Am I pregnant?!?

AineB

I'm wondering if I might not possibly be pregnant.. Some quick background info.. I am ONE fertile fanny! LOL! My daughter I became pregnant with while on the pill, my son I became pregnant with after they took me off the depo shot and put me back on the pill. My daughter has been in the hospital and I missed my depo shot. :rolleyes: I don't have periods because of the shot, so that doesn't really help in letting me know. Neither one of my children were planned and *just happened*.

bl.gif

Alrighty then.. so Leo on the Asc (natal placement), making the Sun me and it's sitting in the 11th in Cancer (my natal sun and placement). Sag on the 5th (hubby's sun sign) making Jupiter the ruler, and it's sitting in the 5th! I'm not sure if it makes a difference that Jupiter is actually in Cappy and retro though?! But if I'm looking to the aspects.. there's an opp between Sun and Jupiter; unplanned? A square between Moon and Jupiter, I'll take that as the same in some senses? And there's also a conj between Sun and Venus; me and hubby go back and forth about wanting another but I think we both secretly do. Everything *looks* to be in place, but I'm just not sure if I'm looking at the aspects correctly? I always have trouble deriving a "yes" or "no".. I swear I look at things too objectively. The funny thing is I looked up what could possibly be the due date and it's my son's bday!! :p What do y'all think?! Thanks guys!!!!

AineB

hmmmmm maybe not... phew!!!

William Lilly says, if Leo is in the Ascendant, "...she is not now or hardly after will be with Child." and also found...

Jupiter afflicted in the 5th house indicates that the woman is not pregnant or that the pregnancy will not be successful. The same if Venus is afflicted by Mars or Saturn, is under the Sun's beams or is combust. A fortune in the 5th house, however, mitigates unfortunate indications and improves the chance of a successful pregnancy.

starlink

Hi Aine, no I dont think you are. Jupiter is in fall in Capricorn and retro, Venus is under the Sunbeams, Moon is Peregrine and in face of Saturn (just) and to top it off, Moon will square Sun. So dont worry (or were you....??:))
I am ONE fertile fanny
So was I in my younger years, 2 kids, straight after the 1st try! Sorry, try??, I did not even have to!

]Cheers, Starlink

DiDi

hi anieB are you able to do timingwith horay, i wouldnt mind my post being looked over if you have time that is wouldnt be a huge thanks:)

cjc

Well, AineB,

1-What makes you ask this question...? You must have some physical reason. (Rhetoric question; I'll be a gentleman, and assume there's something)

2-When did this question first occur to you. I'll bet you were thinking about it for some time before you cast the chart. And I believe horary relies on the birth of the question, not the casting of the chart. Besides, you did some research to determine the possible date of birth. Before or after casting the chart (today)? (I attached a clearer horary copy)

3-If this chart is correct, it may be interesting because (all strictures aside) the last aspect is sextile Pluto; however, the last aspect to a traditional planet is square Mercury. May answer some questions

4-Starlink, As Jupiter is in his fall, does that mean every woman who aasks this question for thext several months is safe?

Ain't modern medicine great?

Didi-Check the Jonas method. http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/fertility-jonas-dicu.php
If you need your dates, PM me with your birth stats.

c

PS: You other guys do nice horary work. I'm jealous.

Last edited:

DiDi

cjc:) hi
id like to ask about your questions..if i may and thankyou in advance.

3. im not sure pluto is looked at mostly in horay, i think it depends in certain circumstances.

4. I think the same about jupiter retro.. there are many women getting pregnant while jupiter is in catricorn( not fertile) retro.
It would be great to get a answer to this one.

5. this jonas method is starting to get up my preverbial goat. others may think its good thats up to them, but i find most men like this idea as a viable one that works... not many of us girls think so, I brought it up in a conception support group a few of us tryed this and only bedded during the exact moments and on more than one occasion.... doesnt work!

cjc

Hi, Didi...

I don't like to use the outers for much more than natal house placement, aspects to the inners, and transits, but this is a topic which has been addressed in several horary posts I've seen here. As far as I'm concerned, if you did use them in horary, with Pluto where it is now, one out of every 2 or 3 questions would be decided by Pluto for months on end. And all the texts for this discipline were developed before discovery of the outers. Some horary texts I have read say use the last transit to the inners for the answer, flavored by the last transit to an outer. I wouldn't even consider using an outer for a ruler (of a sign, house or chart) for much the same type of reasoning.

I agree about Ju Rx in Cap for much of the same reasons as using the outers. It's there for too long a time, therefore answering every similar question the same. I'll admit to being no Lily, but where did this come from?

As far as Jonas, I don't know what to say. My kids were both born before I heard of this. (I should check the dates when hell froze over 9 months before they were born.) Perhaps "exact" is the key here? Allow some latitude because of inexact birthtimes? Calculations? (I know WinStar offers them) Disruptions in the normal cycle for numerous resaons? Should you only look at angularity as approaching or separating or both (giving 2 possibilities per month)? Male partner properly fertile at the right time? Looking at a stop watch when you should be focusing on other things? Or it's just not really that accurate? How did Jonas determine this? Ask every mother when conception occurred and they were all accurate? I checked Medline for articles in the medical literature that included sun+moon+conception and found nothing similar unless you count zebra fish. And for a concept to be accepted by the medical community, trials must be replicated using original criteria. I'll look into it further.

But right now, I think I'm going to look into the inside of my eyelids.

Have a great night.

c

DiDi

thanks cjc
your funny too:p great quality to have!

I read some more threads relating to this, Im starting to think its like the bible.. same text different interpetations:D

Iam not sucking AG.. but i understand your way of thinking to do with horay, and especially pregnancy as ive read more of these.
Im not a fan of what is fertile and what is not! It does not hold up in charts that the quierant has been pregnant. or maybe its the interpetation of these charts, that they need to be looked into deeper.. like say 5th H ruler is cap as in my situation on the other post.
cap is considered semi infertile, its ruler saturn in virgo right now supose to be barren but I have read a few pregnant women whom have this placement. so that doesnt fit..
maybe the overall plannets and rulers should be looked at?

1 more before i truley wear out my welcome here, :rolleyes: when you find your significator in a intersepted house.. what does that mean?
oh perhaps you could write that in my post as i think ive hyjacked this thread enough sorry AnieB... its kinda related though in the learning sense.:)

why would you do a horary to see if you are pregnant, when you can go to the chemist and get a test and know for sure?.... I've never understood why these questions come up and I guess I still dont....so please dont personal offence to this...cos its a common question on forums.

starlink

CJc
-Starlink, As Jupiter is in his fall, does that mean every woman who aasks this question for thext several months is safe?
Of course not CJC! We would get overpopulated it that were true. It is only in connection with this particular chart where we see Jupiter retro in the 5th house and also ruling the 5th house of pregnancy. Besides, this is an extra observation. The other one, the Moon-Sun square (Moon= pregnancy, Sun is the Querent) is far more indicative.
Starlink

starlink

Didi,

im not sure pluto is looked at mostly in horay,

Pluto is traditionally not at all looked at in Horary, but the modern approach (after all, we are living in 2008 and not in the 16th century anymore) does use the outer planets occasionally. Some astrologers always do, but I dont. I just look at them when they are very prominent, conjunct an angle and if they are rulers of Querent or Quisited, I look at them as a back-up, like a second ruler. Apart from that, like in this case, it does not represent anyone, nor is it angular, Pluto does not mean a thing.

1 more before i truley wear out my welcome here, :rolleyes: when you find your significator in a intersepted house.. what does that mean?
Intercepted houses is another one of those "do you use them or not in horary" questions. I personally do, because over and over again, it really gives me info. Main thing I find is, that the person, at the moment of the question, really feels stuck, with her or his back against the wall in a way, not knowing what to do next. I look also at the rulers of intercepted houses and use them as co-rulers of the house in question.

Starlink

Last edited:

DiDi

hi L2J
I guess people ask because, it a highly emotional issue and you have to wait untill your due to test, during that time, it can be quite testing and trying and most thoughts are on.. symptoms.. am i pregnant or not should i have this aspirin or not should i have that glass of champaign at the wedding.

also there is the case that many women have so called periods when in fact they are pregnant, there are many reasons why you should know as soon as possible for the health of the fetus.

also test can be non inclusive and happen unfortuanly quite a bit. so it can be a very trying time.

on my post i did the other day i knew i was not pregnant, i tested 3 times but i wanted to find out more about horay in timeing and about my question i posted.. still trying to learn from it, havent got any leads as yet:)

thankyou starlink, I understand what you said about intersepted houses

Last edited:

AineB

cjc said:
Well, AineB,

1-What makes you ask this question...? You must have some physical reason. (Rhetoric question; I'll be a gentleman, and assume there's something)

2-When did this question first occur to you. I'll bet you were thinking about it for some time before you cast the chart. And I believe horary relies on the birth of the question, not the casting of the chart. Besides, you did some research to determine the possible date of birth. Before or after casting the chart (today)? (I attached a clearer horary copy)

3-If this chart is correct, it may be interesting because (all strictures aside) the last aspect is sextile Pluto; however, the last aspect to a traditional planet is square Mercury. May answer some questions

4-Starlink, As Jupiter is in his fall, does that mean every woman who aasks this question for thext several months is safe?

Ain't modern medicine great?

Didi-Check the Jonas method. http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrology-articles/fertility-jonas-dicu.php
If you need your dates, PM me with your birth stats.

c

PS: You other guys do nice horary work. I'm jealous.

CJC-
1- Well of course there would be a reason!! ;)
2- This actual question is accurate as I haven't really had a reason to ask it since I've been on birth control. I did, however, a while back ask if I would have another child this year. But that was more or less just to see if there was a possibility and knew I would need to actually come off the birth control for that to happen. I actually looked up the birth info after the chart because I knew about the time I became pregnant with my son and was just curious if I WAS pregnant when the due date would be.. just what I need ANOTHER fire sign! ;)
3- I'm not sure if that would signify more of a surprise pregnancy?! The other 2 were! LOL!
4- HAHAHA.. wouldn't THAT be nice?!

LTJ-
One reason this topic might come up is that the hormones needed to test for pregnancy don't really get "stabilized" until weeks into the pregnancy, which is why so many false positive/negatives come about.

I was surprised this morning to see so many responses on here!! :)

AquariusT

My first answer was no. Moon leaving the 2nd, mars saturn ASC. and of course the barren sign of Leo housing the mars/saturn.

Btw where did you draw that chart up, if I may ask?