Which aspects will point a rich spouse?

Claire19

To get a rich spouse or a fortunate marriage... in terms of money:

• I heard that Jupiter in the 8th house will bring a millionaire marriage partner.
  • Venus in the 8th can also bring a rich partner.
  • The ruler of the 7th house in a good aspect to Jupiter also bring a very moneyed spouse.
  • The ruler of the 7th in any aspect to the ruler of the 2nd or 10th, or 8th house?
  • The ruler of the 7th in the 2nd, 8th, 10th also.
    The ruler of the 7th in Libra, Sagittarius, or Taurus

Do you know more?
Sometimes the Jupiter in the 8th is a result of inheritance.
THe ruler of 7th being Venus or Jupiter and/or posited there. Taurus on the cusp. However none of these aspects will guarantee a rich spouse necessarily. The second is more personal income or assets and the 8th is shared assets, gifts etc. We all know that the rich can and do attract the beautful, and preferably young, so being that, is also helpful.

Last edited:

sethi

i have jupiter in 8th, sextile mercury(my chart ruler and 2nd house ruler in placidus) in 10th.
Ruler of seventh in sagitarius in 4th.

two major relationships and neither rich.

Hello fushia fairy

would you like to post your chart.? there may be other factors here. We cannot see a house in isolation

My PoF is also in the 8th house in Scorpio. Hanging out with Jupiter. Now, perhaps unfortunately, so is my chart ruler, Neptune.

So, there's your problem, Neptune in 8th house, illusions, deceptions, uncertainty etc.:love:

I have Jupiter well aspected in 8th, close trine moon in aries 3rd conj 4th cusp. At age 53 I have not yet inherited or been married to someone rich BUT am living in hope. My current partner is megga rich and next week could be crucial to our finances. Will let you know...

8th is not just about spouses finances either, it's inheritances, occult, sex, life after death, goods of the deceased etc.

The Mysteries of the 8th House: House of Death & Transformation
by Carmen Turner-Schott
http://www.ofspirit.com/carmenturnerschott1.htm

A member on this thread mentioned having Saturn in 2nd house, which can produce a 'fear of poverty' aspect and although some millionaires have this aspect it can of course show where there is a 'lack of confidence' and where they have to work hard to overcome obstacles. and of course a lot depends on how saturn is aspected, ie: with malific or benefic planets...

bittermoon

I always had partners who had well paid jobs, but none of them I'd consider 'rich'. My hang-up is that I always feel I have to pay my own way and I need to be financially independent from anybody, even a husband. When I divorced, I only wanted half of the proceeds of the house and let him have all the furniture and stuff as well as all savings and investments. I'm sure he thought I was nuts. And perhaps I was. I think I did it because I felt bad for initiating the divorce even though he had behaved in a for me unforgivable way.

I also do have Saturn in the 2nd house and I have a great fear of poverty. I can be very good with money if I have to.

Mark

I'm not sure which astrological qualities point to finding a rich spouse, but what confuses me more is why someone would want a rich spouse. Why would you? It seems like a good thing, providing a comfortable life that doesn't directly require work, but is it a good thing? I'm sure that there are a few rich people who might be slanted toward the side of good character, but I doubt they will have a character that is nearly as clean or as strong as that of the average poor person. Living a life with reduced problems from the "real world" (such as working for everything, always being a buck short, having to prioritise needs instead of wants, et cetera) actually will build a weak, selfish character. A rich person calculates all things in terms of monetary value, including people. It's just a habit. There are plenty of examples of this. As Jesus said, "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God." (Matt 19:24 KJV) So, if you want God, then it's best to pursue God and leave the rich to their own. I cite Jesus because He is the Master, but this is far from being just a Christian concept. Buddhists would agree entirely. Daoists would also agree.

P.S. To make that point a little clearer, Heaven and hell already exist here and now. Heaven and hell are what you build for yourself by building for others. Before you go on to experience them after death, you will experience them here. How will the rich spouse treat you and how will you treat them? How will you look at each other? What are you willing to become?

P.P.S. I am aware that the common translation of the word "Dao" is a poor translation and usually spelled "Tao." The fact that it is a romanisation of ancient Chinese in which the phonetics don't match is what makes it a poor translation for common usage. Thus, I say, "Dao."

RayAustin

My PoF is also in the 8th house in Scorpio. Hanging out with Jupiter. Now, perhaps unfortunately, so is my chart ruler, Neptune.

I don't see how a generational planet can be counted as a chart ruler. Mars as the ruler of fortune will have more impact, as the lot of fortune is a secondary ascendant (from Vettius Valens' Anthology). In general for you bittermoon, Jupiter on fortune is auspicious, depending on it being a day chart and what house he rules.

Last edited:

RayAustin

In defense of the OP, I also don't see why people are turning this thread into debate/discussion about the ethics of marrying a rich person nor including religious overtones, the OP didn't even say they were interested in it, they were just asking for some astro knowledge. :smile:

bittermoon

I don't see how a generational planet can be counted as a chart ruler. Mars as the ruler of fortune will have more impact, as the lot of fortune is a secondary ascendant (from Vettius Valens' Anthology). In general for you bittermoon, Jupiter on fortune is auspicious, depending on it being a day chart and what house he rules.

Jupiter rules my 9th and 10th and depending on traditional/modern, also my 1st.

Wouldn't call myself 'financially lucky'.

Claire19

To get a rich spouse or a fortunate marriage... in terms of money:

• I heard that Jupiter in the 8th house will bring a millionaire marriage partner.
  • Venus in the 8th can also bring a rich partner.
  • The ruler of the 7th house in a good aspect to Jupiter also bring a very moneyed spouse.
  • The ruler of the 7th in any aspect to the ruler of the 2nd or 10th, or 8th house?
  • The ruler of the 7th in the 2nd, 8th, 10th also.
    The ruler of the 7th in Libra, Sagittarius, or Taurus

Do you know more?
All this can be true........Jupiter in connection with Venus. The rulers by themselves are not enough... Planets have to be involved in strong aspects. The Sun in the 8th perhaps....

waybread

Mark, I have known some wonderful well-to-do people, and some genuinely crummy personalities in people who are either poor now or were at the time I knew them, or were poor growing up. It cuts both ways. I can think of two couples with whom my husband and I socialize right now who have more money than I will ever have, but they worked hard for it and I am fortunate to count them as friends. Similarly, one of my neighbours on my road is on welfare, and I virtually run when I see her coming because she is just such a bossy, quarrelsome person.

Possibly the OP was coming from a place of scarcity in her own life, and thinking that she would never on her own be able to be comfortable or have the nice things she wants in life. To me, it makes more sense for such an individual to learn some basic personal finance skills and to see abundance in her life independently of her bank account-- joint, or otherwise. Or maybe her situation is fine, and she was asking the question abstractly or thinking about someone else.

Of course, "rich" is a relative term.

Mark

Knowledge without application has no purpose. When knowledge has no purpose, it becomes destructive. Focusing purely on astrological description makes no sense to a person who is concerned with what good might come from it all. What good is astrology if you take life out of it?

virgo18: Yours was a legitimate question. There are other questions which should be answered along with this one, but there is nothing wrong with asking a question. Thank you for asking questions so that others can learn from your interactions.

Namaste.

that's just a Trad view and as a Modern astrologer I really don't have a problem with chart ruler being a *generational planet* :whistling: :biggrin:

I think if you don't have money you have problems :whistling: AND
if you DO have money you still have problems, but of a different sort :w00t:

virgo18

virgo18: Yours was a legitimate question. There are other questions which should be answered along with this one, but there is nothing wrong with asking a question. Thank you for asking questions so that others can learn from your interactions.

Namaste.

You're welcomed!
So I am sorry for being so rude with the thread title... I think we all ask questions according to our interactions.
I didn't write the question in a polite way... It will be better if the question is "Aspects that point a wealthy marriage" instead of "which aspects will point a rich partner"

Money is not all in life, I know that perfectly.

FleetingDasein

I haven't married a rich man, but most of the people I've dated have helped me financially.

Here are my placements:
2nd house ruler, Venus, found in my 7th house.
Venus in Libra in my 7th.

RayAustin

that's just a Trad view and as a Modern astrologer I really don't have a problem with chart ruler being a *generational planet* :whistling: :biggrin:

Okay, but it doesn't make sense. It doesn't make sense to treat a generational planet like it is a personal one, it simply doesn't operate the same way -- one being planetary speed, second being ability to make aspects; two very strong differences. The outers are in a league of their own. I use elements of modern astrology as well, so it's not just a "trad. view". But this could be on another thread.

Last edited: