Anger!!!!!!!!,!!!,!!,!,

I cee

Just wondering what type of anger is associated with each sign or aspects?
What kind of anger do you have?
Do you seethe.....
Do you sulk..
Quick and then over..
How do the signs express their anger?

Kukka

Generally feminine signs go for the passive anger, and masculine for the aggressive anger.

Mars is the planet of anger, rest of the personality affect too.

I cee

Thanks Kukka
I'm wondering how well anger can be pinpointed in a chart? Generally I would of thought the same as you.
Feminine signs being mostly passive/aggressive in their anger, going underground and masculine sign being very avert with their anger.
BUT what if the chart has mostly masculine signs and mars is in a masculine sign but the person isn't expressing mars well and acts more passive/aggressive like a femmine sign is suggested.
So does someones mars show unstability if it goes to extremes, either too passive or too volatile.
If say someone had an aries mars conjunct pluto would you expect this person to be volatile or underground or both? Would this be a good representation of the way an aspect and sign should act or depending on other social factors would they suppress more and pluto would rule the roost, say if the mars/aries wasn't aloud to express itself properly and openly?
I guess theres a lot to to it and how can one see how mars is working for a client, one has no knowledge of?

ashriia

mars square pluto is pretty violent. they seethe at first, blood boils- 10 seconds later. Bang. they throw something, punch, or flip the eff out.
it's over pretty quickly, doesn't last.

bruce lee aparently had mars in square to pluto. but he found a constructive use of the energy.

mars in square to uranus can be the tantrum type of anger.

I can hold a pretty severe grudge. I am a sulker and a passive aggressive type. get you in your sleep with my b****craft voodoo type of anger. :innocent: As I've gotten older I voice my hurts before they fester and come out passively aggressively.

i have mars in leo. moon is in 12th in gemini.

Lin

Loose cannon aspects to the moon can allow the person to be very impulsive and become angry (or sad) easily. To follow up the anger with action there's probably Mars and or Pluto involvement. Negative aspects with Venus can also represent anger. To know exactly how angry a person can get and with what consequences, put up the chart. I'm sure there will be comments.
LIN

Vista

I couldn't agree more! Here is my list(including yours).

Moon or Mars square, opposition, conjunct Uranus or Pluto.
Moon in hard aspect to Mars.
Mercury square Pluto can verbally lacerate.

I haven't thought of it the way Kukka describes Masculine verses Feminine but I would have to agree.

mars square pluto is pretty violent. they seethe at first, blood boils- 10 seconds later. Bang. they throw something, punch, or flip the eff out.
it's over pretty quickly, doesn't last.

bruce lee aparently had mars in square to pluto. but he found a constructive use of the energy.

mars in square to uranus can be the tantrum type of anger.

I can hold a pretty severe grudge. I am a sulker and a passive aggressive type. get you in your sleep with my b****craft voodoo type of anger. :innocent: As I've gotten older I voice my hurts before they fester and come out passively aggressively.

i have mars in leo. moon is in 12th in gemini.

Last edited:

Vista

It's been my personal dating experience men who have Mars in hard aspect to Uranus or Pluto(both in my generation) always have bad temper issues regardless of how nice and docile they originally appear. Some have constructive outlets like my ex who was a long distance road biker and lifted weights, but he was still argumentative.

Thanks Kukka
I'm wondering how well anger can be pinpointed in a chart? Generally I would of thought the same as you.
Feminine signs being mostly passive/aggressive in their anger, going underground and masculine sign being very avert with their anger.
BUT what if the chart has mostly masculine signs and mars is in a masculine sign but the person isn't expressing mars well and acts more passive/aggressive like a femmine sign is suggested.
So does someones mars show unstability if it goes to extremes, either too passive or too volatile.
If say someone had an aries mars conjunct pluto would you expect this person to be volatile or underground or both? Would this be a good representation of the way an aspect and sign should act or depending on other social factors would they suppress more and pluto would rule the roost, say if the mars/aries wasn't aloud to express itself properly and openly?
I guess theres a lot to to it and how can one see how mars is working for a client, one has no knowledge of?

Lin

"It's been my personal dating experience men who have Mars in hard aspect to Uranus or Pluto(both in my generation) always have bad temper issues regardless of how nice and docile they originally appear"

Can't argue with your experience.
However, it does vary from chart to chart. Many men use this energy in work or athletics....of course some try to use drugs or alcohol to mellow themselves... which as we know can backfire.

We all have aspects that can give us big trouble at one time or another.
What we want to look for in a chart is something else (other positions or connected positive aspects) which will MODIFY those squares.

Also, sometimes (after the Saturn return) the person will have learned to be more conscious of this issue and have learned to "manage" it. Ideally...LOL

But it doesn't take long in that person's company to figure this out. It is sad when it's a generational issue.

And then there are people who "internalize" this energy...and have chronic issues of stomach, headaches, anxiety, back pain...etc. This all comes from not having a positive outlet for this gigantic energy.

Also want to add this: if the MOON is involved with this square there may be little hope that this person will ever be much different. Childhood issues with these aspects often are part of the habitual dynamic of the person later in life.
LIN

Last edited:

Vista

Exactly what I mentioned...."some have constructive outlets like my ex who was a long distance road biker...." :) I have to agree with you in terms of Moon being involved with the pair Mars/Pluto or Mars/Uranus. It's tough to work with. It can be projected onto the partner too which is another way I have seen it play out. What do you think of Hard aspects between Moon and Pluto or Sun and Pluto? Sun Pluto can be a bully at times, Lol, however they certainly of strength and character and perseverance. Moon to Pluto seems kind of wounded.
Reminds me of an unaspected Moon in the 12th house.

"It's been my personal dating experience men who have Mars in hard aspect to Uranus or Pluto(both in my generation) always have bad temper issues regardless of how nice and docile they originally appear"

Can't argue with your experience.
However, it does vary from chart to chart. Many men use this energy in work or athletics....of course some try to use drugs or alcohol to mellow themselves... which as we know can backfire.

We all have aspects that can give us big trouble at one time or another.
What we want to look for in a chart is something else (other positions or connected positive aspects) which will MODIFY those squares.

Also, sometimes (after the Saturn return) the person will have learned to be more conscious of this issue and have learned to "manage" it. Ideally...LOL

But it doesn't take long in that person's company to figure this out. It is sad when it's a generational issue.

And then there are people who "internalize" this energy...and have chronic issues of stomach, headaches, anxiety, back pain...etc. This all comes from not having a positive outlet for this gigantic energy.

Also want to add this: if the MOON is involved with this square there may be little hope that this person will ever be much different. Childhood issues with these aspects often are part of the habitual dynamic of the person later in life.
LIN

Lin

Hi Vista,
"Moon and Pluto or Sun and Pluto?"

There's NO doubt that the smaller the planet the worse for wear from Pluto, Neptune, Uranus, Saturn.

Sun often "uses" the energy, where as Merc or Venus, etc, tends to be USED BY the energy of these titans.

I hate seeing Pluto in tight aspect with Moon or Venus or Mars.

The Sun will overcome a lot if it is moderately well placed and aspected.

And yeah, "wounded" is a great word. For these people to recover they need to first, be conscious of the truth of their beginnings, then work hard to overcome.
There are some people "geared to" becoming better .... working hard to make the most out of even small opportunities...both material and spiritual (emotional).
And then there are those who are trapped like a wounded animal who lives their life in what I term "survival mode." They have no chance. AND it has nothing to do with their status, financial or social position, personal charm...if a person is in survival mode (and usually Neptune is involved as co-conspirator) its takes titanic support and metamorphosis (Pluto) to affect a change to a person who is living a truly human life.
LIN

aquarius7000

Hi,

Anger is a powerful emotion.

To astrologically study anger issues, we must have ready in our heads the basic meanings of the planets to be able to connect the dots.

Moon = an inward energy of emotions and inner balance (this is what first gets ruffled up to trigger anger)
Mars = heat and action, an outward energy that vents emotions. If Mars were not there, we would be like a balloon that gets overfilled with gas and the only outlet is that it bursts and completely collapses

Hence v important to look at the Moon in the study of anger, as it will give away a lot.

Mars-Moon aspects show a fairly excited nature, in general, as both planetary energies are connected and disturbed emotions (Moon) more easily will vent themselves (Mars helps) more easily, so tendency to easily flare up is there more naturally. Moon without Mars is more submissive

Now, supposing a person has a Moon-Mars basis in their natal chart, (similar effect, if progressed Mars were to be on natal Moon), let us see how then the outer planets and Saturn, which have the power to overpower Mars, will shape the picture/persona.

>add to that Mars-Moon a Uranus aspect => outbursts can happen in most unexpected moments, and in fairly unexpected ways. I had a friend, whose husband (with these aspects) used to hurt her physically at times in those 'intimate' moments to avenge himself, but not verbally abuse (despite a Plu-Mer). That Ura added a sort of a perverse thrill to those angry emotions. Some others with these three planets in aspect cannot control their anger/emotions (Moon-Mars) and the Ura aspect often causes them to trip/fall/have accidents more often. Carelessness takes over.
Without Mars, Ura-Moon would basically be an unstable emotional nature as one of the effects

>add to the Moon-Mars a Pluto aspect now, it will make for a vengeant nature. If one has been hurt, the main aim is then to harm or hurt that someone (not just throw a tantrum or get loud/easily excited). There is an aspect of cruelty attached here. This will not be a person that fists a table often, but one that breaks a table into two once in a blue moon. This is a destructive anger of a volcano quality.
Just Moon-Pluto (w/o Mars) would often be an obssessive-compulsive nature, not-letting-go (positively said: deep/loyal emotions), perhaps even a 'grudging nature' (difficulty in forgiving/forgetting), a jealous nature. Plu-Mars is a slow-simmering anger of a Sco nature

>add to the Moon-Mars a Neptune aspect this time, that will mellow down/dissolve the anger energy somewhat as Nep often does. The person will feel like doing something, but will sort of 'lose' that anger inside. He will try and 'martyr' it out. These are those that will whine alot, not in cry-baby way, but often bicker and nag and try to put the other on a massive guilt trip.

>add to the Moon-Mars a Saturn aspect, it can make a person 'stiffen up' a lot. These are people that will become very rigid - physically (like joints stifen up, they turn violet with anger, but all the while, its energy first bottling up, since Sat will not easily let it out). I have this and you can take this verbatim. Saturn wants to curb and control, Mars wants to 'throw it out'. There is often an inner turmoil/clash of the two. Saturn-Mars can also sometimes become a very cruel way of letting one's emotions out (think of Hitler), esp if Mars is in a fixed sign (which makes it even more stubborn/not giving up, come what may)

Important is also to see the sign of that Mars. Example, that same Saturn will have more difficulties 'taming' or restraining a (strong) Mars in Aries, which 'spurts' out that angered energy or lava at the drop of a hat. Still, a Sat or Nep aspect makes an Aries Mars 'weaker' (in its volatile capacity) than, if that Aries Mars were left on its own. A (weak) Cancer Mars or a well-channelled and controlled Cap Mars is better to get a grip on for Sat

Signwise, and not considering aspects now, fire-sign Mars are most easily excitable, but the excitement (anger) is easily vented and forgotten. They may get loud and bossy (think of Aries and Leo), or overdo things (Sag) but will often normalise then. Air signs are somewhat similar, may be less physical and more verbal, but will also easily forget. But with both, anger is quick, fire - more heated. Watery Mars like Cancer and Pisces are slow to anger and have a passive way of expressing their anger. They won't be destructive, but act very hurt and let you know they haven't liked your (mis)doings. Sco is vengeant anger. Slow to anger, but will not let go till scores have been settled. Earth is yet another type of anger that is never easily forgotten. Very slow to anger like the bull, but once the bottled-up anger comes out, things get out of hand and pretty ugly. The Taurean rage or the hard Capricornian anger. Virgo has often a veil of shyness and coolness, but petty enough to have its own way.

This way, we can go on considering the various permutations and combinations possible, which will be 12 to the power of 12, mathematically speaking. Or, as someone said above, the whole chart should be studied, as one has to see the basic 'fabric' of a person.

:)AQ7

Last edited:

Vista

I had a boyfriend for awhile who had a Grand Cross involving part mutable and part fixed Moon, Mercury, Mars(mutable signs) Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto(fixed). My poor Venus fell right into the middle of all this and I noticed his ex wife and daughter also had personal planets fall into the Cross pattern as well. Much of what you all described I could see in him. The interesting part, he came across as very mild mannered and easy going(Virgo Rising) at the start. Eventually I came to find a very fixed and determined person who had diagnosed Obsessive Compulsive disorder along with narcolepsy. He was very practical and although very disorganized in some things, very organized in others which was curious. He also did not change his opinions very easily and had a problem loving the women who loved him(his mother was very rejecting and he felt very unloved by her) so no surprise. On the flip side, he was an incredibly gifted artist, worked out and ran regularly, had an Masters degree in Engineering/IT and fun to be around. By and large, one of the more complex people I have ever dated. If I saw this configuration again in the natal chart of someone I started dating I would probably not go there to be honest. We all have our difficult aspects, but this was just too much.

Last edited:

milkywaygirl

I dated a guy with mars in cap squaring Pluto and Saturn in tsquare, sag moon conjunct neptune. He would get angry, but wouldn't express it, unless really pushed to the hilt. He has massive self control, it's actually amazing how controlled he is. His response to situations that made him angry was to just leave (sag moon). He was very forgiving however, probably partly due to the fact that he is aware that he can get overly angry over things that weren't that big of a deal. I guess he was more of a seether than anything else. He told me once that when women made him angry, he would get an erection - not because he was turned on or anything, just a physiological reaction.

I briefly dated a guy with mars in cancer. I dislike this position passionately. If I met another man with mars in cancer, I would not date him. This guy was cruel cruel cruel, and always to women. He dated an acquaintance of a friend of mine, and when she broke up with him (in a decent manner no less), he hacked her website and deleted the whole thing and locked her out. It was her livelihood and really messed up her business. When he didnt want to date me anymore, he said some very very cruel things to me (via text - mars in cancer cant confront directly) that were completely unnecessary and unwarranted, and then proceeded to stalk me for a few months. I would see the guy everywhere, I almost called the cops. Obviously there were other things going on in his chart (sun in Aries conjunct Chiron in 12th - I suspect he has borderline personality disorder). He told me once that he Hated his mother. Dumb me didn't heed that warning sign!

I have a female cousin who has mars conjunct Pluto in Virgo. When she gets mad, she nitpicks. You didn't fold the towel properly, you didn't turn the light out, why did you wipe the counter with a dry cloth. It's unbearable. She can drive you mad with her neurotic nitpicking.

I have mars in Aquarius at 29deg in the 3rd, inconjunct Jupiter at 1deg Leo in the 9th. I get mad mostly about injustices that occur to family or other people, but you could do all sorts of things to me and I wouldn't care. I don't get really angry very often, but when I do, I get REALLY angry. Like psycho angry. I slammed a door off its hinges once while yelling my lungs out. It's not a place I like to be, so I try to avoid going there. I've only lost it a handful of times in my life, but those times were bad. My anger style is to be extremely verbally harsh. I will say the most pointed, truthful and harsh things ever. I really do feel bad for the people who I get angry at, because I can be extremely cutting.

When I was a kid, I suffered with depression, and took out all my frustrations on people on the Internet. I even went as far as constructing websites to mock others. I would get into drawn out arguments on forums and just cut people to shreds. It's something I'm really not proud of at all.

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I have 8th house Taurus Mars which

-trine AC (I appear calm)
-oppose Uranus (rebellious and loose cannon)
-trine Jupiter (extreme expressions)
-trine Saturn (disciplined and keep temper under wraps)
-sextile Moon (excitable and love arguments)
-inconjunct Neptune (feel mentally and physically drained if others frustrate me)
-inconjunct Pluto (controlling, argumentative, seething and possessing uncomfortable vengeful feelings).

When I was younger, I would gratuitously give into the Jupiter and Uranus influences as far as expressing outward anger... which always got me into trouble. I was very rebellious and argumentative. My home life was chaotic and my Scorpio/Plutonian father was the cause of it all. I tried to do the right thing, and I would feel bad if I was wrong but I was often pushed beyond my limits. I had gotten into a lot of fights as a minor and always won. I was destructive when angered and everything around me was in danger of getting f*cked up. As a teen, I had a lot of teenage angst (what teen doesn't experience this?) but that angst lasted well into my mid 20s.

In school, I was sent to detention a lot... often for arguing with everyone despite my calm and docile demeanor/appearance. If anyone crossed me, I would remember and plot revenge for another time. In high school, there was a Virgo classmate that kept nagging me and criticizing my playing style (we were on the school's softball team) and I swore I would shove her face in the dirt if she didn't shut up. During a game I caused her to trip and she fell face first into the ground and came over faking help but pushed her face into the dirt. Not only that, after the game, I snuck up behind her in the locker room bathroom and shoved her face in the toilet and kept flushing it. People thought I was being "playful" and "silly" so my antics were seen as a joke. Deep down, I did what I said I would do to her and liked it.

My Mars is in detriment and feminine and it naturally expresses passive anger. I've read many descriptions/interpretations of Taurus Mars and nothing fit me because my Mars maneuvers in an evil Scorpio sort of way, except the slow-to-anger-but-once-angered-destruction-will-come-absolutely part- that fits me quite well. It doesn't make matters any better that my Mars is concealed in the 8th which adds the seething, vengeful layers that are uncomfortable for me to address in a conscious way but I am comfortable with it on an intuitive level. I do feel deeply (about things that matter to me) but it's very draining for me to feel things too often because it's draining on my system. I especially don't like feeling angry because I'm afraid I might lose control if I try to express it outwardly. Suppression of anger has always been my go-to response, with awful results. There have been several points in my life that I was so angry that I ferociously attacked my opponent and after the fight was over, I'd blackout. By the time I'd come to, I wouldn't know what the heck happened.

I've gotten much better at trying to be more outward and directly addressing anger since I've been through my 1st Saturn's Return and learned to handle my battles better. I haven't had a blackout in years so that's good news for me. Probably good news for other people, too.

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

I dated a guy with mars in cap squaring Pluto and Saturn in tsquare, sag moon conjunct neptune. He would get angry, but wouldn't express it, unless really pushed to the hilt. He has massive self control, it's actually amazing how controlled he is. His response to situations that made him angry was to just leave (sag moon). He was very forgiving however, probably partly due to the fact that he is aware that he can get overly angry over things that weren't that big of a deal. I guess he was more of a seether than anything else. He told me once that when women made him angry, he would get an erection - not because he was turned on or anything, just a physiological reaction.

Even though Cap Mars is exalted, in some ways, I see them acting like Cancer Mars. Cap Mars show anger by suppressing anger. I think they were the ones who invented "the silent treatment" not as a way to "punish" others like Scorpio Mars would do, but rather to take the "moral high road." Cap Mars must have invented the rule of "silence is golden" as well. Suppressing anger does have effects... it has to go somewhere... including up. I've read that males with Cap Mars really like to be in difficult personal situations because that way they can do what they do best: overcome adversary. When the going gets tough, the tough gets a hard-on. Very fitting for your ex.

I briefly dated a guy with mars in cancer. I dislike this position passionately. If I met another man with mars in cancer, I would not date him. This guy was cruel cruel cruel, and always to women. He dated an acquaintance of a friend of mine, and when she broke up with him (in a decent manner no less), he hacked her website and deleted the whole thing and locked her out. It was her livelihood and really messed up her business. When he didnt want to date me anymore, he said some very very cruel things to me (via text - mars in cancer cant confront directly) that were completely unnecessary and unwarranted, and then proceeded to stalk me for a few months. I would see the guy everywhere, I almost called the cops. Obviously there were other things going on in his chart (sun in Aries conjunct Chiron in 12th - I suspect he has borderline personality disorder). He told me once that he Hated his mother. Dumb me didn't heed that warning sign!

I was married to a Cancer Mars, but his was located in the 11th house and he has a 12th house Sun is in Leo squaring Scorpio Moon in the 3rd. He's NOT as bad as your two examples or the "typical" male with Cancer Mars. To be fair to him, he has Moon trine Mars which softens the indirect viciousness that Cancer Mars is capable of, but at the end of the day, my ex busted a bad move; had an emotional affair and couldn't face up to the fact that I ended up hating him for it. I had calmly asked him about it 4 times to which he denied of anything beyond friendship until I drastically exposed both him and his coworker's email exchanges (it's actually rated G but his coworker talked smack about me to him and he didn't defend me which is the source of my anger) and threw that in his face which shocked him because he no longer denied it but he was in complete self-denial about what was going on up until that point. Between me and him, I'm really the cruel one... by a long shot. My Mars-Chiron conjunction in the 8th is totally out for blood when wronged. The manner of how I confronted him was pretty evil (even by my standards). I totally do understand why Cancer Mars for males takes major tolls on his masculinity by making him a coward and not being able to face things... well, like a man. After my divorce, I learned more about astrology and I refuse to bother with any guy that has a debilitated Mars.

Last edited:

astrology02

Moon opposition pluto- it has been the downfall of me :( I loose my temper and cut deep with the things I say when I am angry. People see as much more angry than I actually am. I think any planet that comes into contact with mars, pluto or saturn can be violent. I think the opposition is a worse aspect because with the square a lot of the anger is suppressed, but with the opposition it is expressed outwardly towards others.

But moon opp. pluto causes emotions to go crazy...and can lead to hateful outbursts....doesn't help that my pluto is in scorpio either. :happy:

astrology02

i would probably say mars opposite pluto would be the WORST. Anything with a square you won't see a lot of the anger boiling under the surface. But the opposition....watch out.:devil:

M

may28gemini

I think any planet that comes into contact with mars, pluto or saturn can be violent. I think the opposition is a worse aspect because with the square a lot of the anger is suppressed, but with the opposition it is expressed outwardly towards others.

I agree with you on planets coming into contract to Mars have potential for violence and when personal planets come into contact with Pluto can express controlled, seething anger but as far as Saturn is concerned, I think you're wrong on that. Saturn is representative of control, morality, restraint and wouldn't result in violence but rather, at worst-distance/coldness/neglect/rejection (possibly all in that order).

As for aspects with Mars or Pluto, I think opposition is really more rotten and dangerous than the square. I know. I have Mars opposite Uranus... I'm easily provoked and when I engage in a fight, I fight dirty. Fortunately that is an "in-person" sort of thing since my Mars is Taurus (earth bound) and largely favors concrete battles over abstract. When it comes to arguments of philosophical nature, I could care less. I would think that Moon opposite Pluto would play a lot of emotional-psychological games against those that anger them... something like fake pregnancy during a breakup and then telling the would-be father, "I aborted your child" just to destroy the guy's constitution. That's really playing dirty.

Last edited:

Kukka

I'm crancky a lot, Cancer sun.

I have a trouble setting my real boundaries, Mars capricorn IC. Therefore turn the anger on myself.

milkywaygirl

Even though Cap Mars is exalted, in some ways, I see them acting like Cancer Mars. Cap Mars show anger by suppressing anger. I think they were the ones who invented "the silent treatment" not as a way to "punish" others like Scorpio Mars would do, but rather to take the "moral high road." Cap Mars must have invented the rule of "silence is golden" as well. Suppressing anger does have effects... it has to go somewhere... including up. I've read that males with Cap Mars really like to be in difficult personal situations because that way they can do what they do best: overcome adversary. When the going gets tough, the tough gets a hard-on. Very fitting for your ex.

------------>interesting points! Especially regarding repressed anger needing an outlet.

I was married to a Cancer Mars, but his was located in the 11th house and he has a 12th house Sun is in Leo squaring Scorpio Moon in the 3rd. He's NOT as bad as your two examples or the "typical" male with Cancer Mars. To be fair to him, he has Moon trine Mars which softens the indirect viciousness that Cancer Mars is capable of, but at the end of the day, my ex busted a bad move; had an emotional affair and couldn't face up to the fact that I ended up hating him for it. I had calmly asked him about it 4 times to which he denied of anything beyond friendship until I drastically exposed both him and his coworker's email exchanges (it's actually rated G but his coworker talked smack about me to him and he didn't defend me which is the source of my anger) and threw that in his face which shocked him because he no longer denied it but he was in complete self-denial about what was going on up until that point. Between me and him, I'm really the cruel one... by a long shot. My Mars-Chiron conjunction in the 8th is totally out for blood when wronged. The manner of how I confronted him was pretty evil (even by my standards). I totally do understand why Cancer Mars for males takes major tolls on his masculinity by making him a coward and not being able to face things... well, like a man. After my divorce, I learned more about astrology and I refuse to bother with any guy that has a debilitated Mars.

-------> haha I'm a little curious to know how you confronted him! Please do tell!