Cat or Dog owners.

JayM

My theory is this. If venus is stronger for you then you are far more likely to have a cat (if you want a pet at all), but if mars is stronger then you would more likely have a dog!:tongue:

What do you think?

Neptune Rising

Interesting!

1st house Mars (accidentally dignified and angular) in Sagitarius
2nd house Venus (accidentally dignified and succadent) in Aquarius

well I do love dogs, I also love and respect cats, if I could have a pet out of those two though I'd rather have a dog, or both! :love:

StarReader

My theory is this. If venus is stronger for you then you are far more likely to have a cat (if you want a pet at all), but if mars is stronger then you would more likely have a dog!:tongue:

What do you think?

I think my Venus is stronger than Mars in my Natal chart. So, according to your theory i would gravitate towards cats. Yet, if i didn't have a pet and I was gonna get one, I would get a dog first before a cat.

However, at present, I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. :biggrin:

Bubbletree

My Venus and Mars are conjunct on the midheaven (with same number of aspects). I have 3 cats. My boyfriend and I rescued a mom and her babies when the babies were newborn. And we run a dog-walking business together. In the past, I've actually preferred dogs if I had to choose, although I love all animals. My b/f's venus is in Libra though and he says he was originally more of a dog person also. He had lots of dogs as pets as a kid, and many cats as pets in the past 10 years. I notice people do tend to think of dogs as masculine and cats as feminine.

BOOGY99

venus in libra in 2nd (unaspected)
mars in cancer in 10th (grand water trine)

love all animals, dogs and cats, but..... cats are my fav, i cant live without them rofl :happy:

catastrophe

I have venus in aquarius in my fourth house opposing jupiter in my tenth house
Whereas, mars is in taurus in eighth house, sextile to midheaven in cancer

This sort of makes sense, I've only had one dog in my lifetime (she is a Cancer surprisingly), and but never really considered myself a 'dog person'...
I've been told I am a cat person, however, I remember as a kid going to friends' houses and if they had a 'shy' cat, it would always come out and come up to me, even if it wouldn't for other people.

My first cat that I got to see be born, is a Tuxedo Tabby, she has Sun in Aries (March 22)
and my other cat, a marble bengal has sun in Taurus (May 4)

When I was choosing my second cat, I was actually basing my decision from each breeder, on asking the exact birth date of the kittens, so I could find a decent match for my hot-headed Aries cat. At the time of the year I was web-shopping, most of the litters were born Aquarius or Pisces, so I was getting a little bummed.
But I came along a breeders page and saw a cutie bengal with the racing stripe that marbles have, and turns out she was a Taurus... this made a very good match, because she's so level headed and doesn't get bothered by my first cat, who tends to be a priss some of the time and gets feisty really easily haha

JayM

catastrophe thats wierd I would think having a pisces cat would be a good thing, I definately understand getting a taurus cat though, but I have venus in aquarius and mars in pisces so I wouldn't think aqua cat or a pisces cat is a bad thing.

catastrophe

Well; as a match for an Aries cat...
I was mostly basing that off the fact that I've lived with a Pisces and an Aries at the same time... they never could level with anything :unsure:

smilingsteph

I have venus as my occidental ruler.

I have a cat.
Although cats have always seemed so pretty to me, they also are very dirty. Scouraging in the litter box, then when a back is turned they get on the counters, gross!

I really like dogs, my mars is in taurus...debilitated

Earth Sign

ROFL I've never heard of anyone choosing cats based on their Astrology sign. That is so weird :biggrin: My cats are all Leo (Except for the mother, who was a stray) because they are of the same litter, but I thought all cats were pretty much Leo personalities, lol. And my dad is a Leo and he loves cats more than anyone I've ever seen, haha.

Also, I thought maybe Scorpio people might be dog people because they value loyalty so much. What do you think?

zaza

Banned
I have a moon conj. venus conj. chiron in my sixth house. I love all animals, but especially cats. I've taken in several sick strays over the years-must be the chiron (wounded healer) kicking in in my house of small animals. Isn't astrology amazing.

freedomlover

What do you think?

I have Mars in Cap(ruling the 4th) conjuncting my Ascendant.. BUT I've been told ( I think I'm remembering this correctly) that My Venus in Cap in the 1st was something like the best placed planet I had or something - forget the term.

My family had dogs and no cats through my early years - up until about age 10 or so, when I got my first cat. I've been a definite cat person ever since. I don't dislike dogs, and actually have become very fond of a few, but they do not compare to cats for pets, as far as I'm concerned.

Kerrie

Cat person for most of my growing up years and a only a dog for my adult life (10 years). My Mars is in Pisces and my Venus in Capricorn.

freedomlover

No dude I don't like either of them. Nobody talks about the genocide committed by cats and dogs against members of the rodent community throughout history. I guess it's because we're not as cute as they are. Frankly, I don't think they're very nice people..

:biggrin::w00t::lol::tongue::cool:

Awwww.... Templeton.....if it makes you feel any better.... I have also had several pet rats in my life that I loved very much. :innocent:

Lunar Pisces

I'm a cat person. I like dogs, but I have had to have cats in my life since I was 4.

I have Venus in Gemini the 9th, afflicted: cj. Saturn, opp. Neptune and Jupiter. I am also a 10th house Gem Sun cj. Gem Merc, my chart ruler.

My Mars is in Aqua, in the 6th, cj. NN and part of the air grand tine with Merc and Uranus.

Don't know which you would consider stronger. Both Gem Venus and Aqua Mars are "wandering" placements.