The desperation to weaken Leo in modern astrology.

david starling

You mean the wimpy Leos cowering in fear before the wrath of the all-mighty Scorpios? :lol:

There's real evidence for this in the documentary movie, "The Wizard of Oz": The "Cowardly" Lion does in fact tremble in fear before the representation of Scorpio as The Wicked Witch of the West.
Doesn't get any more real than THAT! :whistling:

PlutoLibScoAsc

I think it's just because you happens to see it more than other signs. I haven't seen the same emphasis as you. The sign that I see being put down more is Pisces, for being the weakest, most delusional and most deceptive sign of all. I could have started another thread asking why but I don't because I know that's just ********.

You can always tell those people about their delusional, weak side since everyone has a 12th house and consequently a Piscean/Neptunian aspect ;).

Talking about pisces. I see their super power in the 12th house that blur the f out of everyone. Until today no one, no astrologer can tell for sure what the heck could really happen in the 12th house. lol. Never undermine the unsuspecting dreamy looking Pisces. They could just turn your life upside down in a sec. haha.

Hkk

Account Closed
Talking about pisces. I see their super power in the 12th house that blur the f out of everyone. Until today no one, no astrologer can tell for sure what the heck could really happen in the 12th house. lol. Never undermine the unsuspecting dreamy looking Pisces. They could just turn your life upside down in a sec. haha.

So true p this is what I’ve been saying all along and ppl are getting upset 😢 and taking it personally lmao bloody Pisces is not weak at all. They deceive US!! They are manipulative and sly and PLAY the martyr hiding from what they really are. The difference between Scorpio and Pisces is that Scorpio doesn’t hide it. I suppose that’s what Neptune is all about - deception and that’s where Pisces come into play. I don’t believe all this dreamy stuff about them. It’s a myth!

If the description was about Pisces was more about their deception and manipulation with the fact they hide what they truly are about then I would accept all the other stuff but that’s not what gets said about them unlike Scorpio where it’s all out in the open so you get it and understand it.

Yes Pisces Maybe sensitive but sensitive to whom? Sensitive to their OWN needs.

And as this thread is about Leo’s I will add that Leo’s are not weak and I have not read anything to show they are weak. All I seem to read about them is how they are loud strong have no fear and are brighter than light itself. They are wonderful etc

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
I've never actually seen the Leo sign disparaged or put down, but then I don't know what goes on with the astrology groups on facebook, twitter, tumblr et al. I've actually seen the opposite where Leo is given glowing reviews, and even when the negative traits are spoken about, there is almost a "oh you rascal!" tone underneath which speaks to it being well-received generally.

Just in general sign talk, I've seen where the sign Sagittarius was glorified in terms of fashion and looks. There was a website I came across along time ago (the now defunct librarising website) that made a study on celebrities, noting that in their opinion Sagittarius risings were the best for looks. As one with the ascendant I really have no attachment to that viewpoint.

Yes Leo’s are given glowing reviews which to some extent they deserve and they are glowing however it is made out they are the best signs ever to be made which makes all the other signs dull.

I very much doubt sag are best looking and certainly not best dressed! Worst personality worst looks and worst dressed is a better description of a sag. Up themselves too! so far they can’t see the light 💡

PlutoLibScoAsc

So true p this is what I’ve been saying all along and ppl are getting upset �� and taking it personally lmao bloody Pisces is not weak at all. They deceive US!! They are manipulative and sly and PLAY the martyr hiding from what they really are. The difference between Scorpio and Pisces is that Scorpio doesn’t hide it. I suppose that’s what Neptune is all about - deception and that’s where Pisces come into play. I don’t believe all this dreamy stuff about them. It’s a myth!

If the description was about Pisces was more about their deception and manipulation with the fact they hide what they truly are about then I would accept all the other stuff but that’s not what gets said about them unlike Scorpio where it’s all out in the open so you get it and understand it.

Yes Pisces Maybe sensitive but sensitive to whom? Sensitive to their OWN needs.

And as this thread is about Leo’s I will add that Leo’s are not weak and I have not read anything to show they are weak. All I seem to read about them is how they are loud strong have no fear and are brighter than light itself. They are wonderful etc

This "..PLAY the martyr hiding from what they really are." yes, I know this one church pisces sun girl, she dresses and act all pure and holy to church but she slept with a man that has already been taken. When his gf is out of town, she went over to his house. She is totally conscious about what she is doing. And she knows his gf, they work together. She is like trying her luck that he would choose her instead. Sigh... Her strongest planet is #1 Neptune and her dominant sign #1Sag. (What?! Sag involved again, lol~).

Honestly, I have these pisces sun swimming around me for years but I never can really figure them out fully. May be because they're real misty, so misty that they go unnoticed for me or I am just not that into them, haha. Among all the signs, this is the one that I less researched on. But based on just knowing them by their sun signs, some of them that I know is capable of doing some doing some real **** and one is just down right evil bully in school but she changed though. I am suspecting they could be Aries dominant though. I should check on their chart when I have time...

Yeah, I shouldn't digress from the topic too. Well, Leo, this is my sun sign, my #2 dominant sign and I shall keep in mind that I shouldn't be bias. There is good, there is bad. All signs does.

The good one is I have heard numerous people saying that they really adore Leos, yeah, they can be loud, attention seeking but they bring sunshine and they are this gold dust and they make people happy. Astrologer Alyssa declaring she wants a baby Leo and so happy her baby is Leo. Canada Astrologer Sunnyside saying he adores the Leos and love his leo baby so much.

The bad ones, the mocking ones, they're attention seeking, they're clingy, they're bossy, they're stubborn. But still, this astrologer honey trap, despite complaining about her dating experience with Leos, she can't say for sure she won't date them anymore, lol.

As for my own experience... so far I have only met one annoying Leo sun. He is so loud in the office, huge attention seeking, huge on looking for acknowledgement for his intelligence. Well, I do think he is smart but really... he is too loud, a distraction at work. Finding every chance to prove how smart he is. His family is not supporting his education, he has to work hard to pay for his own higher education. See strong here. Always positive. He is not a bad person, he is just desperate for love may be, attention equals to love. When you give someone your time and attention it equals to love, isn't relationship build so? This fella is still young... everyone has a story behind them. When they couldn't get it at home they try to get it from somewhere...

Well, overall, is really not that bad for the Leos I think.
May be just unhappy that Scorpio is trend going on now? The attention have shifted and it hurts I guess? Wanting more love and attention from the mass?
Oh well, some websites do sound a shallow when they describe about Leos. But every signs has been mocked before. See it more openly I guess? Don't take it to heart.Or may be really just examine ourselves. Oh, I do like flattery, it gives me a self-confidence boost like why not. I can be happy for a sec without thinking too much. Nothing that serious.

Every signs has its good and play its part in this universe. So things get balanced out? Everyone is important, unique and special at their own ways. Well, we all still have to learn. Every few years, they would be a trend period for something, may be this period is Scorpio. Next few years a different signs, things keeps changing. Like Paris Hilton seasons has passed and now is the Kardashians' seasons, things like that, lol.

Last edited:

Hkk

Account Closed
lmao of about the sag! I know a few pisces that are like that and to top it off I knew a pisces sun sag rising! Anyway back to leo there was this girl I worked with and she was a leo sun and all leos I have come across have big hearts and very loving. Yes they fancy themselves but get away with it as they are so loving. But this girl wasn't the typical leo and she always seemed a bit 'undercover' to me then guess what? I found out she was a Pisces rising!! She was very sly and two faced. Another girl Pisces sun Leo rising. Two Faced. Pisces takes over.

Leo Moon, Leo Sun, Leo Rising generally when they aren't in aresholey signs are great!

I'm a Leo Moon and I resonate with my moon sign a lot and blends well with my rising in Libra but doesn't with my Cap Sun so there always this tug of war however leo and cap can be alike a little as they both like to 'rise above it' and look their best at all times same for libra but that's about it.

PlutoLibScoAsc

"Leo Moon, Leo Sun, Leo Rising generally when they aren't in aresholey signs are great!" <- I can agree to this! So far those that I have met have been having my back being supportive and loyal and loving. I know this aunt, she is Scorpio sun and Leo moon, man~ she is the best. She is so caring and loving, if any day I lose her, I would definitely cry my eyes out.

As for me, My 1st house is having a hard time to balance with my Leo sun. I like to be private, quiet and isolated and my sun say no no, go out and shine and be happy then Pluto was like no no, that endless push and pull, LOL :D

Hkk

Account Closed
"Leo Moon, Leo Sun, Leo Rising generally when they aren't in aresholey signs are great!" <- I can agree to this! So far those that I have met have been having my back being supportive and loyal and loving. I know this aunt, she is Scorpio sun and Leo moon, man~ she is the best. She is so caring and loving, if any day I lose her, I would definitely cry my eyes out.

As for me, My 1st house is having a hard time to balance with my Leo sun. I like to be private, quiet and isolated and my sun say no no, go out and shine and be happy then Pluto was like no no, that endless push and pull, LOL :D

I'm the same my emotions want to be out there displaying the outgoing me me me and then Cap/satunr wants to be all serious and Pluto wants to be all mysterious etc and Jupiter wants to go all out with the libra thing. But for you use the Leo placement to your advantage and go out there! I'm using me emotional Leo moon but I have to tone it down a bit as the bad side of Leo may come out being its emotional Leo and not Sun Leo. I've come the realisation that emotion is just a feeling its not actually reality so when I do feel the push and pull I ignore it and use my placements to my advantage and when I need them eg if I need Pluto and Saturn its when I want to be taken seriously and need the respect and to be respectful but if I want fun I use Jupiter and if I want to have fun and be the leader and centre of attention I use Leo. I'm learning not to give a **** and look after myself and care what I think then I can help others and I feel that's a great way and mentality to look at things as no one really gives a ****.

Hkk

Account Closed

Plute! I've made a new thread Pisces. You need to look at the link I added on it! As we can't chat about it on here or the moderators will have issues! :tongue:

Osamenor

Staff member
Here is the correct link..
http://astrologycookbookseries.com/rulership/

Actually, she writes something very interesting about how mercury and Venus were assigned to their signs. Never heard of this, but it does make sense.

She actually didn't write that. She credits Wikipedia.

There's nothing at that site about signs (presumably defined as everyone with the same sun sign) except what kinds of food they like and how they cook. I don't understand what "Leos like quality foods and will get the best if they can afford it" and "Leo chefs are kings of the kitchen. They like to have people help as they are of a group-oriented sign" has to do with weakening Leo.

Much less do I understand how Scorpio's purported food tastes ("Meat rare, root vegetables. Likes strong pungent tasting foods. Since Scorpio rules sex and sex organs, fallic foods such as brussell sprouts, pickles, and tomatillos are on the list of ingredients for this sign," and "Scorpians loves Anchovies, Clams, Eel, Lobster, Oysters, Sashimi, Snails (Escargot), Snake, blue cheeses. 100 year old eggs would be something worth serving. They eat the unexpected") and preference to "make a dinner by themselves and then surprise their audience" constitute a portrayal of Scorpio as the strongest sign. There's nothing at all here about how strong or weak the signs are, let alone compared to other signs.

ElenaJ

"She actually didn't write that."
Doesn't matter, it's an interesting concept.
The rest, as you say, is complete nonsense.

waybread

If there were ever an argument by skeptics against intelligent people taking astrology seriously, this thread would provide many examples. Osamenor, that sun-sign "cookbook" just takes the cake!

OuterPlanets89

Leo isn’t at all the only sign to get maligned, but the reason it gets maligned is a unique one and it’s very telling of a modern trend: Lack of healthy ego. People with healthy egos in general are maligned and since Leo is popularly associated with the ego, there’s a little symbolic scapegoat to pin this particular weakness on while people try to evade the fact they have unhealthy relationships with their egos

Similarly, Cancer gets maligned because it’s associated with emotion and it’s pretty clear to me at least that so many people are lacking in emotional awareness and ability to be honest with themselves or anyone else about what they really feel

It’s similar to any sign that is one of the current whipping boys. It always marks something that the collective is grappling with and from that POV is actually quite fascinating, although maddening

Unfortunately, I can see these aspects of pop astrology invading sites like this one where people strive to dive deeper. The glorification of certain signs and the maligning of others is still there altho less pronounced

I think because my 12th house is cusped by Leo I’ve had this particular relationship with my own ego where I’ve felt like I am not allowed to love myself or to be centered in my body yet I so desperately want to. That need becomes suppressed, just background music playing on repeat until I noticed it and began working on it. But simultaneously that suppression, that unhealthy relationship, made it to where my ego would express itself in ways that I wouldn’t own or I’d feel strangely disembodied from as if that wasn’t even me who said that thing or did that thing. So after noticing this odd aspect of myself I had to start thinking about ego, presence, relationship with the self and I know that modern western society is completely not conducive at all to a healthy relationship with the self

The funniest thing is is that people glorify certain signs perhaps as being powerful in some form when if they looked at what they’re more inclined to fire hatred toward, there would be the truest key to their own personal power
Well said.

I think it's a waste of time complaining about how a sign is represented, whether it be among pop astrology sources or more respected astrologers. There are always many, many angles to each sign, and how it manifests depends on the maturity of the person. And sure, maybe some signs are slightly more glorified/vilified in different decades, but that often goes back to what planets are in the sky at the time and the general energies in the time/place.

Leos can be amazing, and they can be awful too. You could write pages on each sign with exactly those sentiments.

Leos can turn from the sweetest person on earth to the rudest and heartless in just a blink of an eye if you ***** them over, as they are one of the toughest people you will have ever come across with the biggest heart.