False hope?

ElenaJ

I have to dig up my references, but what I recall is Pluto referring to "mixed", which could be variants that don't necessarily cover Black.
It could be Mongolian and Thai, Chinese and Japanese, just to give two off the top of my head examples.
The principle remains the same.

IleneK

Premium Member
Here is an interesting article about Pluto and racial identity:
https://theastrologyplacemembership.com/2011/04/plutos-shadow-and-the-black-man/

I once wrote somewhere on this blog about Liz Greene’s interpretation of Pluto in The Astrology of Fate as representing the black man. It was part of a dream analysis she was working through with a client. I also mentioned how astrologer Sue Tompkins related Pluto with the black culture:

Black Culture and Our Historical Roots

“White people who have black lovers often have Venus and especially Mars in aspect to their Pluto. In less enlightened times such intermingling was considered to be taboo. However, black people with white lovers do not on the whole have the same aspects. This leads me to believe that Pluto has a lot to do with the black culture itself. There is much evidence to support this view. For a start, there is no doubt that, right across the globe, black culture has been suppressed by white cultures. Also black people fared much better and gained greater political power when Pluto was in its own sign of Scorpio.” Sue Tompkins – The Contemporary Astrologers Handbook

Thank you for this, katydid.
My personal take is that Pluto has a lot to do with dominating/being dominated, harshness, and so on, whether because of race, ethnicity, gender, religion. I don't really see it as particular to race, but I am very open to hearing the thinking on it, because I can clearly be missing some point.

IleneK

Premium Member
I have to dig up my references, but what I recall is Pluto referring to "mixed", which could be variants that don't necessarily cover Black.
It could be Mongolian and Thai, Chinese and Japanese, just to give two off the top of my head examples.
The principle remains the same.
Thank you for your thoughts on this. It's more about being different than the dominant culture; mixing someone "other" with the dominant culture. I'll have to think about how Pluto's meaning of rising from the ashes of complete destruction might connect with this.

ElenaJ

Thank you for your thoughts on this. It's more about being different than the dominant culture; mixing someone "other" with the dominant culture. I'll have to think about how Pluto's meaning of rising from the ashes of complete destruction might connect with this.

Pluto is also uniqueness.

IleneK

Premium Member
Pluto is also uniqueness.

Please say more, if you like?
It is clear that I have a narrower understanding of Pluto's symbolism, born mostly from modern astrology's assignment of Pluto as ruler of Scorpio.

I am interested in the vein you are following, if you are inclined to say more...