Solar Return emphasis on 3rd House.

bittermoon

Just like many of you here, I find it more difficult to interpret my own charts than somebody elses. I usually have my Solar Return chart done by an experienced astrologer back home. However, I've spent the last 6 months on the other side of the world and it looks like I will be here for another 3 to 6 months so the original SR chart is completely different (with an emphasis on 9th house issues; interesting).

So now I'm left with a chart where my natal 1st house is brought to the SR ASC, which I prefer over the 8th house for my natal location. However, I cannot really get my head around having my Sun, Moon, Venus and Mercury all in the 3rd house. It's a house I've never really taken too much notice of.

So what does this mean? It would most probably indicate a very busy year. Lots of short trips, communication, perhaps a bit chaotic? Not quite the quiet, behind the scenes year I was actually looking forward to.

I don't see any love and/or romance in this chart. Fair enough, if it meant I would concentrate on my career... but with Neptune in the 10th... hmmm... I am a creative, so this might help, but it might also dissolve my career? I like to look at the positive side of things but it's a bit unsettling.

Any input or different kinds of views are very much appreciated.

Attachments

• SR_2011.jpg
    SR_2011.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 55

gemini59

I think it is wise now to look at your active progressions. Then the solar and then the transits to have the solar be a good predicitive tool.

I would almost say your 2nd is rising just because the solar cusp lies closer to to the 2nd than the 1st being such a large house. Thus 2/8 axis is emphasized. You would look at what is in the 2/8th where the ruler are and the aspects it makes to help you understand the focus.
The second solar house ruler mars is in the 2nd putting energy there.

Mars forms some positive aspects accept Neptune/chiron. Neptune rules the 11th and is close to the cusp of the 11th. I might look at both alittle. But the message is clear. Beware of deception particularly in monetary investments from friends/authority.

Your sun in the third does complete a grand square of Uranus (ruler of 10th) on the 12th cusp of self-undoing, opposed by Pluto in the 9th (legal issues?) ruler of 8th loans, resources, and death..and Saturn in the 6th ruler of 9th again.

I have found in my own charts that it is more the house ruler ship not where the planet is that tells me the tale. So I might say the sun (father, ego, health) is challenged by the 8th, 9th and 10th ruler. we can tell from the planet what type of energy it is so eruptive 8th house issues from unexpected authority and emerging (since capricorn is intercepted) legal constraints. Or the other way around.

I have been trying to move houses to understand what is happening around my family also as a solar can help us understand this. So if you have worries about your mate use the 7th, children use the 5th, parents etc.

Moon has special emphasis in solar return chart. It is in the third in cancer. It is conjoined with mercury giving communication a double notation. Thus emotional fluctations and communication supports or flows to unexpected authority, parents, etc.

Again, I would note your active progression and make special note of recurring themes as well as repeat themes from your natal as jupiter and neptune are conjunct in your natal. In the solar return they are in a harmonious relationship. A lot depends on the natal energy. Jupiter and neptune one is Sagittarius and one in scorpio leads me to believe you have a heavy, intense philosophical interest or even religion leanings. Don't know. But they are together here in this solar return as the 9th house ruler (long distance travel) in your first sextiling the neptune 11th house relationship with chiron, the healer in the mix.

Hope this helps.

bittermoon

Thanks so much for your detailed reply. I am currently on the road traveling and do not have a good stable connection at all times. Will definitely research progressions, too when I'm back in a city.

Caro

Just wondered did you run the chart as if you were living abroad(ie Paris) or did you just use the natal location?

bittermoon

My first chart I ran as if I were living 'back home', which is very close to where I was born. The chart I posted is the location where I actually was when the return happened: Christchurch, New Zealand.