Recommended books for learning??

Laineydreamer21

Hi,

Relatively new to astrology, as in I'm discovering there's soooo much more to it! Any recommendations for books I can get that you think are really good/helpful? Thank you

Hi,

Relatively new to astrology, as in I'm discovering there's soooo much more to it! Any recommendations for books I can get that you think are really good/helpful? Thank you

The Complete Idiot's Guide seeries is a wonderfully well-organized way to get into any new subject. The CIG to Astrology is one I keep on-hand to introduce newbies to astrology, and I can honestly say it is hands-down one of the most well-written beginners courses I've seen yet. Any decent bookstore or new age shop is apt to have a copy on-hand, but if you run a Googling for "Edward R. Hamilton Bookseller Company" I think you'll find their prices are bargain-bin delicious, and their shipping fee is a flat $3.50, no matter how many books you order. Hope that helps. :)

Claire19

I recommend Jan SPiller's book on the Nodes as they are so important and often overlooked.

Linda Goodman's sun signs is good for a general overview.

Anything by Liz Greene I recommend.

erratic

Steven Forrest, The Inner Sky.

Robert Hand, Planets in Youth.

The Arroyo book is good, too.

Going to second the recommendation for The Inner Sky. I originally got it to laugh at astrology. And...now I'm posting on this forum looking into birth chart specifics. And I'm a hard person to convert.

Senecar

If you are into Horary Astrology,

Handbook of Horary Astrology by Karen Hamaker-Zondag

seems a great book for a beginner. Very clearly written.