sun moon opposition synastry

mystik

Hi
How does sun moon opposition feel in synastry?Specially if the man is the moon,His moon in taurus opposite mine in scorpio.
Again My moon in aries squares his sun in Capricorn.

Views Please

katydid

Hi
How does sun moon opposition feel in synastry?Specially if the man is the moon,His moon in taurus opposite mine in scorpio.

Views Please

Just at a glance, not looking at whole chart, I see a possible issue.

He is a Capricorn with Moon in Taurus. Fixed and cardinal EARTH. You are a Scorpio with Aries Moon. WATER with Fire. That is not such a great mix for communication and sensitivity. Earth tend to soak up the water but not be as responsive. You may feel like you are the one that gives and he is not as expressive or communicative as your Water/Fire energy might like. Earth often shuts out fire because it feels 'scorched' by the intensity.

I am not sure that this is a long lasting successful relationship.

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi

Views Please

I think you will find the relationship challenging, especially the square, as the square and the opposition are the least harmonious of the traditional Ptolemaic aspects. It may be difficult for either of you to identify with the other's feelings or aspirations, depending upon the reception between the two bodies. At least the opposing planets, if in sign, are in mutual reception, which, as Muchacho points out, is complementary. With the square, he will be much more inclined to acknowledge your feelings. While you will have to watch carefully that you are not very negative and unsupportive of his aspirations because of how YOU feel about them.

To create a fuller picture of matters, I would be interested to know the relationship of each Moon to the other' Moon, like how many signs apart they are? Same for the Suns? And what other favorable aspects there are among the personal planets? Because in the larger view, all synastry charts have major challenges, even with harmonious aspects. What is required is a commitment to the well being of the other before yourself. When that level of maturity is found, we can make any two charts bloom and flower.

Best,

Last edited:

Charon

It should feel highly complementary.

I would agree more with Katy. With Sun and Moon I think atunement (having similar energy) trumps having complimentary energies. Perhaps this relationship will be exciting at first but as time goes by both will find that they can't relate to one another in any meaningful way.

If we could see the whole chart and see if there is some other planets between charts that share the same energies, then this could help the relationship. But having no common energy with either the Moon and Sun I would tend to interpret as a significant issue, at least in the long run.

muchacho

I would agree more with Katy. With Sun and Moon I think atunement (having similar energy) trumps having complimentary energies. Perhaps this relationship will be exciting at first but as time goes by both will find that they can't relate to one another in any meaningful way.

If we could see the whole chart and see if there is some other planets between charts that share the same energies, then this could help the relationship. But having no common energy with either the Moon and Sun I would tend to interpret as a significant issue, at least in the long run.
I agree, unless we've seen the actual chart, we can't say anything definite. However, planets in opposite signs means that both planets are either both in a masculine sign or both in a feminine sign while with a square we would have one planet in a feminine sign and one in a masculine sign. So in terms of basic energy patterns, the opposition is a much more harmonic aspect than many tend to think. The real contrast and fun is in the squares.

katydid

I agree, unless we've seen the actual chart, we can't say anything definite. However, planets in opposite signs means that both planets are either both in a masculine sign or both in a feminine sign while with a square we would have one planet in a feminine sign and one in a masculine sign. So in terms of basic energy patterns, the opposition is a much more harmonic aspect than many tend to think. The real contrast and fun is in the squares.

I agree that many times an opposition can be a good thing. Opposites attract as they often say. My husband, of 35 years now, has his Moon in Cancer opposite my goat-brained Moon. :love:

muchacho

I agree that many times an opposition can be a good thing. Opposites attract as they often say. My husband, of 35 years now, has his Moon in Cancer opposite my goat-brained Moon. :love:

Well, there you go. My Moon and my wife's Moon are inconjunct. So sometimes we just have to do things separately to make it a win-win. :love: