View Single Post
Unread 07-11-2020, 11:28 PM

Re: Black Lives Matter, Marxist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
China's dangerous. And N.Korea is now a nuclear threat under China's influence. Why is Trump poking the Dragon???
I think Xi, as normal for a dictator, is trying to sort of continuously establish his position to his people through a 'display of power'. More territory means more power. Of course it hurts India and Bhutan, especially as they seem to be peaceful towards China, but for Xi - it is all about exerting China's dominance not only in the region, but in the world.

From the perspective of just America, Trump 'prodding' China sure appears somewhat dangerous, but if I look at AppLeo's post and also the way I like to think, from a macro perspective, China needs to be 'checked', as such dominance will not only hurt India and Bhutan, but also America. Initially, I was thinking that China is trying to keep India in check due to the latter's economic success and growth, but then you look at China-Japan relations, Tibet, etc., and it is quite clear what China might be up to - re-balance or re-establishment of power - perhaps also to prove itself to the US.

At some point, China could get out of control. I am fairly curious to know what Putin thinks.

“Some people try to be tall by cutting off the heads of others.” —Paramahansa Yogananda