Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Gemini888

I don’t think that means you’re horrible at doing horary for yourself. It just gives you information about the nature of questions you are able to ask in such a way that the chart can be radical. It’s good information to have about the scope of the tool. Tarot is more forgiving, but I also find the cards to lie. Or, rather, I can make them give me the desired answer when it isn’t true. Confession under duress.

Anyway it’s annoying to not have a reliable tool because of course you want guidance when your emotional mind is cloudy or when things seem uncertain.
These days I mostly do reading with my TdM. I like it because it has the most neutral images out of all decks I have, so it doesn't do too much pampering or too much negativity. But after hearing about how the cards can lie I think I have to reevaluate my decks :bandit:

conspiracy theorist

@G8

I remember you asked me about how you could be so reserved despite having an Aries Rising + Moon, and if it had to do with it's progressions into Taurus. I think there are a couple of explanations. The one I want to focus on is the fact of your chart being a night chart, which according to sect theory means that there is a temperance of more aggressive energies as a result of the cooling of the night. This also means that the coldness increases naturally "cool" energies too, like the Moon and Venus, and makes Saturn more frigid and intemperate.

You could go through some of the placements of planets in signs and compare the differences of them compared to them being in day vs. night charts.
http://www.zodiac-x-files.com/signs/aries-moon.html

Then, it's a Virgo Mars that rules your ascendant, which will increase strategic action and decrease wanton recklessness and acting out, all the more so when it's cooled by the night. It's said to be a good placement for military strategists as a result.

Ukpoohbear

Have you finished any of them? I was given an International Version Bible by a girl who wanted to convince me to adopt Christian. I was only able to read all the versions of the same story about Jesus and I was done, the story about the other prophets just bored me out. But that experience was very Gemini Mercury to me. I learned a lot about the basic structure of the Bible and I can see where all the Bible reference comes from.

I take it your family isn’t religious?

I grew up with it and have a basic idea of the ‘Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.’ I remember I used to go to bible camp study and I was one of the youngest there, about 8 years old I would read out a verse from Genesis about cows and sheep and all the young people would groan because they heard it the night before and night before that lol

I’ve never read it like I would a book and deliberately sit down with it but the last time I used the bible was about 3/4 years ago during a particularly difficult night of soul searching and asked god for guidance and opened up the book to where I was drawn to, and it ended up being quite a famous passage that is good for soul-searching (can’t remember what t is off the top of my head).

Next time I use the bible it will be the same scenario. I believe in God, but I think religion is just a path you can choose but you can get there without it. I don’t think Christianity has the authority on it.

God to me is pure consciousness, what cane before the Big Bang and we are all derived from that.

Ukpoohbear

Thank you, uk! Repent and stop worshiping planetary spirits. A Catholic monk, Nicholas Coppernicus, have been exposing them many thousand years ago.

I don’t worship planetary spirits :lol: but I do believe that archetypes can be connected with. I connected with Lilith one sleepless night before I had an experience of being completely present for like 28 hours (which I refer to as Satori).

Lilith is an amazing goddess. She’s been continually used and abused and is great for any people who can relate to being a misfit but especially women who have experienced being condemned. It makes you stronger and wiser. Her energy is powerful but wise, understanding. There’s no innocence because it was taken away from her. But she’s there if anyone else feels abandoned or scapegoated.

Last edited:

Gemini888

@G8

I remember you asked me about how you could be so reserved despite having an Aries Rising + Moon, and if it had to do with it's progressions into Taurus. I think there are a couple of explanations. The one I want to focus on is the fact of your chart being a night chart, which according to sect theory means that there is a temperance of more aggressive energies as a result of the cooling of the night. This also means that the coldness increases naturally "cool" energies too, like the Moon and Venus, and makes Saturn more frigid and intemperate.

You could go through some of the placements of planets in signs and compare the differences of them compared to them being in day vs. night charts.
http://www.zodiac-x-files.com/signs/aries-moon.html

Then, it's a Virgo Mars that rules your ascendant, which will increase strategic action and decrease wanton recklessness and acting out, all the more so when it's cooled by the night. It's said to be a good placement for military strategists as a result.
Hey, that's a cool website. For once a website that doesn't fall into the pop astrology **** rambling. I have bookmarked it.

Oh, and I have been wondering this for some time now, but when did the father/mother indicators swap place between the 10H/4H? I can understand how modern changes a lot of trad's original significators, but that one just seems out of nowhere.

Gemini888

I take it your family isn’t religious?

I grew up with it and have a basic idea of the ‘Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.’ I remember I used to go to bible camp study and I was one of the youngest there, about 8 years old I would read out a verse from Genesis about cows and sheep and all the young people would groan because they heard it the night before and night before that lol

I’ve never read it like I would a book and deliberately sit down with it but the last time I used the bible was about 3/4 years ago during a particularly difficult night of soul searching and asked god for guidance and opened up the book to where I was drawn to, and it ended up being quite a famous passage that is good for soul-searching (can’t remember what t is off the top of my head).

Next time I use the bible it will be the same scenario. I believe in God, but I think religion is just a path you can choose but you can get there without it. I don’t think Christianity has the authority on it.

