Finding the right career through astrology

Osamenor

Staff member
And what I think you'll need to take that leap is other people. Your Mars and Venus, which I see putting their energies into your creativity and passion for it, are in your seventh house: partnership. Mars is the traditional ruler of your MC. If you become famous, or even just well known enough in your field to make a living at it, I expect it to be as part of a creative partnership. Your eleventh house Moon also indicates others: group, collective, people with common interests.

If you're teamed up with others, pooling your resources and theirs, you can go much farther than you would ever get on your resources alone. And I mean every kind of resource: financial, personal connections, work space, etc.

Last edited:
here's a quote of my reply in its entirety
rather than the two line extract you extrapolated :smile:
the two line extract you quoted forms part of a longer response
which is not cryptic if read
but
you said you said you have not read it
perhaps there is a language issue
perhaps English is not your preferred language
if not
what is your preferred language?

Hi JupiterAsc. I think re-reading the post makes sense to me in terms of a general chart analysis and I might add that your observation is quite astute. However I am not being able to understand how it helps me make a decision which is why I added the cryptic aspect. In the sense that my 6th house which cusps in Cancer I felt had nothing to do with anything of my desires or goals. Moon which is it's ruler is in the 11th house in Sagittarius which give me quite the opposite qualities than that of Cancer. Do you think I should think about my financial gain when it comes to my work from something that is related to Cancer?

xichuwangwai

@hummhumm69

Your corrent job, Public Relations in the Marketing dept: The Moon in the 11th in Sagittarius. The Moon is in a T-square, so it's not pleasant indeed, e.g. The supervisors (the Sun) gave you more work to do (Saturn). But, it's just a job.

Sooner or later, you're going to go for your real career: art gallery.

@hummhumm69

Your corrent job, Public Relations in the Marketing dept: The Moon in the 11th in Sagittarius. The Moon is in a T-square, so it's not pleasant indeed, e.g. The supervisors (the Sun) gave you more work to do (Saturn). But, it's just a job.

Sooner or later, you're going to go for your real career: art gallery.

Hey xichuwangwai! This is crazy how you analysed that my work is not pleasant because I get a lot of work. I also happen to have a lot of fights at work. Is that in my chart too. Do you think sticking with this job is rational?

Besides that I wanted to know what in particular made you think about "real" career as related to "art gallery". Am I painting or am I doing art business?

I hear your Sagittarius Moon and your Leo placements in that exploration and expression! (Being a solar Leo with a Sag Moon, I speak that language as a native! :biggrin:) As for the lavish aspects of life, again, Leo tends to like that, Sag may or may not care about lavishness but does tend to live whatever they're living in a big way, and that Pisces second house probably brings a desire for lavish.

First of all it's amazing how deep your analysis is. If you are looking for an apprentice let me know :biggrin::biggrin:

If I ma being frank I hate the tension between my sun and moon. It really drives me nuts. As someone who has both fire moon and sun how do you go about making decisions. There is a strong desire on my part to behave in ways that may seem Saggitarian. And often times I think there are hardly so any Virgo qualities that comes to the fore when someone interacts with me. In fact my Leo is probably more visible than my Virgo!(I love it!)

In fact a lot of people have told me on my face if I an an Aquarius which is lovely but no one wildly thinks of me as a Virgo.

I guess what I am trying to say is perhaps I tend to be more fire sign-ish. This brings me to a desire that I should take efforts to hone in my fire skills and pre-occupations. However they say you mature into your Sun sign so I was thinking if tending to my moon makes sense or is it a phase. Have you gone through somehting similar as a Sag moon?

And what I think you'll need to take that leap is other people. Your Mars and Venus, which I see putting their energies into your creativity and passion for it, are in your seventh house: partnership. Mars is the traditional ruler of your MC. If you become famous, or even just well known enough in your field to make a living at it, I expect it to be as part of a creative partnership. Your eleventh house Moon also indicates others: group, collective, people with common interests.

If you're teamed up with others, pooling your resources and theirs, you can go much farther than you would ever get on your resources alone. And I mean every kind of resource: financial, personal connections, work space, etc.

This is a very very helpful as an advice. And I do like partnerships and collaborating a lot which makes sense. But I have always thought of 7th house as being the realm of corporations which would ick me out. But now I can see it as something tailor to me!

Hey Katydid! Thanks for having a look! Its crazy how you were ale to figure so many things out. :surprised::surprised::surprised:

Pluto in Sag in 10th is a warriors quest for the deep philosophical meaning behind one's destiny.

This gives me relief because it tells me that there is something that I can be in a exploration for and be engaged with.And I do think artistic outlets give way to philosophical conversations.

