Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

piscesascendant

taurus mars is superior to aries mars in the sense that we're bound to a higher sense of loyalty. aries mars isn't afraid to flip the script if it means getting what they want.

When it comes planetary placements and exaltation, domicile, detriment, and fall, a planet is deemed either exalted or in domicile if the sign assists the planet in a way that makes the best use of the planets'/luminary's energy. If a sign hinders a planet's/luminary's energy, it is said to be in detriment or fall. As for whether that makes a placement "superior" or "inferior, some might argue that that's subjective, but frankly, it's going to depend on context. I've noticed a tendency of those who have placements in detriment or fall to try to make up for being in the trenches by citing contexts where their own natal placements might put them ahead of exaltation or domicile. They may be able to highlight an example or two, but ultimately, a placement in detriment or fall is uncomfortable where it's at.

wilsontc

Staff member
deleted attacking posts

All,

I deleted and edited some postings that got to be more about personal attacks than astrology. Keep discussions focused on the PROBLEM on the PERSON. I will continue to delete attacks as necessary. If the attacks continue that could lead to a Moderator Warning which could lead to banning.

Reminding,

Tim

Last edited:

Southpaw

Banned
I read the back and forth between southpaw and pisces about capricorn moon. very interesting and hilarious discussion.

i agree with piscesasc because capricorn sign in any planet except for mars naturally exists as being insecure. capricorn is achievement oriented because they are extremely insecure on the inside and being earth bound, they seek external validation as a padding for their internal turmoil. i've met a lot of capricorn moons and although, i was friends with them because they sought me out, after awhile, they got cold and downright nasty. i had no choice but to leave them and not look back. in general, cap moons try to do the right thing but they always end up f*cking up with people. cap moon does not know nor feel why something is "the right thing" but they try to do these "right things" because it's traditionally indoctrinated in society and cap is very status quo. the problem of doing things without much belief/conviction in the actions on a philosophical and emotional level is there no higher connection and therefore, no internal rewards can be achieved. when dealing with objects and business, cap moons would be bar none, top notch- but that doesn't mean alpha. cap is slightly better than "shallow" but there's NOTHING deep about them- in any placement. not even when exalted in mars.

pisces, i don't think aqua moons are cold necessarily but they are very distant and detached. i think southpaws was trying to illustrate their similarities:
cap and aqua are both saturn ruled signs so when in moon position, you're going to experience something similar to saturn-moon aspects. aqua actually can be cold, but not cold in the malicious way that cap gets, aqua cold is more like "i don't know how to handle this so i won't get involved..." cap cold is, "everyone is worthless and a complete waste of space so i'm not going to bother." cap moons feel very little for themselves- there's a lot of self-loathing and feel nothing for others. aqua moons actually do feel for others but have difficulty expressing it in a way that wouldn't be mushy and gross them out.

and southpaw, you're right about in real world aries mars in dignity is actually inferior to detriment taurus. most people do not really understand how dignity in a malefic planet actually enhances the malefication. i tried to explain that in another thread, but too many people had their heads up their a$$ and kept fighting me.

anyway, i have taurus mars and i will stick around and wait to crush my opponent. i could give give 2 sh*ts if it takes forever because i will make heads will roll if i want. most of the time, i don't want any violence, i don't even like arguing, but i do give into the reality that it fighting and arguing is necessary so if i must, i'll battle to win. it's only the important things that i will definitely stand my ground and go to war over but other than that, i let a lot of sh*t slide. keep in mind, taurus mars doesn't operate on pride, not the way that aries mars is prideful. taurus mars is only interested in the barebones essentials of what makes the native secure. taurus mars is almost a guaranteed money making placement as mars is a money planet and taurus is a money sign (the other money sign is scorpio). if you mess with someone's money and they have taurus mars, watch out! taurus will come collect debt nicely for awhile but if you don't pay up, taurus mars will hound you to the end of time to get back what's their's. trust me, i know. i'm generous but if you push my generosity, i'm going to be the torn in your side for eternity. taurus mars people also tend to pay back money quickly. we respect money and its value.

my best friend has aries mars. she can't seem to get much done. she starts everything, but rarely sees anything through. she switches sides a lot and when arguing, she doesn't tend to put her foot down. she has an explosive temper that eggs other people on and doesn't realize it. she gets into public arguments with strangers a lot and if i'm there, i intervene and do damage control. i control my temper and impulses pretty well, but she on the other hand, gives into her impulses all the time. despite all that, i love her. i always stand up for her and i don't mind her strange impulses. taurus mars is patient and will put up with silliness more than any other mars placement. also, aries mars tend to be very physically active but so can taurus mars. i like being physically active and i find that only aries mars has the interest and energy to want to do deal with physical strain so those are the only friends that are willing to go a lot of things with me and not afraid to break a sweat. dignity scorpio mars is even more inferior as it's weak and flabby and they like to stay at home and watch tv.
Caps while cold actually show care to their close ones in private. Aquas on the other hand are in lala land daydreaming on cloud 9 about how to be some noble world changer.

My only bone with Caps is how they can be lacking in morals and principles to the point where it even bothers me. Plus they're very no nonsense and can be boring to talk to for this reason.

exactly. People can be too gullible when it comes to these traditional dignities and debilities. Instead of doing actual research themselves to see what positions for Mars is best at combat, the purest manifestation of Mars, they just believe whatever is written in a bunch of books. Astrologers *are not* historians and record keepers.

Aries Mars has been shown to be clearly inferior to Taurus Mars in the most basic form of combat, hand to hand.

Then there's also more advanced forms of combat like military operations. Mars in Virgo or Gemini is the man there.

Interesting take, may28gemini, but I would disagree with Mars being inferior in Aries as opposed to Taurus. I don't have Mars in either of those signs, so there's no axe to grind there. You have to consider, though, the activity of what is being undertaken. Taurus may help Mars in ways Aries may not be able to, but in the end, Mars in Taurus does strike me as inferior since Mars would not enjoy being in a fixed earth sign.
Yet Mars shines for war in Virgo or Gemini.

Seriously, if Mars in Aries can't even do well in combat, then it's not serving Mars well at all.

Being a "natural" position doesn't mean it makes the wisest use of it.

Last edited:

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

Wow, an Aries mars inferior to a Taurus mars, lol wow I've seen it all on here. I know ppl with both placements n while yea Taurus sees things thru, it's not the best placement because they never let go of anything, including habits and prefer to do things in a way that guarantees failure, even if it's a better way. I've seen both operate n Taurus is just more stable and more stubborn and has alot more tendacy to develope habits

wintersprite1

Premium Member
... lol wow I've seen it all on here....m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

:) As a rule, the forum tries to keep all conversations flowing. Unfortunately, this thread has gone way off the topic of a Capricorn Moon in debility to a free for all, name calling and sign bashing included. Planets in dignity have an easier time producing, and the opposite for those in debilities. Any Astrologer with a half wit will recognize that is still subject to other factors such as aspects or placements that the planet is involved with. Many Mars Scorpio friends of mine have a conjunction to Neptune in Scorpio. It is as interesting as it sounds.

TK

Last edited:

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

:) As a rule, the forum tries to keep all conversations flowing. Unfortunately, this thread has gone way off the topic of a Capricorn Moon in debility to a free for all, name calling and sign bashing included. Planets in dignity have an easier time producing, and the opposite for those in debilities. Any Astrologer with a half wit will recognize that is still subject to other factors such as aspects or placements that the planet is involved with. Many Mars Scorpio friends of mine have a conjunction to Neptune in Scorpio. It is as interesting as it sounds.

TK

Yea, I see that's it's been neglected on this thread that there's more to astrology than "personal distaste". This is the wrong sight to be subjective on but ignorance is bliss

M

may28gemini

Caps while cold actually show care to their close ones in private. Aquas on the other hand are in lala land daydreaming on cloud 9 about how to be some noble world changer.

My only bone with Caps is how they can be lacking in morals and principles to the point where it even bothers me. Plus they're very no nonsense and can be boring to talk to for this reason.

exactly. People can be too gullible when it comes to these traditional dignities and debilities. Instead of doing actual research themselves to see what positions for Mars is best at combat, the purest manifestation of Mars, they just believe whatever is written in a bunch of books. Astrologers *are not* historians and record keepers.

Aries Mars has been shown to be clearly inferior to Taurus Mars in the most basic form of combat, hand to hand.

Then there's also more advanced forms of combat like military operations. Mars in Virgo or Gemini is the man there.

Yet Mars shines for war in Virgo or Gemini.

Seriously, if Mars in Aries can't even do well in combat, then it's not serving Mars well at all.

Being a "natural" position doesn't mean it makes the wisest use of it.

cap moon does tend to be devoid of any sort of deeper or higher morality. i've met a lot of them and like i said before, my friendship with them would end on a bad note because i had to get away from them.

aqua in personal planetary positions create a dreamy longing for a uptopia. because aqua is fixed, it doesn't want to change but expects and wants the external world to change and that's probably why aqua moons seem to be in lala land to you. i don't mind air moons, they will either conjunct or trine my sun, mercury, venus, and rising either by sign, degree, or both. they're my biggest supporters but i am like 80% air so air signs are usual the people who side with me automatically.

hey, i told you i'm with you with the assessment that malefic planets in domicile enhances their malefication. that's like a criminal in their gang hideout: you're not going to get positive energy to combat against the malefication but you get more energies to feed off of what's already there- which happens to be malefic energy. people can agree or disagree, it doesn't matter. i just find it irritating that commenters will automatically default interpretations and misinterpretations of "texts" and don't make their own formulations/observations but find safety in reinforcing someone else's interpretations. how boring. but hey, like i said, i'm with you on that.

Inline

cap moon does tend to be devoid of any sort of deeper or higher morality. i've met a lot of them and like i said before, my friendship with them would end on a bad note because i had to get away from them....

???????
Are you soooo sure about this?

My sister has a cap moon and she is one of the most honest, ethical people i know.

My father had a cap moon and he was extremely ethical, working as a psychiatrist during the 60's & 70's.

And my first ex had a cap moon and he was fair and very ethical too.

PS. they are also very warm people. (and I'm a leo moon with cap mars)

M

may28gemini

When it comes planetary placements and exaltation, domicile, detriment, and fall, a planet is deemed either exalted or in domicile if the sign assists the planet in a way that makes the best use of the planets'/luminary's energy. If a sign hinders a planet's/luminary's energy, it is said to be in detriment or fall. As for whether that makes a placement "superior" or "inferior, some might argue that that's subjective, but frankly, it's going to depend on context. I've noticed a tendency of those who have placements in detriment or fall to try to make up for being in the trenches by citing contexts where their own natal placements might put them ahead of exaltation or domicile. They may be able to highlight an example or two, but ultimately, a placement in detriment or fall is uncomfortable where it's at.

you know, it's funny. all this talk of aries vs taurus mars being off topic because you and southpaws were going back and forth over the definition of "alpha." i'm sure i'll get blamed by some people on this board that i messed up the thread because i went along with the deviation LOL
actually, i didn't want to intervene between you and southpaws but both of you guys shared some very interesting viewpoints and i always love it when unusual ideas pop up, esp. during a humorous exchange. maybe i give into my dignity gemini mercury too much but you two were cracking me up!!!

any fallen or detriment sign in any planet will be uncomfortable but discomfort is not necessarily a bad thing. discomfort will create some rough and distracting energies at first but the native has the opportunity to switch it up and learn how to make that discomfort turn into an advantage. but that only happens if the native tries EXTRA hard so you're absolutely right that it is overcompensation! fallen cap moon does not know how to take care of others in a caring/loving way but knows how to pay the bills on time. well... that's a fine quality. detriment taurus mars may not be too hot to trot on every single thing but at least it knows to finish what it starts.

there's always debates about aries mars vs. taurus mars. it's true that taurus mars is lazy but not in the sense of pure laziness and being unmotivated. on the contrary, taurus mars will not take up action when there is NO ACTUAL/PRACTICAL PURPOSE to fulfill. i know that very well. i've met many other taurus mars people and we all pretty much agree upon that. yes, mars is the planet of action. it's true. no one ever said mars had to be practical action or that mars must take up action and then finish the deed. mars is purely action and aries mars will produce just that: pure action. however, pure action without any purpose becomes wasteful and detrimental to the native and often results in killing a lot of time (which no one has much of anyway). that's not really something i see as a benefit. that's why i would say aries mars is "inferior" to taurus mars.

chances are, taurus mars people feel stagnant and uncomfortable with their physical body which can make them go on overdrive. being that taurus mars generally finishes up the task, the combo of developing self-discipline and taking regular action can be a fabulous result. cap mars is exalted because they were born with that self-discipline and taking regular action. taurus mars is considered detriment because once it starts, it doesn't stop. even mars the god of war has to take breaks! cap mars knows when to start and stop. but because taurus mars won't stop once it starts, it can actually surpass cap mars and achieve more because it went into overdrive all because of being "uncomfortable."

i'm not saying any of this as a "defense" to my placements or other people who share similar placements to me. i accept and like my chart top to bottom and laugh about all the yucky aspects/placements i have because i don't take it seriously. i find astrology fascinating but it's not the be all to end all, it certainly doesn't determine a person's worth or value. there's really a lot more gross stuff that astrology makes us aware of than there are truly good/lucky stuff. and yet, a lot of people get so fired up and are extremely attached to their chart which i find to be trivial. but hey, who cares. i think astrology teaches us we're born with what we're born with but we still have choices as to how to apply what we have and make what matters count. my taurus mars knows how to make things count and that's what matters to me. detriment or not, i achieved a lot of what i wanted to achieve and it's because of my will, not my chart that determined the outcome.

piscesascendant

you know, it's funny. all this talk of aries vs taurus mars being off topic because you and southpaws were going back and forth over the definition of "alpha." i'm sure i'll get blamed by some people on this board that i messed up the thread because i went along with the deviation LOL
actually, i didn't want to intervene between you and southpaws but both of you guys shared some very interesting viewpoints and i always love it when unusual ideas pop up, esp. during a humorous exchange. maybe i give into my dignity gemini mercury too much but you two were cracking me up!!!

any fallen or detriment sign in any planet will be uncomfortable but discomfort is not necessarily a bad thing. discomfort will create some rough and distracting energies at first but the native has the opportunity to switch it up and learn how to make that discomfort turn into an advantage. but that only happens if the native tries EXTRA hard so you're absolutely right that it is overcompensation! fallen cap moon does not know how to take care of others in a caring/loving way but knows how to pay the bills on time. well... that's a fine quality. detriment taurus mars may not be too hot to trot on every single thing but at least it knows to finish what it starts.

there's always debates about aries mars vs. taurus mars. it's true that taurus mars is lazy but not in the sense of pure laziness and being unmotivated. on the contrary, taurus mars will not take up action when there is NO ACTUAL/PRACTICAL PURPOSE to fulfill. i know that very well. i've met many other taurus mars people and we all pretty much agree upon that. yes, mars is the planet of action. it's true. no one ever said mars had to be practical action or that mars must take up action and then finish the deed. mars is purely action and aries mars will produce just that: pure action. however, pure action without any purpose becomes wasteful and detrimental to the native and often results in killing a lot of time (which no one has much of anyway). that's not really something i see as a benefit. that's why i would say aries mars is "inferior" to taurus mars.

chances are, taurus mars people feel stagnant and uncomfortable with their physical body which can make them go on overdrive. being that taurus mars generally finishes up the task, the combo of developing self-discipline and taking regular action can be a fabulous result. cap mars is exalted because they were born with that self-discipline and taking regular action. taurus mars is considered detriment because once it starts, it doesn't stop. even mars the god of war has to take breaks! cap mars knows when to start and stop. but because taurus mars won't stop once it starts, it can actually surpass cap mars and achieve more because it went into overdrive all because of being "uncomfortable."

i'm not saying any of this as a "defense" to my placements or other people who share similar placements to me. i accept and like my chart top to bottom and laugh about all the yucky aspects/placements i have because i don't take it seriously. i find astrology fascinating but it's not the be all to end all, it certainly doesn't determine a person's worth or value. there's really a lot more gross stuff that astrology makes us aware of than there are truly good/lucky stuff. and yet, a lot of people get so fired up and are extremely attached to their chart which i find to be trivial. but hey, who cares. i think astrology teaches us we're born with what we're born with but we still have choices as to how to apply what we have and make what matters count. my taurus mars knows how to make things count and that's what matters to me. detriment or not, i achieved a lot of what i wanted to achieve and it's because of my will, not my chart that determined the outcome.

Understandable, although people might be surprised by how much their charts play a role in their lives, whether they realize it or not. ;)

M

may28gemini

Understandable, although people might be surprised by how much their charts play a role in their lives, whether they realize it or not. ;)

yes, learning about one's chart can assist in a lot of personal growth but i'm going to take the aries mars approach (for once) and say, live and let live!

i was at an entrepreneur seminar last night and one of the presenters said, "remember, there is only truly one thing that rewards you in life and that is taking action!" quite fitting as los angeles is VERY aries- 6 or 7 aries planets (including sun) and zero air. yup. even my taurus mars must compete with where i live. and yet, life goes on...:joyful:

poyi

Premium Member
I think you can't really just use one Moon sign to determine everything.

I am Capricorn Moon. But people often tell me to calm down as I often laugh so loud that I will shock people around me and start laughing with me.

I have Jupiter conjunction at IC with SN ruling the 4th and 7th and Mercury in 3r house, Mercury ruling Virgo and Gemini in 1st & 10th house. So I talk a lot as well, very expressive.

I can cry in few seconds if I reading some sad stories or watching movies. Regarding to personal matter though, I hide away and I wont let people know that I feel sad or unwell. I would pretend nothing is going on. The reason is I dont think I should involve other if I dont trust them or there is nothing they could do to help.

Being practical I dont want to make them feel sad as well. Just like, "Whats the point?" But my emotion runs so deep deep deep yet no one would notice a thing if I dont want to let them know. If I have 39 degree fever I would still be working fine as if nothing was wrong. Is kind of sad as if I call in sick people would think she wasnt looking that sick.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
I have split off part of this thread and that can be found at Planets involved with Military Leaders

Now lets return to the original topic, Capricorn Moon.

As I said in the beginning of this thread so long ago, you really have to get to know one (and not in a superficial way... they can see that game). They are wickedly funny, often going over others heads. And Capricorn Moons have the same emotions as everyone else, they are just practical about it and choosy who they share untapped emotion with.

TK

soratothamax

My experience with a debilitated moon (fall) isn't a happy one. Moon signs in this state will have negative reactions from it and toward it.

But one must try to understand where all of these negative displays of feelings are coming from to truly know how to understand such an emotionally complicated person. Maybe they had a bad past, maybe they were not taught how to express their emotions properly. You have to consider that.

Of course, if you have a peregrine Moon (Moon in Aquarius) not to make any waves, but you're not the best moon walking. Capricorns seem cold, but your outspoken thread was also insensitive. It seems that you didn't truly consider anothers' feelings. You are free to express yourself, but it's that same freedom that you took that made you look insensitive, no? :biggrin: It could be the same through a Cap's mind who might find you insensitive and not understanding, because you immediately wrote them off as cold without going any deeper into their feelings...which Aquarius Moons always miss.

When I read your thread post, I was like ouch, that was cold...So I wouldn't consider you to be the warmest and most understanding person either. At the same time, a moon that is not well placed or aspected will not be perfect. not in the least. If it were well placed, it wouldn't have as many negative reponses.

Of course, a little birdie on this message board taught me that what we perceive from another is simply a reflection of our own charts. possibly you see them as cold and insensitive because you yourself are etache and insensitive?...

It's the same with me. I used to see my mother as a drama mama, a **** starter, and a tyrant...but maybe I co-authored that behavior because I myself am that way and so perceive and push that behavior off on someone else...

Just food for thought.

soratothamax

Just a reminder that Cap Moon isn't in fall. That belongs to Moon in Scorpio. Cap Moon is in detriment.

I know. I was just saying that just because something seems bad, whether it be in Fall or detriment (I have a Detrimental Venus) doesn't mean it truly is. It takes an understanding person to PERCEIVE another person as understanding.

A caring and understanding person would try to UNDERSTANd a Cap's feelings. A poor Moon wouldn't but point the finger when really it is their own reflection.

Southpaw

Banned
I know. I was just saying that just because something seems bad, whether it be in Fall or detriment (I have a Detrimental Venus) doesn't mean it truly is. It takes an understanding person to PERCEIVE another person as understanding.

A caring and understanding person would try to UNDERSTANd a Cap's feelings. A poor Moon wouldn't but point the finger when really it is their own reflection.

Do you have some Libra or Pisces influence by any chance?

Saturnian

Most Cap moon people I know focus at the expense of others' feelings. They tend to steamroll others. Not to speak ill of your husband.
Perhaps you don't know them that well.
I have a friend with Cap moon(aqua sun and taurus asc) and she's on of the best people I know.
She speaks her mind and is rather upfront.Her words have never really hurt me cause she means no harm nor is she a person with "evil" motives,or use others as a stepping stone to climb up the success ladder.
I really don't understand the dislike they get for not crying every tiny second and not been all huggy.
No one complains about air sings not being emotional over the top.

Saturnian

You know what, there's nothing wrong with Cap Moons, @piscesascendant, the problem is with you. Maybe you're just a stubborn, opinionated amateur who wants to argue just for the sake of arguing to seem different and **** ppl off, that's all.

DG
Sorry for double posting but after coming across this post I can't help but wonder.Is it only me who sees something wrong with this?It's insulting the original poster,isn't this under "personal attack"?

Onion

I have a cap moon, as do 2 of my closest friends. I can assure you that we have just as much emotion. We just don't throw it around like others, with the exclusion of my one cap-mooned friend, though she has cancer rising... We are very secretive about our feelings and are quite shy when it comes to such matters. We keep a tight hold on that side of our selves, for reasons unknown to me. Please don't perpetuate the horrid misconception that capricorn moons are cold and unfeeling. It is simply not true. :rightful:

You just have to get close enough to them (really close, a challenging task) to see that we're suckers like the rest of you. Behind the icy wall we're mush.

Peace