The Vertex Conundrum

The Vertex aspect is....?

• Legitimate

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Unsubstantiated

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

EGOR

First things first: hello to all. New guy here, on a quest for a little enlightenment. (Or maybe alot. :) ) I've been doing a little bit of research on The Vertex, and I've found that there seems to be a bit of controversy as to whether this is a "real" aspect. I suppose this discussion could go in a few different directions but the main reason I'm asking about this is because I think (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that I may possibly have a second Yod in my chart with the vertex being one of the aspects at the base of the triangle.

Here's my chart:

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid=ejhfileUciy90-u1170073912&lang=e&gm=a1&nhor=3&nho2=3&btyp=2&mth=gw&sday=1&smon=2&syr=2007&hsy=0&zod=&orbp=&rs=0&add=18&add=19&add=20&add=22&add=12&add=13&add=14&add=15&add=23&add=136199&ast=

If I'm reading this correctly, the Yod base is 22' Sco Moon & North Node sextile 25' Vir Vertex, with 20' Ari Jupiter at the apex. Even still, given what little I know about astrology, what I've come to expect so far is that there always seems to be some obscure "rule" to be expected in situations like this that otherwise would prohibit a vertex from being considered as an aspect in a Yod. So if I'm barking up the wrong tree here, please let me know.

So what's everybody's take on The Vertex? Proven? Unproven? Has anybody had a "vertex experience" that they'd be willing to share?

Thanks in advance for your time. :cool:

Last edited:

Pisceanfool

Now we have to compete for answers lol ;). I'll add to say that in my research it seems to link to cosmic understanding/awareness and even to other dimensions (immediately think of indigo children which you HAVE to read about if you havn't). This is most true with the NN or personal planet in conj. or aspecting, but most the info on it has to do with transits unlocking "Destiny". Looks like you do have a yod, if thats what two quicunx's and a sextile is, with your NN in the equation and a fairly close orb like mine (lucky you :D). Also it points to the 1st house which could be some kind of personal purpose or great reward for you of some kind when it is somehow activated.

Well if a well aspected vertex does anything without the NN in conj or aspecting i'll find out... for better or worse...

Edit: here is an interesting site on this http://www.noeltyl.com/techniques/050531.html

Last edited:

EGOR

Hmm, it appears there must be some technical difficulties because I got an email confirming that "Belgianmoonguy" posted a reply but it's not showing up. I'll go ahead and copy and paste his reply here:

Belgianmoonguy said:
I think you need to see the Vx in comparison with the chart of someone
else, mostly your partner/ lover/ affair...

May be it indicates by aspects and sign placement people you feel
attracted too, but again, comparison is needed with an other chart

No arguments here. :) However, the thing that intrigues me about this vertex is that while it's decribed (in some texts) as being the significator of meeting a person or experiencing an event, it seems to just leave it at that. It's "flavor" seems kind've vague. The problem I see with this is that you can also derive that same conclusion with just about any other planet or angle comparison in a chart already, so in that regard, lending that type've creedance to this aspect sort've undermines the rest of the galaxy.

If for example, a person has an aries vertex, but also has aries moon, venus & mars, if we're going to look at their chart to determine what type've person they're going to meet and be the most romantically compatible with, what is the vertex going to tell us about that situation that these other planets aren't?

Like I have Vx @ 11°30' Aqua... conjunct Jupiter (16°18' Aqua) and my
Sun/ Moon midpoint
It quincunxes Mars (10°35' Cancer), BiQuintiles my Sun (3°46' Cancer)
I know lots of Aqua's and some of them were part of my love life...
Interesting observation is also that Uranus is since the end of '04 in my
7th house... Since then Aqua's (whether Sun/ Moon/ Venus or Rising)
were the main part of my love life...

See this is exactly what I'm getting at: your Uranus has been in your 7th house, which (I think?) is a good explanation for the Aquarius relations, but what about those relations is your Aqu Vx telling us that the 7th House Uranus is not?

I use small orbs with Vx, max until 3°...

I'm assuming this was referring to my question about the Yod? Are the angles I listed not really a Yod? I'm still a little fuzzy on computing aspects.

Last edited:

Pisceanfool

EGOR said:
No arguments here. :) However, the thing that intrigues me about this vertex is that while it's decribed (in some texts) as being the significator of meeting a person or experiencing an event, it seems to just leave it at that. It's "flavor" seems kind've vague. The problem I see with this is that you can also derive that same conclusion with just about any other planet or angle comparison in a chart already, so in that regard, lending that type've creedance to this aspect sort've undermines the rest of the galaxy.

If for example, a person has an aries vertex, but also has aries moon, venus & mars, if we're going to look at their chart to determine what type've person they're going to meet and be the most romantically compatible with, what is the vertex going to tell us about that situation that these other planets aren't?

I have to agree the vertex cant be solely for synestry and relationships unless it has a greater bearing on them then the 7th house+venus/mars+uranus (thinking romantic relationships). If that is so then **** i am gonna fall in love with a virgo i guess... funny thing is i have but hes a guy, heh, and i dont know if it's really "love". There are only 3 virgos i know, but maybe that will change. My vertex lies in the 7th house so it probably has to do with partnerships of some kind anyway.

I think vertex has ALOT to do with karma, maybe more then alot of other planets/points. The most prevailing info on sites is that the vertex activates ONE hugely important event in your life that cant be avoided, if you have a strong natal vertex that is.