Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Lykanized

Have you ever read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan? Fabulous. It's on that next level epic fantasy like Tolkien. It's actually fairly Tolkien-esque, but it goes so much deeper and the interweaving plots and dynamic characterization is inspirational to me. It's far better than Game of Thrones, imo.
Does it have its own languages and everything?

Lykanized

I do wonder if Neptune on my AC in 1H has anything to do with my unusual dissociative issues and ongoing identity confusion. lol

Edit: I was thinking of the lost child concept you gave at the beginning of this quote.
probably does, just like whoam1
I still don't think he's even discovered his sun sign in any system

Lykanized

The willingness to fail is absolutely integral to one's continuing success. My professor used to tell the class, 'give yourself the license to fail'. I take that to mean, take risks. Don't be so averse to high stakes that you play it safe all the time. Playing it safe, at least to me, entails (but is not limited to) going with the popular opinion, thinking inside the box, etc.

To me, thinking inside the box is when you're interested in one field or one idea, and you limit yourself to receiving only information aligned with your field/idea/beliefs. For instance, Marc Yu, that musical prodigy, could see music in every aspect of life and I think that greatly contributed to his success. It might have downfalls, like, you're a hammer and everything's a nail, but it can also have high rewards. He thought outside the box and didn't limit himself to preconceived constraints and opinions of what 'music' is.
I think these are a few things I have going for me. I'm not really afraid to fail. I just get up and learn and take meaning from it. And I'm not afraid to go all in with my personal views and ideas whether they line up with what everyone else thinks or not. I'll hope I might be successful one day as I know I'm not the kinda person who could live an 'ordinary life'. It's really do or die for me. I either make my little idiosyncratic plans work, or nothing. Altho I'm stubborn enough to say that even if I fail a million times eventually I'll make it work

Lykanized

Who is whoam1?? whoam1 has Neptune-Uranus on AC??? We can be buds.

And what do you mean he hasn't discovered his sun sign? lol
I'm not sure about his Uranus since he's younger than you and I and doesn't have the conjunction, but he has Neptune on his AC

and lol, what I mean is that he's made a myriad posts rejecting his birth placements clinging to either Scorpio(since we all know how glorified Scorpio is), or I think Sagittarius at one point. And each time, he would seem to take on the persona of whatever sign he was attached to. At one point he switched to Pisces and took on this guru persona

Very intelligent kid tho

Waybread has her Neptune on the ASC. My sister has Uranus and Neptune on her ASC too. She was born the same year as you

Chrysalis

David remember i asked you a little while back what my PR moon crossing my PR venus may bring ?

Well its happened, and im still alive lol. You did say it wouldn't be anything bad.

So this is what its brought. About 3 weeks ago it started (Pr moon was mins separating from Pr venus) i suddenly decided i wanted to start eating healthier and taking vitamins...and i don't do things by halves, so im not on about taking a daily multivitamin, i researched a whole host of vitamins, and have started so far to take vit A, Vit E, Codliver oil, apple cider vinegar, Ginkgo Biloba (to help with memory), Vit B.

And yes my Pr moon rules my Pr 6th house.

moonkat235

I'm not sure about his Uranus since he's younger than you and I and doesn't have the conjunction, but he has Neptune on his AC

and lol, what I mean is that he's made a myriad posts rejecting his birth placements clinging to either Scorpio(since we all know how glorified Scorpio is), or I think Sagittarius at one point. And each time, he would seem to take on the persona of whatever sign he was attached to. At one point he switched to Pisces and took on this guru persona

Very intelligent kid tho

Waybread has her Neptune on the ASC. My sister has Uranus and Neptune on her ASC too. She was born the same year as you

Ohhhh I see. I have several different personas that I use, depending on the social situation. There's kid kat, executive kat, former chill druggie kat, investigator kat. Idk it depends. People are complex.

Someone told me they like astrology, because it's so unique and individual to a person, really paints a picture as opposed to forcing a concrete generalized structure around someone like with mbti and stuff. I really like that perspective.

Lykanized

Ohhhh I see. I have several different personas that I use, depending on the social situation. There's kid kat, executive kat, former chill druggie kat, investigator kat. Idk it depends. People are complex.

Someone told me they like astrology, because it's so unique and individual to a person, really paints a picture as opposed to forcing a concrete structure around someone like with mbti and stuff. I really like that perspective.
I feel like I have something similar going on for me except it's more emotionally based and I have zero control over it. It feels more like various spirits possess me and depending on which inhabits me, my writing style changes, my personality changes, my music preferences change, my clothing style may change slightly or drastically, how I interact with others changes

I think it's just because I'm so emotional, possibly

actually, I endeavoured for fun to write about each of my personalities, an idea I got from someone else. I haven't done it yet, but I want ot do it to where they're all in dialogue with each other at some point

moonkat235

I feel like I have something similar going on for me except it's more emotionally based and I have zero control over it. It feels more like various spirits possess me and depending on which inhabits me, my writing style changes, my personality changes, my music preferences change, my clothing style may change slightly, how I interact with others changes

I think it's just because I'm so emotional, possibly

actually, I endeavoured for fun to write about each of my personalities, an idea I got from someone else. I haven't done it yet, but I want ot do it to where they're all in dialogue with each other at some point

One of my therapists suggested parts therapy, which is similar if not the same as your writing idea. You have the different facets of yourself talk to each other. At the time, I was concerned about dissociative identity disorder, so I didn't do it myself. lol I was worried it would go in the opposite direction of integration, but I don't think that's necessarily the case.

