Astrology Weekly's Horary Tutorial

Arian Maverick

I have created this thread upon Elansome's suggestion in the thread Practising on this chart but need help, as I believe a basic horary tutorial will be a most welcome addition to the forums.

Please contact me via personal message if you have any ideas concerning the layout and/or composition of this thread, or if you have written a horary astrology article you wish to share with the community. I am also searching for helpful horary astrology sites.

Thank you! :D

Arian Maverick

Summery Joy

Maybe we should brainstorm to come up with an outline; sort of a curriculum of topics that need to be studied. After a "course outline" is developed, each topic can be posted in the form of a link that, upon clicking, moves you to articles or links concerning that topic. It'll be our own Horary eBook almost. What do you think?

Howl

Thank the stars for a horary tutorial!! I have been looking at the mess I posted under the horary board, while trying to figure out my own career related horary chart. I'm going to go back and EDIT it, when I get round to it.

As for useful links, I think hypertext for terms such as 'occidental' and 'collection of light' linked to really simple and clear definitions will be exceptionally helpful. Part of the difficulty of learning horary, I find, is swimming in the variety of new astrological vocabulary.

As my dogs-breakfast self interpretation horary shows, I like to learn by trying. Looking forward to trying again ;)

pwadm

Staff member
Great idea! Let's do it!

Some basic ideas:

- roots and history of horary astrology
- asking/receiving a horary question
- querent and quesited
- turning the chart
- house meanings
- chart significators
- the Moon
- orbs and aspects
- dignities and receptions
- fixed stars, Arabic parts, antiscia

These chapters will most surely suffer modifications and additions.

Sample horary charts and delineations:
-1st house horaries
-2nd house horaries
-3rd house horaries
-4th house horaries
-5th house horaries
-6th house horaries
-7th house horaries
-8th house horaries
-9th house horaries
-10th house horaries
-11th house horaries
-12th house horaries

We could use charts from the already huge and growing (!) archive of horary charts published and discussed on this forum and this site, choosing of course only those whose outcome is already known and the delineation is straight-forward.

Please send more suggestions! What else would you want included in this course?

Howl

- asking/receiving a horary question

broken down to include the different types of questions, how best to phrase one, what kind of answer to expect. For example:

"is it true....."
"what will be the outcome....."
"where is my...."
"what should I do....."
"when will this happen....."

And whether it's okay to ask less precise questions, or how to ask them. Like "tell me more about........". Thats usually what I want to ask :)

I don't know about my list, I'm not a horarist ;) just some ideas...

Last edited:

Summery Joy

Here's a few topics that could be added to the list:

- Moiety of orbs
-The use of modern planets
-Considerations against judgement

Arian Maverick

I am unsure what this means, but I asked Sabian Symbols' Oracle for suggestions for the horary astrology tutorial and received the following answer:

A man gaining secret knowledge from an ancient scroll he is reading.
29º Virgo

179__(29°)
ARCHAIC MS. DISCLOSES TO SCHOLAR THE OLD MYSTERIES The understanding which is built on patient steady work and persisting aspiration. Fecundative power of ancient wisdom.

___*When positive, the degree is imagination brought to the full of its power through conscious effort, and when negative, loss of common sense in pure supposition.

How can we bring this all together?

Moving finger points to significant passages in a book.
21º Taurus

51__(21°)
MOVING FINGER POINTS TO SIGNIFICANT PASSAGES IN A BOOK Symbol of spiritual discrimination, of capacity for getting to the heart of any matter. Good memory. Perspicacity.

___*When positive, the degree is a sensitiveness to the enduring significance of each special complex in human affairs, and when negative, a loss of integrity through blind obedience to others and a tendency to do things by rote.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

franklin taylor

Hello,
I just read some of the info about educational forums and classes. I wouldn't think it had to be anymore complicated than reading a college syllabus. Like Radu had there on his input. Only thing I might add to his example would be to include ancient and modern differences in each planetary or house translations and meanings (if it has/had evolved to even slightly different meanings from former times) or at least a brief summary of those changes. This is so the former and the modern can both be considered and known about. An example, in natal astrology, an inconjunct is taken more seriously now than it did in former times. Keep it simple, straight forward, and most of all progressive I'd think. I don't know about Horary enough to make a syllabus myself. I could probably come up with a natal one when you want it, but I am sure there are several with good ideas about that too. I would be most interested in researching Natal, Medical, and Synastry Astrology primarily myself. Ive already researched natal somewhat by hand writing and researching numerous Natal chart intrerpetations and writing readings for numerous people to their great satisfaction. So in these areas my greater strengths lie. I would like to know more about Horary though, for the sake of knowledge. Sounds like I need to change my Motto at the both around a bit doesn't it lol.
Take Care.
Franklin

lunaysul

Hello everyone,

I am so excited and can't wait for this project to start.....well it is a project isn't it? I've been driving myself crazy:87: on this subject for a while ; night and day it seems like I can't get off my computer and do my personal work lol
so hopefully this would be easier reference for people like me.:confused:

Keep up the good work

peace,:39:

Luna