Care to guess Lady Gaga's ascendant?

Veronica

I love lady Gaga, I love "Bad Romance" the song and video, but I think her style is very unconventional, experimental, intense, individualistic and very futuristic... So Iam just wondering where in her chart, Uranus will lit up or would play a role, she is very strange, very weird chick.. yet enthralling... Aquarius perhaps could be her rising sign?

RockFish

Okay, I'll go with early Capricorn rising, Mars on ascendant, Uranus close by.

The stiff clothing she wears seem more Cap than Sagit to me.

And, of course, there's always this:

lady_gaga_orbital_hat_v_editorial.jpg

And this:
Lady+GaGa++SNL.jpg

MTTY05

The only song of her's that I've ever liked is "Paparazzi". Love that one. I do like her fashion though. I like how she isn't the same kind of teeny-bopper cookie-cutter type of pop trash like Britney and Christina were in the late 90's/early 00's. She'd obviously rather do her own thing and I respect her for that.

I'd guess late Cap or early Aqua.

BelAge

Wow, since she has ZERO planets in Aquarius, I am puzzled. There is such a strong aquarian element to her, which imo cannot be explained by just having Venus Uranus trine, so I am going to go out on a limb and say that she is Aquarius rising, with her ascendant trining her Uranus and sextiling her Venus. T. Neptune would be currently going over her ascendant, bringing her glamour, worldwide notoriety, exposure and success. Plus T. Jupiter will soon be going over her ascendant too, so it's all gravy for her right now.

This ascendant would put her mercury in the first house, trining her moon in scorpio in her MC. That's a very good placement for a performer who wants to sing, write her own songs, and push sexual envelopes.

My second guess is that she is Virgo rising, with her ascendant SQUARING Uranus and quincunx Venus. This particular square could explain her extreme outlook, and the fact that her performances always look controlled and painstakenly rehearsed, even when she seems out of bound and crazy. She has this "wild perfectionistic Virgo" quality to her, which I suspect is one of the ancient forgotten archetypes of Virgo. You can see it in Madonna sometimes, and she also has Virgo rising. Virgo rising would give Gaga Chiron in dual Gemini at the MC, which could explain some of the rumors about her supposed hermaphrodism and would validate her claims of being bi-sexual. Well, Venus trine Uranus tends to like sexuality that is outside the norm anyway...

Last edited:

Veronica

Wow, since she has ZERO planets in Aquarius, I am puzzled. There is such a strong aquarian element to her, which imo cannot be explained by just having Venus Uranus trine, so I am going to go out on a limb and say that she is Aquarius rising, with her ascendant trining her Uranus and sextiling her Venus. T. Neptune would be currently going over her ascendant, bringing her glamour, worldwide notoriety, exposure and success. Plus T. Jupiter will soon be going over her ascendant too, so it's all gravy for her right now.

This ascendant would put her mercury in the first house, trining her moon in scorpio in her MC. That's a very good placement for a performer who wants to sing, write her own songs, and push sexual envelopes.

My second guess is that she is Virgo rising, with her ascendant SQUARING Uranus and quincunx Venus. This particular square could explain her extreme outlook, and the fact that her performances always look controlled and painstakenly rehearsed, even when she seems out of bound and crazy. She has this "wild perfectionistic Virgo" quality to her, which I suspect is one of the ancient forgotten archetypes of Virgo. You can see it in Madonna sometimes, and she also has Virgo rising. Virgo rising would give Gaga Chiron in dual Gemini at the MC, which could explain some of the rumors about her supposed hermaphrodism and would validate her claims of being bi-sexual. Well, Venus trine Uranus tends to like sexuality that is outside the norm anyway...

I know, I saw her chart, but her style is sooo uranian, bold, electric, rebellious, futuristic, her music videos and performances seem to be ahead of time. Iam quite sure Uranus must play a part.... on her chart somewhere.

RockFish

If this is true, she has Saturn and/or Uranus on ascendant.

Saturn may show in the stiff dressing (and the rings), and also in the fact that she radically changed her outter appearance out of the blue (I think Saturn on ascendant makes people have radical changes of looks, voluntary or due to health or others issues). Add Uranus to that and you have a real freak! :tongue:

A 23:50 birth would give her Saturn AND Uranus on the ascendant, both retro. :alien::alien::alien:

(BTW, in the video Paparazzi, a ram head appears right in the beginning, so I wonder if she is astro-aware, I think she might be.)

Veronica

If this is true, she has Saturn and/or Uranus on ascendant.

