Moon-Saturn aspects

druex

Whats your experience with Moon-Saturn people? Do they fit the cold and gloomy stereotype? What advice would you give a person with this aspect?

katydid

I have Moon conjunct Chiron, both in Capricorn, in the 8th house.

I am not usually gloomy but I do take things too seriously at times. And my husband and kids do say I can be a tad bit controlling...:innocent:

I do have Saturn in Libra, and praise the Lord it is not squaring the Moon/Chiron.

I think a Cap Moon is much more debilitated if there are Saturn afflictions as well.

It seems to me that one of the most difficult Moon/Saturn aspects is the applying conjunction, especially when angular.

My advice to Moon/Saturn types is to try and have a healthy outlet for the controlling, ambitious energy. Find a good way to use that energy as opposed to being controlling and invasive with partners and family.

Last edited:

druex

I have Moon conjunct Chiron, both in Capricorn, in the 8th house.

I am not usually gloomy but I do take things too seriously at times. And my husband and kids do say I can be a tad bit controlling...:innocent:

I do have Saturn in Libra, and praise the Lord it is not squaring the Moon/Chiron.

I think a Cap Moon is much more debilitated if there are Saturn afflictions as well.

It seems to me that one of the most difficult Moon/Saturn aspects is the applying conjunction, especially when angular.

My advice to Moon/Saturn types is to try and have a healthy outlet for the controlling, ambitious energy. Find a good way to use that energy as opposed to being controlling and invasive with partners and family.

*looks at chart* I have Moon/Saturn conjunct AND applying in Aquarius. Tight too, orb of 1. Lucky me :lol:

Like you, everything has a seriousness, especially my feelings. Almost demanding?

I'm definitely controlling at times, especially with the Leo/Scorpio influence in my chart

Last edited:

Rawiri

Generally speaking. But it can always be modified.

I have a Saturn conjunct moon in my 1st house (conjunct in declination within a degree too). But I also have Jupiter directly opposing my ascendant - that mitigates some of it, particularly on "first appearances."

Cold is likely, gloomy I think depends. Some people do show their gloominess and others end up "hiding it with a smile."

My advice for people with it (particularly conjunction, but also opposition, Saturn in Cancer etc - squares less so IMO) would be to take care of their emotional state. Learn to direct them in a good way and make a habit of it.

By doing things such as keeping a list of positive memories. Positive aspects about your life etc. Add to them daily.

Also be weary of not being adaptable to your life in the present. Avoid longing for something that is distant (either in space or time).

The emotional state is going to highly influence the health (for the worse) - many health problems tend to have a direct link to the emotions, especially for someone with that kind of affliction. So with those health issues work on emotions becomes very important.

Then there are various remedies that can be done for Saturn and the Moon, depending on the person and their willingness. Meditations, mantras, gems, charities etc.

AppLeo

Moon-Saturn is an interesting aspect. Even when Saturn makes positive aspects to the Moon it can still be pretty shitty. Saturn is like the most incompatible with Moon, besides the Sun.

If the Moon represents our comforts, security, and ultimately our emotions, then basically these people are pretty much rocks. They were never taught the value of emotions because they weren't nurtured by their mother (or maybe they were nurtured by their mother but they didn't get the message for whatever reason).

If they cried no one gave a ****. If they were happy, no one paid attention. So they're just like, "Well **** expressing how I feel, no one seems to care." Which is rather unfortunate. Because when they start to realize that emotions are an important part of relationships they have to work really hard to get it right. Saturn is teaching them a lesson of true feeling.

These people are afraid of emotions. There's something raw and frightening about emotions. They take emotions very very seriously. It's almost weird. When they express themselves it can appear robotic, or rigid. Like they're trying to get it right, but they just can't do it. It's like they need a rule book or something, but there's no resource available and it's hopeless.

One thing that you see in every person with a Saturn aspect to the moon is a fear of rejection. I mean everyone fears rejection, but rejection can literally kill these people. If they're rejected, don't expect them to express anything authentic for the next couple of years.

Because this fear is so intense, they often have a wall or veil concealing their true feelings. As Rawiri said, they can have a fake *** ******* smile, or just have a gloomy vibe.

I kind of see moon-saturn as a giant ball of water (for lack of a better analogy)...if they express even just a little piece of themselves – just one little leak, all hell will break lose and the water will just spill out right completely beyond their control (Saturn represents control), and if that happens they're totally *******. It's terrifying.

Which ultimately makes them seem limited emotionally.

It's not always true, but this aspect definitely has a reputation for being aloof and cold. It's kind of sad because they are the most hostile and reserved during the times they need love and acceptance the most. And often they pick the wrong people to express their feelings to. Usually because there's an unconscious need to mend that broken connection between the mother or guardian with the new relationship. They pick the very people that have gooey wasted and intoxicating emotions, only to be rejected by those same people. And it's no wonder these people can appear so closed off. They are essentially protecting themselves from the chaotic world of feelings.

And also since Saturn is like the scientific planet, these people don't see any real reason to express emotions. They just can't understand why anyone would want to deal with them. You can ask them how they feel about a situation and they'll something logical about whether what happened in the situation was right or wrong, but they'll never actually express what's going inside of them.

The Moon is kind of like the child inside of us. It's that soft squishy part. When you have Saturn there, it becomes hard and calloused. These people don't have any squishy spots. When you can't be a squishy child, you're seen as a parent.

And this is often seen in Saturn-Moon aspects. When they are young, they take on the parent role because their parents are spineless weaklings. The child is just like, well if I'm crying, and the parent decides to cry as well instead of taking care of me, both of us are gonna go down, so I better take on the more mature role. You will see many instances where the child will comfort and baby the parent rather than the parent caring for the child. Which is really weird and messed up, but that's what Saturn does to people.

Thankfully I have a Moon trine Saturn rather than a square, but Jesus... I can name so many instances where I've had to babysit my own father. I remember multiple times I'd be at a restaurant and I'd have to tell my dad to stop drinking because he's making an *** out of himself. And I'd be like 13. Like really? And there were many instances in our family where my dad would get into these petty fights with my sister. It was almost as though my dad became my sister's brother and I became my sister's father. My dad was like a brother to me than a father. He'd give me **** magazines and be like check this out bro, and he'd make all kinds of racist or sexist jokes that were just not funny and I'd have to play the adult by telling him to stop. I love my dad, no doubt, but wow. Oh the irony, it's Father's Day tomorrow too.

I don't know if this is cuz of my virgo moon or Capricorn rising, but I'm utterly reserved. I'm horrible at opening up to people. It's like opening a box in the mail, with another box inside of that box. And then you open that box to open another box... you just never get to the center.

And I've noticed that I talk in a monotone voice when I'm too busy to "pretend" to express my emotions. People pick up on this and mock me for talking so seriously, but like oh well. Sorry.

They're just like, "Hi, what's up bro??"

I'm like, "Hey -_-" It's not even on purpose, it just happens.

Sometimes I wish I had a magic sign above my head that displayed the emotion I was feeling without actually having to express it. That would be amazing.

When I open a present, I don't have to show some lame smile and throw my arms in the air like some idiot; I can just sit with a straight face and the sign above my head would read, "happy."

One of my best friends has a Saturn-moon conjunction in Taurus and she eats like a beast. I mean, we went out to eat and she ordered a big steak and had extra fries, and drank like 3 cokes... It's so sad cuz her father isn't really present, and her mother is constantly on medication and needing help. And just in general, you know that she doesn't trust just anybody and she constantly has that "veil" or "wall" as a protection. You just get that vibe. Saturn-moon people overcompensate for their lack of feelings by eating food or collecting stuff.

Another example, that's fictional, is the movie I Am Sam. The little girl Lucy grows up constantly having to be the big girl because her father is just so hopelessly immature. One scene happens where he freaks out because he couldn't get the exact order he wanted for breakfast, and that little girl Lucy had to keep it together and play the mature one. It should've been the other way around where she should should throw a tantrum for not getting what she wanted. But no, she ordered her food like an adult and her father ordered his food like a child.

I think many moon-saturn people spend the first part of their life either struggling to build true authentic emotions, or they spend time accumulating money and power only to find that they still feel empty inside. Because they have emotions. They just don't know what to do with them. If they're sad they're not going to cry because they know that when they cried nothing really happened. So they learn to just shove it down. And when they cry again, it just becomes that much easier to just keep shoving it down to the point that they're practically robots.

On a more positive note, these people are dependable mothah foockin rocks. They've lived as an island for their entire lives, so they know how to live in the world rather isolated and depressed making them highly self-reliant and independent. You could strip them of all their comforts and security and it really wouldn't matter because they've never experienced true feelings. They've never achieved that squishiness.

Last edited:

AppLeo

Here's some good advice or positive quotes for these people.

7a3a755b8b10a7e847fae83251dca085.jpg

cc5d5cb49f7bb06fa9908da2b49e8823.jpg

3ba2074a5313d3a8db8972e158b217f5.jpg

050fba213697c111289754456f22045772cdae-wm.jpg

ANUP

Dear Friend

Saturn-Moon conjuction can delay your marriage,alliance etc.
This might give a feel of distraction from material world as well.

Saturn,being lord of Aqurious will be controlling Moon
which is lord of cancer sign.This effect will be stronger if Saturn and Moon
are in second house or in ninth house of a peron's chart.

Aspect of Saturn and Moon might be not so effective or could be having different influence.Saturn will enhance opposite sign's power.
I can write in detail but will stop here.

Regards
Anup
kascorner.com

GeminiSun

Dear Friend

Saturn-Moon conjuction can delay your marriage,alliance etc.
This might give a feel of distraction from material world as well.

Saturn,being lord of Aqurious will be controlling Moon
which is lord of cancer sign.This effect will be stronger if Saturn and Moon
are in second house or in ninth house of a peron's chart.

Aspect of Saturn and Moon might be not so effective or could be having different influence.Saturn will enhance opposite sign's power.
I can write in detail but will stop here.

Regards
Anup
kascorner.com
Very true about delays with me. Everything in my life seems to be on hold and delayed.

Sag Moon 2nd House Square Saturn
Also have it conjuncting Pluto

druex

Moon-Saturn is an interesting aspect. Even when Saturn makes positive aspects to the Moon it can still be pretty shitty. Saturn is like the most incompatible with Moon, besides the Sun.

If the Moon represents our comforts, security, and ultimately our emotions, then basically these people are pretty much rocks. They were never taught the value of emotions because they weren't nurtured by their mother (or maybe they were nurtured by their mother but they didn't get the message for whatever reason).

If they cried no one gave a ****. If they were happy, no one paid attention. So they're just like, "Well **** expressing how I feel, no one seems to care." Which is rather unfortunate. Because when they start to realize that emotions are an important part of relationships they have to work really hard to get it right. Saturn is teaching them a lesson of true feeling.

These people are afraid of emotions. There's something raw and frightening about emotions. They take emotions very very seriously. It's almost weird. When they express themselves it can appear robotic, or rigid. Like they're trying to get it right, but they just can't do it. It's like they need a rule book or something, but there's no resource available and it's hopeless.

One thing that you see in every person with a Saturn aspect to the moon is a fear of rejection. I mean everyone fears rejection, but rejection can literally kill these people. If they're rejected, don't expect them to express anything authentic for the next couple of years.

Because this fear is so intense, they often have a wall or veil concealing their true feelings. As Rawiri said, they can have a fake *** ******* smile, or just have a gloomy vibe.

I kind of see moon-saturn as a giant ball of water (for lack of a better analogy)...if they express even just a little piece of themselves – just one little leak, all hell will break lose and the water will just spill out right completely beyond their control (Saturn represents control), and if that happens they're totally *******. It's terrifying.

It's not always true, but this aspect definitely has a reputation for being aloof and cold. It's kind of sad because they are the most hostile and reserved during the times they need love and acceptance the most. And often they pick the wrong people to express their feelings to. Usually because there's an unconscious need to mend that broken connection between the mother or guardian with the new relationship. They pick the very people that have gooey wasted and intoxicating emotions, only to be rejected by those same people. And it's no wonder these people can appear so closed off. They are essentially protecting themselves from the chaotic world of feelings.

And also since Saturn is like the scientific planet, these people don't see any real reason to express emotions. They just can't understand why anyone would want to deal with them. You can ask them how they feel about a situation and they'll something logical about whether what happened in the situation was right or wrong, but they'll never actually express what's going inside of them.

The Moon is kind of like the child inside of us. It's that soft squishy part. When you have Saturn there, it becomes hard and calloused. These people don't have any squishy spots. When you can't be a squishy child, you're seen as a parent.

And this is often seen in Saturn-Moon aspects. When they are young, they take on the parent role because their parents are spineless weaklings. The child is just like, well if I'm crying, and the parent decides to cry as well instead of taking care of me, both of us are gonna go down, so I better take on the more mature role. You will see many instances where the child will comfort and baby the parent rather than the parent caring for the child. Which is really weird and messed up, but that's what Saturn does to people.

Thankfully I have a Moon trine Saturn rather than a square, but Jesus... I can name so many instances where I've had to babysit my own father. I remember multiple times I'd be at a restaurant and I'd have to tell my dad to stop drinking because he's making an *** out of himself. And I'd be like 13. Like really? And there were many instances in our family where my dad would get into these petty fights with my sister. It was almost as though my dad became my sister's brother and I became my sister's father. My dad was like a brother to me than a father. He'd give me **** magazines and be like check this out bro, and he'd make all kinds of racist or sexist jokes that were just not funny and I'd have to play the adult by telling him to stop. I love my dad, no doubt, but wow. Oh the irony, it's Father's Day tomorrow too.

I don't know if this is cuz of my virgo moon or Capricorn rising, but I'm utterly reserved. I'm horrible at opening up to people. It's like opening a box in the mail, with another box inside of that box. And then you open that box to open another box... you just never get to the center.

And I've noticed that I talk in a monotone voice when I'm too busy to "pretend" to express my emotions. People pick up on this and mock me for talking so seriously, but like oh well. Sorry.

Sometimes I wish I had a magic sign above my head that displayed the emotion I was feeling without actually having to express it. That would be amazing.

When I open a present, I don't have to show some lame smile and throw my arms in the air like some idiot; I can just sit with a straight face and the sign above my head would read, "happy."

One of my best friends has a Saturn-moon conjunction in Taurus and she eats like a beast. I mean, we went out to eat and she ordered a big steak and had extra fries, and drank like 3 cokes... It's so sad cuz her father isn't really present, and her mother is constantly on medication and needing help. And just in general, you know that she doesn't trust just anybody and she constantly has that "veil" or "wall" as a protection. You just get that vibe. Saturn-moon people overcompensate for their lack of feelings by eating food or collecting stuff.

Another example, that's fictional, is the movie I Am Sam. The little girl Lucy grows up constantly having to be the big girl because her father is just so hopelessly immature. One scene happens where he freaks out because he couldn't get the exact order he wanted for breakfast, and that little girl Lucy had to keep it together and play the mature one. It should've been the other way around where she should should throw a tantrum for not getting what she wanted. But no, she ordered her food like an adult and her father ordered his food like a child.

I think many moon-saturn people spend the first part of their life either struggling to build true authentic emotions, or they spend time accumulating money and power only to find that they still feel empty inside. Because they have emotions. They just don't know what to do with them. If they're sad they're not going to cry because they know that when they cried nothing really happened. So they learn to just shove it down. And when they cry again, it just becomes that much easier to just keep shoving it down to the point that they're practically robots.

On a more positive note, these people are dependable mothah foockin rocks. They've lived as an island for their entire lives, so they know how to live in the world rather isolated and depressed making them highly self-reliant and independent. You could strip them of all their comforts and security and it really wouldn't matter because they've never experienced true feelings. They've never achieved that squishiness.

Wow! Thank you AppleLeo. You pretty much hit every point.

belabismo

Re: Moon-Saturn aspec

Agree! I have Moon square Saturn. I don't think I'm afraid of emotions themselves but I don't like to share because it's was often met with either being ignored or reprimanded for feeling how I feel during my youth. Often was burdened with my mothers anxieties about her stress about work for one.

I'm 25 now and I've come to realize I'm a total workaholic like my mom. Also have Saturn in the 5th. I'm great at finances and saving money but I'm bad at having fun. Just quit my weekend job to try to force myself to learn how! :whistling:

AppLeo

Re: Moon-Saturn aspec

Agree! I have Moon square Saturn. I don't think I'm afraid of emotions themselves but I don't like to share because it's was often met with either being ignored or reprimanded for feeling how I feel during my youth. Often was burdened with my mothers anxieties about her stress about work for one.

I'm 25 now and I've come to realize I'm a total workaholic like my mom. Also have Saturn in the 5th. I'm great at finances and saving money but I'm bad at having fun. Just quit my weekend job to try to force myself to learn how! :whistling:

I'm glad you are making positive improvements in your life! :D

ablindplacebo

My friends think I'm a bit cold. I know I can be a bit aloof but half the time I'm not aware of how distant I'm being.

Ugh me too, moon opposite saturn and with my moon being in virgo I feel like it's difficult for me to express my emotions and I come off cold. When it's the complete opposite and I feel so much!! but it's probably a defense-mechanism being distant and stuff:pinched:

druex

I will say that this aspect does make you a tough cookie. I feel like I'm slowly but surely becoming a nice blend of sensitivity and strength.