How many lives it takes?

athair

Perhaps the Zenon´s Turtle vs Achilles paradox applied?

I have Chiron in Aries; so i´ve spent years (and even decades) waking up from sleep with a lump in my throat! Chiron in Aries is not a really great placement:lol:

Greetings!

animatedoodle

I have Chiron in Aries; so i´ve spent years (and even decades) waking up from sleep with a lump in my throat! Chiron in Aries is not a really great placement:lol:

Greetings!

Greetings!

That is interesting...why the lump in the throat? I thought Aries ruled the head.
Taurus rules the throat doesn't it?

Does your Chiron aspect any personal planets? Like Venus?

animatedoodle

"In a race, the quickest runner can never overtake the slowest, since the pursuer must first reach the point whence the pursued started, so that the slower must always hold a lead."

*sigh* That makes sense but its difficult to be conscious of the application

athair

Chiron in Aries in the 5th (also South Node) conjunct Venus in the same placement...

Ps: at about 13 years old, i was skating over a slippery wet floor (with rainy water), and at a given moment my skate slipped away and my head went directly towards the floor (a quite compact one); from that day on a sort of egg-like form comes with me in the upper left corner of my head bone :sideways:

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

How many lives it takes to reach the North Node? Greetings!

I think you are asking how many past lives do we have before we come off the karmic wheel?

I have been interested in this topic, but can find no clear answers in the reincarnation literature. The prevailing thought at this point seems to be that each of us has as many past lives as it takes to evolve to a higher level soul. To have learned the lessons we need to learn to move to the next level. I think some people have hundreds of past lives, others may have a smaller number.

Some souls come back to earth in order to help Earth move forward.
They don't really need to reincarnate here any more, but are like Peace Corp volunteers! :)

So I don't think there is a hard and fast rule about how many past lives we have had.

athair

Thanks!

By the time i wrote the post i was thinking in terms like "the north node ought to be somethink similar to the road's horizon as being watched by the driver of a car: it seemed to be getting closer up to a point where the driver realize that he has only been dealing with a mirage...etc"

I was indeed feeling like i had been running away from my north node, in some respects!

After a couple of days i found a website sharing the view that, in a sense, both nodes were meant to be working at any given time, which made sense to me after all...a sort of complementary issue going on...perhaps ying & yang, the melting of the opposites within a more comprehensive nature*, etc.

By the way, i just realized (among some other aspects) that i've been through pluto squaring my nodal axe since pluto entered in capricorn...this, plus other outer planets squares (neptune squaring saturn in sag moon; pluto in cap sq uranus in aries (south node); etc, which leave me wondering so many things...;-)

Greetings!

*according to this one could also think of reincarnation fron a different point of view

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

Thanks!

By the time i wrote the post i was thinking in terms like "the north node ought to be somethink similar to the road's horizon as being watched by the driver of a car: it seemed to be getting closer up to a point where the driver realize that he has only been dealing with a mirage...etc"

I was indeed feeling like i had been running away from my north node, in some respects!

After a couple of days i found a website sharing the view that, in a sense, both nodes were meant to be working at any given time, which made sense to me after all...a sort of complementary issue going on...perhaps ying & yang, the melting of the opposites within a more comprehensive nature*, etc.

By the way, i just realized (among some other aspects) that i've been through pluto squaring my nodal axe since pluto entered in capricorn...this, plus other outer planets squares (neptune squaring saturn in sag moon; pluto in cap sq uranus in aries (south node); etc, which leave me wondering so many things...;-)

Greetings!

*according to this one could also think of reincarnation fron a different point of view

Thank you Athair for clarifying your question. I wasn't sure if I had really understood what you were asking.

I think your car metaphor is accurate in some ways. There have been some excellent posts by others on this site talking about how we grow into our North Node. We start out more in our South Node, and as we mature, we are on a journey to realize our soul purpose, the North Node. And yes, the best way to look at the Nodes are as a Nodal axis. We take the good of the South Node and combine it with the best of the North Node energy.

For example I am a Virgo South Node and was originally trained as a scientist in the health care field. Then as I matured, I gradually, to my surprise, began to deal with my Pisces North Node energy. These are connected to my Grand Water Trine. I began to integrate my Virgo science training with my Pisces, psychic, intuitive and spiritual energy. And here I am practicing karmic astrology. But always using right and left brain, intuition and logic.

Back to your comments, outer planet aspects to the nodes are important, including outer planet transits, will activate and move you towards the North Node. And yes sometimes the North Node does seem like a mirage, and disappears from sight. :)

What did you mean about some of this causing you to re-think reincarnation?

Julia

athair

Perhaps, one of the influences of natal Neptune in my chart (neptune in sag moon squaring mercury in pisces sun) plus transit Neptune in pisces squaring natal neptunr (and conj natal mercury), has recently given me a rather neptunian approach to the subject (namely, the melting of the opposite nodes into a 3rd entity, so to speak).