Saturn may show in the stiff dressing (and the rings), and also in the fact that she radically changed her outter appearance out of the blue (I think Saturn on ascendant makes people have radical changes of looks, voluntary or due to health or others issues). Add Uranus to that and you have a real freak! :tongue:

A 23:50 birth would give her Saturn AND Uranus on the ascendant, both retro. :alien::alien::alien:

(BTW, in the video Paparazzi, a ram head appears right in the beginning, so I wonder if she is astro-aware, I think she might be.)

I think she might be, but she has this thing for great danes... like in bad Romance and Poker Face she has 2 great danes..

jupiter0812

One thought....

we are all talking about her videos.. and especially "bad romance"
i want to say...she is probably not the director nor the artistic director of the video... We dont know how much influence she had on the whole thing...

Are we guessing the ascendant of the people who help her dress and direct her videos? How can you really see HER ascendant.. and are we even looking at her midheaven ?

just a thought :)

RockFish

Are we guessing the ascendant of the people who help her dress and direct her videos? How can you really see HER ascendant.. and are we even looking at her midheaven ?

What does the ascendant show? Doesn't it show one's appearance, how one presents oneself and how one is perceived?

I would think she has some control on how she presentes herself. I wouldn't think she follows orders and other people's visions while giving no opinion on the matter.

The directors and artistic creators have their own ascendants, of course, but we are not analysing their appearance or their public image here.

smilingsteph

I am more inclined now to agree with Rockfish...
But...I am starting to think

If you look at her, one cannot truly see her as a person, all one really notices is her costumes. She hides behind these costumes and the persona, not wanting to be seen. I think this could show that maybe without all the glitz and glamor she really wants to remain private.

I would say that she is a mogul, money making and all. I want to say that she could have some very strong capricorn/saturn influences and some strong Uranian tendencies as well.

I am changing part of my stance to Sag rising. Her larger than life appearance and those costumes are flashy. She also has a very broad musical talent. She traveled a lot when she was young. She seems outworldly. I was actually suprised to see that she was American, when I found out who she was. I thought she was from somewhere else.

I want to now say Sag rising, with strong saturn and uranian influences, possibly in the first house...

Here is a list of her songs, maybe it can spark something, probably more of her moon side, as she writes her own lyrics...

• Just Dance
  • LoveGame
  • Paparazzi
  • Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
  • Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
  • Poker Face
  • The Fame
  • Money Honey
  • Again Again
  • Boys Boys Boys
  • Brown Eyes
  • Summerboy
  • paparizzi
Summer-
I do think she would be born before midnight....LOL...

But if your source is reputable, then why can they not give a more accurate answer to the question?

smilingsteph

Templeton,
Yes, that is true. Sag dosent fit too well. I think that the ascendant is supposed to be what we think of first when we see or meet someone.

I first thought Aquarius and all of the other replies here just didnt sound right to me, except Rockfish did have one of the best other descriptions.

I am sticking with Aqua rising! All the way!

J.Lily

First thought is Aquarius. The thought that the Transit stellium is transitting the MC now sounds right too yet I still don't think Taurus as ASC. Appearance wise- I think Aquarian Ascendant because in general she appears Aquarian- I wouldn't think Taurus like in appearance because she appears very different and she doesn't fit in or try to maintain a status quo. I heard her talk on TV and she said something that made me think of her being a champion for the underdogs, (a humanitarian for the different and unique)
Very different and unique--gotta go with Aquarian ASC

J.Lily

BTW is there anyone who happens to know the correct answer ??? I would think she may have had her chart looked into

RockFish

Not climb the ladder fit in at all costs Capricorn.
Seriously, can there ever be someone to climb the ladder more keenly than Lady Gaga? Take a look at some early videos of Stefani Germanotta, when she used to sing pop rock à la Alanis Morrisette... Then consider the spectacular 180 degrees she turned to hit the top of the charts, the nakedness, the easy brainless pop, the outfits emulating Aguilera and Spears, the "shocking" statements around the media, every step already known, tested and approved by other stars in the industry before her. She took all the known steps to climb the ladder and fit into the grand scheme of the music industry. "At all costs" is an expression that defines Lady Gaga, imo.

(BTW, Bowie is Capricorn, with Mars and Mercury also in capricorn. Aqua ascendant, according to some, Libra with Neptune rising according to others. Where's the steady, solid earth in Bowie, the ever-changing chameleon? It is in the manipulation and manouvering of the vagaries of the industry in order to write his name in the music history of the 20th century. Believing Saturn and Capricorn are synonyms to dullness, tradition or conservatism is missing the whole point of Capricorn. Saturn and Capricorn are all about ambition, and that is something Lady Gaga has in torrential amounts.)