Pluto in the 10th allows your bosses and others in authority to see you as a potential boss yourself. They will always recognise your vast potential. Some may even see you as a threat to their own power however.

This is another wow moment for me. I have too many fights with my bosses. I don't think they are unnecessary. But everyone around me constantly asks me to keep quite. Sometimes I do because I understand that challenging authority is enervating and can cause harm. But I find both pleasure as well respect for holding my ground. Do you think this aspect also bleeds into my romantic expression?

Pluto is part of a Fire Grand Trine in Earth houses. Pluto, Saturn and Mars: Power, Responsibility and Volatility....

That^^^ Grand Trine flirts with your vast potential of playing with the big boys, if you ever decide to join their ranks. I think you haver the ability to move up the corporate ladder if you want to do so.

Doing so might give you the financial freedom to then begin making the creative decisions that you desire.

This is very interesting because I do think I will enjoy that a lot.

You can also follow your heart and try making a living in the arts, but I am not sure it will be as fulfilling in the end. It would be quite a struggle and would not pay very well for quite awhile, with that Saturn in your 2nd.

In my opinion, that Saturn works better for you financially if you are employed in a more Saturnian role. One with a regular salary and responsibilities.

I like how you somehow in one post gave me an existential crisis! Do I follow my heart or do I end up doing something which I will enjoy but at the cost of being fulfilled.
I do understand that it's not as dialectical as I am making it to be and that things can go in tandem. However I have a question. My Saturn is in the second house in Aries although my second house cusp is Pisces. Shouldn't this somehow indicate that arts is something I should do given that 2nd house is Taurus/Venus ruled and that Pisces (artistic escapism) and Aries (lot of actors with this sign) are ruling my 2nd house?

I am a bit confused in that. Would it mean I would struggle there or that I will end up gaiang momentum albeit with delay?

katydid

Hey Katydid! Thanks for having a look! Its crazy how you were ale to figure so many things out. :surprised::surprised::surprised:

This gives me relief because it tells me that there is something that I can be in a exploration for and be engaged with.And I do think artistic outlets give way to philosophical conversations.

This is another wow moment for me. I have too many fights with my bosses. I don't think they are unnecessary. But everyone around me constantly asks me to keep quite. Sometimes I do because I understand that challenging authority is enervating and can cause harm. But I find both pleasure as well respect for holding my ground. Do you think this aspect also bleeds into my romantic expression?

This is very interesting because I do think I will enjoy that a lot.

I like how you somehow in one post gave me an existential crisis! Do I follow my heart or do I end up doing something which I will enjoy but at the cost of being fulfilled.
I do understand that it's not as dialectical as I am making it to be and that things can go in tandem.

However I have a question. My Saturn is in the second house in Aries although my second house cusp is Pisces. Shouldn't this somehow indicate that arts is something I should do given that 2nd house is Taurus/Venus ruled and that Pisces (artistic escapism) and Aries (lot of actors with this sign) are ruling my 2nd house?

I am a bit confused in that. Would it mean I would struggle there or that I will end up gaiang momentum albeit with delay?

But I find both pleasure as well respect for holding my ground. Do you think this aspect also bleeds into my romantic expression?

Yes, probably. :innocent:

That Pluto in your 10th is in a sextile with your Mars/Venus in Leo in the 7th. So it does connect up to your romantic relations in the 7th.
Do you feel the need to stand your ground in your romantic relationships as well?

Sometimes that messes things up as it gets volatile and even toxic iff it becomes too competitive or if you appear stubborn...

"I like how you somehow in one post gave me an existential crisis! Do I follow my heart or do I end up doing something which I will enjoy but at the cost of being fulfilled.
I do understand that it's not as dialectical as I am making it to be and that things can go in tandem. "

LOL< yes, it is an existential crisis, which is what one's birth chart usually describes. :tongue:

Yours is described by your Sag Moon in the 11th, which is the trigger of the T-square from Saturn and the Moon/Mercury in 8th.

The Moon represents our emotional fulfilment and our needs. Your Moon is being squared from two opposing directions:

The Saturn in Aries in the 2nd of financial security, and the Sun/Mercury in Virgo, the skilled craftsman.

So both of those things are very important to you. Your talents and skills as well as financial stability. The crisis is about trying to balance them and have both in your life.

