Stellium in 12th house! (5 planets)

Thanks for stopping by. :smile:
I'd like to hear what you have to say about the stellium in my natal chart. No limitations in this thread. If anything else stands out to in my natal chart, please share. Open to all opinions.

natalul.png

:neptune: http://iliveinthetwelfthhouse.tumblr.com/ :neptune:

Last edited:

aglaya

There is no strellium in chart. A stellium is at least three planets in same SIGN within 10-12 degrees.

Ah, yes, only there are so many different explanations.It's too late and, searching for quotes would take too much time :), but, I do remember seeing at least 4 different explanations of "stellium". Namely:

1) (as you already mentioned) some authorities say that the planets need to be placed in the same sign then,

2) all planets need to be inside the same sign and/or house and, finally,

3) all planets need to be located in the sector of 30 degrees

4) all planets involved in a stelium (regardless of what has been mentioned above) need to be in a conjunction (not more than 5 degrees away from each other).

To this I may add that I have also fund explanations saying that a stellium must have a minimum of 4 planets although I wander if this was just a typo.
Finally, some traditional astrologers would exclude the outer planets.

What you mention could have a lot to do with 1) and 4) . If the astrologer does not use across the sign aspects and wants to see all the planets in a conjunction then insisting on the same sign makes sense although, even if we did have 4 planets each conjunct another planet, we could still assume that not all planets are within the orb of multiple conjunction.

Personally, I'm fine with all of the above. :) I don't see a huge importance in determining what a stellium is. If I see many planets inside the same sign,to me, that only means that the influence of that sign is strong in the chart but, how this influence will manifest in reality will depend on the combination of the energies and the dignities of the planets found in that sign.
Furthermore, if I see a crowdy house, then I examine it as the focal point of the chart regardless of the sign in which they are placed.

Just my twopence, anyway! ;)

Cheers,

aglaya

Fair enough. Good to know!
Thank you for all for the replies.

Although there is no stellium, you do have a dominant 12th house.

Although no stellium, you say I have a dominant 12th house. Could you or anyone elaborate on my heavily weighed 12th house? The planets inside and what it may mean to have them there? I'm assuming my dominant planet is Neptune, correct? What may that mean in your opinion? Anything you can add would be appreciated, even outside the box and outside of my 12th house. :smile:

JUPITERASC

Thanks for stopping by. :smile:

.......No limitations in this thread. If anything else stands out to in my natal chart, please share. Open to all opinions.
12th is connected with slavery.... here's a sample post from "12th / 6th house Axis And 21st Century Slavery But What Exactly IS 'Slavery'?" discussion at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=383581#post383581 :smile:
To me, it can mean persons in bondage: legal, financial, marital, fettered by chronic disease, debts, etc; also "wage slaves" locked into jobs they dislike but from which then cannot free themselves; to me it can also mean bondage to habits/compulsions/obsessions, from which it is not easy to free oneself.

Zeloim

As an interesting aside, beat author William Burroughs had both a stellium (in Aquarius) and a very dominant 12th house. The quote from dr. farr is pertinent here as Burroughs battled with heroin addiction for most of his life.

Attachments

• astro_w2at_09_william_burroughs_adb_hp.81218.2154.gif
    astro_w2at_09_william_burroughs_adb_hp.81218.2154.gif
    54.1 KB · Views: 38

aglaya

As an interesting aside, beat author William Burroughs had both a stellium (in Aquarius) and a very dominant 12th house. The quote from dr. farr is pertinent here as Burroughs battled with heroin addiction for most of his life.

This fallen Mars on the 5th cusp must have had a lot to do with it too!:sad:

Zeloim

I find the 12th house difficult to get my head around. My partner and I recently did our composite chart and it had a dominant 12th house, which got me thinking. It has a bad reputation.

aglaya

I find the 12th house difficult to get my head around. My partner and I recently did our composite chart and it had a dominant 12th house, which got me thinking. It has a bad reputation.

I'd say that how a full or prominent 12th will manifest will highly depend on how we use it and how we orginise our lives. Many people whom I would consider very successful have got a prominent 12th house- they actually became successful partially through the symbolism of this house. Just the other, in another topic, we have mentioned a few famous people with a prominent 12th.

Personally, and based on my experience in delineating charts that have a strong 1st/12th connection, I have found that the ruler of the 12th inside the 1st can be a much bigger pain in the back than L1 inside the 12th (I'm a proud owner of one myself D ). The placement of a ruler in a specific house can be seen as as sign of the inclination towards the matters of that house which makes sense in this case- L1 inside the 12th can pull the Nativity into the activities or places described by this house (and that does not need to be necessarily a bad thing), whilst the position of L12 inside the 1st may be a sign of the matters described by this house to come to the Nativity. This too can be "overcome" if other signs in the chart support that the energy of the 12th can be transformed into a positive activity.

JUPITERASC

....The placement of a ruler in a specific house can be seen as as sign of the inclination towards the matters of that house....

the position of L12 inside the 1st may be a sign of the matters described by this house to come to the Nativity...
"....1. The good or bad signified by a house emanates from the ruler of the house.

This is the basic rule. The ruler of the house is giver of the material of the house...." :smile:

For clarity, since 12th signifies also enemies, could you show an example of how 'L12 inside the 1st brings those matters to the Nativity'

aglaya

"....1. The good or bad signified by a house emanates from the ruler of the house.

This is the basic rule. The ruler of the house is giver of the material of the house...." :smile:

You mean the shape of the ruler and its placement? Agreed!

For clarity, since 12th signifies also enemies, could you show an example of how 'L12 inside the 1st brings those matters to the Nativity'

I'll try to find something!

I remembered a nice explanation of the influence of the L12 onto the 1stby Alan Oken:

"When the ruler of the Twelfth is in the First House:A person with this position tends
to bring his hidden elements, talents, strengths and weaknesses to the forefront of his life
When positive, this placement makes it very easy to tap into one’s secret potentials. When
negative, such a condition creates a lot of chaos for it is then that one cannot escape
confronting those situations and conditions in our life that get us into difficulties."

I like this explanation. unfortunately, I can't tell from which book I took it, I only have it as a note.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

You mean the shape of the ruler and its placement? Agreed!

I'll try to find something!

I remembered a nice explanation of the influence of the L12 onto the 1stby Alan Oken:

"When the ruler of the Twelfth is in the First House:A person with this position tends
to bring his hidden elements, talents, strengths and weaknesses to the forefront of his life
When positive, this placement makes it very easy to tap into one’s secret potentials. When
negative, such a condition creates a lot of chaos for it is then that one cannot escape
confronting those situations and conditions in our life that get us into difficulties."

I like this explanation. unfortunately, I can't tell from which book I took it, I only have it as a note.
The particular sign on 12th would bring varying results as well :smile:

aglaya

The particular sign on 12th would bring varying results as well :smile:

Oh, definitely. personally, I would also examine the dispositor of the 12th ruler but, generally speaking, I liked the choice of words in this explanation - to bring something to the forefront - that sounds like a decent explanation of the influence of a planet and its rulership in chart onto the 1st.

JUPITERASC

Oh, definitely. personally, I would also examine the dispositor of the 12th ruler but, generally speaking, I liked the choice of words in this explanation - to bring something to the forefront - that sounds like a decent explanation of the influence of a planet and its rulership in chart onto the 1st.
Since 1st is significator of the physical body then 'to bring something to the physical body' would also be equally apt :smile:

aglaya

Since 1st is significator of the physical body then 'to bring something to the physical body' would also be equally apt :smile:

yes. however, any planet inside the 1st will affect the appearance with its nature but, having said that- how do you think the energy of the 12th could affect the appearance and the physical body of the person? I have never though of that, honestly! (Bring the feet to the head? :D ) Some piscean characteristics perhaps?

JUPITERASC

yes. however, any planet inside the 1st will affect the appearance with its nature but, having said that- how do you think the energy of the 12th could affect the appearance and the physical body of the person? I have never though of that, honestly! (Bring the feet to the head? :D ) Some piscean characteristics perhaps?
Methinks perchance an acrobat! :smile:

Since you mentioned on another thread that 12th significations include shelters, hospices, asylums, institutions governing those who are weak, infirm, or in need of support perhaps we can infer that if L12 were in 1st then the physical body of the person whose Nativity it is would be linked to those places. Yet not in the same way as if L1 were in 12th :smile:

tsmall

Premium Member
Although no stellium, you say I have a dominant 12th house. Could you or anyone elaborate on my heavily weighed 12th house? The planets inside and what it may mean to have them there? I'm assuming my dominant planet is Neptune, correct? What may that mean in your opinion? Anything you can add would be appreciated, even outside the box and outside of my 12th house. :smile:

This is actually kind of a neat set-up. You have the ruler of your 7th exalted yet out of sect and under the beams in the 12th, and at the same time you have the exaltation ruler of your 7th in joy in the 12th.

What have been/are your relationships like?

JUPITERASC

How certain are you that you have an exact time of birth Ashley Victoria - I ask because if you had been born only ten minutes or so earlier, then you would have been a Pisces Ascendant. If your time of birth is from medical records then it is possible it was noted some time AFTER the event, the time varies according to individual hospital norms. It is a matter worth consideration when the Ascendant is so early however.

I also think it would be interesting to view your chart in Whole Sign format using the seven visible planets so I have attached it
:smile:

Attachments

• ASHLEY VICTORIA.jpg
    ASHLEY VICTORIA.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 32