At any rate, Aquarius is a good guess also. I will stick to Sag ascendant and Uranus rising, but who knows, right? At some point we will find out and probably will be surprised by it. :joyful:

RockFish

Good points. Perhaps it's a good idea to keep it simple. After all, Aquarius is the sign of the freakish atittudes and looks, indeed, so why can't I go with it without a "what if"? :tongue:

The problem is, I never managed to spot a person's ascendant by doing just that, to be honest. Like "dark looks = scorpio", "traditional = capricorn", "youthful = gemini".... Never worked for me, so I'm trying to take a different approach here, but in the end it's all conjectures and having fun guessing, since we'll have to wait for her or someone else to speak about it. I don't think there's ever been a method to find one's ascendant through their looks, altho my capricorn heart would love to be the one to find it, LOL.

One thing I noticed with this thread is that the Taurus ascendants think it's Taurus, and the Capricorn ascendants think it's Capricorn. We all want her for ourselves lol!

I am cap with cap ascendant, perhaps I can't see anything in front of me that is not capricorn. :innocent:

I'll leave it to the Sagittarius, though (but not before placing my ruler on her ascendant). :whistling:

Now we only need to send someone there to ask her. They say she is coming to Brazil next year, I might try to get that information, heaven knows how. :bandit::biggrin: I'll laugh hard if she says "Cancer".

aldovento

I want to agree with all who say she's an Aquarius rising. She is very unique and original; If you watch her interviews she's very intellectual. I read someone says Gaga doesn't seem like the humanitarian type but actually she stands up for equal gay rights, these risings usually stand out with their choice of dress, and with her progressive music on the cutting edge she must be a future forward Aquarius.

not to mention I'm a Sun Aries/ ASC Aquarius :wink:

Courtney Love

Obviously I'm not saying she is a hermaphrodite or a transvestite, I thought this was clear in my post. Obviously she' a woman, but I'm talking about public perception as a hint about someone's ascendant. The fact that there was speculation (that hit the newspapers) about an alleged penis only speaks about the ascendant, I believe.

In Bad Romance she deliberatedly twists and distorts her body to look like a monster or a freak (Uranus). I don't think that is very venusian. In some parts of it she might have looked venusian, but there is a consistent degree of violence (Mars) in this video and in Papparazzi, and I guess most people would agree that her freakshiness is her trademark. Venus would be prominent in a 1 a.m. chart, since it would be angular and squaring the ascendant, so obviously it wouldn't be missing in the combo, but I just don't see her as someone with venus on ascendant.

Sorry, edit to correct: Venus would be trining the ascendant in a 1:00 am chart.

yeah, you don't look at Lady Gaga (or Lady CaCa, as Dlisted.com awesomely calls her) and think Venus. she looks like someone (Tim Burton's?) idea of a freaked out popstar, the Nightmare before Pop Stardom... She looked like a witch before, with that huge nose and sad eyes, and I think people are getting confused by the styling/makeup/surgery and things that are her masks.

One thought....

we are all talking about her videos.. and especially "bad romance"
i want to say...she is probably not the director nor the artistic director of the video... We dont know how much influence she had on the whole thing...

just a thought :)

At the end of it all, she is an aries, and I don't feel the fire from her (ignoring videos because she isn't a director). I have a friend who is an aries, and I couldn't believe it until I found out that she was Virgo rising, because she's so boring, cautious, worrying and afraid... I don't know a great deal about Lady Gaga, I just know I don't particularly like anyone who tries *that hard* to be different (Unless their name is marilyn manson) and I just find her calculating and ugly.

I think that she's a virgo rising who reads a chapter from "how to be a pop star in 3 easy steps" every single day.. Virgo rising puts pluto in the 3rd.... she's a child prodigy who feels like she knows enough about music and the music industry to turn it all on it's head by reinventing it...

Last edited:

RockFish

I think that she's a virgo rising who reads a chapter from "how to be a pop star in 3 easy steps" every single day..

Hehe, I always thought she reads David Bowie's past career as a textbook on fame. Even the very character, "Lady Gaga", the way she embodied it and lives it everyday, it reminds of Bowie's Ziggy Stardust. (Bowie almost lost himself in the character, he had real identity issues, and mentioned later that Ziggy became a monster that nearly destroyed his sanity - Mars and Sun square Neptune).

Libra rising for Gaga, can't go with that either. Britney Spears has Libra rising, you can see the difference. Britney embodies the sexy, beautiful woman, nothing eccentric or edgy about her visuals (apart from the brief "I'm gonna shave my head and everybody can go to hell" stint, which was pretty cool, imo).