Baby Boomers = Pluto in Leo ??

AppLeo

So as well all know, baby boomers were born when the economy was at its best and conservative social values were still intact. The country was amazing. 1950's was great.

I think it's really really interesting how like, Pluto in Cancer was about the same time that the war ended and all these soldiers that came back from the war had children. And how like families and children are associated with Cancer and all that jazz.

And then when Pluto was in Leo these children (baby boomers) were the most privileged and then leave the country with healthcare and social security. It's such a Leo thing to do. Just like leave the country in a ton of debt.

Baby Boomers are a generalization:

20% of baby boomers still have college debt

I just find it really interesting... Have you guys made this Pluto connection to the generations? I'm starting to wonder how Neptune and Uranus played their part during the generations..

And then when Pluto entered Scorpio, that was literally the beginning of Generation Y.. Pluto was exalted in Leo. And Pluto is at its home in Scorpio. Its like when planets are in their home signs it makes for a disaster or the people are so lucky that they become lazy.

Then in 1995, Pluto enters Sag, that's the beginning of Gen Z and the internet.

When Pluto enters Aquarius 2023, when a lot of boomers will be retirement), the opposite of pluto in Leo, I don't think Baby Boomers are going to get their social security [deleted attacking comments by request - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

wilsontc

Staff member
Back to astrology, to All

All,

Debate the OP's point all you want to but find SOME way to put astrology into it. If you just want to start a non-astrological discussion, do it in the Chat Forum.

Back to astrology,

Tim

ardentika

I agree about the Scorpio laziness altho... perhaps the revolution is done there on a mental plane. And there is a shift in the collective consciousness, no one can deny that. It's just that some things take time. Each generation will contribute when the time comes. It doesn't always has to be hype and war and aggression. If everyone indeed looked at their own well being IN the society, it would be an ideal world. Balance will be always the fackin key word to each argument. Just acceptance and look at your own cup without trying to takr from others or ruin theirs. And I think thats what the Pluto Scorpio generation is. Total transformation of social norms and social ideas. New methods and new ideas that have nothing in common with the past.

CapAquaPis

A generation born when Pluto is in Leo: sheltered childhoods, Scorpio: the end of a good life, and Aquarius: the draining of security. I can see the astrological connections, don't you? Boomers rebelled against their elders when Pluto is in Virgo, as they became the establishment when Pluto was in Sagittarius, and they will have to protect their power from generations X/Y and Millennials, the age of the Boomer will come to an end when Pluto enters Pisces in the 2030s.

AppLeo

A generation born when Pluto is in Leo: sheltered childhoods, Scorpio: the end of a good life, and Aquarius: the draining of security. I can see the astrological connections, don't you? Boomers rebelled against their elders when Pluto is in Virgo, as they became the establishment when Pluto was in Sagittarius, and they will have to protect their power from generations X/Y and Millennials, the age of the Boomer will come to an end when Pluto enters Pisces in the 2030s.

Thank you for your comment. yes, I definitely see the connection.

I don't see how Pluto in Virgo would signal rebellion or how the establishment came about from Pluto in Sag.

ardentika

Why Pluto in Scorpio is end of a good life?

OuterPlanets89

Pluto in Fire Signs = Transforming through expression; redefining the boundaries of what life can be.
- Pluto in Leo changed expression, culture and art, after coming into "abundance" post-WWII, as the sign Leo represents the peak of Summer harvest. Self-indulgent and materialistic, and stuck in their ways as all Fixed Plutos seem to be. But overall one of the most memorable generations in US history.
- Pluto in Sagittarius is also changing expression, via the internet and pushing social boundaries from previous generations. Sagittarius is sandwiched between the 2 darkest signs (Scorpio/Capricorn), so they're making the most of a dark time, so to speak...They're more socially conscious than the Leos but also more flighty. Many have Uranus/Neptune in Aquarius so they're quite detached, progressive and tech-dependent overall.

Pluto in Earth Signs = Transforming structures; redefining and reforming institutions in society.
- Pluto in Virgo changed technology and helped to complete many of Pluto in Leo's ideas, without as much fanfare. They also rebelled against the glamour of the previous generation, but many of those had Uranus conjunct Pluto in Virgo. Even if they deny it, many of them do like order/structure, at least the ones without the Uranus conjunction.
- Pluto in Capricorn will be interesting to watch, because they are "Generation Alpha" or the first generation to fully grow up with advanced technology from birth. I expect them to be the next "conservative" generation, swinging the pendulum back from the Scorp/Sag Plutos.

Pluto in Air Signs = Transforming communication; redefining ideas, information sharing, relationships and how we interact.
- Pluto in Libra changed music/entertainment and helped to bridge different cultures together, even if they didn't succeed fully, due to their deeper peacemaker tendencies. They were generally more progressive parents than the Pluto in Cancer/Leo/Virgo generations, and parented many of the expressive/rebellious Pluto in Sag kids.
- Pluto in Aquarius will likely change interaction forever, focusing on technology, acceptance and quantity over quality (emotional depth). Like the Pluto in Scorpios are fighting against the Leos, calling them self-indulgent, I can see the Pluto in Aquarius generation rebelling against the Scorpios, calling them overly negative/dark/obsessive.

Pluto in Water Signs = Transforming emotional ties/values; redefining empathy, family/home and intimacy.
- Pluto in Cancer emphasized protecting home/family, traditions and national ties, as many fought in WWII for their countries. One of the more conservative generations as a whole, as expected.
- Pluto in Scorpio is changing power and how it's wielded/abused, as well as exposing truths in society that were generally considered taboo by previous generations (systemic inequality/exploitation). They're a dark, stubborn but idealistic generation that had many with Uranus/Neptune conjunct in Capricorn as well, which points to reforming/reimagining structures and institutions. Many struggle in a 9-to-5 Saturnian society because their outer planets (Uranus/Neptune/Pluto) are more integrated into their personality than in previous generations.
- Pluto in Pisces is still a ways away, but I'd guess that they bring some sort of holistic spirituality to the forefront, after the detached tech focus of the Pluto in Aquarius. But Pisces can also point to delusions, so I could also see unrest and extremism during their generation.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Pluto in Aquarius will likely change interaction forever, focusing on technology, acceptance and quantity over quality (emotional depth). Like the Pluto in Scorpios are fighting against the Leos, calling them self-indulgent, I can see the Pluto in Aquarius generation rebelling against the Scorpios, calling them overly negative/dark/obsessive.

The upcoming Pluto in Aquarius era, America's Pluto return in 2023-24 after 248 years the country existed, and after this week's solar eclipse (Dec 14, 2020) combined with the Great Conjunction (Dec 21, a week from then), we have a strongly Saturnian Capricorn-Aquarius cusp era in the first half of this decade.

Pluto in Scorpio is the very sign the modern planet rules, they would end up more powerful over time after the Pluto in Leo and Virgo generations die off. There's a combination of Neptune in Pisces going into Aries in the 2020s that's going to cause intergenerational fraction and tension not seen since the 1960s when the boomers were the young ones against their victorian-1920s-WW2 eras elders (was it when Pluto in Taurus and later Gemini?).

I'm a Pluto in Libra generation (born 1980) with an easier ability to relate with Pluto in air signs groups Gemini and Aquarius, then I realized Libra like Taurus is a Venusian sign. I agree Pluto in Sagittarius was when the 1990s' decade of peace, progress and prosperity between the cold war (ended 1990) ended by the war on terror (began on 9/11, 2001) was indeed a darker time period for the USA.

CapAquaPis

Why Pluto in Scorpio is end of a good life?

Late reply, but at first I thought it's malefic for Pluto to be in Scorpio, but the 1990s was said to had the highest standard of living and best economic health in US history when Pluto was in Sagittarius (more of a benefic I say). I find it interesting Pluto was in Cancer when Percival Lowell, an American astronomer in an observatory in Northern Arizona near Flagstaff discovered the "smallest" or now reclassified a "dwarf" planet in 1930. Pluto in cusp Scorpio-Sagittarius (or Ophiuchus parazodiac) should represent the battle of "dark" and "light" in the cynical 1990s when Americans felt things were worse than in the 1980s.

The Pluto in Aries generation lived through WW1 an the 1920s boom later became the 1930s depression and again WW2, another yet larger economic boom and finally, the social upheavel of the 1960s, so the Pluto in Aries generation lived through the most epic time period for anyone. Pluto is stronger when in Aries (an octave of Mars which rules Aries) and also Capricorn, some astrologers said Pluto is exalted in Capricorn, the planet of death and darkness (currently) in the sign of death and darkness traditionally attributed to Saturn.

And the Millennials' childhood in the 1980s was influenced by conservatism and patriotism of the Reagan era, they were taught to really love the US as much as their parents and grandparents (1950's peak Americana and 1920's societal norms). In the contrary, they are more globalist-international-multicultural in how they perceive themselves more like "social group/minority hyphenated". This cultural development in the 1960s-70s called for an end of conformity and a high emphasis on individuality, I wonder this is from a Pluto in Scorpio birth.

1994-96 was when Pluto was in "Ophiuchus" (cusp 29' Scorpio-1' Sagittarius).

blacksun?

So as well all know, baby boomers were born when the economy was at its best and conservative social values were still intact. The country was amazing. 1950's was great.

I think it's really really interesting how like, Pluto in Cancer was about the same time that the war ended and all these soldiers that came back from the war had children. And how like families and children are associated with Cancer and all that jazz.

And then when Pluto was in Leo these children (baby boomers) were the most privileged and then leave the country with healthcare and social security. It's such a Leo thing to do. Just like leave the country in a ton of debt.

Baby Boomers are a generalization:

20% of baby boomers still have college debt

I just find it really interesting... Have you guys made this Pluto connection to the generations? I'm starting to wonder how Neptune and Uranus played their part during the generations..

And then when Pluto entered Scorpio, that was literally the beginning of Generation Y.. Pluto was exalted in Leo. And Pluto is at its home in Scorpio. Its like when planets are in their home signs it makes for a disaster or the people are so lucky that they become lazy.

