Age harmonics and sports astrology

Bulletbobb

Just recently I have been experimenting a bit with harmonic age charts and thought I would share an example with those who might be interested in something new.
I'm not going to present a long explanation of what harmonic age charts are as there are many sources on the web. Using SF calculating an age harmonic chart is very simple. Start with the natal chart of the road team, go to Chart>Harmonic/Transform>Harmonic Age and enter the date and estimated end time of the game. Put the AH chart around the natal chart in a biwheel and do the same for the home team.
Be sure to turn on the IC and DSC, as these are not opposite the MC and ASC as in a regular chart. Now that I think about it, it might be a good idea to turn on APOF and APOS also, except that SF doesn't offer these options. But they can be calculated by hand easily enough.
Now look for contact between the charts, using a 1° maximun orb, and applying aspects are stronger than separating. Factors such as sign and house position in the harmonic chart have no meaning, only the longitude of the planets. Use the synastry grid to find the aspects between the charts.
Picking the winner is pretty easy in games where the score wasn't close, as in a blowout or upset. In the chart for the standard 3-2 win in NHL it may be hard to pick the winner.
Hopefully, I have attached example charts from last night's NHL game between LA and Dallas, in Dallas. LA won the game 5-2, so I'd expect the win to show pretty clearly. It has been my experience that in games like this, the loss almost always shows up much more clearly in the chart of the loosing team.
Looking at the chart for LA (relocated to Dallas) we first see ASC-0-MA 20a, which would be considered a close contact. There are several others, but this is the main one.
The chart for Dallas really tells the story, as is almost always the case in games like this.
The main contacts are R4MO-180-R10SA, R4MO-90-R4MO, R10SA-90-R5SU, ASC-120-R1VE (VE is almost always a malefic in sports charts), and a few others. It is a very clear picture. BTW, I have found that the 4th house almost always belongs to the ASC team, contrary to what the books tell us. Not always, but mostly. Makes perfect sense, when you think about it.)
Where do you get the birth data for the teams? Actual starting times for NHL, NBA, and NFL are available on the respective sites. For those in Europe, I am informed that your starting times are right on the scheduled time, so you can probably use those. Unlike dodeks, these charts are not hypersensitive to either the starting or ending times of the game.

I'm going to post this now. Perhaps I'll add more later, if there is any interest.

Craig
CA, USA

Attachments

• SFPage2.jpg
    SFPage2.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 132
  • SFPage 1.jpg
    SFPage 1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Loda41

Just recently I have been experimenting a bit with harmonic age charts and thought I would share an example with those who might be interested in something new.
I'm not going to present a long explanation of what harmonic age charts are as there are many sources on the web. Using SF calculating an age harmonic chart is very simple. Start with the natal chart of the road team, go to Chart>Harmonic/Transform>Harmonic Age and enter the date and estimated end time of the game. Put the AH chart around the natal chart in a biwheel and do the same for the home team.
Be sure to turn on the IC and DSC, as these are not opposite the MC and ASC as in a regular chart. Now that I think about it, it might be a good idea to turn on APOF and APOS also, except that SF doesn't offer these options. But they can be calculated by hand easily enough.
Now look for contact between the charts, using a 1° maximun orb, and applying aspects are stronger than separating. Factors such as sign and house position in the harmonic chart have no meaning, only the longitude of the planets. Use the synastry grid to find the aspects between the charts.
Picking the winner is pretty easy in games where the score wasn't close, as in a blowout or upset. In the chart for the standard 3-2 win in NHL it may be hard to pick the winner.
Hopefully, I have attached example charts from last night's NHL game between LA and Dallas, in Dallas. LA won the game 5-2, so I'd expect the win to show pretty clearly. It has been my experience that in games like this, the loss almost always shows up much more clearly in the chart of the loosing team.
Looking at the chart for LA (relocated to Dallas) we first see ASC-0-MA 20a, which would be considered a close contact. There are several others, but this is the main one.
The chart for Dallas really tells the story, as is almost always the case in games like this.
The main contacts are R4MO-180-R10SA, R4MO-90-R4MO, R10SA-90-R5SU, ASC-120-R1VE (VE is almost always a malefic in sports charts), and a few others. It is a very clear picture. BTW, I have found that the 4th house almost always belongs to the ASC team, contrary to what the books tell us. Not always, but mostly. Makes perfect sense, when you think about it.)
Where do you get the birth data for the teams? Actual starting times for NHL, NBA, and NFL are available on the respective sites. For those in Europe, I am informed that your starting times are right on the scheduled time, so you can probably use those. Unlike dodeks, these charts are not hypersensitive to either the starting or ending times of the game.

I'm going to post this now. Perhaps I'll add more later, if there is any interest.

Craig
CA, USA
Rusty Withers @ Kepler U has a book that may have natal info on Sports teams. Wikipedia has general info about franchise startup not always specific.

wirabhumi

The birth data is just the first game of the season, so it's very easy to get, even the time. Except for baseball.

CRW

Interesting methods. In your first post you 've said Venus always malefic in sport charts.
In your experience, What are the member of malefic/benefic planets in this methods ?

ex = in JF, if act not as a Ruler, we have Pluto, Chiron, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Mars, and Sun (make combust), and all Retrograded planets as Malefics.
Moon, Jupiter, Venus, mercury and all exalted planets as Benefics.

Bulletbobb

I am not as familiar with how the planets act in the AH charts as I am with the other methods I use. I am just experimenting with them, but they seem to behave the same.
Any planet can be malefic, depending on aspects, sign, etc. I would agree with Frawley, except that Uranus isn't really malefic, it's just highly unpredictable. Neptune may or may not be malefic. I can't get a feel for what, if anything, it does when acting alone, as would be the case if it were on an angle. In aspects it's malefic.
I know that conventional wisdom has Venus as a benefic, but just think about it. These charts do not show who is going to win, they tell us something about what the mood of the team is during the game. Is it 'up' for the game, or not. Now what do you think the mood of a team would be if Venus were on an angle, for example? Would they want to go out and run around for 2-3 hours, smashing into other players, etc.? I don't think so They would want to sit on the sidelines, talk with the other players, have a nice cold drink of Gatorade, and so forth. Hence, Venus is malefic. In Aries, or in aspect to Mars or Uranus, it is favorable.
I have found a problem with the AH method, but I have to go now, so I will post more later.

Craig
CA, USA

Bulletbobb

The problem I found is not with age harmonics itself but rather with the way we use the technique in Sports astrology. IOW, all the charts we use are for an age of less than one. For the planets in the chart to get to their natal positions one has to enter an age of 1. Therefore, when the season is young, say a week or so, the harmonic age will be very small, close to zero. What this means is that all the planets and points will be bunched up near 0 Aries, and the method won't work.
There are two solutions to this.
The first is to use the true birth chart of the teams, if you have the data. The dates are easy to get, but getting the accurate time is a whole different matter.
The second is what I have just been experimenting with, viz., using the 'age harmonic + 1' option in solar fire. I am sure this option was provided for just this reason.
I've only done a few charts so far, but it certainly appears to work.
Another discovery since my first post is that the converse or pre-natal harmonic chart is very strong with this method, much more than with the usual predictive methods.
An additional benefit for those who use the game chart approach is that, since the method uses the charts for the teams involved, the vexed question of who goes in the first house simply doesn't arise!
I am very impressed with these techniques. I have examined about a dozen methods for doing sports astrology and this one is up near the top.
I can supply information on how to get team chart data for US sports, if anyone is interested.

Craig

hennehen

Hi Craig
So to make it simple, you use the first match of the season as 'natal chart' and then you make a solar return chart for the event;

(match) + the 'natal chart' and you don't use the 1st house en 7th house anymore?

Seems interesting and can possibly work.. but then you must apply other rules for choosing your winner? :) For what do we need to look here & How are you doing so far Craig? Results?

I like your way of thinking: first match of season as natal i can understand the logic in it, because every season is something totally new.. this could work maybe

Thanks

Last edited:

Bulletbobb

It does work, and it works very well.
There are no solar returns involved. I don't know where you got that idea.
You use the first game of the season, accurately timed, for each team. Relocate to their home location. The road team can be left at their home site or relocated to the site of the game, which is what I do. These 'first game' charts are the basis for several predictive systems.
Then, for the game of interest, have Solar Fire calculate the 'Harmonic Age +1' chart, both direct and converse, for each team. Use either a triwheel or two biwheels (this is what I do) to view the charts. To find aspects use the synastry grid.
Maximum orb is no more than ±1°, but I suspect it is more like 1/2°. The really strong aspects are only a few minutes from exact. Angles, POF and POS, and rulers are the important things to look at. Be sure DSC and IC are turned on, as they are separate points in these charts.
Some charts are very clear in terms of which team will do better. Others are very hard to read. This is true of all methods (and I've investigated about a dozen of them, so I know what I'm talking about).
To test the method for yourself, pick a few games where the two teams were about even (use the pointspread), and one team was completely crushed by the other. like 5-1 in hockey. This means the loosing team suffered a complete collapse, and this collapse must show in the chart, altho it may not show up using the usual factors. Antiscia sometimes show the answer, but more often it's the midpoints. This is true in all methods.
Whether this method is better than others I use remains to be seen. Try it out. You'll find it refreshing to use something other than the usual game charts, which really don't work all that well, at least not the way they're usually used. Let me know what you find.

Craig

Last edited:

Bulletbobb

I am have been doing more charts using the AH+1 method, and I continue to be impressed with how well it works. It is far superior to the game chart method, which suffers, in part, from the question of who goes in the first house. With the AH method this question doesn't arise.
I can't recall getting a game wrong when the indicators in the chart clearly pick one team over another. Like any other method, most charts are fairly murky, but when they clear up it is very easy to see the winner.
If some of you out there would like to work with a method that actually works let me know and I'll help you get started.

Craig

sven555

Say for tomorrow's football/soccer fixture between England and Germany.

In Berlin. 20:45pm kick off local time.

How would I construct a chart from this?

Bulletbobb

The game chart is irrelevant.
You need the data for the first game of the season for each team. That serves as the natal chart for the season for each team.
You also need a program that will do age harmonics, altho I think a program that just does ordinary harmonics can be made to work.
Be sure to turn on the IC and DSC, as they are separate points in harmonic charts. I think anti-POF and anti-POS are also separate points, but I haven't entered them yet.
Set the time for the AH+1 chart roughly for the game time, altho it doesn't matter much.
Let me know when you get that far. It's evening here so I'll be near the computer.

Craig

Wonderful theme. J have some suggestions:
1. Ok that first game of the season a competent for that team in season. But many team are competing in difference league: League champions, nacional league, nacional cup ant itc, and for many teams competeneting in some league is not most important for some league. Usually some club choose who's league is most important for tham. Because of that I think the first game in that league is valid for other match.
2. Next, many teams excellent play in home ground, but when leave in away ground, he play very bad and inversely. When play as guest thay play very good , but at home ground is very bad. Because of that I think first match at home is most relevanted when play home.

kewf1988

Pretty interesting, though I did notice the 4th house cusp belonging to the ascendant team and the 10th to the descendant in the game charts... for example, in the Lakers/Heat game last night, Venus was conjunct the south node and Mars was parallel, pointing to the Heat winning, but Venus was sextile the POF and the POF was on the 4th house cusp, signaling a Laker win (Lakers were yellow/gold, colors of Libra, and Heat wore their red uniform, a MAJOR Aries color). For the reverse, the Heat beat the Clippers last year, though the chart pointed towards the Clippers and their light blue sleeved uniforms winning, though the POF was on the MC, which was enough for the Heat and their black uniforms to win (Clippers were Taurus and Heat were Scorpio so there were no similarities in energy or feel of the uniforms, like there can be much of the time). Just goes to show how complex astrology is.

Bulletbobb

First for Fleshgordon:
I am in the US, so the question of all these leagues doesn't arise.
We usually have an Eastern and Western conference in whatever league one may be interested in. I have never noticed any difference when teams play in or out of conference, but then I wasn't looking for it.
My thought would be, why create more natal charts? I've done hundreds of games using the season opener, and I can assure you that they work very well.
If I were going to try another chart I would try the home opener. Here in the US teams have their start of season festivities at their first home game, so that chart may be significant. Now that I think about it, I seem to recall experimenting with the HO chart a few years ago, but I didn't follow up on it.
For kewf88, the AH+1 technique doesn't use game charts, so the color issues you mention are irrelevant. I have not found the nodes to be significant in the AH+1 charts, nor are aspects to POF, other than 0 and 180.
I wouldn't pay much attention to the Lakers this year. They are playing so poorly that I wouldn't trust anything in the chart.
I usually try to look at charts between good teams, where the odds are more or less even. That way you know that if one teams has the better chart they will probably win. In the LA game, if LA had a better chart than Miami it would probably mean they played better than expected, but still lost.
There is an old saying among sports bettors: never ask a bad team to do something for you. You can't rely on them.
I'm going to post an example of the Superbowl later today.

Craig
CA, USA

Bulletbobb

A couple of days ago I came across a web page by Cynthia Withers, who has been doing sports astrology for years. In it she predicted that Carolina would win the Superbowl this year. Since they lost to Denver I thought this would make an interesting example of the AH+1 method.
The game was played in Santa Clara, CA, on February 7, in the afternoon. One advantage of this method is that the charts are not very sensitive to the game time, so I just used a time of 16:00 PST.
Hopefully the charts for the game are attached.
The first two are the direct and converse charts for Carolina, and the second are for Denver. Also attached are the synastry grids for the charts. I have found these to be very helpful in finding the important aspects. Let me know if you want the forms and I can email them to you. They are for Solar Fire.
With this method the team owning the chart goes in the first and tenth, and the opponent in the 7th. Since the game was played at a neutral field I assume the 4th refers to both teams, as there would be fans for both teams in the stadium. Usually the fourth goes to the home team in their chart. For the road team the 4th is the 10th of the 7th, because they have no fans(family) and the stadium certainly isn't their home.
I am finding that it is the close aspects that count the most in this method, with a maximum orb of no more than ±30', and even that may be too wide. I don't know about applying or separating yet, but in other methods I have found the applying orb to be much larger than the separating.
Looking at the CAR direct chart we find the following aspects:
R10 SU 0 R4 SA 18A CAR-
PL-120-JU Both are R0 so they don't count
IC-90-R0 JU 8'S. CAR- Since the IC is half Carolinas I assume this hurts CAR.
In the converse chart we find the following:
R7 VE-90-R10 SU CAR-. I have found that in aspects like this that it is the natal planet that is the more important, so this is very bad for CAR, as VE is quite malefic.
R1 MA-90-MO 1' CAR-.
R4 SA-0-R1 MA 11A CAR-

For DEN we find the following:
SU-0-SA, but as both are R0 I ignore it.
MO-90-NE, as above.
PL-120-R1 JU 12S DEN+
In the converse chart we find the following:
SA-0-MA but as both are R0 I ignore it
VE-0-SU as above
ASC-90-SA 11A. This would be bad for DEN, but the effects were lessened because SA is not a ruler.

This game was a complete no-brainer, as the aspects were very consistent, all pointing to a CAR loss, which they did 24-10. Had it not been for ASC-90-SA DEN would probably have won by an even greater margin.
This example illustrates the importance of the converse chart, as most of the relevant aspects are in that chart.
This method may seem rather complex, but in practice it is quite easy. I just look at the SynGrid and make my analysis from that. AND, there is no worrying about who goes in the first house, as you have with the game chart. So far I've only gotten 1 chart wrong when it was clear, and even that chart taught me an important lesson on how the method works.
This is a superior method. Give it a try.

Craig
CA,USA

Attachments

• Superbowl 50 Biwheels.jpg
    Superbowl 50 Biwheels.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Superbowl 50 SynGrids.jpg
    Superbowl 50 SynGrids.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 92