Who stole my cushions

Alice McDermott

I woke up this morning to find that the cushions on my chairs on the porch had been stolen.

I asked the question "who stole my cushions" on 30th March 2013, 12.00 pm, Adelaide, Australia. Chart is attached.

I would love to have some answers as there are a few reasons as to why they could have been taken.

Alice

Attachments

• Who stole my cushions.gif
    Who stole my cushions.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 37

James Williams

Hi Alice, I'm reading Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson, and in her chapter on 7th House questions in Simplified Horary Astrology she has a section entitled, Describe the thief. She wrote...

"He is one of the family if the ruler of the 7th [the thief] is in the 7th or 1st..." (p. 223)

She also says that he would be Jupiter-like, since Jupiter rules the 7th...

Jupiter describes the person as "OPTIMISTIC, generous and FORGIVING, charitable, interested in intellectual, educational, publishing and spiritual affairs..." (p. 59).

She goes on in much greater detail on this page about Jupiter, but I don't want to write the whole thing...

Hope this helps...I'm not sure I would take it as gospel truth, but it certainly is interesting to ponder...

I hope your missing cushions return...

Moog

Chart is quite interesting.

Moon is your cushions, Moon is in the 6th

6th is ruled by Mars in the 11th. Mars also rules the 11th. Mars also aspects the Moon to 59 of 60 virupas.

I think it could be someone you know. A hostile 'friend' or social acquaintance?

Alice McDermott

Thank you all for your help. As this is quite an emotional question for me I wasn't sure if my interpretation was clear.

Some of the background:

I live in a retirement community where there are no fences between our homes and gardens, because of this we are really careful not to interfere with our neighbours' little gardens and we all have the kind of garden we like. The community is like a big family and overall we all get on very well. A few days ago I found my Russian neighbour and my Indian neighbour in my garden pulling up some plants, I was so startled I roared at them to get out of my property - this was very unusual for me as I am normally very placid, so it gave both of them quite a shock.

The Russian neighbour later apologised, saying she thought the plants were weeds and she wanted to help me as she knew my knees were painful. This was highly likely so I accepted her apologies and now all is well between us. The Indian neighbour has never apologised and became very huffy towards me, she also told every other member of the community what I had done, with probably considerable exaggeration.

Never-the-less matters seemed to have settled down amicably until my big, fluffy, very comfortable cushions disappeared.

My own initial thought was that another neighbour in a house next door to our community, who is a good friend of the Indian neighbour and had helped me get the lovely wicker set on my porch, had taken the cushions as a punishment for me upsetting her friend. This person is a friend of mine, very charitable, good hearted and kind but has been a little venegeful before when upset by someone and is very protective of the Indian neighbour. In my own eyes the horary seemed to fit this, with Saturn- Moon-Node in Scorpio and the Moon on the midpoint of Saturn/Node (an older, sick woman), the ruler of the 7th house in Gemini (neighbours) and close to me (in first house) and square Mercury, the ruler of the 1st house (me) so I thought I would ask the horary experts on this site for their opinion to see if it was the same as mine.

It is interesting that people have come up with a similar interpretation!

it is also interesting that the Indian neighbour has Sun and Moon in Sagittarius, but I don't think she really had anything to do with it as I helped her when she was having a heart attack and she is grateful to me.

As I don't want any further problems in our little community I have said I thought it was a homeless person who was cold that night and wanted something soft to lie on and asked everyone to keep an eye out in the neighbourhood for the cushions. I will leave it at that, but will be most cautious in dealing with these people in the future.

James, I too hope the cushions are returned when everything settles down, but I think it is unlikely. My only hope is that someone 'finds' them tucked away behind some plants in a surrounding street.

mr1234 I live in the Southern Hemisphere, would your system reverse in this case? I will check out the streets west of me as there are quite a few nooks and crannies in these streets.

Many thanks for those who offered their expertise

Alice

James Williams

Alice, I'm wondering if they might be near water, in a northwesterly direction since the Moon, the ruler of the 2nd House, is in the 6th. The ruler of the 1st, the ruler of the 2nd, and the Moon herself are all in water signs!

Derek Appleby, in his book, Horary Astrology, on page 163 wrote, "To discover the kind of place where a lost article may be found, consider the significators: the lord of the Ascendant, the lord of the second, the Moon, and Fortuna. See the quality of the sign in which most of them are placed...If Water signs predominate, it is near water..."

And even Fortuna's dispositor is in a water sign...I don't know if this helps, or if there is any water in a northwesterly direction, but it certainly is something to consider, yes?!

Alice McDermott

Alice, I'm wondering if they might be near water, in a northwesterly direction since the Moon, the ruler of the 2nd House, is in the 6th. The ruler of the 1st, the ruler of the 2nd, and the Moon herself are all in water signs!

Derek Appleby, in his book, Horary Astrology, on page 163 wrote, "To discover the kind of place where a lost article may be found, consider the significators: the lord of the Ascendant, the lord of the second, the Moon, and Fortuna. See the quality of the sign in which most of them are placed...If Water signs predominate, it is near water..."

And even Fortuna's dispositor is in a water sign...I don't know if this helps, or if there is any water in a northwesterly direction, but it certainly is something to consider, yes?!

Hi James

As the Moon is the ruler of the second house I too thought that it could show the direction and location of the cushions, but wondered if they would ever be found because of the Scorpio element. North there is no water, west there is the sea, but it is quite far away. With Scorpio one thinks of frozen or stagnant water.

Also important to remember when doing Southern Hemisphere horary charts is that North and South are reversed i.e. North is near the MC and South is near the IC. Attached is the local horizon chart for the question that shows the Moon in a South Westerly direction - still no help, though that direction points to a boys school nearby and quite a bit further away, a river.

I also wondered if the question could show where the items were as the question wasn't "where are my cushions" but "who stole my cushions", which I thought the horary answered quite clearly.

If I do recover them and unravel this mystery I will certainly let you all know the results.

Horary is such an amazing and accurate tool, it never ceases to amaze me! The Ascendant of the question is conjunct my natal Uranus, indicating my surprise and shock - and, as Uranus is connected to my natal 2nd house, the sudden loss of property.

The duad chart for the question had a huge number of contacts to my natal chart, including Pluto conjunct my Moon!

It also fascinates me that when I asked the question "Where are my cushions?" just now (4th April 2013, 11.40.53 am, Adelaide, Australia) the angles were exactly the same as those of the first question. Instead of the Moon being in Scorpio conjunct Saturn it is in Capricorn in the 8th house - sort of the same energy a different way around; instead of the Moon being conjunct North Node it is parallel! The Moon points almost due west in the local horizon chart, which fits mr1234's assessment.

There is a park due west of where I live, if I get time I might look there, under bushes or in a secluded place.

Alice

Attachments

• Who stole my cushions2.gif
    Who stole my cushions2.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 21

VeryVenus

here is the chart for "Where are my cushions?"

Another Horary! You gotta love this! How amazingly simple a horary can be, but how brilliant at the same time. So let us get right to it.

Astrological Study of "Who stole me cushions".

Please, astrologers, ALWAYS remember the essence of the question!. It's not WHERE are my cusions. It's not WHETHER I will find them or not. It's not WHEN will I find them. It's the "WHO DONE IT" question, we are looking for a person(s) that took them. I don't know about you, but I am looking for my policement hat. :rightful:

We have the querent - Mercury in our case - with highly inquisitive mercurian mind, and note MERCURY's location is 9th cadent house. End of the matter is also ruled by Mercury; lead planet in the chart is Saturn (elderly person).
Mercury is located in Pisces where it's in fall. Pisces is the sign our crime victim is located, the place might be a retirement home or a hospital. How accurate and telling is our chart! As our querent has confirmed this in her previous post she is in the retirement community.

Now, looking at our 12th house, the house of "hidden enemies" and in our case these will be the person(s) who have with a clear conscience brazenly had stolen a good lady's cushions.

Peregrine planets which are planets without essential dignity, would show us our thief by Lily and here they are, our first 3 suspects:

• Venus, :ninja:
  • Saturn, :bandit:and last but not least,
  • Looking very suspicious, the Moon in Capricorn:unsure:.
How do we narrow our search? None of these are raising, but our thief occupies an angle - this time it's Venus in the 10th House. Notice how the 12th House is also ruled by Taurus which is yet another astrological footprint our wicked cushion-thief has left. OH MY. We have our criminal mastermind now let's wrap up this case.

Venus is a female and you see, since her very nature is to appreciate and value beauty, she has really taken a liking to your cushions, them being wicker and all. She is separating from a conjunction with a malific planet of mischief, who loves to makes us suffer - the Mars - it is also the planet of action...that is, acting decisively on an impulse and NOT thinking, acting out our primal animal urges and drives - and she is herself weakened by the sunbeams of the nearby Sun; and in detriment here in fiery Aries. Now let us check Venus's midpoints. The midpoint between Mars and Sun is pointing that she is developing artistic abilities, likely an artistic person. Another midpoint of Uranus and Poseidon is pointing to Television. Perhaps she likes watching TV (Electricity+Abstract Ideas). Aries in this case could signify an east direction; being stored in the car or in the garage or in a place near metal tools.

Case solved.
:cool:

VeryVenus

Hello Alice -

If you see the title of your post, it's titled "WHO stole my cushions". It was your first emotional response to the event, which is a very intuitive response "from the heart" which I trust, and that is why I decided to give my attention to that particular post. Later came the logical thinking and the analysis...

As they were stolen it's only logical to deduce that the thief is unlikely to have remorse and risk herself to be discovered only to return the stolen cushions. She has a reputation to lose and since it's a close-knit community as you've described, it's unfortunately, but highly unlikely to occur.

However if you read my post once again, I have indicated that the Venus person (female most likely; artistic; Venus people are usually sensual and attractive; hairy; thick ) is herself located to the East direction(if you turn the chart, then you can superimpose it on the map of your neighbourhood) and a location as described by Aries.

Aries
This place might be a bakery, barbershop, foundry, sports arena, sports club, hardware store, butcher shop, and the dentist's office.
IF THE ARTICLE IS INDOORS:
It can be in or near a chimney, heater, stoves, furnace room, room where machinery and tools are kept, room with locked doors or closets, places where iron or junk is stored, area where guns and ammunition are kept, under ashtrays, hat boxes, near ceilings, roofs or doorways, in rooms predominantly red in color, tool closets and a room with fireplaces, alone a straight line.
IF THE ARTICLE IS OUTDOORS:
It can be near or on sandy grounds, newly opened tracts of land or land recently plowed, virgin land, burned land or barren hills, tool sheds, the car, the garage,near a pine tree, storage place for a lawnmower.
Aries indicates direction turn East. CORRESPONDING COLORS ARE: bright red or red/orange.

PS. I still standby by my original post - we were looking for a thief, and we have found her. Mercury which rules the End of Matter is in fall in Pisces and in 9th cadent house - meaning that it's physically far away, and very doubtful to return.

Last edited: