"Beauty" in natal chart?

sibylline

1. row a:Male Model Looks Aries , b:Black model looks Capricorn , c:Looks earth sign, d:Libra + fire sign and a water sign

2. row a:Capricorn+Aquarius looking , b:Water sign look especially Scorpio , c.:Libra+Water sign , d:Air sign +virgo

3. row a: Capricorn+Cancer , b:Fire sign , c: is the same person as 1b , d:Water sign look.

1B and 3C are not the same person. Lol, look at their ears, eyebrows, nose, everything. :happy:

Good time to mention though that trying to figure which aspects could cause a person to be "universally" beautiful is a losing endeavor because the people in the OP, save for a couple, look like everyday average folks to me with studio lighting and make-up. And I'm likely not the only who thinks so.

conspiracy theorist

Saturn rules skin, teeth and bones.If its not afflicted, can give good skin beautiful teeth and a symmetrical face.

So are you saying that universally an unafflicted Saturn will give facial symmetry, good skin and teeth? Even if Saturn has nothing to do with appearance in the chart? (e.g Capricorn of Aquarius Rising)

To me, the 1st statement is too general and broad to be useful and as to the second statement, I know of 2 examples off the bat where the natives had unafflicted Saturns that were geared towards the appearnce and had teeth problems -- one specifically had an Aquarius rising with Venus sextiling Saturn and while she is a cute lady, she had issues with her teeth and her bone structure isn't spectacular.

Most of the time, a harsh aspect from a malefic will be a negative thing. For instance, many of the people I've seen on this forum with issues surrounding relationships had Saturn square their Venus.

I've got Venus-Saturn and Venus-Uranus both squared. I'm f*****. Although I've read the two can be good for each other. Certainly I've felt the effects of Saturn with my social awkwardness, although it's also in Sagittarius in the 3rd house. Great. I'm just a lucky so-n-so.

demetraceres

It's interesting to see so many discussions about venus-saturn aspects in this thread. When I have in other thread asked about my triple saturn-venus-mercury conjunction, there was less interest, but maybe because question was about emotional issues not about beauty :whistling:.

My only experience is that this planets in the first house can manifest in so many different ways at different people that I can't make any conclusion.

In theory there are some appearance issues connected with hard Saturn-Venus aspects. It is said that people with Venus in opposition or square to Saturn might either downplay their physical appearance or pay excessive attention to it. I couldn't find any theories for the conjunction, however. I just know for myself that I didn't pay much attention to appearance, I was simply indifferent. Anyway, I do relate much to the emotional part of the Saturn-Venus conjunction. It would be interesting to see how it works in others.

When it comes to the question of beauty and appearance, it has always played certain role in people's lives (we can't say it's unimportant). But in today's consumer society and flood of commercials, it is becoming an obssesion. It seems like appearance is everything. It's quite frightening.

Last edited:

david starling

It's interesting to see so many discussions about venus-saturn aspects in this thread. When I have in other thread asked about my triple saturn-venus-mercury conjunction, there was less interest, but maybe because question was about emotional issues not about beauty :whistling:.

My only experience is that this planets in the first house can manifest in so many different ways at different people that I can't make any conclusion.

In theory there are some appearance issues connected with hard Saturn-Venus aspects. It is said that people with Venus in opposition or square to Saturn might either downplay their physical appearance or pay excessive attention to it. I couldn't find any theories for the conjunction, however. I just know for myself that I didn't pay much attention to appearance, I was simply indifferent. Anyway, I do relate much to the emotional part of the Saturn-Venus conjunction. It would be interesting to see how it works in others.

When it comes to the question of beauty and appearance, it has always played certain role in people's lifes (we can't say it's unimportant). But in today's consumer society and flood of commercials, it is becoming an obssesion. It seems like appearance is everything. It's quite frightening.

In the 1960's there was a short-lived trend to consider "inner-beauty" more important than outward appearance. There are still many, myself included, who feel that way. The media is $$$-driven, and there are huge profits to be made from convincing people they need to improve their appearance by buying products and even resorting to plastic-surgery.
Missed your Thread, and I'm interested in your experience with that Conjuntion, so I'll check it out!

Last edited:

Melaike

So are you saying that universally an unafflicted Saturn will give facial symmetry, good skin and teeth? Even if Saturn has nothing to do with appearance in the chart? (e.g Capricorn of Aquarius Rising)

No, I don't look at certain planet's position to find the beauty in people's chart.I'm saying that every planet in the first house or making aspect to ASC can give beauty.Also every sign can give beauty of their own.

To me, the 1st statement is too general and broad to be useful and as to the second statement, I know of 2 examples off the bat where the natives had unafflicted Saturns that were geared towards the appearnce and had teeth problems -- one specifically had an Aquarius rising with Venus sextiling Saturn and while she is a cute lady, she had issues with her teeth and her bone structure isn't spectacular.

I didn't get it.Does she have Venus or Saturn in the first house ?

1B and 3C are not the same person. Lol, look at their ears, eyebrows, nose, everything. :happy:

They both look Capricorn influenced :smile:

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

No, I don't look at certain planet's position to find the beauty in people's chart.I'm saying that every planet in the first house or making aspect to ASC can give beauty.Also every sign can give beauty of their own.

You call it "beauty" but I'd say that every planet simply affects the appearance when in aspect to the ascendant. Someone may be beautiful and happen to have Saturn in the 1st but I disagree that it is Saturn himself that makes the beauty manifest.

I didn't get it.Does she have Venus or Saturn in the first house ?

Saturn rules the first house and it is unafflicted with a nice sextile from a domiciled Venus. I don't use Uranus as a domicile ruler but it happens to be conjunct the ascendant. (she is pretty laid back and conventional)

Horus

Well I guess one of the inherent problems to arguing which planets or aspects confer beauty is in the definition itself. This tends to be subjectively determined, as commonly said in the old "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" proverb. And by what (often cultural-specific) standards do we judge it? I recall old Polynesian societies that considered obesity beautiful!

At the same time, many of us adhere to a more common and consensus definition of the term. For my Venus list above, I'm going by a basically Western, perhaps more superficial view (right or wrong). And from that standpoint I don't think Saturn or any other malefic does much for beauty in a general sense.

Last edited:

Horus

Who wrote that? I have the opposition and I don't do either.

Save

Melaike

You call it "beauty" but I'd say that every planet simply affects the appearance when in aspect to the ascendant. Someone may be beautiful and happen to have Saturn in the 1st but I disagree that it is Saturn himself that makes the beauty manifest.

I say every planet can positively affect appearance.

Saturn rules the first house and it is unafflicted with a nice sextile from a domiciled Venus. I don't use Uranus as a domicile ruler but it happens to be conjunct the ascendant. (she is pretty laid back and conventional)

Aquarius' and Capricorns look different.So when you use Saturn as Aquarius' ruler you shouldn't expect it to behave like its Capricorn's ruler.

conspiracy theorist

I say every planet can positively affect appearance.

Okay

Aquarius' and Capricorns look different.So when you use Saturn as Aquarius' ruler you shouldn't expect it to behave like its Capricorn's ruler.

This sounds like a copout. Saturn's rulership of both signs makes it pertinent to the appearance of both if it is geared towards the first house. The other person who I mentioned has a Capricorn rising with an unfflicted Saturn and he has teeth issues as well, in direct contradiction with what you stated previously about Saturn giving good teeth etc if unafflicted.

david starling

Okay

This sounds like a copout. Saturn's rulership of both signs makes it pertinent to the appearance of both if it is geared towards the first house. The other person who I mentioned has a Capricorn rising with an unfflicted Saturn and he has teeth issues as well, in direct contradiction with what you stated previously about Saturn giving good teeth etc if unafflicted.

The Signs are about quality of expression. So, Saturn expresses different qualities in Aquarius compared to it's being in Capricorn.

conspiracy theorist

The Signs are about quality of expression. So, Saturn expresses different qualities in Aquarius compared to it's being in Capricorn.

The original argument was that Saturn can confer beauty; what it does or doesn't do in a specific sign isn't what I'm disputing.

And still, I don't believe this applies because in both examples, Saturn is neither in Capricorn nor Aquarius.

Horus

The original argument was that Saturn can confer beauty; what it does or doesn't do in a specific sign isn't what I'm disputing.

And still, I don't believe this applies because in both examples, Saturn is neither in Capricorn nor Aquarius.

It was that Venus-Saturn aspects confer beauty. Venus does rule beauty but what is it beautifying in Saturn? Beauty is something which is perceived by others so bones don't count, maybe some of the visible teeth might in a smile (IF the native is in a culture with dentistry and dental hygiene), and perhaps make beautiful skin which is what exactly? Clear? So someone with clear skin is thus beautiful? :unsure:

Unless Saturn is the ruler of a Cap or Aqua Asc, it's (positive) aspect with Venus really won't be doing a whole lot to beautify the native.

conspiracy theorist

It was that Venus-Saturn aspects confer beauty.

You're right it was, but I personally jumped in the fray when "all planets can confer beauty" was stated. If ALL planets can mean or do the SAME THINGS, then what's the point of having all these different significations for the planets and signs?

Venus does rule beauty but what is it beautifying in Saturn? Beauty is something which is perceived by others so bones don't count, maybe some of the visible teeth might in a smile (IF the native is in a culture with dentistry and dental hygiene), and perhaps make beautiful skin which is what exactly? Clear? So someone with clear skin is thus beautiful? :unsure:

I guess on some higher perceptive plain the functions of karmic justice, trials and tribulations, death, oppression, responsibility and duties can have a certain beauty to it, but will that transfer into the beauty that would make people desire to befriend/approach/copulate/adore you? I think it's best if we remain true to the symbols lest our accuracy suffer as a result.

I would like to add my own bit. I'm going to talk about the Venus-Uranus and Venus-Saturn in my own chart, not because I liken myself to being beautiful enough to be mentioned in a post about beauty, but because I have a realistic perspective.

First of all, comparing the fact my sister has Saturn on the first house and I have Saturn-Venus square (my Saturn is in he third house but for this intent I will be comparing these two particular aspects.)

My sister has Saturn in first house with libra rising Venus square ascendant. So she is very charming and has a beautiful appearance, although inherited a masculine type face shape which I believe is from Saturn in first house. This however is presented in a charming way nevertheless due to the Venus influence.

For my own influence, I also have libra rising but I have Venus square Saturn. I was an ugly-duckling until I reached 18+. There was a couple of mentions before from say my step-mum's mum, who said I would be pretty when I was older, but basically I have became more attractive as I've gotten older. I think this is from the Venus-Saturn influence, where beauty develops through time (not saying I'm beautiful but there's definetely been a change through time.)

Melaike

Okay

This sounds like a copout. Saturn's rulership of both signs makes it pertinent to the appearance of both if it is geared towards the first house.

Aquairus doesn't rule bones ,skin and teeth like Capricorn.It's unnecessary to check out Saturn for an Aquarius rising person's appearance.Plus Saturn change signs in 2,5 years.

The other person who I mentioned has a Capricorn rising with an unfflicted Saturn and he has teeth issues as well, in direct contradiction with what you stated previously about Saturn giving good teeth etc if unafflicted

Rising sign and first house affects your health, it's true.Also Saturn can give a chronic desease when it's in the first house , it's true again.Stress may affect Capricorn rising people's teeth, skin and bones likewise an Aries rising person' will have headaches, a Cancer rising will have stomach problems under stress.

A Gemini rising people may use her/his hands effectivly but she might also have health problems about her/his hands.It's not a contradiction.

I think this is from the Venus-Saturn influence, where beauty develops through time (not saying I'm beautiful but there's definetely been a change through time.)

totally agree

Last edited:

LyP

that kind of person do better in photos may be an explanation. after all, we are in the Age of Aquarius
why a malefic planet could symbolize present beauty? I think the world is a bit then misrepresented, the more "evil", "sexy" and "mysterious" you seem, the more cool you are

looks like nowadays people prefer villains that the good guys, I find it so stupid
My Sagittarius venus prefer angelic beauty

I see the world very black on white,good or bad, people do not know what they get themselves,they just remember that evil is really evil, when a relative dies,or they get a disease or suffers an accident etc ...
I mean... know a guy who started using drugs just because it was "cool" and now he's addicted

omg, I swerved fully the subject