I'm not quite sure yet as to whether that would allow a slightly different approach to the reincarnation issue, except that i might for sure re-reincarnate in a dog :biggrin: (just kidding)...

Greetings (and thanks)!

Julia Karmic Astrology

Yes, Neptune is going to help us integrate energy.
It helps us integrate material and spiritual; and conscious, unconscious, cosmic awareness.
And pushes us towards becoming more evolved in terms of being part of the collective.
An awareness that we are no longer separate entities, but part of something much bigger.

If you are a Pisces Sun you have spent many lifetimes traveling the zodiac.
So it is in this life that you are going to integrate all of that learning and energy with the goal of merging with higher level consciousness.

And yes of course it will impact your next incarnation a great deal.
And it is possible for a Pisces Sun to have no further need to reincarnate unless
you choose to do so.

Julia

Perhaps, one of the influences of natal Neptune in my chart (neptune in sag moon squaring mercury in pisces sun) plus transit Neptune in pisces squaring natal neptunr (and conj natal mercury), has recently given me a rather neptunian approach to the subject (namely, the melting of the opposite nodes into a 3rd entity, so to speak).

I'm not quite sure yet as to whether that would allow a slightly different approach to the reincarnation issue, except that i might for sure re-reincarnate in a dog :biggrin: (just kidding)...

Greetings (and thanks)!

Lin

I'm living my north node in this life. I can't seem to help myself. It conjuncts my Mars in Virgo and is in my 10th house...which might have something to do with why I can't avoid it.
It differs for everyone.
If a planet or planets conjunct your s. node it will be harder to attain the ideal of the n. node.
LIN

athair

If a planet or planets conjunct your s. node it will be harder to attain the ideal of the n. node.

Would you develope that concept a little bit further?

i've read about conjuncting planets to the SN as enforcing the way towards NN issues (in particular, something like having planets conjunct SN precludes the person to attach to the SN issues at a relatively early age), and seemed related to my own experience.

I have Venus conjunct Chiron both conjuncting SN.

Had we rephrased the quote as follows "if a planet or planets conjunct your s.node it will be more painful to attain the ideal of the n.node" i would also relate...but now im wondering whether the pain i've seemed to have felt had indeed been the pain of approaching (rather harshly at times, i would say) the NN or rather the CHIRON pain revisited over and over, in which case i would have been strongly attached to the SN (to complicate the matter even more, my NN is in Libra, while Libras' ruler, that is Venus is conjunct SN)...

perhaps if having SN in 5th house being a Pisces Sun made Pisces the ruler ot the SN (or of the SN' house), then it would be easier to understand some of the perplexities of the subject?

thanks

Last edited:

Monk

Premium Member
My North Node is in Sag 04*25', my South Node is obviously the same in Gemini, but are square Mercury 04*38 Virgo and Jupiter at 06*16' Virgo.
My MC is 29*16' Leo, conjunct Pluto at 27*53' Leo, I am a Scorpio rising.

But yes i am interested in previous life interpretation, i always thought i was a Monk in a previous life, hence the avatar name!

JUPITERASC

My North Node is in Sag 04*25', my South Node is obviously the same in Gemini, but are square Mercury 04*38 Virgo and Jupiter at 06*16' Virgo.
My MC is 29*16' Leo, conjunct Pluto at 27*53' Leo, I am a Scorpio rising.

But yes i am interested in previous life interpretation, i always thought
i was a Monk in a previous life, hence the avatar name!
Hi Monk :smile:
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24455
(Following is presented as a general information item only)

According to a certain esoteric tradition (which accepts the concepts of karma and reincarnation to the "earth plane") the following technique can be applied to astrologically delineate the factors of the most recent previous incarnation.

+obtain the current natal chart
+put this natal chart into an Equal House (or-my addition-into a Whole Sign) chart format
+the object is to convert this current natal chart into the Past Life Chart (PLC)

Method

a) find the cusp(sensitive point in whole sign: abbreviated sp) of the 12th house in the natal chart.

b) find the degree of the Dragon's Tail (DT; aka South Node) in the natal chart

c) add the longitudinal degrees of the natal 12th house to the longitudinal degrees of the DT: enter the result as the cusp/sp of the 1st house in the PLC
(explanation: sounds more difficult than it is: really only simple arithmetic; the zodiac wheel is reduced to 360 degrees, and handled similar to finding Arabic Parts: you take the number associated with the degree of the 12th natal house and add it to the number associated with the degree of the DT; zodiacal degree numbers may be determined from the following little table:
Aries = 0
Taurus = 30
Gemini = 60
Cancer = 90
Leo = 120
Virgo = 150
Libra = 180
Scorpio = 210
Sagittarius = 240
Capricorn = 270
Aquarius = 300
Pisces = 330

Thus, for example, 10 degrees Aries = 10; 20 degrees Capricorn = 290;
29 degrees Pisces = 359, etc etc

If the added together numbers of the natal 12th house and the natal DT exceed 360, then subtract the 360 degree circle of the zodiac from the sum and this will give you your answer:
For example:
natal 12th = 15 degrees Libra
natal DT = 29 degrees Pisces
Your total in this case would be 554 (thus exceeds 360 degree limit of the zodiac); so, subtract the circle of the zodiac-360-from this number, which leaves 194. Looking 194 up in the above table, we find this number corresponds with 14 degrees Libra: this would be entered into the PLC as the cusp/sp of the 1st PLC house)

d) once the cusp/sp of the 1st PLC house has been entered, carry that degree around for each of the other PLC houses:
Example:
PLC cusp/sp of 1st house = 14 Libra
so, cusp/sp of 2nd PLC house = 14 Scorpio; of 3rd PLC house = 14 Sagittarius; of 4th PLC house = 14 Capricorn; and so on, around the chart
(thus the final 12th PLC house cusp/sp would = 14 Virgo in this example)

e) now fill in the PLC signs/houses with planets converted from the natal chart:
+start with the Sun: find Sun's place in the natal chart, then subtract 30 degrees from it: this is the Sun's place in the PLC:
Example: natal Sun = 10 degrees Taurus; subtract 30 degrees from this, which = 10 degrees Aries: enter Sun 10Aries in the PLC
+ do the same with natal Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn (the outer planets or other natal chart elements are not included in this method)
+EXCEPTION to the above: in the case of any natal planet in retrograde, ADD 30 degrees to its natal position to convert it into the PLC:
Example: natal Jupiter is at 18 degrees Cancer-retrograde; add 30 degrees to Jupiter for the PLC; thus Jupiter's position in the PLC = 18 degrees Leo
+in the case of retrograde natal planets, they are also marked as retrograde in the PLC
+regarding the natal nodes, always ADD 30 degrees to both the natal nodal axis (that is advance the North Node 30 degrees to form the plc nodal axis, which means the SN would of course fall back by 1 sign in the plc)

You now have your completed Past Life Chart.

This esoteric tradition emphasizes including stars posited with 2 degrees of any PLC angle or planet or node, in the Past Life analysis. This tradition also believe that the PLC 12th house-and anything in it-describes the situation/condition of the incarnating ego during the period between physical incarnations (that is, the "other world" state of the individual prior to their current physical incarnation)

An interesting technique for those who might want to experiment with it.

JUPITERASC

My North Node is in Sag 04*25', my South Node is obviously the same in Gemini, bu
t are square Mercury 04*38 Virgo and Jupiter at 06*16' Virgo.
My MC is 29*16' Leo, conjunct Pluto at 27*53' Leo,
I am a Scorpio rising.
But yes i am interested in previous life interpretation, i
always thought i was a Monk in a previous life, hence the avatar name!
Hi Monk :smile:
the following is likely to be of interest to you
Reincarnation and Astrology, with Steven Forrest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itkBygnVqtg

An interview with astrologer Steven Forrest
about his work with Evolutionary Astrology,

and
the application of the concepts of karma
and reincarnation
to astrology.
Steven is the author of the book
Yesterday's Sky: Astrology and Reincarnation
and as well as several other books.
You can find more information about his work
at: https://www.forrestastrology.com

Humanitarian

sedna = reincarnation
Yes, as Sedna rules our past lives too, and I have it ib 12th house, squaring Mars and Chiron, which makes a T-square, and has a yod with my Sun-Moon, and Sedna as the apex, and I see that my past lives are not as worse as other's past lives but rather nicer, and even helped a lot of people, too! (because I had a masculine-feminine balance then too).

JUPITERASC

How many lives it takes to reach the North Node? Greetings!
The lunar nodes are the two points where the Moon's orbital path
crosses the ecliptic, the Sun's apparent yearly path on the celestial sphere.

Why You Need To Understand Your NORTH NODE Astrology :)

lunar-nodes-diagram-educational-poster-vector-27039833.jpg

Lin

This question cannot be answered as asked. Because each person has different nodal positions...and each person can have planets conj either node....or NOT.
It is easier to live out your north node (a good thing) is you have an active planet conjunct it. It will be "automatic".
If you have ...let's say....Pluto or Neptune or Uranus or even or maybe especially, the Sun, conj your south node, it will be harder to live out your north node mandate.

So it varies from person to person.

Obviously, as time goes on, transits and progressions will conjunct one or both your nodes....and each person will learn from those experiences....and hopefully work out those energies and grow from those experiences.

Learning in detail ABOUT the nodes is helpful. My favorite book on this subject is by Martin Schulman. It is very detailed. Putting his name in your browser will bring up his site and all the books he has written.

So...the node in the house and sign is very important...as are any planets to either node...for better or worse.

I want to add that it is common to use the word Karma...when dealing with the nodes. For people who believe in reincarnation, this is fine...perfectly valid.
But for someone whose religious philosophy does not include reincarnation, ONE can think of the south node as your experiences in the PAST....in THIS life... which you must overcome in order to fulfill the mandate of the N. Node.

Lin