Astral Projection/Travel

Lykanized

I understand this is something you can do in a meditative state or in your dreams. I knew someone who would astral project quite by accident at night and she couldn't control it. My mom once had an out of body experience while praying but quickly was pulled back into her body

I want to learn how to astral project. I'm dedicated to it. Does anyone have any tips? I know I'd have to start off small, possibly just OBEs. But eventually I'd love to be able to do some travel. I also realize most people astral project by meditating, but some people are able to do it while their body is sleeping

I'm a part of a group dedicated to developing psychic techniques and the leader of the group writes down what he calls 'prayers', but they're not like Christian prayers. They're more like intentions and callings upon spirit guides to guide in the projection. I've come to realize lately the sheer power of intention and words whether written or said out loud. Is this an important part for anyone who's astral projected before?

Culpeper

Premium Member
Having studied this, I do not think it can be done just by some New Age meditation system. Something more powerful or violent is required. To travel out of the body one must break the silver cord yet survive. A violent accident or shell shock from high explosives may do it. Taking psycho active drugs as Carlos Castaneda writes about in his books are often used. Taking a vision quest under harsh conditions is another method. Robert A. Monroe claims he began astral travel spontaneously in middle age. Most people don't believe him and it is said he took drugs such as ayahuasca although he denies it. The books written by Castaneda and Monroe appear to be highly fictional. You can try listening to drumming CDs in a dark room and see what happens after awhile. This is the safest method. If you kill yourself with that other stuff don't blame me.

Lykanized

Having studied this, I do not think it can be done just by some New Age meditation system. Something more powerful or violent is required. To travel out of the body one must break the silver cord yet survive. A violent accident or shell shock from high explosives may do it. Taking psycho active drugs as Carlos Castaneda writes about in his books are often used. Taking a vision quest under harsh conditions is another method. Robert A. Monroe claims he began astral travel spontaneously in middle age. Most people don't believe him and it is said he took drugs such as ayahuasca although he denies it. The books written by Castaneda and Monroe appear to be highly fictional. You can try listening to drumming CDs in a dark room and see what happens after awhile. This is the safest method. If you kill yourself with that other stuff don't blame me.
The only things I think that might help are certain psychoactive drugs and the drumming CDs in a dark room and also the vision quest. That other **** is unnecessary. You don't need to nearly kill yourself to do this...

Some people work from the assumption that these things are all but out of our grasp, but I also really don't think that's true

Ukpoohbear

I remember listening to this video interview where a group of younger boys got to ask this monk in his 30s questions and one of the questions was if he believes in astral travel.

He said he didn’t follow that route throughout his life but did have one experience when he was younger when he was playing with a make-shift hammock making it go faster, just for the fun of it, when he accidentally slipped out of his body and was able to go downstairs to where his little brother was making a sandwich in the kitchen. His little brother couldn’t see him but he dropped the plate he was using and the noise of it quickly made the monk return to his physical body but when he went downstairs his brother told him he had smashed the plate.

I’ll try find the video.

Ayahuasca does sound cool but from what I’ve seen on different groups on fb, a lot of people seem to think drugs are the answer.

In my personal opinion, if astral travelling were to happen for me I would want it to happen naturally. I think that will be when I am ready spiritually and have matured enough on a soul level to use it for the right purposes. That’s my personal journey.

It doesn’t explain why some people are capable of doing it naturally, the same way psychics are psychic. Some people are born psychics are they use it for selfish purposes, same with astral travel, so I don’t see it as being connected to how ‘good’ your soul is.

Last edited:

Lykanized

In my personal opinion, if astral travelling were to happen for me I would want it to happen naturally. I think that will be when I am ready spiritually and have matured enough on a soul level to use it for the right purposes. That’s my personal journey.

It doesn’t explain why some people are capable of doing it naturally, the same way psychics are psychic. Some people are born psychics are they use it for selfish purposes, same with astral travel, so I don’t see it as being connected to how ‘good’ your soul is.
Well, I was told that I naturally at the soul level already have the ability to travel interdimensionally, I just haven't remembered it yet but I will when I'm ready. So maybe I should just be patient in that regard and it'll come along on my journey. There are certainly greater things for me to focus on when it comes to my path

As for that second part...I've often pondered why some people are born with psychic gifts. I recently heard from a 17 yr old boy who is so strongly empathic that he can't look anyone in the eyes or walk into a room without being bombarded by a hurricane of everyone's pain and secret. It was so bad he was nearly suicidal because of it. I knew a girl who could predict things accurately, but only for people she was close to or people connected to people she was close to, however...she would predict both negative and positive things and predicting negative things about people we're close to can't be the easiest **** to deal with

I don't think it has anything to do with how good or bad we are either. It wouldn't make sense to me. I think it genuinely has to do with our spiritual journey if we come into this world with overt psychic gifts. If we come into this world with minor psychic gifts, I'm not quite sure. It could be an imprint from our soul, or it may be something we are meant to develop as part of our journey

I do know everyone's capable of accessing psychic gifts which I'm sure you know too. So that makes me wonder whether people who can't even feel an imprint of psychic ability should try to develop skills. I always try to check why I'm doing what I'm doing and what my drive is, personally

Ukpoohbear

Well, we are all souls and can’t really remember what it’s like being in space. So we all have the ability to astral travel because it’s basically just how you get around without a body.

Why it comes easier to remember than others I don’t know. I’ve never heard from anyone who can do it who is my age(actually did one guy and he was apparently in touch with his past from other planets like aliens species ). It’s mainly people who are in their 40s and 50s, which is why I think it will happen for me then too.

Imagine those completely selfish and manipulative people who refuse to look at their shadow AND they have the ability to astral travel? That’s black magic! It’s bound to exist, since there is every spectrum of chance.

I have heard from other people that all it takes is practice too. They say it’s quite easy, but I don’t know. I’ve had out of body experiences and have felt the astral travel with the help of a teacher guiding me. Then I’ve had some intense meditation images come to me.

When my Gran died, I felt her flying around she was so happy, she had a Moon in Sag so you can imagine the joy she felt at being free. When I experienced it with help from that teacher, my jest instinct was not ‘what the hell is happening’ but WOW I’m so freeee. It comes back to us very naturally. I don’t think either experience is true astral travel because I’ve not had control over it though, just glimpses.

Meditation probably is the best way to get your body used to thinking with the different parts of the mind than what we use in everyday life. To help us remember.

One of the reasons why I think it comes with maturity (for me anyway) is because I have to learn to control my particular energy. But again, that doesn’t explain how it comes easier to others.

I’ve read some posts from here where people describe being in touch with spirits. It isn’t labelled as astral travel and is amongst lots of other information but I’ve read people describe creatures from folklore.

Last edited:

Lykanized

Since you brought up past lives on other planets...Spookily, I believe what this person meant is that I have the ability to travel to other dimensions than just the astral plane. But I know I'm gonna have to wait for that...Or take some DMT lol

Ukpoohbear

I assumed they would go hand in hand. When you astral travel you can fly to other planets which is why I was advised that astronomy is a good topic to study so it is easier to navigate.

Have you had a star seed reading done?

Btw, your example of your friend/enemy describing something so accurately about you. Part of the reason we are going through this whole pain and mental trauma thing is to give us the ability to empathise with people at a soul level but also so people can learn from us. So she or he is seeing his shadow because your problems are more out in the open.

I get this a lot, being projected on. It’s not for me to reveal their shadow when I see it because it could backfire if they resist the negative image of themselves and bully me more.

BUT we are already creating magic, we just don’t see it or believe t yet. Everything we touch turns to gold when we hold ourselves to a high standard :)

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

I wouldn’t take DMT. That mars in Scorpio conjunct Pluto guy understand other dimensions through his use of DMT, but I’ve done it through meditation. It’s a cheat way, I think. Although, if it opens a persons mind to then go on a spiritual journey then it has its uses. Or like ayahuasca can help you rid of buried trauma.

But I would question your impatience and if part of t is because you have a lack of belief in yourself? If you could have hindsight and had already astral projected without needing drugs, you would have more assurance you wouldn’t need to.

I’m also aware that there is a chance I am making drugs into a negative thing by being judgemental about them but if you wanting to take drugs comes from insecurity, I wouldn’t do it.

ashriia

You don't need any kind of drugs to reach something similar to astral projection.

In reality, its much simpler you just need repetitive sounds to listen to, percussive elements/drumming is definitely high on the list, but really anything rhythmic and repetitive. Find a dark quiet space- play music - and wait until you begin to dance/move along to the music-which happens on its own and should be completely natural. At some point you will have something akin to an out of body experience. There should be someone else with you however, to bring you back or help you out of it if need be. I definitely would not recommend doing it alone.

Lykanized

Have you had a star seed reading done?
Would you believe me if I told you what I really am? I was able to get a reading from two different people

Also no, I believe in myself, I'm just impatient and I don't believe there's anything wrong with using DMT either

Lykanized

Only thing holding me back from DMT is that I know no one who sells it and I can't make it while also being discrete lol. I plan on going on an Ayahuasca retreat still which uses a DMT like drug

Ukpoohbear

Would you believe me if I told you what I really am? I was able to get a reading from two different people

Also no, I believe in myself, I'm just impatient and I don't believe there's anything wrong with using DMT either

I dunno it depends on what the reading said lol

Lykanized

You don't need any kind of drugs to reach something similar to astral projection.

In reality, its much simpler you just need repetitive sounds to listen to, percussive elements/drumming is definitely high on the list, but really anything rhythmic and repetitive. Find a dark quiet space- play music - and wait until you begin to dance/move along to the music-which happens on its own and should be completely natural. At some point you will have something akin to an out of body experience. There should be someone else with you however, to bring you back or help you out of it if need be. I definitely would not recommend doing it alone.
Thank you Ashriia...
I was thinking something percussive was a definite as I know that's what some ancient tribes have used to enter into otherworldly states. I actually have a penchant for entering otherworldly states as it is and I've used music for that to enter druglike states many times for creativity. Maybe it's time for me to revisit that but let myself go so far into the experience that I start to feel as if I'm right on the edge. The states I've experienced I've likened to 'losing myself' and letting the music possess me. But I know I need to go further than that because I've never had an out of body experience that I can remember

How would another person bring you back? Just shake your body?

Lykanized

I don't have a problem with drugs being used to facilitate spiritual experiences. I've done DMT before and honestly, it didn't change my life. I definitely blasted off and met the 'others', but when I came back down, I didn't change the trajectory of my life. I guess for a while I got interested in interdimensional aliens, but it didn't enrich my life. It was my first hallucinogen ever, so I don't know if that changes the effect. It was pretty wild, but not something I feel the need to do again.

Honestly, meditation has had many more positive effects and influences in my life than anything else. :smile:
I know meditation's important. I've been finding it very hard to stick with meditation as my mind is very active. But I know things are pushing me in that direction and that makes it more likely that I do need it. I also need to stay more grounded. I think when I'm able to get to that point, it'll really make me feel proud lmfao

I've made so many insights and have found so much peace just through insights I've made, but I know meditation needs to be adopted for me. Daily meditation. It's like the elephant in my room I've just chosen not to address for many years and not I'm starting to force myself to view just look it in the eyes lol

I've been very interested in DMT, but Ayahuasca retreats, at least when given by the right guides, are much more powerful than just doing DMT independently. It's much more encompassing and I wonder if sources of DMT matter, but I can't say for sure they do. I'm starting to wonder if I need it, but by the time I'm able to go, I'll know if it's right for me. I've been learning a lot about myself on my own as well as doing spiritual work, but I feel like I could gain a lot from a retreat. People who have gone on them do pretty universally say it's life changing which piqued my interest. But still, I'll know whether it's for me or not when the time comes

Granted, some people do say DMT's lifechanging, but I suppose that depends on the person. Maybe some people don't need it. I already have firm belief in 'the others' whether they be human spirits or spirits from other planets and dimensions. I pretty much already have been digging into what I'm supposed to do here as I know I'm supposed to do something. But I can't shake feeling that there's always more. I remember one woman's trip where beforehand, she had looked at this picture of I think maybe it was the chakra system, so her whole trip was based around learning about that

I rely on intuition so I think that'll govern whether I ever do DMT independently or not. If there's something to be found, I know I'll know it

Thank you for your experience. I definitely feel like we all don't absolutely need the same things for our journeys. I'm a very very curious person by nature, but I can distinguish it from intuition

Last edited:

Lykanized

PS, my interest in astral projection has waned. Well, not my interest, but I feel like that may have just been curiosity. It'll be something that'll happen in time if it's right for me. Or I'll be pulled to information involving it or people who could help. Some medium who helped me dig into myself a little bit suggested I join a skype group dedicated to practicing empathic skills and various other psychic skills, but for some reason, my intuition's been pulling me away from it and it's kinda nagging me. That would be the medium who got me interested in astral projection as well. Not to say I think he's a bad person or that he was wrong, I just don't necessarily feel like it's right for me right now to actively practice these things. I feel like maybe I need more spiritual wisdom before
In fact, I think it might be that I need to become a more meditative person before I even try to venture into those things. I'm not gonna make any progress anyway without that. Jesus. Yeah. Elephant in my room. Celine needs to practice meditation

Cap

Thumbs up for correct decision!

Astral projection is just a waste of effort and energy.

This is the road map of meditation journey:

AUM.png

For the sake of clarity, the same road map from the point of view of consensus reality:

big_AUM.jpg

Astral worlds are located in the field named "Active Unconscious Mind". Yes, astral worlds are part of your mind and simultaneously these are places that can be visited with inhabitants that can be contacted. Access to astral worlds is just a minor side effect of meditation. In fact, as your experience unfolds, you'll have to learn how to completely transcend this region of your mind because your ultimate goal is the experience of "Question Mark". All multidimensionality, innumerable physical, astral and causal worlds with all their wonders are just part of the mind and in order to have experience of the "Question Mark" you need to transcend them all.

Please understand, this journey is not a matter of learning, believing, evolving or becoming. That's because there is no one to become or evolve. From the point of view of anywhere inside the mind (creation, you can call it whatever you want) Celine is real and exists but from the point of view of "Question Mark" Celine doesn't exist. And "Question Mark" is your true nature, it is beyond existence and non-existence.

Mind is like surface of the lake. When mind is completely still, surface of the lake is still. There are no waves (thoughts) and your true nature can see itself in reflection from the surface.