Then in 1995, Pluto enters Sag, that's the beginning of Gen Z and the internet.

When Pluto enters Aquarius 2023, when a lot of boomers will be retirement), the opposite of pluto in Leo, I don't think Baby Boomers are going to get their social security [deleted attacking comments by request - Moderator]
Yes!
Spot on. I always identify peole by their Plutonic generation, it just works so well. After the boomers came the Virgo's, i.e. the tech founders and makers of electronic music, the people dominating the 80s. After that came my generation, very mild and literate people, as a generation initially very passive compared to the boomers, and ripe at a much later age, in this era right now.

Then we got the Scorpios, the true sexual revolution, people of no literary inclination but highly obsessed with primal truths. Pluto in Sagittarius people, now coming into adulthood, are exciting, daring, spiritual people. The ones who take the Plutonic Firebaton.

Bunraku

What do you make of COVID (occurring) being in the last degrees of Capricorn, and Pluto is about to ingress into Aquarius? Both are Saturn ruled signs, enemy of the Sun (Leo) and Moon.

The elderly are more prone to covid after all... :andy::andy:

sentR89day

Economically, the US peaked in the 1950's and 1960's! It was the peak of capitalism! I'd say roughly 1945 to about 1971 was our economic peak!

Social-Justice-wise, though, the 1950's and 1960's was a horrible time to be black, gay, and in a lot of cases, even being a Caucasian woman was hard!

I'd say, overall, the US's peak was definitely about the 1990's: Economically, pop culturally, and social justice-wise!

It wasn't even until 1997 when Ellen Degeneres came out as a lesbian! It was a lot harder to be gay before that era!

CapAquaPis

Economically, the US peaked in the 1950's and 1960's! It was the peak of capitalism! I'd say roughly 1945 to about 1971 was our economic peak!

Social-Justice-wise, though, the 1950's and 1960's was a horrible time to be black, gay, and in a lot of cases, even being a Caucasian woman was hard!

I'd say, overall, the US's peak was definitely about the 1990's: Economically, pop culturally, and social justice-wise!

It wasn't even until 1997 when Ellen Degeneres came out as a lesbian! It was a lot harder to be gay before that era!

The 1980s and esp. the 90s may be when we had a balance of social justice and economic prosperity, though I have my own reservations and questioned whether life in the late 20th century were relatively the best of times of all time...people with autism at the time were probably the least acknowledged on how they struggled with their condition when most people weren't familiar with autism.

In 2021, the higher emphasis of social justice, while we're encountering less economic prosperity than 5-7 decades ago. Pluto's position now entering the sign of Aquarius is opposite Leo when the majority of baby boomers were born is the cause of the evershifting axis of economic prosperity and social justice.

CapAquaPis

The 'Narcissistic' energy in the US definitely began during the Silent Generation, or Baby Boomer, generation! So, Pluto in Cancer, or Leo?

Conservative "Individualism" common with many western cultures, but COVID in the USA was mishandled and horribly mismanaged by "egocentrism" or a total lack of regards for others around them when we're in midst of a pandemic, and Pluto in Capricorn/Aquarius in 2020-23 = no sense of any communalism.

CapAquaPis

Yes!
Spot on. I always identify peole by their Plutonic generation, it just works so well. After the boomers came the Virgo's, i.e. the tech founders and makers of electronic music, the people dominating the 80s. After that came my generation, very mild and literate people, as a generation initially very passive compared to the boomers, and ripe at a much later age, in this era right now.

Then we got the Scorpios, the true sexual revolution, people of no literary inclination but highly obsessed with primal truths. Pluto in Sagittarius people, now coming into adulthood, are exciting, daring, spiritual people. The ones who take the Plutonic Firebaton.

3 sexual revolutions: A century ago, the Pluto in Aries generation enters adult age and they began to break victorian rules about courtship (i.e. dating and in their cars or automobiles) in the roaring twenties after the H1N1 flu pandemic. The 1960s-70s-80s period involved Pluto lodged in Virgo and then in Libra was the time after the pill or artificial female birth control and before HIV or AIDS became an endemic the world has to live with. And this third one in the 2010s when Pluto is in Capricorn now entering Aquarius in the 2020s? Liberation of the LGBTQ in western cultures and the acceptance of online dating, but we're entering a sex recession-depression or the rise and peak of the incels (mostly young adult men) blaming "PC-SJW" feminism and retroconservatism reviving biblical-based mores for a more rigid method of having any casual relationships with the opposite sex. Boomers were born under Pluto in Cancer and then Leo, two known signs represent coupling, procreation and formation of families. I'm convinced the 3rd sexual revolution should be around the corner, but numerous incels complain about women's concerns of sexism or misogynism in romantic relationships with men and Americans tend to hold more religious conservative values than other developed nations - a land in the after times of "free love".

CapAquaPis

When it comes to planetary positions linked to political tension, the last time Pluto was in Pisces was the 1790s, and they were the ones in charge of the US in the 1860s to briefly divided the country between the Union or North to later defeat the Confederacy or South in the civil war.