Oppositions and Reception

twistandshout

I've been revisiting the idea of Reception in charts and have been trying to dig around for the answer but seem to be struggling on finding some clarity.

In the situation in which the two significators are applying in opposition to one another, while they typically show separation or discord but I'm trying to see how reception impacts the events at hand.

Ex: In a day chart, the two significators are Saturn and The Moon (so Capricorn ASC and Cancer DSC). Moon is currently in Gemini, so Saturn is received via Triplicity by Moon. Saturn is in Sagittarius so Moon has no reception there outside of Term (which Saturn is currently placed in). What kind of interaction would this be seen as? Would matters still no longer be able to come to perfection or is this a Slightly Weird or Trickier type of thing?

In my experience an opposition pretty much always means separation, divorce, enmity, discord... receptions can mitigate how badly the parties feel and/or how bad the "fight" or separation is, but don't change the outcome. (I have seen 1 situation that did result in the parties coming together - only to end up with no contact and some pretty hurt feelings in the end.)

twistandshout

In my experience an opposition pretty much always means separation, divorce, enmity, discord... receptions can mitigate how badly the parties feel and/or how bad the "fight" or separation is, but don't change the outcome. (I have seen 1 situation that did result in the parties coming together - only to end up with no contact and some pretty hurt feelings in the end.)

Yeah! That's definitely been my experience as well though I feel like this was the first time I drew up a chart and any form of positive reception was actually present.

I guess this also poses another question regarding contact. Aspects usually show action and reception shows intent to follow through on said action. So in the context of a Yes or No question like Will I Move Here or Will I Actually See X at whatever, would this be a No or would this be a "... Yes but you'll not stay there long or you'll only see them in passing?"