Birth Charts for Inanimate Objects?

AppLeo

Can you have Birth Charts for inanimate objects like.... finishing a piece of artwork, making a new account, buying a new car, starting a new phase of your life, starting a new organization, or releasing a song for a release date?

petosiris

Banned
Yes of course, but your question is not suited to this board. It is called an event chart, in Greek it was called initiation, like the birth is. Here are some examples of the significations of the houses for various events:

Concerning journeys.
I - Traveller
IV - Outcome
VII - Destination
X - Action

Concerning banquets.
I - Master of the House
IV - Site
VII - Guests
X - Organization

Concerning debts.
I - Debtor
IV - Outcome
VII - Creditor
X - Action

Concerning lawsuits.
I - Accuser
IV - Outcome
VII - Accused
X - Tribunal

Concerning therapy.
I - Doctor
IV - Therapy
VII - Disease
X - Patient

Concerning rent.
I - Tenant
IV - Place
VII - Owner
X - Price

Concerning Theft
I - Theft
IV - Stolen Item
VII - Thieves
X - Owner

Concerning the laying of foundations, if the angles are with benefics and free of malefics, the Sun is operative and the Moon is increasing (waxing) and ascending (that is ascending north in the Northern Hemisphere, or reverse in the south) with the configurations of good stars, the matter will be successful.

Concerning letters, if you get one with Saturn and the Moon rising or culminating, without benefics at the other angles, it is exceedingly bad. Conversely, if Jupiter is rising or culminating, the letter contains great good, truthfulness and glad thoughts over past, present and future matters, written by a reputable man and a friend. If the Moon is angular, the good is augmented. If Venus or Mercury are angular, the good is further augmented and brings profit and surplus. But if Saturn or Mars are angular, the content is indifferent, partly good and partly bad.

Concerning requests and gifts, if the Sun is operative and the Moon is angular and increasing and the angles are good, gifts are granted. The rulers of action need to be operative and harmoniously configured with the Moon.

Saturn - Elders and Ascetics
Jupiter - Kings and Leaders
Mars - Military and Criminals
Venus - Women and Artists
Mercury - Traders and Scientists

And so on. The only rule is that you cast charts for real and important/tangible beginnings, starting a new organization is a good example. Making a new phase of your life might be more related to natal astrology, however.

In Hellenistic astrology, concerning events, you mostly ignore the non-angular signs, but focus on the angles, the Sun and the Moon. Concerning every event, you also want to examine the star that is the ruler of the action for example.
Saturn - Property and Transfer of Authority
Jupiter - Governorship and Important Matters
Mars - Governorship and Military Operations
Venus - Celebrations and Affairs
Mercury - Eloquence and Trade

Best events are those that have benefics at the angles, that have the Moon and to some extent the Sun in favorable places, and the ruler of action well placed. Worst events are those that have only malefics at the angles, and have the Moon and the Sun declining, while the ruler of the action is unfavorably placed, like declining or aspected by the malefics Saturn or Mars.

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Geez App, why so rude? The least you can do is say thank you.

Regarding your question, yes, its done all the time. You can cast charts for countries, businesses, organizations, even when a book is published as I remember someone casted a chart for a book on a thread I was reading.

The trickiest thing is picking the birth-date of inception, that's the hardest part. Then you just read it like any other chart, with the same symbolisms by picking what's relevant to the topic at hand.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
I wasn't being rude, I was just saying I wanted a modern perspective and then he just decided to go on and on with traditional

It is the same thing dude. - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120534

Should that be used for a Chart, OR, should it be the location, date and time of first activation?

You can use both, and they would show the same thing, similarly to natal astrology, where the conception and nativity show the same thing, except that the conception has the advantage of being able to foretell events preceding the birth. :smile:

Gestation is the building of the robot, birth is the first activation.

david starling

It is the same thing dude. - https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120534

You can use both, and they would show the same thing, similarly to natal astrology, where the conception and nativity show the same thing, except that the conception has the advantage of being able to foretell events preceding the birth. :smile:

Gestation is the building of the robot, birth is the first activation.

This is about manufactured products, not the human birth process.

AppLeo

I’m asking this question cuz I started a new project, so I’m just wondering if you just read it like you would for a person?

petosiris

Banned
I’m asking this question cuz I started a new project, so I’m just wondering if you just read it like you would for a person?

Yes, the same rules apply. Most traditional astrologers would disagree, invoking horary astrology. However, in some traditions, the same rules apply, rather than applications and separations.

wilsontc

Staff member
Play nice!

All,

Play nice with each other! And any request for a chart interpretation without providing your own interpretation goes into the "Read My Chart" Forum.

Nicely,

Tim

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Suppose App creates a natal chart for the birth of his project. Suppose the project has an estimated time frame, say 3-6 month.

What would be the predominant technique in use? Transits here or comparison with the natal chart?

I "birthed" a business once and used the article of organization date as the birthdate. Although I couldn't figure out what birth time would apply. It was too convoluted to figure out, and I didn't record the time I signed the business organization contract, so I had no idea at that point.

As the business Sun (identity, life) was trine to my Sun (owner), I took that as a very good sign.

petosiris

Banned
Although I couldn't figure out what birth time would apply.

Best time is the time of the event, if you don't have that, let's say concerning theft or message, the next best time is the time you discover the event has happened - which is an event in its own. The third best time is the time you actually think about some matter, and decide to make an inquiry, or question - this constitutes an event on its own. Only one time is valid, and that is the time you focus on the event, because that constitutes the beginning, it may be the exact birth, it may be slightly later, or it may be considerably later, but there is one.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
The third best time is the time you actually think about some matter, and decide to make an inquiry, or question - this constitutes an event on its own. Only one time is valid, and that is the time you focus on the event, because that constitutes the beginning, it may be the exact birth, it may be slightly later, or it may be considerably later, but there is one.

This sounds like horary.

Best time is the time of the event, if you don't have that, let's say concerning theft or message, the next best time is the time you discover the event has happened - which is an event in its own.

App's project is more straight forward because he's in sole control of the birth date and time.

The reason I used the word "convoluted" before is because in the formation of a legal entity, I am not in sole control of the timing. Legal documents gets rubber stamped in the wait line in bureaucracy, you get all sorts of dates and you may get a date of approval, but how would I know the exact time that day it was stamped and approved? And you factor in transit time between when I am notified something was approved, and the date on a document it was stamped in bureaucracy. So now we have two potential dates and times, one I will never know as I wasn't there, which one to use?

Then some say the entity legal document you drawn up, and the official date on the exact contract is the "birthdate". So by that I can argue the time I signed it is the birth time, yet when I sign the contract its after a lawyer take his or her time preparing it, so the actual date I sign it is often different than the date written on the contract.

So we have at least 3 separate dates and times now.

See? That's what I meant by the word "convoluted". I just ended up simplifying and deciding the Sun trines my Sun and its all good.

Last edited:

AppLeo

This sounds like horary.

App's project is more straight forward because he's in sole control of the birth date and time.

The reason I used the word "convoluted" before is because in the formation of a legal entity, I am not in sole control of the timing. Legal documents gets rubber stamped in the wait line in bureaucracy, you get all sorts of dates and you may get a date of approval, but how would I know the exact time that day it was stamped and approved? And you factor in transit time between when I am notified something was approved, and the date on a document it was stamped in bureaucracy. So now we have two potential dates and times, one I will never know as I wasn't there, which one to use?

Then some say the entity legal document you drawn up, and the official date on the exact contract is the "birthdate". So by that I can argue the time I signed it is the birth time, yet when I sign the contract, the actual date is often different than the date written on the contract.

So we have at least 3 dates and times now.

See? That's what I meant by the word "convoluted". I just ended up simplifying and deciding the Sun trines my Sun and its all good.

I think you should just go with what date feels best. For my date, it was the day that I actually decided to start it and I did start it that day, so I didn't really have a problem with the date.

petosiris

Banned
This sounds like horary.

Then some say the entity legal document you drawn up, and the official date on the exact contract is the "birthdate". So by that I can argue the time I signed it is the birth time, yet when I sign the contract, the actual date is often different than the date written on the contract.

So we have at least 3 dates and times now.

Yes, that can also happen with applications to jobs, different stages of things etc. In that case you have the option to consider the thing of upmost importance in the event, or related each to each stage, for example the beginning of an application may tell you whether you will get the job, but getting the job will tell you how long you are going to stick there, and similarly you can judge of testing stages.

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I think you should just go with what date feels best. For my date, it was the day that I actually decided to start it and I did start it that day, so I didn't really have a problem with the date.

Yes, but how did you pick the EXACT time? Was it approximate?

In your case, you are still in sole control of everything. In my case, the exact time was just way too nebulous.

And ASC and the angle conjunctions are super important if we are looking at fixed stars, degrees and planet conjunctions.

A ton of information is then missing because the accuracy isn't "Virgo" enough. And its not as easy to find it as it would be for a person, if recorded on a person's birth certificate, right?

Maybe we should just use and design your previous idea of using only aspects. (And here in a legal entity, you can still pick the date so you have the sign and aspect, timing is just iffy.) Since there are a lot of situations where the EXACT timing is missing or unreliable.

I could have casted a noon chart for when the time isn't known and just ignore all the houses and placements.

So in that situation - would transits to planets and the aspects to the owner's natal chart then be the predominant technique?

Last edited:

AppLeo

Yes, but how did you pick the EXACT time? Was it approximate?

Yes. The exact time happened when I started my project and chose to make it official. Simple as that.

In your case, you are still in sole control of everything. In my case, the exact time was just way too nebulous.

And ASC and the angle conjunctions are super important if we are looking at fixed stars, degrees and planet conjunctions.

A ton of information is then missing because the accuracy isn't "Virgo" enough. And its not as easy to find it as it would be for a person, if recorded on a person's birth certificate, right?

Maybe we should just use and design your previous idea of using only aspects. (And here in a legal entity, you can still pick the date so you have the sign and aspect, timing is just iffy.) Since there are a lot of situations where the EXACT timing is missing or unreliable.

I could have casted a noon chart for when the time isn't known and just ignore all the houses and placements.

So in that situation - would transits to planets and the aspects to the owner's natal chart then be the predominant technique?

I don't even know. I think my time is accurate and should be read as if its a person's birth chart.