non-astrological discussion of homosexuality

rogue_red

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
Rogue, your statistics made me sad. :(

They made me sad too Kai, I had to be very selective about which parts i posted as the full text is extremely disturbing. Heartbreaking even:(

*hugs for kai*

Gaer; thankyou for your compliments. My response was a 'humanitarian' move.;)

*hugs for gaer*

EternalAutumn; you are doing great, your eagerness to understand is commendable.

*hugs for EA*

AQ7; *hugs just because*:D

Lovingly

Rogue red

Astrologer4U

rogue_red said:
Astrologer4u,
With all due respect when you post in a thread questions posted are generally seen as being open to anyone to reply to so Gaer was quite within his right to reply, whether you want him too or not.

You are coming in on the tail end of a discusion and your conlusions about what I said to gaer are wrong. This is the reason why adults should let other adults speak for themsleves... I never said gaer could not reply, I said that he was replying without full knowledge because just like you, he came in on the tail end of the discussion, saw something I said and totally misconstrued what I said to fit what he already concluded about my part of the discussion/ arguement or what have you.

Astrologer4U

eternalautumn said:
Well, that sounds vaguely familiar to something I tried to suggest earlier in the thread's life. Namely that we should be looking at the whole spectrum of sexuality instead of focusing on homosexuality. But that is irrelevant.

At this point, I would have to agree...

Why? What is your logic for that?

Not that you are really wanted a response but the logic is this, people should be depending on themselves/critically thinking, instead of relying on every whim of a scientists word.

Below: You should have supplied the proof step by step if you really know what you are talking about. Your word is not the gospel. We don't have the luxury of quoting just so you can make things up about what someone else said and in the order for which they said. Everything I said is right here in this thread, it is not like you have to go retrieve my quotes from somewhere else.

Kai:

Quote:
You say that people should just accept the "born that way" argument, and that's cool, I think they should too, but then you go on to scrutinize people finding deeper.

A4U:

Quote:
I never said that at all, the arguement of going deeper came up when I said that even gays ridicule other gays for saying that being gay was a choice for them.

That would be your rearranged version of how things wen down. The above is not the order of how things came about....

In fact, A4U, if we go back a couple posts, after I said this:

Quote:
Believing that you are born gay does not mean that you know why you are gay.

You said this:

Quote:
The *reason* why you are gay (that's if you feel being gay is natural) should be because you are born that way, that should suffice.

That is when the argument of going deeper came up.

Before the above even occured, the conversation had already turned deep long ago. It all happen when sexual orientations were posted. The gay people contributing to this thread did not like being grouped in with pedophiles. Heterosexuals, was also in the group, but for obvious reasons, that part was over looked and the gay people in this thread wanted to feel as though they were being compared to pedophiles. At that point, I had to mention why I had even talked about pedophiles which you said your self you now understood my reason for doing.

E

eternalautumn

That would be your rearranged version of how things wen down. The above is not the order of how things came about....
Well, the order of how things went down is plainly viewable to everyone, so if I am wrong, I am wrong, and if you are wrong, you are wrong. There's no arguing it. I would never purposefully rearrange what you said to make you sound "bad", and if I did I sincerely apologize. But I believe that I did not.

Below: You should have supplied the proof step by step if you really know what you are talking about. Your word is not the gospel. We don't have the luxury of quoting just so you can make things up about what someone else said and in the order for which they said. Everything I said is right here in this thread, it is not like you have to go retrieve my quotes from somewhere else.
I don't know why you would accuse me of putting words in your mouth and changing the order of them. I have no reason to do that, and I personally am above that. If there was a mistake in the order (but not in what you said because I directly quoted you), it was a honest mistake and I apologize. Again.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand...

Not that you are really wanted a response but the logic is this, people should be depending on themselves/critically thinking, instead of relying on every whim of a scientists word.
[You are mistaken. I did want an honest response. Like I said, I'm trying to understand without assuming things. Even though you have agreed with this statement, you seem to be doing the opposite quite often. I think we can all be open in this thread; asking questions about someone's opinions doesn't have to be the same thing as criticizing them.]

