DEATH. 8th house in cancer??

does this signify how death could come to the person? if not, can you interpret possible 'near deaths' from your chart and where else do you look???
edited edition****

hi, im really into this morbid part of astrology now given the massive response to this thread, ad partly because my chart ruler in in my 8th house, ive uploaded my own birthchart if anyone would like to interpret it in this context, thanks in advance, and thanks to everyone(110 people!) who has responded so far;
born, 28/09/1990, 13.26pm, larne, northern ireland, uk.
astro_2gr_01_seb_clarke.50623.2359.gif

Last edited:

starlink

Future, I read that you must look at the ruler of the 8th and see in which house it falls. So if ruler 8 falls in 12, you die in a hospital, if in 10, you die in a public place, in 3 maybe by a bus running you over, in 6, through an illness, in 7 ? no idea, killed by your husband or wife maybe, LOL and so on. This is of course very general. Cheers, Star.

SunMoon

I have Aquarius on the cusp of the 8th and Uranus in the 6th house, does that mean sudden death? Accidental death at work? Death from unexpected illness?
I don't know.:confused: I think you would have to look at aspects, transits and progressions too along with your natal chart. But i don't think death is predictable.:D

starlink

hI SunMoon, no I think sudden death is more shown by Uranus in the 8th house, not in the 6th. For instance in Lady Diana's birthchart you see 2 malifics, one of them Uranus, in the 8th, but also opposed to the ruler of the 8th, the Moon.
But your Uranus in the 6th, who knows, maybe an illness, but what does it matter really how we die, in the end we all will. Hopefully in a quick manner.
Cheers, Star.

memento mori

starlink said:
Future, I read that you must look at the ruler of the 8th and see in which house it falls. So if ruler 8 falls in 12, you die in a hospital, if in 10, you die in a public place, in 3 maybe by a bus running you over, in 6, through an illness, in 7 ? no idea, killed by your husband or wife maybe, LOL and so on. This is of course very general. Cheers, Star.

my eith house begins in scorpio , should I be looking for position of Pluto or Mars?

Cause if its pluto then i need a pacifist hubby, if its Mars :D well then, I need to be nice to doctors i meet, apparently they'll be usefull :D

Andonis

Well your first and 8th house ruler is the same, Mars in Aries in the 12th. As a Sag. you will probably die in hospital due to excessive partying assisted (negatively) by your hidden enemies, having a great time. Your Moon ruler of 4th is in a poor state in Capri and orthogonal to mars. I think Sag have a great philosophy in life and death so I do not worry about them. (wink)

Arian Maverick

I've always been morbidly fascinated by indicators of death in a natal chart, yet most statistics seem to indicate that death by heart disease is more common than, say, death by electrocution or some other "exciting" means. Leo rules the heart, but it seems highly unlikely to me that all individuals who die of heart disease--and there are many--have Leo on the cusp of the eighth house or some other connection between Leo and the eighth house. Therefore, how do you count for societal trends in a natal chart?

Another lead cause of death appears to be cancer, which curiously bears the same name as the zodiac sign. Cancer is defined as the abnormal growth of cancer cells in one's body--which we all possess, by the way--so perhaps Jupiter would be involved as well?

I don't want to scare you are anyone else; I'm just providing some suggestions of what is likely, statistically speaking.

I also imagine that an individual would be undergoing some significant transits at the moment of his or her death.

my eith house begins in scorpio , should I be looking for position of Pluto or Mars?

I have the same position, momento mori, and Pluto is also located in the eighth house in Scorpio. I don't want to speculate what kind of death this may indicate, but Mars in Gemini in the third house seems to indicate that I would die in a car accident on a short trip near home, most likely becuase I was driving too quickly. With my Aries stellium, I bet the car would burst into flames! :D

It would be interesting if an insurance company conducted some study of the major causes of death of individuals born under a particular Sun sign. Ideally, it would be more conclusive than this, yet such studies never seem to extend beyond Sun sign. I wonder if one has already been conducted that we dont' know about...?

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

sallyd

My eighth house begins in Taurus. I have Venus in Taurus.....

I now intend to steer very clear of fields where there may be the odd rampant bull lurking.....

:eek:

Arian Maverick

My eighth house begins in Taurus. I have Venus in Taurus.....

I now intend to steer very clear of fields where there may be the odd rampant bull lurking.....

Yes, you've got to watch out for those rampant bulls! :38:

This placement automatically makes me think of dying from some excess, whether it be eating good food, drinking fine wine, or perhaps even dying during sex! I could think of worse ways to go ;)

Seriously, though, I think we should research this further to see if there is any connection between our astrological speculations and reality. It is possible that eighth house Venus in Taurus could indicate something different.

I'll meet you at Astrotheme; there's an advanced search features that allows you to locate those in the database with specific planetary placements--Astrology and Statistics!

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

starlink

Hi momento, just look at both Mars and Pluto, traditional and Modern, then you get the whole picture I guess. sometimes in charts of very old people, in their 80th or so or deceased people who lived ages ago, the traditional planets seem to be more indicative. After 1930 or so and maybe till 2050 both planets could play a role (in my case both do really show a part of my psyche) and very much in the future, maybe the moderns will play a more important part. Dont know, just my feeling. Star.

starlink

Hello Arian Maverick, I happen to have a book called: " The Astrology of accidents" written by C.E.O. Carter. I have it in Dutch, but it is originally in English. I am compelled to look more into it (so many books I read only fleetingly or just half, this one included).
Star.

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick - I'm afraid I can't make any sense of that site

The site can be somewhat difficult to navigate, especially if you don't speak French, but there's a little English flag at the top right hand corner of the page that brings you to the English version of the site, which is less comprehensive than the original but still pretty good.

Basically, Astrotheme is a huge database of the natal charts of famous individuals, both living and dead; I don't believe there is any way to specifically search for the charts of individuals who are no longer living, but I was suggesting that we use the Astrology and Statistics! page to examine the charts of individuals with their eighth house cusps in certain houses, and then possibly to refine the search to search for not only this but the placement of their eighth house ruler in a specific sign or house. Then, among the deceased, we would read the wikipedia article at the top of the page and look for commonalities in how the individuals died. This is a long process, but it's the only one I can think of to really explore this further.

Here's a link to get us started: House VIII in Signs.

Hello Arian Maverick, I happen to have a book called: " The Astrology of accidents" written by C.E.O. Carter. I have it in Dutch, but it is originally in English. I am compelled to look more into it (so many books I read only fleetingly or just half, this one included).

This sounds fascinating, starlink!

Arian Maverick

memento mori

it could be worse u know :D i've had an astrologer tell me i'll die in jail convicted of some serious crime [he was mildly inexpirienced and went straight to my 12th house mars .... and ofcourse isntaead with hospitals he connected 12th with dungeons, chains and medieval torture :D]

Arian, I'm gonna go hunting for ur chart now. car accident and death during sex [ lol :p ] dont freak me out as much as my combos ... in fact id love a car accident minus the bursting in flames part :D.

and speaking of astrologers predicting dangers, i've been told not to buy an old sports car [which i really erally hv the hotts for] cause i might suffocate or something. the rookie who said that was looking at venus/jupiter opposition which i still hv no clue how did he m,anage to interprret that way

edit Arian I've found us a deceased with Aries AC and empty eighth house . none other then John Lennon. He's 8th house cusp is on 29 of Scorpio. Now let's establish what planet to consider the ruler... would it be mars [in 6th house in libra in lennons chart] or pluto [in 5th house leo opposing the moon

I'm also going to look into Johnny Cash's and several other charts. anyhoo. till then

Last edited: