House of your North Node

Sagcap88

I was wondering if anyone had experience in looking at how the house your north Node falls in indicates your life’s path.

I would assume that the ruler of the house, where it’s placed, what sign it’s in, and what aspects it makes would factor in.

Example: I have a Pisces NN in my 6th, which for me is confusing because the sign of my SN is Virgo in the 12th. It feels contradictory.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

ardentika

That's interesting. It is contradictory but it aeems helpful to me. You are naturally used to the virgo energy, however your NN falls in a Virgo house. So it can be both challenging and helpful. You might do well as some sort of a healer... physical or spiritual.

I have NN in 8th in Scorpio. Its a hard positions, however my 9th house is actually ruled by Scorpio so I consider my NN being in both houses. I don't think the ruler matters much unless it's aspecting it but yes in general all planets that make a hard aspect to the NN will play out as a challenge or help.

They say planets that conjunct the NN bring help but I don't find this to be true with my Venus conjunct the NN xD

Sagcap88

That's interesting. It is contradictory but it aeems helpful to me. You are naturally used to the virgo energy, however your NN falls in a Virgo house. So it can be both challenging and helpful. You might do well as some sort of a healer... physical or spiritual.

I have NN in 8th in Scorpio. Its a hard positions, however my 9th house is actually ruled by Scorpio so I consider my NN being in both houses. I don't think the ruler matters much unless it's aspecting it but yes in general all planets that make a hard aspect to the NN will play out as a challenge or help.

They say planets that conjunct the NN bring help but I don't find this to be true with my Venus conjunct the NN xD

Thanks! Helpful reply. The nodes are so fascinating.

Goldi

My NN is both in Leo and in the 5th; so house and sign are aligned. As a child, I had to be wise and serious and hidden. So it is actually quite meaningful to me that my lesson is to be seen and playful and shine my light.

Lykanized

I feel like the nodes are a lot more important than typically treated. I definitely think they're one of the first things you should look at. House and sign are both important as well as aspects

For me, I find that I have a lot more traits of my nodes than is otherwise represented in my chart which I find interesting. I believe the SN house is almost like a means to an ends in terms of reaching your NN fulfilment

In my case, my signs and nodes aren't balanced like that. I wonder if that eases the journey. Granted, Pisces 6th house doesn't equal Virgo 12th. They'll be analogous in ways but perhaps inverted. Quite a beautiful balance

Sagcap88

I feel like the nodes are a lot more important than typically treated. I definitely think they're one of the first things you should look at. House and sign are both important as well as aspects

For me, I find that I have a lot more traits of my nodes than is otherwise represented in my chart which I find interesting. I believe the SN house is almost like a means to an ends in terms of reaching your NN fulfilment

In my case, my signs and nodes aren't balanced like that. I wonder if that eases the journey. Granted, Pisces 6th house doesn't equal Virgo 12th. They'll be analogous in ways but perhaps inverted. Quite a beautiful balance

Thanks! I also feel like I have more traits of my Pisces NN as I’ve grown in my path and most people guess that I’m a Pisces. I think out of all my chart, Pisces NN is what I most strong identify with.

Also, the cusp of my 6th is Aquarius and my Aquarian Vertex is also in there, which heightens it, I suppose. The Vertex feels so powerful to me.

That said, it being in the sixth house confuses me about my path. I’ve never readily grasped the 6th house and what it holds. I know that a lot of people say it has to do with health or work.

I have health issues I’ve had to learn to accept and maybe that’s for me part of the NN path. As far as work, a lot of people say I should be a school teacher or healer based on my chart. I definitely don’t want to be either as they don’t feel right to me.

I wonder if because of my NN sign being Pisces that my work could relate to creativity. That’s where my heart is.

ardentika

Thanks! I also feel like I have more traits of my Pisces NN as I’ve grown in my path and most people guess that I’m a Pisces. I think out of all my chart, Pisces NN is what I most strong identify with.

Also, the cusp of my 6th is Aquarius and my Aquarian Vertex is also in there, which heightens it, I suppose. The Vertex feels so powerful to me.

That said, it being in the sixth house confuses me about my path. I’ve never readily grasped the 6th house and what it holds. I know that a lot of people say it has to do with health or work.

I have health issues I’ve had to learn to accept and maybe that’s for me part of the NN path. As far as work, a lot of people say I should be a school teacher or healer based on my chart. I definitely don’t want to be either as they don’t feel right to me.

I wonder if because of my NN sign being Pisces that my work could relate to creativity. That’s where my heart is.

Sometimes people with NN in 6th don't have to work really hard in this life to survive. It's like a blessing almost, so that you can focus on other things. And creativity can definitely be one of them!

Health issues often times are the traumatized soul remembering a difficult past life (12th house matters) so I believe you will do well with past life regressions. Might help you heal some of your problems. You might have been a laborer or someone who worked really hard in a past life, and took care for everyone else. It's a very reclusive house which stores a lot of memories. It's our subconscious mind, that's why it's positioned right next to the Asc, which is partially conscious and partially unconscious house. Instinctive so to speak.

kirki

I ve been asking in many forums about nodes ,since my south node is in 5th house where sun and mercury also are,plus conjuct mercury ,so i guess its harder to unstck from it.I see charts where sun conjuct north node ,which i it makes it easier to follow n node path.

Andrea_

It's weirdly accurate for me and this caused me to look more in depth at it.

My NN is in the 9th House in Libra, on Spica. This makes Aries the opposite... and a cookbook definition would be "Moving away from conflict and quick temper to a more understanding and peaceful way of interacting with the world and other people" and this is pretty much how I would describe my early childhood/teenage etc... trying to balance out the need for peacefulness with an environment that was challenging a well hidden temper and lots of feelings "boiling".

The 9th is the House of Sagittarius (travel, foreign stuff, religious things or philosophical pursuits) yet occupied by Libra... Libra's ruler, venus, being in my 1st House in Aquarius. Sagittarius' ruler, Jupiter, is in Saggi but in the 12th house, near the galactic center, conjuncting sun also in the 12th.

I travelled abroad every year with different projects or family (holidays) which is not that usual for people in my country (the economical situation isn't nearly as good as in the west), so I consider myself lucky.

Moreover, I am studying abroad right now and enjoying it much more than home. I was in a pretty bad... psychological condition actually, but where I am right now, and after choosing something that I really wanted to do, I feel much better.

Even my undergrad studies were in foreign languages. Now it's different, but it absolutely help me be here. I also enjoy working with kids and animals, nature, although I have to say it widely depends on the environment and since I worked in school ones too I came to not agree very much with quite a few of the teaching ways nowdays, either too old and strict or too loose and no moral lessons.

Furthermore, and going pretty in tune with my chart, most people see the outer layer and fail to see the deeper side of my personality... but this will be generally available for everything around them (they might not really pierce the layers of reality or be able to tell if someone is telling the truth or lying) so I don't feel like a "victim" in this sense, having 12th House aspects. If anything, I feel blessed, and I think astrology and other esoteric branches that carried certain universal truths or old knowledge across centuries (even if deemed as "fake", "weird" or "bad") helped me become more forgiving with people and myself. Otherwise I would've gotten pretty... edgy, and with a lot of confusion and possibly hate towards certain social situations or environments. Even if it can be more painful (and it's been) to realise things before anyone else and then having people not pay attention or not believe you, because that's what happens.

I can still get pretty mad and bottle up feelings, of course. Still learning "the Libra ways".

Last edited:

Fz hb

I believe the SN house is almost like a means to an ends in terms of reaching your NN fulfilment[/QUOTE]

What does this mean. I have been told over and over to sort my SN which is conjunction nadir to receive the fruits of NN which is conjunction mid heaven. How can two opposites support each other. Aren't opposites suppose to push and pull.

Witchyone

I ve been asking in many forums about nodes ,since my south node is in 5th house where sun and mercury also are,plus conjuct mercury ,so i guess its harder to unstck from it.I see charts where sun conjuct north node ,which i it makes it easier to follow n node path.

My south node is also conjunct my sun, 1 degree off, but in the first house. I've been interpreting this to mean that I, more than most people, have been tasked with growing beyond my comfort zone. We're literally supposed to grow into our opposite...I guess???

Osamenor

Staff member

Health, work, pets, day-to-day routines. A general message of south node in 12th/north node in 6th is coming back into the world. If we read it as a past life story, south node in 12th would indicate being removed from the world in some sense, in a past life. Maybe literal imprisonment, exile, or confining illness. Maybe a monastic life. Maybe being isolated in the home. If that was your past experience, you now need to live in the world. That's what the north node in 6th message is.

Virgo suggests that this was a past life of doing something, adherence to routine. The combination of Virgo and 12th house strongly suggests, to my mind, life in a convent or monastery: the routines, the vocation (Virgo is vocation), and the removal. But it really depends on the rest of the chart. Look to Mercury (SN ruler) for more detail. If there are any planets conjunct or aspecting the node, also look to them.

The Pisces/sixth house combination suggests bringing what you learned into the world. If Virgo is the apprentice, Pisces is the master. You're building on what you learned before.

Guess what well-known person has that very south/north node combination: Starhawk. Who is well known for what she does in the world--activism--but it comes from a spiritual place. She's an activist witch, and a leader in a community of activist witches.

Do you have anything in your sixth or twelfth houses besides the nodes? Chronic health issues are very much a sixth/twelfth house thing. If that axis is active in your chart, it's not at all uncommon to have chronic health issues turn up.

I haven't seen your whole chart, but if people are saying you should be a schoolteacher or a healer, there's probably a teach/heal message there. That doesn't mean you have to literally be a schoolteacher or a medical professional. There are lots and lots of ways to fulfill that.

Creative work can be healing. You might find that whatever you do for your own healing is something you eventually want to share with others who have similar problems. That would be teaching and healing.

kirki

My south node is also conjunct my sun, 1 degree off, but in the first house. I've been interpreting this to mean that I, more than most people, have been tasked with growing beyond my comfort zone. We're literally supposed to grow into our opposite...I guess???
I have noooo idea,when sun is supposed to be our purpose in life ,and oppose n node which also means what we should do to develope ourselves ,i cant get it .

Sagcap88

Sometimes people with NN in 6th don't have to work really hard in this life to survive. It's like a blessing almost, so that you can focus on other things. And creativity can definitely be one of them!

Health issues often times are the traumatized soul remembering a difficult past life (12th house matters) so I believe you will do well with past life regressions. Might help you heal some of your problems. You might have been a laborer or someone who worked really hard in a past life, and took care for everyone else. It's a very reclusive house which stores a lot of memories. It's our subconscious mind, that's why it's positioned right next to the Asc, which is partially conscious and partially unconscious house. Instinctive so to speak.

Thanks! I’ll look into a past life regression.

Sagcap88

Health, work, pets, day-to-day routines. A general message of south node in 12th/north node in 6th is coming back into the world. If we read it as a past life story, south node in 12th would indicate being removed from the world in some sense, in a past life. Maybe literal imprisonment, exile, or confining illness. Maybe a monastic life. Maybe being isolated in the home. If that was your past experience, you now need to live in the world. That's what the north node in 6th message is.

Virgo suggests that this was a past life of doing something, adherence to routine. The combination of Virgo and 12th house strongly suggests, to my mind, life in a convent or monastery: the routines, the vocation (Virgo is vocation), and the removal. But it really depends on the rest of the chart. Look to Mercury (SN ruler) for more detail. If there are any planets conjunct or aspecting the node, also look to them.

The Pisces/sixth house combination suggests bringing what you learned into the world. If Virgo is the apprentice, Pisces is the master. You're building on what you learned before.

Guess what well-known person has that very south/north node combination: Starhawk. Who is well known for what she does in the world--activism--but it comes from a spiritual place. She's an activist witch, and a leader in a community of activist witches.

Do you have anything in your sixth or twelfth houses besides the nodes? Chronic health issues are very much a sixth/twelfth house thing. If that axis is active in your chart, it's not at all uncommon to have chronic health issues turn up.

I haven't seen your whole chart, but if people are saying you should be a schoolteacher or a healer, there's probably a teach/heal message there. That doesn't mean you have to literally be a schoolteacher or a medical professional. There are lots and lots of ways to fulfill that.

Creative work can be healing. You might find that whatever you do for your own healing is something you eventually want to share with others who have similar problems. That would be teaching and healing.

Wow, you know your stuff! Thank you for taking the time to give me such a detailed answer; I appreciate it! That’s so cool about Starhawk, very inspiring. I hadn’t heard of her before.

Yes, I think that part of my healing has been from childhood abuse and I’ve really delved into educating myself about how it affects you as an adult. I feel like helping people overcome their childhood traumas might be an area where I’d excel. I’ll give it time...I know that eventually I’ve figure out what I’m meant to do. Also, Chiron is conjunct my MC.

Witchyone

I have noooo idea,when sun is supposed to be our purpose in life ,and oppose n node which also means what we should do to develope ourselves ,i cant get it .

Do you interpret Sun as purpose? I don't have a firm grasp on what any single placement represents, but I think of Sun as the simple ego, just what we are, while I think of North Node as purpose. South Node, bu this thinking, is the part of life you have already mastered (perhaps in a former life). The idea is to move away from what you've already mastered to what you need to master.

I think it's useful in this context to think of what a node is, physically. It's an imaginary point in space, while a planet is a solid entity.

Even thinking of it this way, it's not easy to understand how one's life's purpose can be completely opposite one's ego.

Osamenor

Staff member
Do you interpret Sun as purpose? I don't have a firm grasp on what any single placement represents, but I think of Sun as the simple ego, just what we are, while I think of North Node as purpose. South Node, bu this thinking, is the part of life you have already mastered (perhaps in a former life). The idea is to move away from what you've already mastered to what you need to master.

I think it's useful in this context to think of what a node is, physically. It's an imaginary point in space, while a planet is a solid entity.

Even thinking of it this way, it's not easy to understand how one's life's purpose can be completely opposite one's ego.
More to the point: your sun's placement is your core personal growth. What do you need most in order to have that core personal growth? What do you need to develop your personality? The sign and house of your sun answer that question. Anything aspecting your sun feeds into that core personal growth.

The north node is what you need to bring more of into your life. If it's opposite your sun, that doesn't change the sun/south node message of what you need for your personal growth--but it does suggest that bringing the opposite quality of your sun's sign and house into your life will feed that personal growth, in a much more satisfying way than if you just stuck with the message of your sun's placement.

First house is self, individuality. Seventh house is others. To use the most general meanings. The sign your sun is in flavors that individual development.

First house tells us that you need that sign's indicators for and to yourself. An example: I have a friend who is a triple Cancer--and has a stellium in Cancer around her sun, moon, and ascendant, and to top it off, her north node is there, too. She's found that she absolutely has to live alone and have her own home. When she's tried to live with others, it has always not worked out in spectacular and unusual ways. A big message in her chart is that she needs that personal space for her own self care.

In contrast, a person with those kinds of placements in the seventh house would care for their self mainly by caring for others. They would, for example, eat best if they're cooking meals for their partner or family or roommates, not just themselves.

For you, development for and by yourself is very important--first house sun speaks to that--but you also need to draw others into your life who feed that self development. If it's working well, it would be a relationship of mutuality: your self development also feeds theirs, even if it's happening in different ways for you than for them.

Somna7H

Banned
I have NN conjunct Mercury in Cancer 2nd house.
Still I'm confused regarding my future life path. 🤔

http://imgur.com/m0qQlLl

Last edited:

Witchyone

More to the point: your sun's placement is your core personal growth. What do you need most in order to have that core personal growth? What do you need to develop your personality? The sign and house of your sun answer that question. Anything aspecting your sun feeds into that core personal growth.

The north node is what you need to bring more of into your life. If it's opposite your sun, that doesn't change the sun/south node message of what you need for your personal growth--but it does suggest that bringing the opposite quality of your sun's sign and house into your life will feed that personal growth, in a much more satisfying way than if you just stuck with the message of your sun's placement.

First house is self, individuality. Seventh house is others. To use the most general meanings. The sign your sun is in flavors that individual development.

First house tells us that you need that sign's indicators for and to yourself. An example: I have a friend who is a triple Cancer--and has a stellium in Cancer around her sun, moon, and ascendant, and to top it off, her north node is there, too. She's found that she absolutely has to live alone and have her own home. When she's tried to live with others, it has always not worked out in spectacular and unusual ways. A big message in her chart is that she needs that personal space for her own self care.

In contrast, a person with those kinds of placements in the seventh house would care for their self mainly by caring for others. They would, for example, eat best if they're cooking meals for their partner or family or roommates, not just themselves.

For you, development for and by yourself is very important--first house sun speaks to that--but you also need to draw others into your life who feed that self development. If it's working well, it would be a relationship of mutuality: your self development also feeds theirs, even if it's happening in different ways for you than for them.

That's a very clear and useful interpretation. Thanks so much!

OCHS

First, excuse me if anything I'm going to say seems silly to you; I am learning concepts and surely know less than many here.

To me the NN is something that gives me a little fear and respect, from what I have read about karma, life path, etc.

In a certain place I read that the South Node assumes the burden that the person has to carry in this world, something like the pending homework, while the North Node is the area in which we have the necessary tools to evolve our personality in this life.

Is it true that nodes are in some way related to eclipses, or am I saying nonsense?

My birth was on October 17th, 1977, the 12th there was a total sun / moon eclipse in libra ...
I think this has to do with NN being near that area in my birth chart, right?

Well, in short, according to the sources that I have consulted, the NN is one of the most important and strong points of my chart .... is in the house 8 (in libra: my house 8 is part libra, part scorpio).
NN in conjunction with the sun, mercury and pluto.

The conjunction with pluto is very tight.
I also have an important sextile between Neptune and the NN.

a>
27zl01h.jpg
125p5w1.jpg

h9cAhp

In the SN I do not have any aspect (except the opposites of these).

Given that the house 8 is always associated with death, inheritances, sex, transformations, sometimes I am afraid to deepen in these aspects...

On the other hand I have Uranus in scorpio also in house 8, I do not know how many times I've read that I could kill myself or have an accidental death !! It's not nice, friends! :biggrin:

Last edited: