View Single Post
Unread 10-02-2019, 05:15 AM

Re: Cazimi, combust or under sunbeams

Yes, please let us know what you find out.

I am also skeptical that Mercury combust the sun is debilitated. The rational for seeing combustion as debilitating is that the visible light of a planet so close to the sun is obscured by the sun's brilliance. However, I have observed many smart, well educated people with sun conjunct Mercury. To the extent that the sun symbolizes one's identity, I think a planet conjunct the sun indicates what the person identifies with.

Traditionally Mars was the one planet not harmed by combustion, because its own nature was so hot and dry.

A few ancient astrologers also thought that a domiciled planet ("in its own chariot") was not harmed by combustion.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.