View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2018, 04:39 PM

Smile Re: which neptune & uranus house placements more prone to escapism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchyone View Post
If Neptune and Uranus are responsible for the desire to escape reality then I'd say the houses where mine are placed are significant: Uranus in 6th, Neptune in 7th (or in 8th if you prefer whole sign houses). Pisces moon or Venus in 12th might also contribute. I do feel this is a Pisces thing.

I would point out, though, that everything we do in life that isn't actively thinking about our mortality could be seen as a form of escaping reality. We're just busy busy busy doing all this **** that doesn't matter in the slightest. That's what I see when I watch people making money, getting famous, fighting in traffic, or whatever. I think about my own mortality and the meaning of life several times a day and have for as long as I can remember my thoughts. It's the first place my mind goes when I have free time. I think it's why I'm prone to depression. My life is one big pursuit of levity.
Moon in Pisces: Sense of Purpose, Motivational

"Workaholics" escape through work activity. They usually get admired for it, but it can wreak emotional havoc on family relationships. Even leisure activity, like golf and other physical games are escapist. It's usually applied only to using mood altering substances, and/or just chilling and "doing nothing". Here's one--is meditation a type of escape?
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Witchyone (11-14-2018)