Sell my home? Libra indecision

CaprLibraSquared

I have been considering selling my home in Vermont. In the last year the prices have gone up enough that even with a tax hit, I think I would make enough to clear me of all debt. This of course, leaves me without a purchased home and doubtful I would be able to buy again. However, I haven't lived in this home for 10 years. I always thought I would go back but of late have felt there is nothing to go back to other than the home. I am holding onto a home for security and not sure that is necessarily the best reason. Freedom from debt sounds incredibly appealing. A start over.

I currently live in Europe and am planning to make a career change in the coming year and move back to the States. Where? Unknown. But I am not feeling a strong pull to VT. The east coast, but going back in time to live in an old place with old memories is less and less appealing.
However, not sure being in a Neptune transit and Uranus m my IC if I am seeing 100% clearly. Would appreciate feedback.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 3.02.55 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 3.02.55 PM.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 19

Osamenor

Staff member
That's not a question natal astrology can answer. We could look at your transits and progressions, but that wouldn't tell us whether or not you should sell your home, and that wouldn't tell us whether or not you will. The same transits and progressions will happen no matter what you decide, and could be just as easily associated with either decision.

I can believe that Uranus moving through your fourth house, having crossed your IC in the past year, is associated with desire for change in the area of home/housing. In Taurus, too, the sign associated with personal finance. No accident that your primary consideration here seems to be financial.

Do you currently rent out that home? Or is it empty?

If you aren't currently renting it out, that could be an in between option. It would give you income and put the house to use without you having to sell it or move back.

If you are currently renting it out, might your tenant(s) be interested in buying it? Especially if you have a long term tenant, it seems only fair to give them that option.

CaprLibraSquared

That's not a question natal astrology can answer. We could look at your transits and progressions, but that wouldn't tell us whether or not you should sell your home, and that wouldn't tell us whether or not you will. The same transits and progressions will happen no matter what you decide, and could be just as easily associated with either decision.

I can believe that Uranus moving through your fourth house, having crossed your IC in the past year, is associated with desire for change in the area of home/housing. In Taurus, too, the sign associated with personal finance. No accident that your primary consideration here seems to be financial.

Do you currently rent out that home? Or is it empty?

If you aren't currently renting it out, that could be an in between option. It would give you income and put the house to use without you having to sell it or move back.

If you are currently renting it out, might your tenant(s) be interested in buying it? Especially if you have a long term tenant, it seems only fair to give them that option.

Ah, good to know. Thank you!
I do rent it out. Not a money maker though. A break even - given the increase in the HOA and property tax. I have rented it for 10 years and the reality is I am probably not going back to the area. Plus it is about ready for some repairs/upgrades and my income isn't going to change anytime soon so just adds to my debt. I have friends in there - for the last 6 years actually. I will certainly propose it to them, but know they want to buy a home. It will definitely be an inconvenience to them, but that isn't a reason to keep. :sad: