lone wolf syndrome

sagvirgorising

Just leave the stroke/slash out of the first
bracket, so, when quoting without the quote button, you say
[:quote]the text here AQ7

Thanks - you learn something new everyday :) (I did have to preview post a few times - just to be sure)

sagvirgorising, you are adorable! :kissing:

lovable, simply lovable!! *apparently* ... this is exactly the kind
of thing i was talking about...

I think I'll be snuggling in to this forum! :)

sara31tx

Sounds just like me..I have asked myself this very question before..Not sure why I prefer to be by myself..I make friends easy but keeping them is another story..I just prefer to be by myself..I can be the center of attention one night but then throw people off the next day.. I have heard people say that I confuse them astro_w2gw_11_sara_hp_15291_5147.gif

I was wondering which are the indications in someone's chart showing the "lone wolf syndrome".

By that I mean people who, even when in the company of others, they still remain somehow detached. They are not intentionally "cold" or "distant", they are too much self-contained. They simply seem to enjoy their solitude. And even in those rare moments when they become the center of attention of a group, they do it for other reasons: for their talents, for their charismas, for their intelligence - but never for their capability to connect good with a group. The more numerous the group they are related, the more disoriented they look. People who enjoy eating alone, spending saturday evenings reading a book, who have no problem going to the cinema alone, people who relish the moments they spend by themselves - even when those are plenty.

The question is: what is this in a chart that makes a person in solitude not feeling lonely?

I do not wish to personify the question, it is a general theme that concerns a discrete number of people. I always think with the rule of three, so I would like to find at least 3 indications in the same chart:

* elevated Saturn in the chart (by sign or by house disposition)
* Saturn as ruler of 5th or 7th
* Saturn elevated + aspecting Moon by trine/sextile
* Jupiter in Capricorn and/or in the 12th
* Mercury in Sagittarius and Venus in Capricorn or Aquarius
* Grand Trine in water signs

What does your experience say?

In case the theme has been extensively covered by another thread, please re-direct me, as I have not managed to find any.

Lilystar

Do you think that a grand trine in Earth would cause someone to be a "lone wolf"?

For me, the grand trine includes sun, merc. & venus in Virgo, moon in Taurus, and saturn, uranus & neptune in Capricorn.

My chart is almost entirely earth signs, particularly virgo and capricorn, and I often find that I feel very detached from social situations, and I particularly struggle with larger groups, but I relish in one-on-one interactions with other people. I also love to spend time by myself, I feel like its essential to centering myself and processing the world around me. Its also a crucial time for me to sort out my thoughts, etc. However, it does get lonely sometimes...

Vinyasa

Sara, congrats!! You manage to be a lone wolf and you don't fall in any of the initial criteria I had thought of!!! From a first look on your chart, what I see that could make me think of a lone-wolf attitude is the Moon in the 12th squared by Saturn (in detriment) and ok, Saturn rules your communication sector and you may look "heavier" or more serious to the others, but still it is not enough... I must also say you have 5 out 7 personal planets in water (+Asc in water) and even your Gemini Mars is so close to the Cancer and anyway in the 8th, a water house... But this chart would equally make me think of an artistic personality, not necessarily a lonely wolf... Nevertheless, in case you do not already do something artistic, I bet you have at least one such talent...
Do you feel you can relate to any of these categories? You don't have to, just a curiosity from my side...

Ok, I will try and make a typology of expressions-roots, without however attempting any taxonomic scheme, ie without following any hierarchical structure. Pure categorization, without any judgemental view either.

Type 1: The Self-sufficient lone wolf. He is self-sufficient, period. He is disciplined. He is responsible. He is aware of the “trip” and of its difficulties. In a world of “let’s have fun and tomorrow is another day”, he is clearly too serious to be mixed with the crowd. He even has a sarcastic humour that often keeps people away. He chose the path because he is aware of the fact that he performs much better when alone. Team-work oriented should not be written under the personal features in his Resume.

Type 2: The Visioner lone wolf. He is one step in front of his time. He may mingle with the crowds, but still he remains detached, aloof. He is humanitarian but in a less personal way: he wants to help society, but not necessarily the person in front of him drowned in his small personal drama. He is by no means sentimental – he is somehow illuminated, and he may dedicate his life into a (spiritual) battle for the common good. He is the lone scientist, inventor, philosopher, thinker, poet, meant in social dimensions or in private ones (I do not mean only celebrities, I mean we all have met at a certain moment in our life such a guy or two, right?) He does not suffer his solitude; he also performs better alone because “too much to do so little time”.

Type 3: The “Abstract” lone wolf. He is so overwhelmed by his own feelings that he does not even need to express them in a concrete way. He does not verbalize feelings, he lives them. He may become the confessor of everyone around: but no-one (or really few) know what is going on inside his own soul. He meditates and knows the depth and length and width of human soul, but for himself he chooses to live in a timeless and spaceless universum. You can’t pin him down: he is too abstract. So he finishes going home with the sentimental load of others – but in most cases, alone.

Type 4: The “Transcendental” lone wolf. He does not belong here. He is so powerful that he generates awe. He may be too over-confident or lack any self confidence – few if any know what is going on inside. Everyone understands it is a matter of power, but what exactly stands behind this mask of control is hard to say. He is detached because in a way unearthly, he does not seem to recognize the debilities of the others and would under no circumstances explicitly state his own. He is not unscrupulous or whatever they accuse him: he must resolve conflicts, oppositions, power plays. Because someone must.

Lilystar, if you feel comfortable with it, you may post your chart, eg under your profile and give us the link... Grand trines normally are "easy" patterns, the energy flows so easily that nothing comes out of it unless you concentrate on it. If you have a lot of grand trines, it may be that energy is only triggered by hard aspects through transits/progressions, and the rest of the time you are too "grounded", even "reserved" (these are the first two words that come to my mind when thinking of a grand trine in earth, but this is just a generalization, everything of course depends on the chart itself...) It is the same kind of energy in a natal chart with too many trines (Sara for example has plenty of) or in a synastry with too many trines: in all charts you need a good balance between hard and soft aspects, hard aspects to give the "push" and soft aspects to give the stability and the resort where to charge batteries...
Still however, from my point of view, in all charts there is plenty to be done: you need to identify your strengths and your talents and your drawbacks (because my belief is that all aspects have both sides, just like the coins :wink:) and concentrate on them: a grand trine in earth may for example render the individual too "grounded", but maybe this is exactly the quality you need in order to make your own successful business one nice day. It does not mean it is bad: it means you must find the correct way to channel it most effectively.

Lilystar

Okay, I've uploaded my chart.
I think you could be right about my being "too grounded" Vinyasa. Maybe you'll see something that I've missed, after all I'm not exactly an expert astrologer...yet :)

Attachments

• lilystar2.jpg
    lilystar2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 41
Type 2: The Visioner lone wolf. He is one step in front of his time. He may mingle with the crowds, but still he remains detached, aloof. He is humanitarian but in a less personal way: he wants to help society, but not necessarily the person in front of him drowned in his small personal drama. He is by no means sentimental – he is somehow illuminated, and he may dedicate his life into a (spiritual) battle for the common good. He is the lone scientist, inventor, philosopher, thinker, poet, meant in social dimensions or in private ones (I do not mean only celebrities, I mean we all have met at a certain moment in our life such a guy or two, right?) He does not suffer his solitude; he also performs better alone because “too much to do so little time”.
This is such a perfect example of myself. Thank you for posting this, seems too me as-if a never ending truth about my life that I knew existed, has just been confirmed.

Many thanks :)

I have attached my natal chart for further referencing, feel free to comment on it and/or if you would like to ask me any questions about any of it, or about anything to do with this aspect of my personality that shapes my life really.....

Little hints; Look @ the cluster in my 9th house (philosophy, just knowing more than most, similar to a walking sage [in older times] etc), and look at the mercury in Gemini influence (Poetic, always thinking, good with words that helps my rap and music production, etc), along with the moon in scorpio (the highest highs, the lowest lows), midhaven in cancer (too much of a good thing), sun in cancer (guardian, creative, intuitive) , libra rising (seems like your best friend, even the first time you meet him), venus in gemeni (aloof, can't be 'pinned down' - thus assisting in the path of solitude, with the dominating Saturn in the third, thus reducing communication significantly (when you can't clearly communicate to the outside world, then its best you just do things yourself as you know you can if you tried hard enough), Mars in Pisces (finishing a complex task but wouldn't have the faintest idea in doing it in 'reverse') - It's just a never ending story, but i'll let you have the rest of fun in sussing out the chart if you wish, of the never ending adventurer, full of twists and sometimes very, very, 'revealing' turns on almost anything (off course including life), that would really spook your average bear...

Also, add Mercury trine Mars to the mix - someone say able to work well with others - but also as good, if not better alone?

It does not mean it is bad: it means you must find the correct way to channel it most effectively.

Touche'

Someone able to comment about 'Leo in the 12th' aswell... ?

:ninja:

Attachments

• canceriancrab natal chart.gif
    canceriancrab natal chart.gif
    28.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Vinyasa

Okay, I've uploaded my chart.
I think you could be right about my being "too grounded" Vinyasa. Maybe you'll see something that I've missed, after all I'm not exactly an expert astrologer...yet :)

I am not an expert astrologer either... I can't provide with a full analysis (Cornholio is right, for this you should post in the GL and there you will receive many answers and different views...) In this thread, I try to focus on those traits which could render someone a lone-wolf...
1. astro.com gives very wide orbs... many of the lines you see in your chart now are not effective, or at least you will not sense them that much in your life...
2. you are so young, you will see how all these placements will evolve... as your planets will move (by SA) from earth into air, i think with the years you will feel like getting lighter and lighter... :)
3. back to the lone-wolf discussion, you have Saturn exalted and aspecting your Sun and Mercury, ie the two planets most involved with communication and self expression... you may result "heavier" from what you really are... too much earth, lack of balance in the elements... let your ruler (jupiter in leo) be playful sometimes and follow the versatility and wittiness of your mars: these two can lighten the picture...
4. do you dance? you have the legs, the strength, the musicality, the theatricality for this... it could be an idea that will "lift" you a little bit from the ground and get you mingled with people... are you in the phase of starting studies? now is the moment to be very well structured in this field, saturn just entered your 10th: the most structured you are now, the most you will be rewarded in 6-7 years from now...
don't stick yourself behind a label: life has too many options...

got to go now, i will enter later again...

Vinyasa

Little hints; Look @ the cluster in my 9th house (philosophy, just knowing more than most, similar to a walking sage [in older times] etc), and look at the mercury in Gemini influence (Poetic, always thinking, good with words that helps my rap and music production, etc), along with the moon in scorpio (the highest highs, the lowest lows), midhaven in cancer (too much of a good thing), sun in cancer (guardian, creative, intuitive) , libra rising (seems like your best friend, even the first time you meet him), venus in gemeni (aloof, can't be 'pinned down' - thus assisting in the path of solitude, with the dominating Saturn in the third, thus reducing communication significantly (when you can't clearly communicate to the outside world, then its best you just do things yourself as you know you can if you tried hard enough), Mars in Pisces (finishing a complex task but wouldn't have the faintest idea in doing it in 'reverse') - It's just a never ending story, but i'll let you have the rest of fun in sussing out the chart if you wish, of the never ending adventurer, full of twists and sometimes very, very, 'revealing' turns on almost anything (off course including life), that would really spook your average bear...

Also, add Mercury trine Mars to the mix - someone say able to work well with others - but also as good, if not better alone?

interesting mix, indeed :wink: i find very interesting that your asc ruler conjuncts its dispositor... very strong conjunction, also because mercury is domiciled and together with pluto they are final dispositors of your chart... and pluto on the other hand conjuncts your moon in the first... you are your thoughts, your words, your feelings, they are powerful and they are fast, be careful not to get carried away, your mars in square can cut like a knife....
but you can choose: you can choose to be light and fast, or you can choose to be deep, but then it is very deep, with pluto conj.moon in the first in nice trine to sun-chiron conj.in the ninth, and ruler of the 3rd jupiter in the 8th you can choose to comunicate the depth of feelings... pluto is pushing your sun-chiron conjunction now and saturn is squeezing your saturn-uranus conj by square in the 12th, pluto will give you an opportunity to perfect the healing by sextiling your moon so this will also come from deep inside, be careful though not to push yourself too hard because healing goes together with hurting if you are not concentrated enough...
i am not an astrologer, i learn and i see how long is the way in front of me but seems worth travelling, you seem to know your chart so well and i feel that by letting these deep feelings be creatively expressed you may reach the hearts and the minds of many... good luck, we all need creative thinkers and poets, by expressing the deepest feelings you both break the lone-wolf shell and at the same moment you cultivate the compassion of NN in Pisces in the 6th, remember you have in you the collective unconsicous of SN in 12th, you have the possibility to transcend yourself...

cibal175

I probably read it somewhere. But I cannot cite any astrologer right now.

The loner type has a strong Virgo influence. The ascendant is just a way for a non-native to be one. Another way is for your 6th house to be occupied by an outer planet.

Now, see -- this is all so interesting, but in my case I have neither a strong virgo or any 6th house planets. In my case, I have sun, mercury conjunct saturn in Scorpio in the 12th house, unless you would count mercury conjunct the sun. With my Sag rising, I am very sociable, but I spend almost all my time alone at home. In house 11 is mars conjunct neptune, which squares uranus in the 8th house - so I guess you could say that I'm uncomfortable in uranian situations - being around large groups of people. My initial interest was in the 7th house south node in gemini. I thought maybe the 12th house mercury conjunct saturn would basically neutralize a marriage. Now when I think about getting into another relationship, I get so uncomfortable even at the thought. Oh yeah Jupiter is conjunct Pluto and also square sun/saturn. As I delineate my own chart, I truly see a pattern here. What's your thoughts. Also, no planets in houses 2 through 7 at all - only chiron in 2nd.

cibal175

Sounds just like me..I have asked myself this very question before..Not sure why I prefer to be by myself..I make friends easy but keeping them is another story..I just prefer to be by myself..I can be the center of attention one night but then throw people off the next day.. I have heard people say that I confuse themView attachment 7643

Hi Sara. I don't know how many people have pointed it out to you, but I believe that 4th house pisces sun trining your saturn in cancer would make you very comfortable and home. I can see also why people would say you confuse them. Your 12th house moon conjunct uranus might contribute to people thinking your emotions are erratic. Is this the case? You probably think fast and think a lot, because this conjunction opposes Jupiter in Aries, but also squares saturn, also indicating erratic thoughts bordering on genius because it trines your mercury, but throws other people off. Also with Neptune in the first house it would be difficult for people to see the real you. Just my thoughts.

PaxMercurius

I am a fairly dedicated loner - only two real IRL friends, and a handful of people I would consider friends online. Mostly, I am content with the arrangement, though I occasionally wish for a wider net of human resources in times of crisis...but when I have had this, and attempted to branch out, I tend to find that I become exhausted and drift away.

This is probably due to my Saturn in Scorpio in 11H, which is also my chart ruler (Cap. AC) and an Aquarius moon. I am a Gemini Sun with a very powerful Mercury (Mercury is in its native sign, in its triplicity, in the face and term of Jupiter in its house of joy and trine Jupiter). With that arrangement, I literally write and communicate constantly - I spend all day, most days writing and hanging around on the internet - while simultaneously being a complete hermit :)

Most of my significant planets are in the 6H, with the rest spread through the 10th - 12th. The Moon and Jupiter are conjunct in 2H. My life is really dedicated to work and service of the writerly variety.

Physical company is very wearing. Going out to clubs/parties leaves me feeling hungover, even though I don't drink. However, I fear being completely alone in the world - I could not be happy if I had no one at all.

I would say, in general, that Saturn in Scorpio lends itself easily to introversion. A strong 12H or Pisces, Pisces in the 9H (indicating possible monastic tendancies). The Earth and Water signs, in particular, express a need for withdrawal - I think that any preponderance of these would indicate a tendency towards introversion.

A lot of Air sign people I have known maintain a sort of inner detatchment. My own lone-wolfiness is probably due to the combination of powerful Earth and Air.

One of the most introverted people I know has an Aquarius stellium and a bundle chart (all planets in tight conjunction in 3 or fewer houses) in 1H and 2H.

vanila

Hi PaxMercurius,

I like you have Cap rising and Saturn(on MC) in Scorpio and many water and earth in my chart, with one fire planet(Uranus) and one air(Jupiter - the apex planet of a t-square). I think lone wolf syndrome is connected with Saturn...... not only but the connection is obvious....

Good luck :)

cibal175

...so I would like to find at least 3 indications in the same chart:

* elevated Saturn in the chart (by sign or by house disposition)
* Saturn as ruler of 5th or 7th
* Saturn elevated + aspecting Moon by trine/sextile
* Jupiter in Capricorn and/or in the 12th
* Mercury in Sagittarius and Venus in Capricorn or Aquarius
* Grand Trine in water signs

How has your search panned out? Did many people who fit the above "rule of 3"?

Re: the 7th house, my 7th house ruler is in the 12th conj Sat (1). Only trine in my chart is from 1st house moon trine Jup/Pluto in 9th. Re: 5th house ruler, it is Mars conj Neptune in 11th in Libra and squaring an 8th house Uranus -- so partnerships are somewhat erratic. I do see your pattern - albeit not in the order you're requesting. What I've noticed most however is the relationship with Saturn in 12th, planets in the 4th and lots of Scorpio activity. You only note Merc in Sag or Jup in Cap, but I have Sag rising with Venus conjunct ascendant, north node and moon -- all in the first house and I have been told that I am too "self-contained" for a relationship. However, Jup is chart ruler and square Sat. from 9th and Sun is 9th house ruler in 12 conj Sat. (so that might explain part of your Jup/Cap theory (2)). Only stressful aspect to venus is a semisquare to 11th house Neptune (which might suggest Uranian energy-see above square (3?)). When I was younger, I dated two people at a time and it seemed to fit. Once I decided to settle down with one, I ended up with none. I do get lonely sometimes - I think all humans do, but overall I prefer my solitude. When I'm dating, I must have personal space and time to exist without interference, questions or dealing with insecurities, even if we're in the same house. Without it I become unbalanced. I thought most of that was due to the stellium in Sag rising, but with Mars conj Neptune in Libra and the 12th house planets, it's hard to know. Saturn is 33 deg (semi-sextile) Moon. Anyway, you seem to be on the right track, but not considering all the possibilities.

Last edited:

Vinyasa

Every time I see new feedback in this thread, I think of two thinks:

First this quotation of Nexus

A lone wolf may be a lone wolf for many reasons

reminding me that my categorisation can only be incomplete (because it stems from observation of the - limited - number of lone wolfs' charts I have in my database).

And the second I remember is what my best friend always says to me, "We are all variations of the same reality - and they can be infinite".

I don't know if such categorisation makes sense after all, I understand though that every "lone wolf" who contributes to this thread with an in-depth analysis of his own chart from this specific point of view, not only understands for himself and demonstrates to the others the astrological structures which underly given attitude, but by doing so, he additionally identifies those aspects of his self-containedness for which he has come into terms with himself and with who/what he really is. Isn't that the bottomline of all? ;)

Claire19

star,

What's the reasoning behind this, cos I have stellium in fourth including lights and am no way introverted, even though I don't mind time alone, I don't feel lonely either.....

thanks
I dont agree that planets below the horizon show introversion necessarily.
4th house may be a family oriented person and like their nests and concerned with hereditary and with nurturance issues. i.e. Jupiter there would mean a loud and large family perhaps so we cant generalise. The 6th house is below the horizon also and it deals with everyday needs, work, housing, clothing, food etc and the means to get them. I think the lower half of chart is more personal rather than introverted and the upper half deals with others. Saturn in the 10th for instance can mean a person who works alone, after all.

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

hmmmmmmmm i got a sun in the 12th i dip between a social person and then an introverted person but i cant do ppl everyday. have a deep hunger for seculsion and then after that i can be social but i refuse to operate with out a level of seculsion, i been like that ll my life

another thing that makes me a loner is if im in a situation or around ppl i just get bad or numbing vibes from i just leave, cuz if i aint feelin it all the way, then im just not feelin it

i got a mars in the 12th also, they say that its so much easier for those batives to project mood rather than express feelings, which to me is true as i tend to get quiet when angry hoping ppl will get the picture from that