Mars in Libra

virgo18

Can you post a visual chart please. It is difficult to read a lot of data. Astrodienst will do one for free.

I have also Mars in Libra and tend to get angry about injustice and lack of morality and fairness. I can be verbally aggressive but never physically. Is that the conjunction with Neptune????

Mars in Libra very often like to flirt and show interest in a partner this way. They can use endearments whilst expressing anger even. I dont see this aspect as calculating unless it has a connection to Mercury or the 3rd house or again Saturn.

Mars in Libra gives grace of movement and a love of dance and because it is in opposite to the Mars in Aries, it is not necessarily a bad thing as Aries can be brash, reckless, cruel and selfish....Mars in Libra tends to intellectualise anger or suppress it because they want to be seen as nice, fair and equitable and are very aware of others reactions. Can give variable energy levels and overall is a peacekeeper.

It depends again on what other aspects it has.

:happy:

I have Mars in Libra conjunct Mercury and Sun, and my cousin has Mars in Aries; When we used to fight I was better with harsh words than her, then she got desperate, crying and hit me, push me or throw me something. LOL

Oh and, yes I do attract parters who get pissed off, and offended very quickly. Very short tempered partners.

Note: My mars in libra is in the 10th house where it gets exalted.... So I consider my Mars more than quite neutral.

Last edited:

Veronica

I have Mars in Libra conjunct Mercury and Sun, and my cousin has Mars in Aries; When we used to fight I was better with harsh words than her, then she got desperate, crying and hit me, push me or throw me something. LOL

Oh and, yes I do attract parters who get pissed off, and offended very quickly. Very short tempered partners.

Note: My mars in libra is in the 10th house where it gets exalted.... So I consider my Mars more than quite neutral.

yeah but also also aside the mars-mercury conjunction you are also Virgo, perhaps that gives you more ammunition in the delicate art of verbal self defense... a quicksilver ,perhaps a silverbullet but that trait goes more to mercury-pluto who can actually be cruel with their words, or do stupid cruel things under exaggerative suspicions over trivial things.

SagiCap

Oh my! I don't know why this made me laugh so much. The Mars in Aries fighting physically with the Mars in Libra's words. It reminds me of my siblings fighting when we were young. I have Mars in Libra in 9th, trine to Moon I think. I am very witty and caustic (usually). I used to be so bossy and totally fight my sisters and poor little brother like a Mars in Aries though. I wonder why. Which leads me to.....

What is the breaking point/Is there a breaking point to cause Mars in Libra to get physical?

bubuza_dulce

IMO boxing and martial arts is great for strengthening Mars Libra. When you know how to fight and feel strong, it allows your impulses to be expressed more easily. IMO Mars Libra people need to build up physical strength and take some kind of martial art or boxing. You will feel more comfortable asserting yourself and also feel more comfortable reacting to someone OVERTLY attacking you.This goes great lengths (speaking from experience) And there are a number of worldclass boxers with Mars in Libra also.

I have Mars in Libra and I started kickboxing a while ago and I begin to notice how that influences my WORDS. I had no idea I was passive-aggresive because I didn't feel secure physically. But the more I learn to express myself physically, the kinder I am with words and I just began not to respond to verbal attacks since they seemed just pointless to me.(Which means I was hurt by words before, that's why I tended to be so sarcastic. I used to think I'm not hurt, I just do it to "win" the argument)

virgo18

Mars in Libra have a particular problem: It'll tend to be the strongest against the weakest , and the weakest against the strongest , it has the tendency of abusing and be abused around the life of the native.

What?

Its like saying that Venus in Virgo, Scorpio, or Aries lacks of capacity to love, and lacks of sense of beauty and esthetic.
It only means that Venus sense of beauty is mercurial, plutonian-martian. But it doesn't makes a person incapable of loving.
Venus makes love in a different way Taurus or Libra suggest to.
But it loves!

A planet in detriment or fall doesn't make you weak or strong, it only works the opposite as it has to. It operates in other way.

Mars in Taurus or Libra will solve conflicts in a Venusian way. And those are people who relate sex with love. Must of the time they have sex with people they really love. As well as Cancer Mars. Must of the time they don't enter in the category of people who can have sex with anybody or people just like but not love.
They are good solving love problems of others, family problems, money problems, they can be excellent match makers, etc.
The bad thing about this is that this Mars (libra, taurus, cancer) doesnt always externalize their anger to others because, Mars in this sign is sensible to what others can feel, in spite you are pissed off. They prefer to take distance and manifest their anger in a passive way for example:

Example:
there is a person pissing your group of friends off.

Your friend that has Mars in Aries will say: Stop or Ill punch you in the face.
The one with Mars in Scorpio will say: Do you want me to rip your head off?
Mars in Capricorn: Will just go and punch him in the face.
the Mars in Libra one: Will just try to dialogue with such person
the Mars in Cancer will: just support he's friends but wont fight.
The Mars in Taurus will: "Poor guy let him alone he must have some problem, so lets go away and ignore him"

You see?
The three friends with Mars in fall and detriment will defend them selves also (but at their way), but not as their confrontational Mars in Cap, Aries, and Scorpio friends do.
The ones with Mars in Libra, Cancer, and Taurus are not defending as Mars suggest to. Mars doesn't dialogue, Care about aggressors feelings, or just ignore them.

Mars in fall or detriment will not go and search for the aggressor to punch him in the face. They will do it if the aggressor come to them personally to bother them. And they will punch them hard!

And in spite someone is being disrespectful, going to punch him in the face at first instance as Mars in domicile or exaltation do. Doesn't mean they are stronger than Mars in detriment or fall that will prefer to fight when they don't have other option.

Other example: Mars in domicile or exaltation will go and say someone in it face: Hey dude! I really don't like you at all!
Mars in detriment or fall will only just avoid or ignore people don't like.

This doesn't makes you the strongest of the weakest, and the weakest of the strongest. There may be other aspect in your chart pointing this. But Im sure its not your Mars.

I will recommend you to check your Moon, or the position of your Saturn too se why you feel like that, maybe check also your 11th house, and 2nd house

Gogo91

This is a little far-fetched; Libra and Mars are two different thing. Mars/Ares (God of War) Libra as in the Zodiac. Mars' about War; Libra is Harmony. Mars says welcome Libra welcome to the army; Libra says lets make peace not war. Mars' angry.

But I think 9th house attracts travelers, outsider, foreigner.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

I think I've been taking the wrong approach to this. When I was younger I got in a lot of trouble and alot of fights all that I started. I never had am issue asserting myself nor drawing boundaries. I became passive after high school when I stopped being active, but all I had to do was starting exercising again.

Mars in libra and detriments period with mars we tend to need security before action. Mars in libra we sacrifice action for info, wanting to almost know the outcome before we plunge foward. Mars in Taurus they want to act but can't because the things they need aren't there that's why when they start it's intense and longgoing. Haven't been around too many mars in cancer ppl to say.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Even with all the bad aspects to my mars I'm still extremely competitive and I love to won and love to come in first at everything ESP. At work. I compete with myself now but I had alot of lessons to learn with mars in Libra

Horus

I agree with Claire-- so much depends on aspects and the house where Mars is doing business.

I have Libran Mars in the 9th, conjunct Uranus, sextile Moon, and opposite Chiron. I was picked on and bullied a lot when I was a little kid, with damage I had to heal from that.

Thanks to the Uranian influence, I have a quick temper and can lash out verbally, and smash or throw things. I never hit (or throw things at) people though, and it blows over just as fast, often followed by an apology and diplomacy. lol And what sets me off? Usually philosophical, religious debates -hello 9th house!
Since I meditate and do self-hypnosis often, such blow ups are rare and I am a mellow character most of the time.

Granted I do get furious in bad traffic too (terrible drivers around here) especially if I happen to be listening to metal, but I have since consciously switched to Mozart or Enya, and dream of remote tropical islands if I know I'm heading into congested areas or rush hour.

On the plus side, this (along with other factors in my chart) has made me artistic and an appreciator of art. I am also romantic and a bit flirtatious, diplomatic, and strive for peace, harmony and fair play.

Now my cousin has Libran Mars conjunct Pluto and his Moon and he is a warrior, buff, beat the **** out of other guys when he was younger, and he is a navy pilot -prides himself on being the 'tip of the spear'. It's gotta be Pluto, and some need to act out or compensate for his insecurity or deeper feeling of weakness.

balkanac1985

[FONT=&quot]Legendary french Canadian strongman Louis Cyr had Mars in libra and he was once the strongest man in the world. Mars in libra gives friendly strategy to use against enemies, I know people who had mars in libra and were even stronger then some of those with mars in aries or scorpio but the the people with mars in libra don’t want to fight for nothing, they fight only for what they beleve is right, also legendary german general [/FONT]
Erwil Rommel had mars in libra and he was very brave, smart and cunning.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

wan

Do you guys think that having Mars in Libra could make the native very attractive to the opposite sex? My brother has this placement and he attracted girls to him quite easily, even though he didn't have a job.

Horus

Do you guys think that having Mars in Libra could make the native very attractive to the opposite sex? My brother has this placement and he attracted girls to him quite easily, even though he didn't have a job.

They can be charming with this placement but attraction is really Venus' job. Venus in the 1st or in any aspect to the ASC or to the ruler of the ASC will pull 'em in, as will Venus conjunct Sun. Venus conjunct, trine, or sextile Mars will too. So check for any of these possible factors.

HoldOrFold

[FONT=&quot]Legendary french Canadian strongman Louis Cyr had Mars in libra and he was once the strongest man in the world. Mars in libra gives friendly strategy to use against enemies, I know people who had mars in libra and were even stronger then some of those with mars in aries or scorpio but the the people with mars in libra don’t want to fight for nothing, they fight only for what they beleve is right, also legendary german general [/FONT]
Erwil Rommel had mars in libra and he was very brave, smart and cunning.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I know a Mars in Libra guy, quite a charming fellow who works at bars. But he does boxing and gets into lots of fights (he used to anyway) at the weekends. He's got a tight dodecile (semisextile) between his Mars in Libra and Pluto in Scorpio.

Interestingly, Louis Cyr has Mars quincunx Pluto. Rommel has a wide trine between Mars and Pluto.

balkanac1985

Many people who were in the entertaining business had Mars in libra : Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Whitney Houston, Nicole Kidman, Pamela Anderson, Michael Douglas, Eminem, Macaulay Culkin and many more, but I want to speak about the power of Mars in libra. Often astrologers say that people with Mars in libra are weak but I don't agree with that. The position of the planet and the aspects that Mars is having with other planets is very important. I can give you many examples of people with mars in libra who were very strong but they bring diplomatic approach to any problem. They use force only if it is necessarly. Beside Louis Cyr, Kola Kwariani is another example of mars in libra, he was champion in Europe in wrestling in Greco-Roman style but afterwards he was in the entertaining business like many more.

JUPITERASC

Do you guys think that having Mars in Libra
could make the native very attractive to the opposite sex?
My brother has this placement and he attracted girls to him quite easily, even though
he didn't have a job.
ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES & DEBILITIES are used
to determine the condition of a planet in an astrological chart.

recent - just published 10 May 2018 :smile:
discusses
ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES and DEBILITIES in Traditional Astrology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVz6xT7yHDs
it's episode 156 of Astrology Podcast
Charles Obert discussing in detail essential dignities
and debilities

JUPITERASC

Is Mars in Libra 7h where others compulsively lie to the native ?
perhaps that develops the native sense of keen awareness that you mention
not necessarily - generalisation is fun but unreliable :smile:
clearly billions of people worldwide with no Libra Mars in 7th
are nevertheless lied to compulsively by others

Somna7H

Banned
How could be possible ?
Mars in Libra Strong person ?
I have Exalted Saturn Conjunct Mars in Libra 5th House. I'm just a slim guy. No sports or excess muscle.