You yourself mentioned something about it either being a conscious or subconscious choice. All the critical thinking in the world would not penetrate the subconscious, so how do you expect people to understand it? All we have for windows into the subconscious are dreams and such, and those aren't usually made up of easily decoded thoughts, reasons, and explanations. Also, I don't think many people, especially on this forum, are "relying on every whim of a scientist's word". There are some people who look to science for an excuse for them and their life, but I feel that that is a minority of the population. However, with the subject of homosexuality, there is very little conclusive information on the "why", and also the "how" (besides probably being somewhat genetic). I think that because there is so much information and so little of it is true, people try their best to find the most unbiased and logically "pure" theories, and science has offered up something for the people to eat; that it is likely that genetic composition affects an individual's sexuality, at most partially, at least minutely. There is no way "ordinary" people could apply critical thinking (taking an average person, middle class, etc.) and come up with the same results that scientists can find in a laboratory, through experimentation, etc.

Astrologer4U

eternalautumn said:
Well, the order of how things went down is plainly viewable to everyone, so if I am wrong, I am wrong, and if you are wrong, you are wrong. There's no arguing it. I would never purposefully rearrange what you said to make you sound "bad", and if I did I sincerely apologize. But I believe that I did notI don't know why you would accuse me of putting words in your mouth and changing the order of them. I have no reason to do that, and I personally am above that. If there was a mistake in the order (but not in what you said because I directly quoted you), it was a honest mistake and I apologize. Again.

Well, you did mess with the order of the conversation. The order in which you posted what Kai said and what I said afterwards him, was not correct and with your making such a mistake like that at a convienient time when I am being ambushed... LOL doesn't make you appear to have made that mistake by accident, but for some reason I believe that you had no ill intent so let's just drop it and move on...

[You are mistaken. I did want an honest response. Like I said, I'm trying to understand without assuming things. Even though you have agreed with this statement, you seem to be doing the opposite quite often. I think we can all be open in this thread; asking questions about someone's opinions doesn't have to be the same thing as criticizing them.]

Okay, we are moving on now as I said, everything I mistook you for doing in that instance was based on the ambush and I apologize for seeing you in particular light shortly after we had earlier came to an understanding. It's just that I have come to see that people around here pretend like they have moved so I think it is cool to move on until either an ambush occurs or something about me is said in another thread pertaining an old incident.

You yourself mentioned something about it either being a conscious or subconscious choice. All the critical thinking in the world would not penetrate the subconscious, so how do you expect people to understand it?

I don't expect people to understand it but if they don't understand, they should just simply say that. All the negative ego bouncing around is unecessary in a debate, if one can not handle the heat just get the heck out of the kitchen. I was serious about this discussion, I went and did my research and all. I could not find the statistics I mentioned because they were hearsay from this teen counselor that I know but I had asked him today where did he get his statistics from and he was the one who told me about the website where the 1 out of 5 is reported to be molested boys but he went on to say that he didn't have proof of a statistical number because lots of cases go un reported and the kids he meets are not monitored or cared for up into their adult age. Any way, I don't play around with this kind of stuff.

All we have for windows into the subconscious are dreams and such, and those aren't usually made up of easily decoded thoughts, reasons, and explanations. Also, I don't think many people, especially on this forum, are "relying on every whim of a scientist's word". There are some people who look to science for an excuse for them and their life, but I feel that that is a minority of the population. However, with the subject of homosexuality, there is very little conclusive information on the "why", and also the "how" (besides probably being somewhat genetic). I think that because there is so much information and so little of it is true, people try their best to find the most unbiased and logically "pure" theories, and science has offered up something for the people to eat; that it is likely that genetic composition affects an individual's sexuality, at most partially, at least minutely. There is no way "ordinary" people could apply critical thinking (taking an average person, middle class, etc.) and come up with the same results that scientists can find in a laboratory, through experimentation, etc.

The above is correct and true... You are right and that is only fair to say.