Lupus In Astrology!

pudinnpop

Hey all ,its been a minute since ive been on here and been practicing astrology.Just curious what sign(s) and or planets could indicate lupus or autoimmune disease??

Oddity

I'd want to see the whole chart, because medical astrology is complicated. Duh.

Disclaimer out of the way - look at what's attacking the ascendant. That rules physical health, while health of the mind is more often revealed by the ascendant ruler.

Auto-immune often involves inflammatory disease, and Mars is your usual culprit there. For lupus, I'd throw in some Saturn for the arthriticky stuff, maybe Mercury as well for neurological. I want to say an afflicted moon, but I haven't done a lot of charts for lupus patients, and I don't have one in front of me.

The profection of the year the person became ill, or had a severe crisis from lupus can be telling - often ruled by a malefic, or a year when a malefic is handing over to another malefic.

ZoraEos

Disclaimer out of the way - look at what's attacking the ascendant. That rules physical health, while health of the mind is more often revealed by the ascendant ruler.

Auto-immune often involves inflammatory disease, and Mars is your usual culprit there. For lupus, I'd throw in some Saturn for the arthriticky stuff, maybe Mercury as well for neurological. I want to say an afflicted moon, but I haven't done a lot of charts for lupus patients, and I don't have one in front of me.

The profection of the year the person became ill, or had a severe crisis from lupus can be telling - often ruled by a malefic, or a year when a malefic is handing over to another malefic.

Hi, by what's attacking the Ascendent, do you mean what is making squares or oppositions to it? Or do you just mean any aspects with malefics Saturn and Mars?
I ask because I'm trying to figure out how to read my own chart for medical problems (Cap rising, Saturn in the 2nd).

I unfortunately do not have an answer about lupus. The only thing I can think of is - Which organ does lupus mainly deal with? Which organ is afflicted? Whichever sign or planet that rules that organ may have the answer to the question, I hypothesize, but I really do not know.

ZoraEos

From what I just read on https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13027

Pisces seems to rule immunity diseases. Therefore, I think that you may have an afflicted Neptune or 12th house, maybe in tough aspects with Saturn and/or Mars, is my main guess.

We were in touch ages ago in connection with this question, but I may know more now than I knew then. The main factor is not astrological in the sense of signs and planets, as shown by the fact - or general assumption on the basis of evidence - that lupus is more common among black Africans than among Asians and more common among Asians than among Caucasians. In other words, people are being born on all days at all latitudes so have similar radixes, but lupus is more common among ethnic groups adapted to life in the tropics, less common among groups adapted to life in the sub-tropics and least common among groups adapted to life at higher latitudes. Now, if it were common among black Africans and rare among everyone else, this might be due to a genetic quirk which has spread among black Africans but not among other groups, but the evidence of a gradient from the tropics to the poles suggests that it has to do with adaptation to climate and may be explained by assuming that greenery at the base of the foodchain is most abundant in the tropics and least abundant near the poles. Where it is abundant, there are more creatures, so the creatures are closer together, and infections spread more easily and become more virulent, so the immune system becomes more active as a counter-measure with the drawback that auto-immune ailments become more likely. In effect there is a trade-off between strong immunity and the risk of auto-immune ailments, so the bodies of white Europeans can risk having less immunity for the sake of avoiding lupus, Alzheimer's and so on. It has also been shown that our cells are able to gauge the amount of solar activity, of which a great amount is typical of a green age, and a slight amount of an ice age, so if the amount rises and climates all round the world become more tropical, immune systems become more active, and if the amount falls, they become less active. (I can refer you to the research at need.) The amount has been intermittently falling since 1957, so if relatives of yours are bothered by lupus, this may be good news for them. Is this the kind of information you were looking for?

AquaMoonChild

I have a rare blood autoimmune disease that often goes hand in hand with lupus. It causes blood to clot anywhere in the body. My rheumy thinks I have another connective tissue disease due to my immense pain we now know is due to inflammation.

Anyway, I have North node in aries in the 8th house which I feel strongly correlates to my illness since I suffered a stroke at 30 and several TIAs due to this disease. Aries is the head and the 8th is blood and hospitals. I'm hospitalized often. Not sure where the pain comes from. It's terrible nerve and joint pain and sometimes organ pain. Any organ and they almost feel like a really bad sunburn. My saturn is in sag in the 3rd house and Mars is cap in the 5th.

IleneK

Premium Member

Auto-immune often involves inflammatory disease, and Mars is your usual culprit there. For lupus, I'd throw in some Saturn for the arthriticky stuff, maybe Mercury as well for neurological.

Odd, I'm just reading this now, but I think you really hit it out of the part with this.

At least in this sample of one, yes, the health of the mind seems pretty good?!?, with angular elevated Merc in Gemini ruling the ascendant.

But tons of inflammatory and possible but not sure auto-immune for much of my life. I have Mars rising in the 12th, conjunct peregrine Moon, which in turn is conjunct Saturn in its detriment. So Mars, really uncomfortable Moon, [though not besieged] then Saturn in detriment.

Mars is widely conjunct the Asc, so it has not be what I would call debilitating, but certainly what I would call challenging, inflammation of tissue and bone.

Thank you for sharing your learning and experience.
Ilene

Last edited:

Ashkada

Oddity,
Yes, Mars. Mars rules my 6th. Currently have t. Saturn conjunct n.Mars and my Solar Arc Ascendant conjunct n. Mars. Skin cancer has come back. Using creme on face and it burns. So far so good. INFLAMMATORY. That t. Saturn is moving away from my Mars but only by 2 degrees. Oh, well it is also supposed to add perseverance. - Ash

There are many variations of Lupus, but I have learned the three main planets to check would be the Moon, Jupiter and Neptune. In fact, when researching or learning about any autoimmune disease, begin with the Moon and Neptune.
Moon governs any fluids within the body except for the blood; as well as, the mucous membranes
Jupiter governs the blood already flowing through the veins: as well as, the layer of fatty tissue under the skin
Neptune governs the development of white blood cells. Lupus usually has an over accumulation of white blood cells.
I usually keep an eye patterns that involve these planets when I'm enduring a flare- up.

Lauris_aa

This makes a lot of sense, Right now my AC is square Pluto, square mars, conjunct Jupiter and NN, opposing SN. I don't have a Lupus diagnosis, but ive had a lot of symptoms over the last few years that are adding up to it.

Thank you!