God to me is pure consciousness, what cane before the Big Bang and we are all derived from that.
No, my family has never been religious, and the day I adopted Camus's belief was the day of no return for my religious belief. I respect everyone's religion though and I have zero intention to argue against your faith in God. I have seen a lot of people claiming to be "saved" by God, some of some are even my friends, so I guess they are onto something. If God works for you then I hope he will continues to help you for a long time :wink:

Ukpoohbear

No, my family has never been religious, and the day I adopted Camus's belief was the day of no return for my religious belief. I respect everyone's religion though and I have zero intention to argue against your faith in God. I have seen a lot of people claiming to be "saved" by God, some of some are even my friends, so I guess they are onto something. If God works for you then I hope he will continues to help you for a long time :wink:

I don’t believe in the Christian God, so I wouldn’t argue that side anyway but I believe in a god. I don’t identify with any religion but take what I can from any sieve that I think has some truth to it.

‘All roads lead to Rome.’

My Gran said, ‘never talk about religion or politics.’ :lol:

Gemini888

Have any of you seen the "Psychology Horoscope" on Astro.com? Basically you draw your chart and that will be a report of your overall personality, done in a rather psychoanalysis fashion. I've seen a bit of the preview and they don't mention any placements to back up their claim. I don't know if the full report have them or not, but I'm not so impressed by the preview. Plus, I have to pay $65 something for a PDF file, and I'm not paying for something I could have done research on myself.

Ukpoohbear

How is the work UK? You said somewhere you're quite stressed out.

Well I quit my job just as I was successful for the interview and then the manager went on holiday for 4 weeks and phoned me and said my previous job wouldn’t give me a reference, so she said without a reference I can’t start the job. I need 1 more and my 3rd previous job was 4 years ago which she said is too late, so I basically don’t have any job lined up now and I’ve been super stressed about that..

So I’m currently going through a stressful time. Need a **** job. And need to stop giving people chances when they prove themselves wrong the first time around.

Last edited:

Gemini888

What’s Camus belief btw? Haven’t heard of that.
Albert Camus. I believe I talked about this a long time ago. So Camus proposed the idea of "absurdism", meaning everything in this world just happens for no reason, and the meaning of the world is just a human's invention. So the best thing you can do is to go create your own meaning, anything you see fit. You are not bounded to any limiting definition of belief, the world is as good as you make it out to be.

Ukpoohbear

Albert Camus. I believe I talked about this a long time ago. So Camus proposed the idea of "absurdism", meaning everything in this world just happens for no reason, and the meaning of the world is just a human's invention. So the best thing you can do is to go create your own meaning, anything you see fit. You are not bounded to any limiting definition of belief, the world is as good as you make it out to be.

Yeah I agree with basically that. I think the Ancient Egyptians believed in chaos, hence ‘chaos magic’ because they believed chaos was evil and caused trouble.

I basically believe religion is man-made too but it can contain wisdom because some of the people in it were genuinely spiritual.

Gemini888

Well I quit my job just as I was successful for the interview and then the manager went on holiday for 4 weeks and phoned me and said my previous job wouldn’t give me a reference, so she said without a reference I can’t start the job. I need 1 more and my 3rd previous job was 4 years ago which she said is too late, so I basically don’t have any job lined up now and I’ve been super stressed about that..

So I’m currently going through a stressful time. Need a **** job. And need to stop giving people chances when they prove themselves wrong the first time around.
So sorry about the job :sad: Is there any more option you can look into?

Ukpoohbear

So sorry about the job :sad: Is there any more option you can look into?

She said it’s a no but she’s going to speak to Human Resources and see if she can still get me in but to consider it a no.

I’m disappointed in the job but it’s more stressful because time is money and the fact I had to wait so many weeks to find out. I’m just going to look for another job, it’s no big deal now I know what’s going on.

Gemini888

She said it’s a no but she’s going to speak to Human Resources and see if she can still get me in but to consider it a no.

I’m disappointed in the job but it’s more stressful because time is money and the fact I had to wait so many weeks to find out. I’m just going to look for another job, it’s no big deal now I know what’s going on.
Yeah, I do hope you will find another job. And it was just because your old boss made a mistake! I could suggest you ask a horary question but seeing that you're stressed right now the last thing you would want to hear is more bad news. I think you should take some time to calm down. Pray for the God you were talking about if you can. Or even ask for guidance from your Tarot. Just some things you can do to cope with all the disappointment.

On a brighter note, at least you still have some time to go to AW and chat with people :biggrin:

Gemini888

It’s a blessing to be able to study ancient wisdom without temporal and social binding - to be able to use it as binding. From what I know of the I Ching its principles are sort of saturnine, even the throwing of coins. Could be interesting to try now since my ideas of beauty are evolving and can incorporate what you’ve referred to as integrated Saturn.
I have heard about the I Ching before, but I haven't planned to look into it yet, simply because I can't find good resources to learn it.

Do you happen to have a strong Saturn in your chart? Or a strong Venus?

david starling

It could be a personal thing. You might not push them as hard as I do or get mad at them for just being cards. Kind of Iike using phone maps. If you look up and can see a particular route jammed in the horizon, and the map tells you to take that route instead of the off-map route you know to be better.. it’s not the map’s fault when you go that way anyway and sit in precisely the jam you saw coming.

Interesting analogy regarding I Ching, which was originally used by travelers to determine safe routes.