Can we talk about chiron

love-thinking

Chiron is a bigger celestial body than Pluto, yet not many astrologers include it in their readings.

Can we talk about what Chiron symbolizes?

PurpleReign

Chiron is a bigger celestial body than Pluto, yet not many astrologers include it in their readings.

Can we talk about what Chiron symbolizes?

If you’re asking about what it symbolizes, I think what I’ve always read about it is that whatever house it is placed in (and what aspects it makes) is the area where you will always feel some kind of pain or it will be a “wound that never heals.” In that sense, it’s effect is a bit similar to Saturn. It’s in my 12th house, but I’m not sure what that means as the 12th house always confused me. I know what the 12th house means, but I’m not sure how having Chiron there translates to the native’s life. Other house placements have more obvious explanations (ex: Chiron in the 4th would indicate that the natives childhood experience or home/family life will have a painful or long-lasting effect on them).

Hkk

Account Closed
If you’re asking about what it symbolizes, I think what I’ve always read about it is that whatever house it is placed in (and what aspects it makes) is the area where you will always feel some kind of pain or it will be a “wound that never heals.” In that sense, it’s effect is a bit similar to Saturn.

I've read about this too and 'wound that never heals' however I have also read that one has to help others with that 'wound' to overcome it. Well that's the way I read it anyway. My Chiron is retrograde in 8th house of Taurus. Not sure what its all about though.

Last edited by a moderator:

PurpleReign

If you’re asking about what it symbolizes, I think what I’ve always read about it is that whatever house it is placed in (and what aspects it makes) is the area where you will always feel some kind of pain or it will be a “wound that never heals.” In that sense, it’s effect is a bit similar to Saturn.

I've read about this too and 'wound that never heals' however I have also read that one has to help others with that 'wound' to overcome it. Well that's the way I read it anyway. My Chiron is retrograde in 8th house of Taurus. Not sure what its all about though.

I don't think it is relevant that it is retrograde as I think I've read that Chiron is retrograde 50% of the time (or more?). Taurus represents many things, including sensuality. 8th house represents many things, including sex and sensuality. Perhaps you have some inhibitions or unresolved issues involving sex? 8th house also rules death and the occult. Maybe you've experienced trauma after a loved one passed away when you were younger and it scarred you? Maybe it sparked an interest in you in the idea of an afterlife because you try to overcome a loved one's death through assuring yourself they exist on another plane?

I think Chiron in the 8th can play itself out in many different ways in the native's life, those two examples are just what I can think of off the top of my head.

Hkk

Account Closed
I don't think it is relevant that it is retrograde as I think I've read that Chiron is retrograde 50% of the time (or more?). Taurus represents many things, including sensuality. 8th house represents many things, including sex and sensuality. Perhaps you have some inhibitions or unresolved issues involving sex? 8th house also rules death and the occult. Maybe you've experienced trauma after a loved one passed away when you were younger and it scarred you? Maybe it sparked an interest in you in the idea of an afterlife because you try to overcome a loved one's death through assuring yourself they exist on another plane?

I think Chiron in the 8th can play itself out in many different ways in the native's life, those two examples are just what I can think of off the top of my head.

Maybe your right

CapAquaPis

Some astrologers like the proposal to designate Chiron a co-ruler of Virgo, the sign of the virgin maiden and the dwarf planet of medical healing in astrology are a compatible match. Chiron is in the 11th house in the sign of Taurus and is opposite my sign's ruler Uranus (I'm an Aquarius sun/moon). I wondered if it represents my mother who is a Taurus with a dwarf planet represents a woman to heal me in my life.

Teach

Banned
In my opinion, Chiron means help from above. Guidance. Music. Healing. Newspapers and Schools.

Chiron can mean abstract healing, or medicine healing.
Often it rules travel. Chiron is really good. Success.

Chiron is a major player. It stands for politics, grand scale ideas, colors, and US politics.

It stands for architectural design sometimes.

It has to do with Pisces.
Pisces means sensitive design.
Chiron is great.

Yes. Test it.
Show results

OuterPlanets89

I luckily don't have any major aspects with Chiron in my natal, but transit Chiron is beating me up right now.

Since it's currently in the early degrees of Aries, it squares or opposes much of my chart, which has 6/9 planets in the early degrees of Libra/Capricorn/Cancer. 2019 has been probably the hardest time for me in my life, psychologically speaking.

It has made me think about and revisit childhood pains 24 years ago (when it was in similar degrees in Libra) when quite a bit happened that apparently I repressed.

I've been through quite a few "malefic" energy transits (Pluto, Saturn, Neptune etc), but this one feels unfamiliar and more uncomfortable/vulnerable, possibly because I don't have a prominent Chiron in my natal chart.

TreasureForever

I'd like to make a correction to help avoid confusion because this statement made me confused and caused me to look up their sizes

Chiron is around 200km in diameter (with an angular diameter of max 0.035")
Pluto is 2.370km in diameter (with an angular diameter of 0.06″ – 0.11″)

I have nothing to add to the meaning-giving of Chiron

Opal

Premium Member
I have Chiron in the 3rd, in Aquarius. 28.12

When I was 8, I went through a short period, that I stuttered.

It was a time of changes, and insecurity. In retrospect and in looking at it astrologically, Chiron in the 3rd exposed my insecurity in my family life, by affecting my speech. The pain I was going through, exhibited itself in the form of a stutter. In the 3rd house of communication. My Father worked with me, had me do public speaking. He liked to go directly to the problem. He was a Gemini.

TreasureForever

I have Chiron in the 3rd, in Aquarius. 28.12

When I was 8, I went through a short period, that I stuttered.

It was a time of changes, and insecurity. In retrospect and in looking at it astrologically, Chiron in the 3rd exposed my insecurity in my family life, by affecting my speech. The pain I was going through, exhibited itself in the form of a stutter. In the 3rd house of communication. My Father worked with me, had me do public speaking. He liked to go directly to the problem. He was a Gemini.

What age were you when he had you do public speaking? Do you remember a point of 'getting over it'?

I developed a stutter around the same age, and it's stil there. Mercury has an almost exact sextile to chiron in my chart.

Opal

Premium Member
What age were you when he had you do public speaking? Do you remember a point of 'getting over it'?

I developed a stutter around the same age, and it's stil there. Mercury has an almost exact sextile to chiron in my chart.

I was 8 or 9 when I started speaking publicly. I also know another man who has stutter. More pronounced than mine was, but not as strong as some I have met. When he started speaking publicly it lessened.

There are groups that you can join where you speak publicly. Maybe you would benefit from one. I will look at my books later for the Mercury sextile to Chiron. What sign and house are they in?

How pronounced? I know 2 other men that stutter, one heavily one not as much but definitely there.

I was surprised to discover that they both shared something with me. 13 schools in 12 grades.

The one who stuttered less, was a dentist and had to work with the public. The other was a computer programmer and worked in solitude.

Opal

Premium Member
I remember being in front of people, I remember starting to have fun with them, having fun with singing and directing them to join me. To finish answering your question.

TreasureForever

I was 8 or 9 when I started speaking publicly. I also know another man who has stutter. More pronounced than mine was, but not as strong as some I have met. When he started speaking publicly it lessened.

There are groups that you can join where you speak publicly. Maybe you would benefit from one. I will look at my books later for the Mercury sextile to Chiron. What sign and house are they in?

How pronounced? I know 2 other men that stutter, one heavily one not as much but definitely there.

I was surprised to discover that they both shared something with me. 13 schools in 12 grades.

The one who stuttered less, was a dentist and had to work with the public. The other was a computer programmer and worked in solitude.

Mercury is in my 10th, Chiron in the 12th. It's pronounced, although not the worst that I've heard.

They both went to 13 different schools across 12 grades? What a bizarre coincidence. Did you feel any other kinship to them?

I don't really want to talk about my own stuttering if I'm honest. It feels like I'm focusing on a symptom by doing so.

I'm happy for you that you were shown a way to gain confidence early in your life.

Opal

Premium Member
Mercury is in my 10th, Chiron in the 12th. It's pronounced, although not the worst that I've heard.

They both went to 13 different schools across 12 grades? What a bizarre coincidence. Did you feel any other kinship to them?

Yes, it was an interesting evening. I met them both the same night. We all felt a kinship, of experiences shared. I think it may have been harder on the men, they may have taken more teasing by classmates, being the newbie every year, sometimes twice a year. I believe I was more fortunate because of my scholastics and my sports abilities. I was a gymnast and a speed swimmer. As well as being better at team sports than most of the classmates. At the beginning of the year I hung out with the misfits. At the end of the year the jocks and cool people wanted me around. I have a soft spot for the misfits. Always will, they accepted me first, my loyalties are to them.

I still see them about once a year.

I don't really want to talk about my own stuttering if I'm honest. It feels like I'm focusing on a symptom by doing so.

Okay. I do recommend public speaking. Reciting things publicly. Reading publicly.

I'm happy for you that you were shown a way to gain confidence early in your life.

My parents knew they moved to much, but they adorned me with abilities. They were not perfect by far, in fact they had some down right negative qualities too, but, that is to be human. It is interesting, to look at their charts and recognize what they went through too, and what they had to overcome, all without the assistance of knowing astrology.

Opal

Premium Member

I will be back on your chiron information, after I get a chance to look them up.

Opal

Premium Member

What signs are they in?

It will be a couple days before I can look, I have an appointment I have to keep tonight.

I will tell you a bit of what I have read though. It would seem that you have the capacity to be very metaphysical. It stresses that you should forge your own path, that you can learn from us, but in the end, you have the capacity to see for yourself.

Chiron 12th reading from Barbara Hand Clow’s book on Chiron.