I don't know if people have a lot of control over how they feel. I'm still undecided on that. I don't think people are as consistent as they wish they were. People connect with others via labels and words and concepts that facilitate mutual understanding. It's kind of in our nature to try to fit into boxes. I think that's functional for most people. Anyway, I recognize I'm inconsistent in some ways and I don't think that's particularly unusual if people are paying attention to the inner workings of their mind and behaviors.

I mean, people are hypocrites because it's near-impossible to adhere to one modus operandi, at least imo. I reserve the right to change my mind though. lol

Lykanized

One of my therapists suggested parts therapy, which is similar if not the same as your writing idea. You have the different facets of yourself talk to each other. At the time, I was concerned about dissociative identity disorder, so I didn't do it myself. lol I was worried it would go in the opposite direction of integration, but I don't think that's necessarily the case.

I don't know if people have a lot of control over how they feel. I'm still undecided on that. I don't think people are as consistent as they wish they were. People connect with others via labels and words and concepts that facilitate mutual understanding. It's kind of in our nature to try to fit into boxes. I think that's functional for most people. Anyway, I recognize I'm inconsistent in some ways and I don't think that's particularly unusual if people are paying attention to the inner workings of their mind and behaviors.

I mean, people are hypocrites because it's near-impossible to adhere to one modus operandi, at least imo. I reserve the right to change my mind though. lol
oh I've never feared my own self possibly having that disorder despite admitting to having over 13 different personalities that I've noted so far. It doesn't go that far. I still retain my core self, but my core self happens to be extremely emotional and not only that, the kinda self that is shamelessly itself. Given to surrender in a way. If I feel something, I will not deny it even if what I feel would seem to directly contradict what I felt yesterday and the day before and the day before that. We are ever evolving creatures anyway. I go with the process even tho it's a strange one and I just let myself be myself

I thought that exercise would be intriguing to understand myself better and to perhaps even name my various personalities, even play with giving them various backstories and the such. just for fun

I've had dissociative episodes I think I've told you, but it was lower on the spectrum. More like extreme detachment from reality associated with depression. Then again I had it associated with a paranoid psychotic episode in which I simultaneously started doubting what was real and what wasn't and if anything but me even was real. I've also had recurring dreams(they've stopped) of having blackouts and doing things I couldn't remember, but I think that was just fear because I didn't understand all that was happening with me and where it would all end

You're right, I don't think inconsistency is absurd. Most people think it is, but it shouldn't be. I look at myself as weird because there seems to be a collective concept that people are one thing and one thing only, but can't be many. And they can't change their minds, they can't have different moods, they can't have thoughts that aren't quite set in stone yet and are therefor malleable

I don't think I'm unlike most people save for the fact that I shamelessly indulge in whatever mood I'm in as I see it as my current truth and what must be explored for the time being. I've at times had trouble with wanting to be in a different personality than the one I'm currently in, but I have to learn to appreciate the mutable nature of it all

and of course. That's one of the most absurd things to me. People will act like you've committed high treason if you change your mind. Maybe you found new info, maybe things cemented more in your mind, maybe you thought more about them...
--we're inherently changeable creatures and it's funny that that fact strikes so many as odd or suspect

Lykanized

Yeah, but the linguistic aspect of the series' concept is not quite as pronounced as Tolkien or GOT.
I've always been interested in creating my own language. But lately I've become more fascinating with my native tongue(English) spoken backwards and possibly even incorporating that into things I write

that would be in poetry and possible soundscape I create as that's something I've been interested in doing for a while for my own sake. Since they're gonna be soundscapes to kinda soak in my mood and even aid in indulging myself in lower levels of consciousness, language is gonna become looser and looser

in any case, I love fantasy, if you say it's more engaging in other aspects, that would be enough to grab me

moonkat235

Whenever I attempt to untangle my core self, I'm uncertain what it is and whether it exists. It's nice to search though. There are a lot of thoughts in my head, but I'm rather exhausted. lol

moonkat235

I've always been interested in creating my own language. But lately I've become more fascinating with my native tongue(English) spoken backwards and possibly even incorporating that into things I write

that would be in poetry and possible soundscape I create as that's something I've been interested in doing for a while for my own sake. Since they're gonna be soundscapes to kinda soak in my mood and even aid in indulging myself in lower levels of consciousness, language is gonna become looser and looser

in any case, I love fantasy, if you say it's more engaging in other aspects, that would be enough to grab me

The books are like 1000 pages each and 14 books. It's true epic fantasy. I love it.

Dude, you should watch PontyPool, the horror movie. It plays a lot with language in a thrilling sort of way.

I kind of get lost in the quality of voices as opposed to the content. That's probably why I enjoy ASMR so much. I don't care what they're saying, but if it's said a certain way, I relax into it.

Lykanized

Whenever I attempt to untangle my core self, I'm uncertain what it is and whether it exists. It's nice to search though. There are a lot of thoughts in my head, but I'm rather exhausted. lol
Interesting how it's the opposite for me. I'm certain of my core as something has compelled me to dig deep enough to find it. Note: at a certain point there is no more digging that can be done and you seem to hit a wall, but I take these as intrinsic, immovable properties. Where our strengths and weakness lie, the ones that are always there

But the rest, that's there the entanglement comes. It confuses me sometimes, but I just try to enjoy it. What springs forth from the core is as untameable and unpredictable as the cosmos

I want to say, I've been thinking a lot about enneagram lately and I still think you're a 9. I notice that 9s and 4s go through opposing yet somehow similar complexes. Both have issues with identity but the core reason why is very very different. 9s seem to report not knowing who they are or sometimes not even feeling like they're anything because they've allowed their egos to be so permeated into the environment
--compared to the 4 who will never ever ever feel like they are nothing. It's a tendency to do more of the opposite. Become so solidly centered in the self, even the everchanging self, that strict boundaries are created between the self and what is external

The books are like 1000 pages each and 14 books. It's true epic fantasy. I love it.

Dude, you should watch PontyPool, the horror movie. It plays a lot with language in a thrilling sort of way.

I kind of get lost in the quality of voices as opposed to the content. That's probably why I enjoy ASMR so much. I don't care what they're saying, but if it's said a certain way, I relax into it.
Time for me to become a reader again so... well I may not want to start with 1000 pages, but I'll work my way up lol

I'll look into PontyPool. I have a thing for weird, strange horror movies that most people won't like. If it plays with language, there's a guarantee I'll at least like it

your base self is more engaged in lower consciousness levels, it seems to me. I'm the same way. I say that because the lower you go, the less relevant language becomes at least in the way of strict definitions. That's not how things work the lower(or higher depending on how you view it) you go. So you'll easily get lost more in the landscape of sounds and how they make you feel than anything that would make sense in an Earthly manifestation. I've found ASMR very relaxing and helpful myself for anxiety and it'd possibly help with sleep

reminds me of theories of mine about meaning of language and sounds as I was once taught by a linguistics professor that meaning isn't inherent in sounds, but I feel that's not true

I've used the fact that the first written language that included what we could call 'letters',a derivative of pictographs, didn't include vowels and vowels are very vital to meaning. That would mean there was no guidance on the inflection, the accentuation, nothing. The vowel sounds would've been completely based on the moment, the experience, something that runs deeper than structured language

It was the Greeks who started adding in vowels sounds once they got to Egypt. Europe was the first continent to lose its heritage, its roots. So of course they'd bastardize it

Here's an interesting facet: The letter 'A' derived from what was once a pictograph of an ox. You could imagine an ox being the leader, right at the beginning of an alphabet, which would seem to indicate its origins ran far deeper than I think most linguists can really grasp today. To something more intrinsic, something felt, something in the soul

Lykanized

Of course we have cuneiform which is a lot lot lot more intriguing as..I can't explain it well, but I was watching a documentary on sound involving ancients and their relationship with it. Cuneiform would in that theory derive from the way various sounds form images with certain technology,
but I really need to watch that documentary again

moonkat235

Hm... I scored 3w4 or 3w2 I forget. It was the 'Achiever' I think. lol Either way, I don't think a generalized typology could really encompass me, although I get caught up in it too. I always wish there was a concrete answer for what I am, but I doubt there is. lol

You'd be geekin over PontyPool. I can't tell you the premise bc it'll ruin the movie, but you'll actual geek over it. That's for sure.

Hm... I don't know much about linguistics. That's all very interesting!

moonkat235

Yes, what is up with the fascination with domination?

Usain Bolt did something incredibly stupid after the last Olympics. I read recently about a homeless American two-time Olympic medalist. What do many Olympic athletes do after their short season of total domination (what is total domination if it is fleeting and involves an irrevocable fall from grace)?

The West might call Gandhi a spiritual leader. Implying perhaps that their own leaders are anything but spiritual. (None of the religious-fanaticism-and-nationalism fanning leaders of today resemble spiritual leaders in the least.) I doubt that most of his own citizens viewed him as a spiritual leader.

I mean it depends on your definition of the term, total domination. I was wondering about it's definition earlier. I think what's curious to me is that people's concepts of 'success' and the 'right' way to live are very different from each other's.

I tend to think the term 'total domination' in this context might have a more intrinsic meaning. Like, an extreme area of focus and internal drive and vision rather than external, domination over others.

There's something fascinating though, about people who realize more extreme levels of potential than the general population. I was rambling on about prodigies earlier and a facet of success:

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=978300&postcount=3272

Last edited: