Neptune in 2nd house... difficulties in money management?

Ebenia

Depending on the aspects, people with Neptune in 2nd in their natal charts may have illusions about money and income and how to make it. They may not put too much actual action and thought into making money or neither how to spend it. And this is the reason why usually people with this placement have money problems and don't usually have a lot of material weatlh. It could be also that these people don't find money interesting or anyway necessary for their happiness, but still when they have money problems, they are not in alignment to make changes in their thinking towards money and think that their thoughts about money could be the source of these money problems.

But this is not the case always. With great aspects, people with this aspect could make money by forming illusions to other people - like making movies or writing books, performing arts etc.

Starry Eyed

Neptune (Scorpio) in the 2nd here. WORST money manager ever. Don't care about it, though, so it doesn't cause me too much stress. Sometimes I have tons, sometimes I look through the couch cushions for coffee change, but would never think of tapping my fat 401K even though I'm down to three dollars before my next paycheck.

Kriztine

Husband has it in Libra with oppositions to Merc and square to Venus...

Boom and bust...easy come/easy go
His best friend ripped him off for 10,000 but then again who gives a gambling addict money in Vegas to "start a business"...bad judgment
He's taken from others and others take from him.
Also he has quirky windfalls...for awhile whenever he needed some extra cash someone would crash into his car and he would get a bunch of $$$$ and not fix the car.
He's loaned alot of people $$$ including his own dad who never paid him back. He doesn't seem to care tho

bardevolved

Hi,

Neptune in the 2nd house is not good for money but yes if jupiter is there with neptune it is a good sign

Br/Dipti

[deleted ad - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Erika

I have Jupiter in scorpio 27 2nd house and Nept. Scorpio 1 in 2nd house. I don`t care much about but a lot about security (moon in capricorn 3). I known when ever I need it it comes to me...

castelo

uhmm.. and what about pisces in the 2nd house?

Attachments

• natal chart.jpg
    natal chart.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 32

scorpittarian

i've pisces on d 2nd...neptune in d 12th conj asc....

i dnt stress much on money...there's always someone or the other to fulfill my needs...too much of dependance in this field...i thrice found money on d street, twice ignored it & d 3rd time, returnd it 2 d actual owner.

em vry gd @ losing $,forgetting 2 tk d change,etc.....:annoyed:...n its vry easy 2 dupe me cz i neva chk d price...i once paid $100 4 smthng tht cost only $20... money in my hands = money spent...em a spendthrift.

tanamarios

Neptune in the second also means that you will use your faith to attract fortunes to you. Reading Law of Attraction books actually can benefit you.

Claire19

Does neptune in 2nd house is the responsible for economical issues?
Finances do belong to the 2nd house and our personal income. However without a full chart we cant really comment. If Neptune is well aspected you can earn money with Neptunian type things. However money will tend to slip through your fingers like water and there can be theft, mysterious disappearings and deception.

Claire19

Depending on the aspects, people with Neptune in 2nd in their natal charts may have illusions about money and income and how to make it. They may not put too much actual action and thought into making money or neither how to spend it. And this is the reason why usually people with this placement have money problems and don't usually have a lot of material weatlh. It could be also that these people don't find money interesting or anyway necessary for their happiness, but still when they have money problems, they are not in alignment to make changes in their thinking towards money and think that their thoughts about money could be the source of these money problems.

But this is not the case always. With great aspects, people with this aspect could make money by forming illusions to other people - like making movies or writing books, performing arts etc.

Neptune does rule film, chemicals, religions, glamour and magic. It is also hospitals, gaols, hospices and other places of retreat. It is also charities and helping those that are less fortunate. Many things..... It can mean confusion with finances and having to get real.

L

lumi

I have neptune in scorpio in the 2nd house and my experience has been that there has been some resistance in embracing the system of money for quite a few reasons. but I won't go into all those now. But I did spend some time studying the origins of money and capitalism, etc. neptune has been helpful in supporting a much broader view in this area- and also helpful in letting go of 'things' that are no longer useful.

it can be a disconcerting placement because you may not be interacting with money in the accepted way. my experience so far seems to be that when I'm willing to embrace and work for what I authentically value-then money comes. It isn't necessary to work for it directly. my work has very rarely been in direct exchange for a paycheck and often goes unrecognized by almost anyone. this can take a bit to get used to, but I think once you have absorbed the message of the planet in its house, then it's elevated expression is activated. and here it could be an advanced course in absolute faith that life/God will provide. Neptune in the 2nd seems to be a great burning away of all the distractions that money can buy, and waking to self worth not based on what you have or make. it could be seen as an auspicious opportunity for spiritual advancement and ego dissolution through the inability to find power in a bank account or a rolls Royce, etc. one must find it without those things, and then, often those may things come, but without the painful attachment.

dr. farr

I have Neptune in Libra in the 2nd whole sign house-my $$ has always come from what can definitely be termed unusual sources and activities (eg, my profession of homeopathic medicine, is certainly "unusual")

L

lumi

hi dr farr
yes, my money has generally come from someone/somewhere else. once I lived alone for 3 years in an affluent area in a home that belonged to a friend. I ended up paying no rent. it's interesting the way this occurred, but without going into detail- when the two of us discuss this unusual event, neither of us can quite explain it, I don't feel guilt and my friend doesn't feel resentment, and there is an overall satisfaction that it worked out well. I think this has been difficult for friends/observers to understand, but to me, this is neptune in 2nd. I find that if I behave in a way that is true to my self worth, regardless of there being any money in it, then money and resources show up.

virgo18

I guess that, to overcome Neptune's in the 2nd house bad influence, is trying to make money using Neptune's suggestions of work, like painting, photography, visual arts, etc

Flapjacks

It isn't necessary to work for it directly. my work has very rarely been in direct exchange for a paycheck and often goes unrecognized by almost anyone. this can take a bit to get used to, but I think once you have absorbed the message of the planet in its house, then it's elevated expression is activated. and here it could be an advanced course in absolute faith that life/God will provide. Neptune in the 2nd seems to be a great burning away of all the distractions that money can buy, and waking to self worth not based on what you have or make. it could be seen as an auspicious opportunity for spiritual advancement and ego dissolution through the inability to find power in a bank account or a rolls Royce, etc. one must find it without those things, and then, often those may things come, but without the painful attachment.

Where is Pluto in your chart? That's going to color things a lot. I know someone with Neptune in the 6th that this describes. She's never had a steady job but gets work here and there for odd things. Her 2nd house ruler is sun in the 9th house, which is square Neptune. Her money sources are often nebulous. I don't know how she makes money without a stable job but she manages. She wants to eventually make money through academic writing (9th house) and has tried to make money through art, though not successfully so far (though she is really talented). I have this same placement (2nd house ruler in 9th) and I've made money from mostly academic sources (being paid grant money to do research at university, a job I got because I was a high school student, working for a college as a tutor).

A person I know who is absolutely terrible with money because of impulse purchases and inability to prioritize (i.e. buying 60 dollars worth of action figures and then complaining he doesn't have enough money to see a doctor because the copay is 20 dollars IN THE SAME DAY). He has Neptune conjunct ASC and Sun and his 2nd house ruler is Uranus, in the 12th house opposing Moon in Gemini. His money just seems to disappear, and the more he gets the faster it goes! If anyone asks him for money, whether a friend or homeless person or a family member, he forks it out without hesitation or thought. Even when people don't want him to spend money he spends it... for instance, he once was given 20 dollars to purchase a bottle of alcohol with instructions not to spend the entire amount. He then went into the store and bought a 40 dollar bottle of alcohol spending all of this persons money plus his own, with no real explanation for why he thought that would be okay. I'm wondering if 2nd house ruler in the 12th is going to be a bigger indicator of mismanagement of money and losses than Neptune in 2nd.

I'm curious how this discussion of handing finances is impacted by the 8th house. It rules the resources of "others", inheritances which we benefit from, and so on, and seems like it should be included in this discussion (as in the example of this person spending another persons's money... his 8th house ruler is Sun, as I said, conjunct Neptune). I've always been a little fuzzy on how the two houses co-habitate on this axis.

Last edited:
According to astrology, if Neptune is in 2nd house then financial advice is mandatory. Making money through artistic objectives is If Neptune is challenged in 2nd house then money will not remain in your hands, it will slip frequently.If it's in good condition in 2nd house then there are chances to be wealthy.

I have Sagittarius, Uranus and Neptune in my second house and I have to say, most of the things said about the two planets in this house are true for me. While I'm fairly conservative about money, I don't care much for it and don't even like dealing with it. Even though I work and earn money, I don't keep up with my bank balance and have my mom deal with it. That's terrible, I know. Money management is definitely not my thing, even though I'm anything but a reckless spender.

JUPITERASC

Does neptune in 2nd house is the responsible for economical issues?
Not necessarily - depends on the sign location of 2nd house

because

planetary ruler of 2nd house influences matters of 2nd house

there are several guidance threads with the information your require, such as
HOUSES OF WEALTH :smile:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=49941
Hi all

I am trying to understand more about different types of Wealth by Signs, Houses and Rulers.
I would like to open a thread and hopefully members of the forum would also find this topic interesting.

My purpose is to investigate which type/s of wealth enriches your life
and how to find these blessings in a natal chart in both traditional and modern methods.
Any different type of astrology is welcome here!
:cool:

My goal is to assist myself and everyone who reads and discusses this thread to discover their happiness in their own chart!

First of all, there are many different types of wealth in life and below are my descriptions of how I classify them...

Material Wealth vs Spiritual Wealth

Within Material Wealth, we have self-earned wealth vs inheritance, from marriage partner vs children and from irrational gambling vs rational investment. Material Wealth gives us the Power of Control in earthy matters, comfort living in physical form.

Within Non-Material/Spiritual Wealth, we have the understanding of the wisdom of God vs the understanding of the meaning of life (not necessarily related to religion), wealth of self-respect vs respect earned from others (Fame), relationships (such as happy love life, friendship and being a parent) vs personal achievement. Non-Material/Spiritual Wealth gives us the Sense of Fulfillment and internal well-being.

Anyone can share their personal understandings and experiences here! :happy:

Some interesting YouTube to watch about wealth in astrology:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10dprq_LgX8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=fvwp&v=stBqCGfulXU