"My Saturn is in the second house in Aries although my second house cusp is Pisces. Shouldn't this somehow indicate that arts is something I should do given that 2nd house is Taurus/Venus ruled and that Pisces (artistic escapism) and Aries (lot of actors with this sign) are ruling my 2nd house? "

This^^^ is a very good astrological delineation. I agree, but we also have to add SATURN to the mix. Saturn=the obstacle/the test

The cusp is Pisces, so your 2nd House of 'Values/Self Worth' includes artistic appreciation and creative gifts. But embedded within that Pisces cusp is Saturn, in Aries.

Your Saturn aspects virtually every planet in your chart. The only 2 it does not directly aspect are Mercury and Neptune, but both of them are conjunct planets that are aspecting Saturn.

AND Saturn is the funnel to your bucket chart. Saturn is a singleton, as it is the only planet below the horizon. All of this together, being a singleton, a funnel and aspecting every planet in your chart, makes Saturn very prominent and strong in your chart.

So your urge for creativity, with Pisces on your 2nd, and Mars/Venus angular in Leo, and in a FIRE GRAND TRINE, is very strong and auspicious. But Saturn also anchors those urges and delays or hampers some of those attempts.

You could make a strong attempt at becoming an actor or an artist if you feel strongly enough that it is doable and possible. You would have to be totally committed and serious but it is possible.

But that Saturn in the 2nd tells me that you would feel better about it if you had some kind of stable way of making money at the same time. Maybe find a job that allows you to do both?

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
First of all it's amazing how deep your analysis is. If you are looking for an apprentice let me know :biggrin::biggrin:
I don't have any plans for formal apprenticeship, but I am available for online mentoring through my practice. If you want to explore that, reach out through my website. The link is in my signature.

If I ma being frank I hate the tension between my sun and moon. It really drives me nuts. As someone who has both fire moon and sun how do you go about making decisions.
Probably similar to you. I also have a lot of earth in my chart. You have a fire/earth chart yourself. It's perhaps more blatant in your case, because of that tight sun/moon square, but fire needs freedom and earth needs stability. Those needs tend to conflict.
There is a strong desire on my part to behave in ways that may seem Saggitarian. And often times I think there are hardly so any Virgo qualities that comes to the fore when someone interacts with me. In fact my Leo is probably more visible than my Virgo!(I love it!)

In fact a lot of people have told me on my face if I an an Aquarius which is lovely but no one wildly thinks of me as a Virgo.
All of your earth sign placements are in water houses (the eighth and twelfth. Fourth is also a water house, but you have no placements there). That makes them more personal and less readily apparent to others. Meanwhile, your fire sign placements are in air houses, which are the social houses. They will show up in how you interact with others. People are most likely to notice that and the characteristics of your Aquarius ascendant. Your Aquarian-ness is probably all the more obvious for having Uranus at your ascendant.

I guess what I am trying to say is perhaps I tend to be more fire sign-ish. This brings me to a desire that I should take efforts to hone in my fire skills and pre-occupations. However they say you mature into your Sun sign so I was thinking if tending to my moon makes sense or is it a phase. Have you gone through somehting similar as a Sag moon?
You're asking if you should leap before you actually do it. That shows some earth sign caution in you. And wanting to do an MFA and engage with the theoretical side of arts sounds very Virgo to me.

You are living your sun sign. You're just living it in the way that fits with your chart.

Harmelia

Hey y'all. I am trying to figure things out for myself. I don't know which career to go to at all. In fact I feel unfit for a regular job. I am drawn to more artistic activities like acting, writing and painting. But don't know if these are just hobbies or they have the potential to be a profession for me. Anyone has any views?

I have added both my western as well as vedic chart.

https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?;nhor=1

[FONT=&quot]Hello hummhumm69,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I see you've gotten quite a response already - and I didn't read through the discussion. Just thought I'd add my two cents. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My first thought was that Clint Eastwood - famous actor, writer, director - had Saturn in Capricorn in the 2nd house with Sag on the cusp of it. HE made tons of money doing his "thing". His Saturn was the handle of a bucket, like your chart pattern. However, your charts are of course unique in other ways. With a bucket pattern, all the planetary energies in the chart are funneled through the handle. In your case, the handle is in the house of money. So I think it is possible for you to make money in whatever you choose to do.

