Sexual tension at work

Dr.Time

Hello respected astrologers,
Please excuse the unusual thread title, it just so happens that my current situation appears to be rather unusual.
I am not sure if it is it simply due to lust agitating my mind, or if my intuition is correct.

I have recently started working in a new work place with a woman who is much older than me and who happens to be in marital relationship. She strikes me as a uncanny yet very intelligent. She is my boss too, I should add.

I get the feeling she's attracted to me.
I see her as a sister, and would not want to move things further than a friendship, however I keep thinking physical contact may take place. Where I think this may be lust agitating my mind is that I partially enjoy the prospect of contact.

:biggrin:

I am terrible I know, :rightful:
But in all seriousness, have to be careful here.
Would any astrologers be able to scrutinize what I am going through, how I can cope with this tension etc. It would be much appreciated.

Thank you all!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_06_drtime.34908.49563.jpg
    astro_2gw_06_drtime.34908.49563.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 54

aquarius7000

Hi,

You have a wide, but a Moon-Nep opp in your chart, which could imply a tendency to self deceive yourself, esp in the case of women (Moon) at work (Nep on MC). Moon-Ura opp could point at thrills/kicks that you may look for. Nep-Mars could be indicative of weird sexual fantasies.

All said and done, I would be extremely careful of such things, no matter what, at my work place, where self-control is of utmost importance. Once one's image or reputation gets marred, it is rather difficult to remedy that.

:)AQ7

dr. farr

By symbolic direction, directed Venus has directed to conjunction with natal Mercury and natal Moon, in opposition to natal Uranus (as of this year of life): so, Venus (romantic potentials) connect with career matters, communications (Mercury), changing circumstances (Moon), being hit by the unusual (Uranus influences); because of the opposition by natal Uranus (can mean sudden situation and reactions, often of a disruptive nature), involving Venus (love matters), Mercury (communications, business connections) and Moon (emotions, "hidden" drives, etc) I join with Aquarius 7000 in suggesting being careful in how you handle this situation!

Dr.Time

Thanks AQ7 & Dr.Farr for your responses
You guys are dead right when you urge caution. I can very easily let my imagination run away.
Reputation at work is extremely important and damaging my reputation there threatens my ability to earn more.
Today was fine, no tension.

Dr.Time

By symbolic direction, directed Venus has directed to conjunction with natal Mercury and natal Moon, in opposition to natal Uranus (as of this year of life): so, Venus (romantic potentials) connect with career matters, communications (Mercury), changing circumstances (Moon), being hit by the unusual (Uranus influences); because of the opposition by natal Uranus (can mean sudden situation and reactions, often of a disruptive nature), involving Venus (love matters), Mercury (communications, business connections) and Moon (emotions, "hidden" drives, etc) I join with Aquarius 7000 in suggesting being careful in how you handle this situation!

The interesting thing is, I am working with powerful women, I guess in someway I've been attracted to powerful women. The unusual thing is, I feel so dumb in comparison. I really don't understand how I can be in the role I am in. I may be struggling, and I do fear I will lose it.

Dr.Time

Hi,

You have a wide, but a Moon-Nep opp in your chart, which could imply a tendency to self deceive yourself, esp in the case of women (Moon) at work (Nep on MC). Moon-Ura opp could point at thrills/kicks that you may look for. Nep-Mars could be indicative of weird sexual fantasies.

All said and done, I would be extremely careful of such things, no matter what, at my work place, where self-control is of utmost importance. Once one's image or reputation gets marred, it is rather difficult to remedy that.

I agree with you 100%. You hit close to home when you mention that I have a tendency to deceive myself. My intuition is generally quite poor, or I am easily misled by the fairer sex.

Lenzites betulina

In all likelihood this will not be the first time you feel such sexual tension with a person of authority.

Often time such urges come because of an admiration of the power held by the authority figure. Sexual contact is a way to attempt to get that power, but it rarely works. Look up "dating your boss" on google for more info.

The best way to deal with this is to develop a sense of power and direction within oneself that is not dependent upon the affirmation of external figures who hold power. Only you can give yourself power. This power comes through self-understanding.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Run! Engage in whatever fantasies you want, but go no further.

Nothing good will come of this. I've been there in your shoes, except I was the older guy, and she the younger woman, very attractive, and my boss, and very new in the position and dependent on me to get her through the rough spots. I had a colleague position, where though she was my boss, but my actions were supportive and independent, and were things that she could never be able to do.

I was very careful to never get close enough to let the woman touch me, or me her. NOTHING GOOD COULD HAVE COME OUT OF IT! ONLY SADNESS.

You don't need astrology to see this, and asking astrology about it may mean that you've already taken it too far in your mind, and are looking for ways to either justify the actions, or to bring you back from the horrible brink of sadness all around. Don't be led by your.......

Last edited:

Lenzites betulina

Unfortunately fantasies will only intensify your desire and subsequently cause you to be more likely to act upon your impulses.

It is of utmost importance to find the cause, the root of the desire. Once you do this, you will be able to nullify it. Try a visual meditation. Ask yourself where the desire is coming from and either mentally or astrally project to find the answer, depending on your personal inclination. You may have to decypher the answer you receive, but it will give you a good lead. Take notice of your body feelings(like gut feelings, your chakral feelings) one the meditation is in action. It may be easier to get to level with a friend to guide you and participate in the meditation with you.

Once you find the cause of the desires you can work directly with the cause itself and loosen the power these impulses have over you.

aquarius7000

Hi again,

Dr Time, I have a question, please, and I will have to digress from the real topic a bit. Do you have a desire to work abroad, or is there a likelihood of that being offered to you at work?

Saturn rules the MC (career) and it is in the 9th (overseas), with Jup, ruler of the 9th, in the first. Both planets work in harmony with eachother through a close trine. At the very least, you might receive education (seminars, courses- more than just a training) through your employer, and/or get to travel workwise.

I would also like to add that Nep in the 10th house could mean that you may be willing to make (too) many compromises in regard to your career, plus, as mentioned, you should (away from the subject of just women) try to be careful of things like deception and or mobbing at your workplace. A good way to avoid this is, of course, to stay alert and as close to reality as possible, and to use the Neptunian energies by either working for a social-service organisation, or, at the very least, doing some charity/social service in your free time. When Nep is the highest planet in the chart, as it is in your chart, the Nep energies dominate the native, so make use of the 'positive' Nep energies like creativity and social service.

Lion o ness

I agree since she is married, it's best not to go there....

On a flip side, I have been there, I'm the older boss female, and I went there..
For the most part work romances can end very badly, I guess it depends on the two people...

I did go there, it was a very passionate and intense romance... It didn't end badly and we still talk/text a few times a week... I know this is the rare exception.
But I still advise against it...

I personally have no regrets, and if u ask me if I would do it again (with this same person)
YEAP...sure would. (I'm not married)

Last edited:

Dr.Time

In all likelihood this will not be the first time you feel such sexual tension with a person of authority.

Often time such urges come because of an admiration of the power held by the authority figure. Sexual contact is a way to attempt to get that power, but it rarely works. Look up "dating your boss" on google for more info.

The best way to deal with this is to develop a sense of power and direction within oneself that is not dependent upon the affirmation of external figures who hold power. Only you can give yourself power. This power comes through self-understanding.

You're right LB. I've been thinking over this matter the last couple of days after first reading your comment. I have in the recent past, tended to be attracted to powerful women. It's quite an unusual thing. I'm trying hard to understand this.
The thing about attraction is it can put your mind so out of balance you lose focus.

Dr.Time

Run! Engage in whatever fantasies you want, but go no further.

Nothing good will come of this. I've been there in your shoes, except I was the older guy, and she the younger woman, very attractive, and my boss, and very new in the position and dependent on me to get her through the rough spots. I had a colleague position, where though she was my boss, but my actions were supportive and independent, and were things that she could never be able to do.

I was very careful to never get close enough to let the woman touch me, or me her. NOTHING GOOD COULD HAVE COME OUT OF IT! ONLY SADNESS.

You don't need astrology to see this, and asking astrology about it may mean that you've already taken it too far in your mind, and are looking for ways to either justify the actions, or to bring you back from the horrible brink of sadness all around. Don't be led by your.......

Hey Zarathu, I really appreciate your reply. Thanks for sharing your own experience. I think I have taken it too far in my mind, because I did dwell on it. Part of the problem was that I had been speculating she was interested to. It's remarkable how the mind creates all types of mental scenarios wherein you think everything is going perfectly for yourself. The desire was developing subtlety. It started as a casual interest then grew much deeper. Than slowly neediness was creeping in. I am taking steps, or at least praying to purge myself of this unwanted desire. Things like this may be fun initially, but I'm learning it really does spoil my work flow. And not to forget, my intelligence.
Thank you for your reply!

Dr.Time

Unfortunately fantasies will only intensify your desire and subsequently cause you to be more likely to act upon your impulses.

It is of utmost importance to find the cause, the root of the desire. Once you do this, you will be able to nullify it. Try a visual meditation. Ask yourself where the desire is coming from and either mentally or astrally project to find the answer, depending on your personal inclination. You may have to decypher the answer you receive, but it will give you a good lead. Take notice of your body feelings(like gut feelings, your chakral feelings) one the meditation is in action. It may be easier to get to level with a friend to guide you and participate in the meditation with you.

Once you find the cause of the desires you can work directly with the cause itself and loosen the power these impulses have over you.

Another brilliant and sage-like piece of advice from you LB. Thank you.
I am trying extremely hard to understand the root cause of this desire. I think it may be something to do with the fact I have not had many friends while growing up, a mother that was not always easy to relate to, and difficulty in virtually all relationships with women. I am still thinking about this one, I really want to understand this.
I would like to think I am making progress.
I have been meditating and chanting for the past five years for 1.5 - 2 hrs a day. I appreciate the insights that are coming so far. Still need more time to work this mental issue out. Until I do, I think it will be a recurring thing.

Dr.Time

Hi again,

Dr Time, I have a question, please, and I will have to digress from the real topic a bit. Do you have a desire to work abroad, or is there a likelihood of that being offered to you at work?

Saturn rules the MC (career) and it is in the 9th (overseas), with Jup, ruler of the 9th, in the first. Both planets work in harmony with eachother through a close trine. At the very least, you might receive education (seminars, courses- more than just a training) through your employer, and/or get to travel workwise.

I would also like to add that Nep in the 10th house could mean that you may be willing to make (too) many compromises in regard to your career, plus, as mentioned, you should (away from the subject of just women) try to be careful of things like deception and or mobbing at your workplace. A good way to avoid this is, of course, to stay alert and as close to reality as possible, and to use the Neptunian energies by either working for a social-service organisation, or, at the very least, doing some charity/social service in your free time. When Nep is the highest planet in the chart, as it is in your chart, the Nep energies dominate the native, so make use of the 'positive' Nep energies like creativity and social service.

Hey Aquarius7000 thanks for your reply. I am sorry I couldn't reply earlier, though I had read it as soon as you posted it as with the other comments from others, I couldn't reply as soon as I wanted.

I have had a very strong desire to actually live in India away from my home. The desire for living there is mainly because I feel it offers me a more simple way of life that I like, and also because I am extremely interested in spiritual practices, it offers a fantastic environment for these things. People that are very close to me in heart and my teachers are there too.
Because of this desire I have been contemplating finding some kind of job there, but it has only been a desire. I miss that place every day.
I should also note, because I just can't seem to get along well in my current country because it is far too expensive and I am single man, I have been desiring to work/live somewhere else, if not india some other place that could at least help me to get to india later. Some place where I can afford to live on a single salary and take care of my parents.

I'm not sure if this sort of opportunity to be abroad will come to me through current occupation. I have no idea how I will get there.

May I ask, what is the speciality of Neptune as a planet, and more specifically in the 10th house? Please excuse my ignorance. Your comment here really hits close to home.
I often work extremely hard at work, much against my personal well being, for the sake of a good wage to survive. I am not sure how I can be wary of deception just yet. I work in a very copporate environment where there is a lot of competition, so what you are saying I should try to understand.

The interesting thing is, I really wanted to work in social service type organisation, but I was rejected on account of no experience. On the side, I do a lot of charity work for ashrams and culutural centers. This is a kind of welfare work.

I guess I am kind of interested in climbing up the corporate ladder, getting as high as I can, because the country I live in is very expensive, and because I am not married and am trying to help my parents I need to make as much money as I can. Just so I can help us get some stability. Some of my earnings do go into welfare work too on top of it. It's hard to climb up this ladder when you are very meek though. It's a tough ride but has to be done for now.

Thank you for asking me this question AQ7. I've found it extremely therapeutic to be able to write this.

Dr.Time

I agree since she is married, it's best not to go there....

On a flip side, I have been there, I'm the older boss female, and I went there..
For the most part work romances can end very badly, I guess it depends on the two people...

I did go there, it was a very passionate and intense romance... It didn't end badly and we still talk/text a few times a week... I know this is the rare exception.
But I still advise against it...

I personally have no regrets, and if u ask me if I would do it again (with this same person)
YEAP...sure would. (I'm not married)

Haha thanks for sharing Lion o ness. You guys seem to be very cool about the whole situation. You know I am thinking it's all in my mind and the interest was solely on my part. I don't get much contact with women like her, so naturally I became attracted.

So I think I can follow your advice in not doing anything. 1. She won't be keen, and 2. I won't let it happen because it would be a bad move (now that I am coming to senses).

Dr.Time

Thanks to everyone who took time out to read and reply to my thread.
I really appreciate your time. I am sorry I couldn't reply as earlier. I read all of your comments as soon as they were posted but was unable to reply.
All of your responses were so comforting and full of good advice and experience.

aquarius7000

Hi,
....May I ask, what is the speciality of Neptune as a planet, and more specifically in the 10th house? Please excuse my ignorance. Your comment here really hits close to home....
Actually, I already answered this in my previous post.:) In fact, the way you have described your 'way of life' at present also sounds very Neptunian. For instance, doing charity work, and working for ashrams, etc. Wanting to take care of your parents (that is something the parents of today cannot take for granted). Also, your fascination for India for the reasons you listed (spirituality, etc) also reflects the hold of Neptune on you. This is just what I meant.

For a Neptunian person, unlike a Saturn or a Pluto person, money and power do not hold much power (importance) in the native's life. Right now, due to your age, and the responsibility you feel on your shoulders, you might feel like climbing the corporate ladder (Sat rules the MC), but ultimately that might not satisfy your being. A part of you has already realised that, which is why the pull towards charity work, ashrams, spirituality, etc. IMO, you are on the right track. My Nep is in the 4th house, so opposite yours. I am also amidst the corporate world, but always feel the pull towards giving to society (to the have-nots) at least a small part of what I get. My Nep is not risen, but I have a wide Jup-Ven conjunction in Pisces :) That accentuates the Nep part. Spirituality also has an important place in my life.

Last edited:

Dr.Time

Hi,

Actually, I already answered this in my previous post.:) In fact, the way you have described your 'way of life' at present also sounds very Neptunian. For instance, doing charity work, and working for ashrams, etc. Wanting to take care of your parents (that is something the parents of today cannot take for granted). Also, your fascination for India for the reasons you listed (spirituality, etc) also reflects the hold of Neptune on you. This is just what I meant.

For a Neptunian person, unlike a Saturn or a Pluto person, money and power do not hold much power (importance) in the native's life. Right now, due to your age, and the responsibility you feel on your shoulders, you might feel like climbing the corporate ladder (Sat rules the MC), but ultimately that might not satisfy your being. A part of you has already realised that, which is why the pull towards charity work, ashrams, spirituality, etc. IMO, you are on the right track. My Nep is in the 4th house, so opposite yours. I am also amidst the corporate world, but always feel the pull towards giving to society (to the have-nots) at least a small part of what I get. My Nep is not risen, but I have a wide Jup-Ven conjunction in Pisces :) That accentuates the Nep part. Spirituality also has an important place in my life.

Hey AQ7 thanks for your wonderful response. It's amazing how so many people within the astrology/spirituality crowd tend to feel an inclination toward giving to society in the form of welfare work.
Your reading seems to strike me with a lot of accuracy, only thing is; money is a huge concern for me and I am obsessed with it at the moment. Quite unfortunate really. Money can make people act in such abominable ways.

I really appreciate your responses here mate, thank you!