why you don't take a look at his 10th or 6th house, which is ruled by venus. Venus is peregrine and receives Jupiter by domicile and triplicity. He is doing well with that business. The meaning of a peregrine planet I certainly do not have to explain to you. Seems you are knowing everything better. Venus and mercury in mutual bad reception by detriment - indicates for me that she doesn't like what he's doing since she will discover the truth.

venus=12*02 sag has dignity from term, so we don't call her peregrine!!!!...so perhaps you are referring to a different chart...but for sure not this one...:smile:
6th house also has nothing to do with job!!!!a job or a career is always a 10th house issue!!!! traditionally speaking !!!!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

As Elena said Pluto, Scorpio and the 8th house are related to the mafia.
recent scientific opinion finds that dwarf planet pluto may in fact be a comet :smile:
and there is certainly no consensus amongst astrologers regarding outers and horary
in fact AJ already highlighted that issue
Hi ElenaJ,

Before introducing irrelevant celestial bodies,

you'll probably want to pin down the correct house to answer the question.

quite

kalinka

Yes she's peregrine and in mercury's term. About the analysis, I Never said that I'm right and you are wrong or the other way. That's just my way to judge that chart and I'm using modern planets for additional informations. They are of course not decisive. Yes, and I have already noticed that you are a traditional. I've also started traditional and then get better experiences with the modern way. So we don't have to argue what's better or not or right or wrong.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

His 10th house ruler is venus. His 8th house ruler Moon in his 5th house ruled by venus. Perhaps he gets money due to 5th house activities. Venus is placed in his 12th house of secrets and is also your 12th house ruler. Mars is placed in his 10th and aspects Jupiter by sextile. Mars is his 12th house (scorpio) and 4th and 5th house ruler, too. Mars and Jupiter in mutual mixed receptions.

Pluto in his second house maybe indicates criminal activities with money.
I would say he has connections...
Traditionally, I believe it would be the co-ruler of Scorpio.

We Moderners consider it the co-ruler of Mars a lot of times.
Yes she's peregrine and in mercury's term.

About the analysis, I Never said that I'm right and you are wrong or the other way.

That's just my way to judge that chart
and I'm using modern planets for additional informations.

They are of course not decisive.
Traditionally the outers are completely irrelevant :smile:

To explain further, there are a few philosophical issues that arise when using the outer planets. It's true that many more classically oriented astrologers use them, but they tend to regard them as fainter fixed stars, so their importance and abilities tend to be scaled back or ignored unless they are on an angle or conjunct some important planet.

Dirius is correct in noting that the fact the outers carry no visible light is a major detriment to their inclusion into the classical framework. Astrology evolved alongside ancient optical theories and these theories still permeate astrological discourse to this day. Planets in aspect are said to "see" or "regard" one another and their light is often considered a transmitter of their influence.

The word "planet" originally evolved from the Greek "planetes aster", or "wandering star" and referred to the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Mars, and Saturn whose motion could be detected against the backdrop of fixed stars that are stable in their relative distance from one another, but all move together as one large group. Today we have redefined what a planet is to serve our own categorical needs. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's important to remember that we, as astrologers, have organizational needs that are different from those of astronomy.

Another issue with the outer planets in general is that they lack much of the tools that the classical planets have. This isn't just referring to dignities (though that is a large part of it), but they also lack nature, sect, gender, years, winds, orbs, signatures, etc. This may all seem superfluous or unnecessary, but its significance really cannot be overstated. Without these associations, the outer planets are essentially blank orbs without instruction or meaning.

Finally, there is the issue with the meanings contemporary astrologers have given to them.

Mostly they

either 1) don't make sense within their own context

or 2) are already taken by another planet.

About the first, a lot of the meanings of the planets have been assigned to them based on mythological interpretations or perceived mundane events happening around the time of their discovery. A lot of the mythological meanings are cherry picked and often nonsensical, like Uranus ruling rebellion, but in the myth Ouranos is the tyrannical dictator, not the freedom fighter. The mundane events are definitely cherry picked as there are many important events happening around the world at any given time. Pluto was discovered in 1930 and has taken on an association with nuclear force, but when I hear 1930s I think Great Depression and I've never heard anyone associate Pluto with financial ruination.About the second,

each of the outer planets have significations that are

more or less plucked from the classical planets.

Uranus's reported instability and recklessness can be found in Mercury and Mars.

Neptune's illusions and mysticism can be found in the Moon.

Pluto's transformation and general heavy-handedness are the domains of Mercury and Saturn.

Not only does this create strange, cross-breed planets, but it makes the classical planets into flat characters when their meanings and significations are much more multifaceted in the tradition.

MODERN ASTROLOGY DIGNITIES AND DEBILITIES :smile:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67385
Yes Paul correctly understood my perspective:

no, I do NOT consider Neptune, Uranus or Pluto to be dispositors ("rulers") of any sign
-but yes I do consider them to be affinitive to certain signs and dissonant with other signs:

for me, if X planet is in, say, Aquarius, then I consider SATURN to be dispositor of that planet,
PLUS I consider Uranus to have a relationship to that planet as well
(because of the affinity of Uranus with Aquarius),
but NOT at the same level (the level of dispositorship) that Saturn has.
Oh, I just figured since they didn't reflect light...
which I'm sure that Pluto does
but we just can't see it from here.
The following quote has bolded comments
with reference to reflection of light
:smile:

source: ASTROLOGY AS SCIENCE http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65450&highlight=science

There are Sumerian texts from 7,000 years ago (circa 5,000 BCE) that talk about Planets ensnaring things in their "nets" and casting light and casting rays.

What does that mean? It means they were infinitely more intelligent than we are....this is the 21st Century, you have public education systems in nearly every State on Earth, and yet the vast majority of people don't even know that the formula for the Force of Gravity is...

F(g) = M1 * M2 / d^2

How would you explain Gravity to a child that is 4 years old?

"You know how you dip your net into the water to catch goldfish or tadpoles?"

"Yeah."

"Well, Gravity is just like your net, only you can't see Gravity."

It isn't until the late 1950s that our so-called "advanced civilization" figures out there really is a "net" and they call that "net" a "Gravity-well."

And so for science fiction shows for the next 20 years or so -- like the Original Star Trek -- you hear them saying things like: "Captain, we're going to get caught in the Planet's Gravity-well."

If you get stuck in Earth's Gravity-well, you need to be moving at a speed of 17,500 Miles Per Hour to escape the net...and no, I don't know what that is in Kilometers Per Hour (and don't care).

In the Arabic, Farsi, and Latin texts, you see the phrase "[Saturn]...hurling its rays at...."

That's real....it really happens....and that is science.

In reality, the Sun is the only celestial body that actually casts light;

the Moon and Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn reflect light...

....that's why we can see them.

Light is electromagnetic radiation.

In the middle of the electromagnetic radiation band are the colors....to the right of the blues, you have violet, then ultra-violet (UV), then X-Rays, then Gamma Rays.

To the left of the electromagnetic radiation spectrum, you have your yellows, oranges, reds and then infrared (IR), microwaves, radar, VHF/UHF, short wave radio, AM and FM radio bands.

Your eyes have evolved to allow you to see select frequencies in the electromagnetic radiation spectrum which are the colors.

An object absorbs frequencies of electromagnetic radiation, but reflects certain frequencies back at you, and that is what you are seeing....the reflected frequencies -- the color --- the specific wavelengths in the electromagnetic radiation band.

Asteroids do not reflect light,
therefore, logically, rationally, scientifically,
asteroids have no impact or affect on you.
Likewise, the Outer Planets -- Uranus, Neptune and Pluto do not reflect light,
and they have no affect on you individually
and there is no possible way using math or science to justify that they do.

In addition to reflecting light, the Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn also hurl rays
(although the Sun really does cast Ultra-Violet Rays, X-Rays and Gamma Rays).

Space is not "empty."
Space is filled with particles -- electromagnetic radiation -- from the Sun.

As the Planets move through Space, their mass, their orbital velocity (speed)
and their exact chemical/elemental make-up
creates something called the magnetosphere.

The magnetosphere reflects (some but not all) electromagnetic radiation away from it.

The magnetosphere on each of the Planets is "tuned"
to attenuate certain frequencies in the electromagnetic radiation spectrum.
The Earth's magnetosphere does a great job of screening out Gamma rays,
a decent job of screening out X-Rays,
a mediocre job of screening out UV rays
and then a really bad job of screening out everything from the colors through microwave, radar and the radio bands.

But, then....we already knew that, didn't we?

If the Earth's magnetosphere filtered out electromagnet frequencies in the color band,
then we wouldn't see anything outside of Earth,
and if it screened out frequencies in the radio band,
we would not be able to communicate with our satellites and probes.

Anyway, the magnetospheres of the Planets reflect certain frequencies at certain rates to Earth....

...and that is scientific fact, not speculation.

Since the advent of radio in the early 20th Century,
it has been known that radio are affected by other forms of electromagnetic radiation.
The primary cause is ionized particles in the Earth's stratosphere and mesosphere.
The region in the stratosphere and mesosphere that is heavily ionized is known as the "ionosphere."

These ionized particles severely degrade the performance of microwave, radar, VHF, UHF, Short Wave and AM radio signals,
and diminish the performance of FM radio signals.

This degrading of performance caused a lot of angst in the US Army, Air Force and Navy,
and also with companies involved in radio communications, like Motorola.

It was noted that certain alignments of Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn
could either neutralize the effects of the ionosphere, or amplify the effects.
Scientific studies, published in peer-reviewed scientific and engineering journals
showed that Planets in sextile marginally improve radio performance;
in trine they strongly improve performance;
in square they strongly hamper performance,
and in opposition they severely impede performance;
and that Planets in conjunction could harm or help.

What is the Doctrine of Aspects in Traditional Astrology?

Sextiles indicate weak friendship
Trines show strong friendship
Squares show enmity
Oppositions conflict
Conjunctions can be helpful or harmful

Well, there you go....scientific proof that people knew more about the world around them 7,000 years ago than they do now.

Anyway, asteroids do not have sufficient mass and/or speed to generate magnetopheres,
which is the other reason we ignore them,
and while Uranus and Pluto generate magnetospheres
(no verification yet on whether Pluto does),
they are nothing like the size of magnetospheres of Jupiter and Saturn,
and their vast distance from Earth precludes the possibility that the Outer Planets can affect individuals...

...F(g) = M1 * M2 / d^2

Good luck with that.

.....So, there you go.

JUPITERASC

Yes she's peregrine and in mercury's term.
not according to the very clear DIGNITIES TABLE posted below

About the analysis, I Never said that I'm right and you are wrong
or the other way. That's just my way to judge that chart
and I'm using modern planets for additional informations.
They are of course not decisive.
if as you yourself have clearly stated
"they are not decisiv"e then no need to use outers
venus=12*02 sag has dignity from term, so
we don't call her peregrine!!!!...
Exactly
so perhaps you are referring to a different chart
...but for sure not this one...:smile:
6th house also has nothing to do with job!!!!
a job or a career is always a 10th house issue!!!!
traditionally speaking !!!!

essential_dignities_table.jpg

Aria Venue

Yes she's peregrine and in mercury's term. About the analysis, I Never said that I'm right and you are wrong or the other way. That's just my way to judge that chart and I'm using modern planets for additional informations. They are of course not decisive.

The numbers in Ptolemy’s table showing the terms are ordinal . So, the first term of sag is ruled by Jupiter, and spans 8 degrees. The next term is that of Venus, and begins at 8*00’. The next term is that of mercury, and begins at 14*00’.And so on.

so venus has dignity by term in this chart.in order to be peregrine venus should have been for example :14*01 sag

Last edited: