Am I missing something?

Citri

First off, hello everyone! I'm new to the community and hope to stick around for a while.

I have been interested in astrology for a few years now and I've read many things about many placements and aspects. Still, I find that what I consider to be main aspects of my personality are not reflected in my chart. Or, perhaps I am missing something.

I would describe myself as logical, practical, down-to-earth, silly, and open-minded. Negatively, I can be controlling, apathetic, stubborn, and insensitive (mostly accidental).

That's just a very brief overview of my personality and, yes, you can even say that that's not enough to go off of.

I will post my chart below. I would appreciate any general interpretations or interpretations that would perhaps help me relate a little to my chart based on the traits mentioned above. I will unabashedly admit that I really enjoy talking about myself, so any further questions would be great as well. ; )

And, if synastry charts are more your thing, I'd always be interested to hear some positive things about my fiance and I. Astrology doesn't seem to favor our placements together. Of course, I know when I'm asking for too much, so I won't post his chart or a synastry chart unless asked to.

Thanks in advance and, while a bit late, I hope everyone had a good holiday!

Attachments

• natal chart.png
    natal chart.png
    339.3 KB · Views: 40

waybread

Welcome, Citri.

With that moon-Mercury in Pisces sextile Neptune and trine Pluto, I'll bet you have a vivid imagination. Do you consider yourself to be highly intuitive about people, as well?

Citri

Welcome, Citri.

With that moon-Mercury in Pisces sextile Neptune and trine Pluto, I'll bet you have a vivid imagination. Do you consider yourself to be highly intuitive about people, as well?

Hi. Thank you for indulging me!

As for creativity or imaginative, I've actually never considered myself these. I think that has to do with events of my childhood, and then continuing to feel overshadowed by peers. I also can't remember a time when I've used intuition. Body language, experiences, and some logic has done me pretty well with understanding people and situations.

Can you see why I'm having some trouble relating to my chart? I have that innocent, child-like look and kindness of pisces, but, it's like, is that all? I often feel like there should be more earth or air in my chart. I suppose if you look at natal charts in a "this is how you COULD turn out" way, then I don't need to be able to relate much to it. Still, it makes me feel a disconnect with astrology. I think I will try getting more in to progressed charts.

Thank you again for responding. It is much appreciated. :sideways:

kimbermoon

Your 'persona' is generally a mixture of the energies of your Sun, Moon and Rising sign. It will be then modified by the aspects made to each one.
Your combo then is Sun in Pisces, Moon in Pisces with Taurus Rising. Both Sun and Moon in Pisces would add emphasis to that energy expression [water], however Taurus would give you more grounding and practicality.

The sextile between Sun and the ASC would be expected to allow for more harmony between the earth and water energies, bringing out more of the good qualities of each sign.

The Sun was separating from a square with Pluto, an aspect associated with power and control issues instilled from your early upbringing; possibly indicating a controlling, authoritative father.

-controlling, insensitive: Capricorn and the other earth signs are often the source of insensitivity; you have Capricorn MC; the Taurus energy can sometimes be more concerned with 'self' and is known for being stubborn in terms of having fixed opinions and ideas.

Lack of sensitivity can be associated with afflictions to the water energies in the chart. Note that your Mars in Cancer is under the heavy affliction of the t-square involving the opposition between Venus and Jupiter.
Venus in Aries expresses in an assertive manner and can come across as being quite arrogant in terms of relating with others. Jupiter can show poor judgment in dealing with others.

It is common for us to see ourselves quite differently from how we are perceived by others, as triggered by the Sun. The true self is more accurately described by the Moon sign, representing the inner world that is triggered by the emotions and imprinted reactivity. In this case, both are in Pisces, which can make you feel somewhat more vulnerable on the inside, and thus prone to building up your exterior defenses, as shown by your Pluto in Scorpio.

Just some thoughts to ponder...

waybread

Hey, no problem. I didn't say that I would see you as especially creative.

I would see you as intuitive and having a strong imagination. Are you able to sense what people are thinking and feeling even when they don't say anything and appear stoic? Many of us can't. Many imaginative people do not manifest their fantasies and daydreams in an exterior way. I once knew a Piscean person who had a very practical job, but her idea of a relaxing weekend was sleeping in and reading science fiction in bed. For someone else, they may be able to visualize goals and problems differently than a standard by-the-book approach.

Moon Pisces people are often very good dancers, whether they've had any lessons or not, because they can just feel the music (and Pisces rules the feet.)

Too often, popular astrology gives us a list of static personality traits, as though this were the sum total of what astrology has to offer. You know: Librans are lazy and Aquarians love electronics. I prefer a dynamic, choice-centered approach to natal chart interpretation. You are a work in progress, with developmental goals, assets, and issues: not a grocery list of this 'n' that.

I highly recommend: Steven Forrest, The Inner Sky. You can find it at amazon and many New Age Book Stores.

waybread

BTW, one thing I just noticed is that, in addition to those T-squares, you have a Thor's Hammer formation pointing to your Mars in Cancer in the 3rd house. Were you quite the handful as a little kid, in terms of excess energy or temper tantrums? If you have any siblings, how did you get along? Mars is quite a focalizer, as the apex of both the Thor's Hammer (Saturn square Pluto, both sesqui-square Mars) and your T-square involving Venus, Jupiter, and Mars. Sun trine Mars people are usually high-energy.

So what I mean by a dynamic approach to astrology, is that if your innate assertiveness and aggression cause you difficulties, Mars also rules athletes; and an athletic activity is generally a good way to blow off steam.

But here's the kicker about the chart that doesn't fit, beyond simply benefitting from more reading beyond planets-in-signs. Sometimes people don't see themselves in portions of their horoscope, yet they tend to attract to themselves people who exemplify the more negative aspects of planets they've "disowned."

I don't know if this fits your experience, but I was struck by your describing yourself as "logical, practical, down-to-earth, ....stubborn, and insensitive (mostly accidental)."

Since Mercury is your logical function; and not only is it in the watery sign of Pisces but conjunct your moon (feelings, emotions,) I expected an imaginative, empathic sort of person. But in a negative way, the Pisces Mercury-Moon person could be seen as too emotional and scattered a thinker: someone who is disorganized and incapable of focusing on the job at hand. So sometimes we "disown" the unwanted planetary energies, and then wonder why our office mate can't be more efficient and task-oriented. She begins to get under our skin, yet when we try to think of why, the reasons may seem petty.

This is because the chart will "out" in some fashion, and the parts of it that we don't express constructively within ourselves may show up in the types of people we attract to us.

Alternatively, the moon says something about how we experience our mother, our childhood home or the type of home we want to create as we mature. With that watery moon-Mercury trine Pluto in Scorpio, you might really enjoy living by the ocean, raising an aquarium of tropical fish, or something else in keeping with those placements.

A really good astrologer could nail all this correctly the first time, but I am neither intuitive nor professional, so I look at horoscope placements as kind of a puzzle. If the pieces don't fit correctly on the first try, turn them around or move them laterally a bit, and see whether you can't get a fit with both the person's life experience and what the horoscope is saying.

Last edited:

dowhanawi

In your chart you are missing something, two something's: your Aries & Libra are incepted (they are not on any house cusp) which means Gemini & Sag are duplicate (cusp of 2 house signs. Internally Libra in 6 & Aries in 1 are in a struggle with in you. With Aries you might not lbiq how to express aggression or act. And that in your first House. It might at times just explode out of you (aggression - which doesn't have to be physical, but that unintentional insensitive thing, or action - rushing into something without thinking).
Libra incepted in 6, you might have issues if balance. Either seeing others as below you in a job sense or maybe relationships, but more likely jobs. Or you are seen as below people. The servant. The one they send for coffee.

I notice it us air you feel isn't shown in hour chart as you feel it and air in this struggle with Libra incepted and Gemini duplicate. Maybe it's cuz you are exploding air trying to deal with it?

So Gemini & Sag are part if the way out. The each rule two houses, so you might feel extra gem & sag from that. Use them. Study & talk, play & plan, especially in things effected by Libra and Aries.

You also use Venus & Mars and their aspects. Unfortunately Venus is within the sag inception, so yea you might come off as cool, or logical by having Venus locked away. But Venus is in grand cross formation with mars, Neptune and Jupiter (sadly also locked in the inception). Plus waybread noticed a thors hammer with mars. Use that, and work on the energies from the grand cross.

Hope that helps see where this comes from. Basically you have air and fire duplicated and incepted. You feel it but it is also not there. Gem and sag duplicated makes sense with how you describe yourself too. As for earth: you have Neptune and Uranus conjunct MC in cap, you got earth in you for sure.

Citri

Wow, thanks guys. I reached a point in the last year or two where I wasn't learning anything new astro wise, so it's a good feeling to learn something new. Sometimes it's hard to see the bigger picture.

For instance, I knew my mars in cancer was apart of the t-square, but I didn't think about how that specifically would influence myself. So, thank you for bringing that to my attention Kimber. I also had never heard of vulnerability when it comes to same sun and moon sign. But, that does make a bit of sense.

And waybread, if I know the person even a little, I can make pretty good guesses as to what they're feeling or the reasons behind their actions. However, there's always clues, like body language. This topic makes me remember how in my past, I did used to be good at guessing things without any hints...perhaps intuition. From what I can recall, they were more solid things like answers to math problems rather than things like how someone feels. It's been a long time since anything of the sort has happened. I even forgot about that until now.

As for high energy, as a kid I did have a lot of energy. I'm not sure if that was just how I was or if it was due to having no one to play with (no siblings and older parents). I also was a crybaby and a spoiled brat. Haha. Thank you for mentioning the Thor's Hammer. I've never heard of that before. It appears there's not a lot of information on it, but what I read about it is sufficient. Something about receiving criticism?

And yes, I think criticizing others for traits I've thrown away is likely something I do on occasion. Your example reminded me about a situation that was very similar to what you described. Also, my partners have all been really emotional, which is something I weeded out of my own personality. Although, scorpio is my descendant, which is where I believe some of that attraction at least comes from.

I did a lot of talking here, but what really matters and what I want to express is that I'm thankful that you guys have brought up new ideas and information for me to think about. It reiterates to me that I need to try harder to look at the big picture or to understand how things would affect people rather than just knowing what they are.

Citri

@donwhanawi, thanks for that explanation. I agree with a lot of what you said. I'm not sure if this is what you mean by 'you feel it but it's not there', but not too long ago I was trying to explain how I felt towards fire, or the lack of it, in my chart. I used aries as an example, since some of my placements are close to being in aries. I feel that energy, like I could release it, but it's stuck beneath the surface, so to speak. I can't manifest fire traits very easily.

I'm still trying to fully process what you said about aries and libra intercepted, but I do think it fits.

Thank you for your insight!