You have South Node conjunct your Saturn, so it can indicate that having money or not having was a wound in your past life that you carry forward. Saturn in Aries is a bit hard on Saturn in how it functions. Aries is speedy and Saturn likes to take it slow and steady. I'd say though, that you have an independent streak that won't quit. You've also got Uranus on your Aquarius ASC - more independence - more I've got to be me - more unconventional. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]With your MC – 10th house of career – in Scorpio, Mars is the traditional ruler and it is in Leo with Venus in the 7th house. I’d say that is good for doing anything creative. You like to be in the limelight – and to create and express and have fun doing it. You’ll want to do it your way – like Clint Eastwood – do something that is different. The challenge is engaging with others in a way that works for you. I mean, if you’re an actor – you’ll have to tune into the other actors and the mood and the character you’re playing. You can’t just be YOU. If this is difficult for you, you could do stand-up comedy – and then it’s all you. You see what I mean? Part of what you’re here to do in this lifetime, is to loosen up on your commitment to individualism – to pay more attention to other people and have more empathy with them. You might be able to succeed even if you don’t manage to fulfill this goal – because you could be an artist, writer or some other creative type without having to bother with other people. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BUT, you do need to have a sense of what people like and why if you want to sell what you do. You do need other people to buy it – to want it – to relate to it. So, regardless, there is a need to expand your field of awareness to be more cognizant of other people’s needs, wants, desires, interests, etc. I think you can do this! I do think you can make a career in a creative field. There are no guarantees, but to me, it looks like you have talent, inventiveness and drive – to succeed. I suppose the question is – if you don’t choose a creative field of endeavor, how will you feel about yourself? [/FONT]

Last edited:

kshantaram

Premium Member
Western segment :

Acquarius ascendant, airy, uncertain, mystic, reformist, scientific thinking;

asc lord sat debilated aries 2nd and retro with ketu separative SNode,
earnings through own efforts in distant lands and delayed;
aptitude for mechanics-gas cutting-fabrication work, social work;

Ketu aries 2nd, hyper-impulsive speech, detachment from family-finances;
pain-injury-surgery throat-teeth-head inflammations to care;
sudden changes in life; perform homa-fire worship for ketu;
light a til oil diya for Lord Ganesha tuesday mornings;

Ketu coming 1.5yr transit moon sag 11th, detachment from
mother-income-gains-friendships;
pain-injury-surgery arms-shoulders-ears-heart-lungs-thighs etc to care;

saturn aspect own capricorn 12th supportive of foreign-distant lands;
debilation of jup cancelled, gradual improvement in teaching-advisory roles;
2/11 lord jup over cap 12th for finances through foreign lands gradually though;
jup elevated aspect cancer 6th supportive of employment, health care etc;
wear yellow sapphire over pendant touching heart;
donate yellow chanadal at Kali temple thurs after sunset every birthday;

6th lord moon cancer over sag 11th, income-gains through extra efforts;
moon sag philosophical, optimistic, ambitious, sportive, impulsive;
gains through traditional medicine-teaching-law, govt;
wear pearl over silver pendant for gains;

Libra-venus badhaka-inimical for acq asc, stress-delays in luck-edu-travels;

Inimical Venus-mars lords 9/10 over leo 7th,
luck-prosperity after marriage but under stress-delays;
relationship by mere attractions to care;

mars-venus artistic, financial, aptitudes, electronics-mechatronics-meditronics;
prone to heart-stomach-abdominal-kidney inflammations;

mars aspect own scorpio 10th supportive of research-occult-forensic aptitudes,
but not good for healthy relationship with boss;
Mars 10th lord over 7th, supportive but dominating spouse;

wear 0.25 carat diamond over platinum pendant for inimical venus leo;

jup-sat now 2yrs transit acq asc, research-advisory-trainer-public admin roles;
sat transit opp mars-venus 7th, strained health and relationship to care;

Mercury lord 5th with sun lord 7th over virgo 8th, mercury elevated virgo,
prosperity through literary-oratory-intellectual-astro aptitudes,
critical thinking, good for audit-editorial-quality management roles; success amidst adversity;

mercury debilated aspect over pisces 2nd for finances;
sun lord 2nd over 8th, sickness for spouse
;

retro saturn towards pisces 2nd opp sun-mercury,
strained family-finances and relationship with father probably, and
chronic health issues, heart-stomach-intestinal-hips-feet-throat-teeth etc;
observe fast sat evenings;

Natal rahu NNode libra 8th, foreign travels, learning public relations,
toxic chronic health issues kidneys-urological etc;

rahu now transit friendly gemini 5th for f
foreign education-relationship-business analytics-foreign instrumental music etc;

Sat aries opp rahu, rise-fall in life, prayers for ancestors,
observe fast Amavasya- No moon evenings,
wear brown gomedh-hessonite over pendant touching heart;
observe death anniversaries religiously;
serve-donate at old age homes and old people in family-society;

Hope inputs enable reflect and pick judicially,
share how true traits-talents-heath-life trends-remedies-agenda for action etc etc,

wishing you well,

JYOTISHBHUSHAN SHANTARAM
www.shantaram.online

Last edited: