Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

david starling

Considering that so far most of the 2016-2020 campaigns for the democratic party have been mostly about LQTBQ issues, illegal immigrants, global warming, etc....

... it would be funny to call the democratic party as the party of the "labor unions" and the "blue collar-workers".

Whether you like it or not, each minute the democrats spend talking about global warming, is a minute they are not using to talk about stuff that would interest the average worker.

No question that the Democratic party has long had the support of the Labor Unions, and that the Republican party has long been considered the party of the wealthy investors. Trump is a wealthy investor pretending to be a champion of labor.

david starling

Does it matter what I am? would you consider my opinion unworthy if I wasn't a college graduate? or my opinion superior and more valid if I was one?

It's not that at all. It's about your contention that the University-educated voters are almost all Democrats. The Science and Business majors when I was in college were more on the Republican side, whereas those in the Liberal Arts department leaned towards the Democratic party.

Dirius

well, people who don't go to college are usually dummies or at least less well-rounded thinkers, with lower IQ's

Implying that those of individuals who get into thousands of dollars in debt so they can aquire degrees in stuff such as "women's studies" or "poetry", are somehow smart?

Yeah... because nothing is more revealing of intelligence than going into debt to aquire a worthless degree with no job opportunities.

Dirius

It's not that at all. It's about your contention that the University-educated voters are almost all Democrats. The Science and Business majors when I was in college were more on the Republican side, whereas those in the Liberal Arts department leaned towards the Democratic party.

I never said or implied University-educated voters are almost all Democrats.

I said (rather impled) working class people are more likely to be Trump supporters and republicans, than democrats these days.

Not the same thing.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

Last edited:

david starling

The African-American and Hispanic voters tend to vote Democrat, even though they're underrepresented in the Universities. But, many just couldn't see voting for HRC. States that voted for Obama went over to Republican for that reason alone.

AppLeo

Implying that those of individuals who get into thousands of dollars in debt so they can aquire degrees in stuff such as "women's studies" or "poetry", are somehow smart?

Yeah... because nothing is more revealing of intelligence than going into debt to aquire a worthless degree with no job opportunities.

lol yeah that's pretty dumb
but I can tell you this

the mass majority of idiots who don't go to college are not going to avoid debt
it's because they don't value education nor do they understand how important it is to grab opportunities, and because they're too stupid for college lel

also, college isn't always about getting a job. getting a degree in poetry expands and makes one's mind deeper and beautiful. if you can afford a poetry degree, i don't see the problem in dropping the money for it. certainly better than dropping thousands on drugs or something

david starling

I never said or implied University-educated voters are almost all Democrats.

I said (rather imply) working class people are more likely to be Trump supporters and republicans, than democrats these days.

Not the same thing.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

It appeared to me that you set up a division between University-educated versus non-University-educated as being a major difference in the U.S. voting blocs. Sorry that I misunderstood.

Dirius

No question that the Democratic party has long had the support of the Labor Unions, and that the Republican party has long been considered the party of the wealthy investors. Trump is a wealthy investor pretending to be a champion of labor.

Yes they did, for most of the 20th century. They don't anymore, because they'd rather spend more time talking about identity politics, abortion, global warming, gun-control, feminism and orange man bad.

Lets also remember that for most of the 20th century, Democrats used to support gun-rights, and most of them were against abortion. The party has changed its views. Nowdays you can't even run as a democrat unless you are a defender of abortion.

And it is correct to say that Republicns never focused on the working class as a "group". This is Trump's innovation within the party, whom in the 2015-2016 campaign cycle he turned his attention mostly to the working class.

So I agree republicans are not the party of the working class, but neither are democrats today, and most are turning to the republican side through Trump.

Last edited:

Dirius

It appeared to me that you set up a division between University-educated versus non-University-educated as being a major difference in the U.S. voting blocs. Sorry that I misunderstood.

There is a clear distinction between college-age individuals, who tend to be more marxist, and post-college age people who tend to be more conservative (whether they hold a college degree or not).

This is because the former is usually working for minimum wage and not paying much in taxes, while the latter affords most of the tax-bill.

When it comes to the education itself, I agree withit what you said: people who study areas such as econmics tend to be more conservative/libertarian, while people in the humanities tend to lean left.

david starling

There is a clear distinction between college-age individuals, who tend to be more marxist, and post-college age people who tend to be more conservative (whether they hold a college degree or not).

This is because the former is usually working for minimum wage and not paying much in taxes, while the latter affords most of the tax-bill.

When it comes to the education itself, I agree withit what you said: people who study areas such as econmics tend to be more conservative/libertarian, while people in the humanities tend to lean left.

Engineering departments as well.

Dirius

but I can tell you this

it's because they don't value education nor do they understand how important it is to grab opportunities, and because they're too stupid for college lel

also, college isn't always about getting a job. getting a degree in poetry expands and makes one's mind deeper and beautiful. if you can afford a poetry degree, i don't see the problem in dropping the money for it. certainly better than dropping thousands on drugs or something

I can agree with that, but to some extent there are personal circumstances which can affect someone's decision.

Sometimes, in the short-term it is preferable for an individual to find an average paying job - instead of going to college, because there is an immediate need for income. That doesn't mean the person is stupid, just means it has other priorities.

I know plenty of people who in their 20's choose to get a rather profitable job, instead of attending college, only to pursue a college degree at a later age or 32-35 - when they had financial stability and could afford private college.

In my country private college can easily adapt to one's working schedule (every single college has night classes), so its not actually uncommon to see plenty of people in their 30's and 40's attending college classes in private schools. There is also no stigma attached to such thing.

But then again, this has to do with my country's economic instability which usually requires people to work so they can make a living, usually postponing education until a later date. Might not be the same in the U.S. for cultural reasons.

Hkk

Account Closed
but I can tell you this

People that CHOOSE not to go to college are not idiots. Sometimes they don’t understand the wealth opportunity to study or their own potential. Most the time it’s something in their chart.

Be aware of unconscious bias

leomoon

Yeah how convinient right?

Your attitude towards Trump supporters, implying they are "uneducated" is one of the most condecendent and rude things you've said on this thread about them ---- but its totally ok for you to say such things because of *(insert personal origin story imposible to verify)*

Yeah because people on the left never lie about themselves or their situation to win an argument correct?

I'll believe that story about yourself.... just like everyone else believes Elizabeth Warren is an indian.

:happy::happy::happy:

I didn't mean to imply that I thought ALL Trump supporters are "uneducated" only the ones I know personally growing up. In the 1950s, and 1960s, very few girls I knew went on to college or a higher education after graduating high school. This was usually the domain of the guys in our crowd, and most of them were avoiding Vietnam when they could. I'd say ALL of them have street smarts as I did. Out of a group of 20 , only one went to college, and that was more like a community college back then and then a secretarial school. She went onto join the Peace Corps (started by JFK's brother in law), and traveled to exotic places...) Today she works at the DC Center for Disease Control. Her parents escaped the Ukraine during the War, and there is a story she told us about escaping in a horse with covered wagon.

Oftentimes, just travel overseas and especially living overseas for a period of time, can add a wealth of understanding you'll never get on one's couch at home.

It just so happens the "gang" I had as friends growing up in the 60s, were ethnic oriented in an ethnically non-diverse neighborhood, which open their arms to all sorts of "outsiders" such as gays, blacks, etc. although most were Catholic school kids, polish background (Ukrainian and poles as well as from other European countries after WW2 ended) and the parents moved here.
I suppose it would be correct to say 1st and 2nd generation Europeans.

Yet, they were open to all kids and weren't in the least bit snobby. That part I truly liked about my friends and was proud to have known all of them.

The hurt came when 5 decades later, they were still living the Vietnam War era was something to be proud of having "served" in and live it everyday as a badge of honor.

I noticed only my our friend with the higher education who had traveled around the world in the Peace Corps knew better then to say, "America , love it or leave it". The "love it or leave it crowd" as seniors today, simply not got off their proverbial couches nor apparently took that much interest in self-study. :andy: I still love them just for who they once were of course, although we have nothing much in common anymore even for FB talk. How can you possibly communicate with people who tell you "don't confuse me with facts".

Sad.

Last edited:

leomoon

I have 3 daughters, only two are now alive. One of them, (the middle girl) went on to higher education, and of course we were very proud of her because she did it all on her own without any kind of financial help from us (other then books)
I told the girls, IF they wanted to pursue a higher education, we would help them out, but only this one decided to do so. The other two became wives and moms but still worked outside the home now and then (mostly volunteerism, as our family has a strong history of volunteering)

The middle daughter who sought out the higher ed after high school in a local community college for four years, had always been interested in helping those with AIDS back when it was a horror to even so contemplate doing so. :w00t: Life has a way of happening while you are doing something else the saying goes. For her, I recall the evening in her junior year she hadn't done an assignment, and I was going to the local library. I asked her if she wanted a book because we both read a lot in our home.
She said "yes, anything short because I forgot this assignment and its due tomorrow or Monday. Perhaps it was Sat. evening when I went.,

I looked for the newer books and found one written by a boy named Ryan White. Yes, it turned out to be "the" Ryan White of Elton John/Aids fame that was yet to happen. Ryan had written a bio about how he contracted Aids through an infected needle, and he wanted to help inform other kids what to expect in social circles, school.

She devoured that book, and took a State prize that year from the newly formed Gov's task force for Aids. (I still have that certificate from school in my closet) :innocent:

Long story short. Besides working for the Police Dept. (she liked that too), volunteering as a teenager on long rides at night patrol; when she moved with us to the west, she worked on Radio reading to the blind. After that she went back to ASU, got her degree all while working at a non-profit Aids program in town. After that she worked for the Police Dept. then again with the Aids for the State when ACA (Obamacare) was passed and she had to meet with the DC officials who came into town to start the program in the prisons, changing everything around.

You know what they say? What goes around comes around?

Guess whose Federal Grant block, (a larger money grant) she was given protocol to be in charge of for Phoenix during this time? The mother of Ryan White, who my daughter got to know during this time. Ryan, her son; was long dead but not forgotten. And it all started from a seed, a kernel from a library book that grew.

We taught our daughters to be as independent minded as we are.

School or no school, it was up to them. One does not need school to learn if one has an exercised brain and loves to be self-taught. However, as with this daughter, the College Master's degree moved her up throughout the State into a more lucrative medical field today. Thats good, because she supports the guy :( (significant other)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_White

https://hab.hrsa.gov/about-ryan-white-hivaids-program/about-ryan-white-hivaids-program

Over the last 28 years, HRSA’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program has played a critical role in the United States’ public health response to HIV. The Program serves as an important source of ongoing access to HIV medication that can enable people living with HIV to live close to normal lifespans. In 2017, 85.9 percent of Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program clients were virally suppressed, exceeding the national average of 59.8 percent.
First authorized in 1990, the Program is funded at $2.34 billion in fiscal year 2018. The Program is administered by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB).

Here is Ryan White's natal chart if anyone wants to see it. I was expecting to see Fomalhaut (in Pisces 1st decan Persian star) because of the fame of his name living on, long after he is gone....

As it turns out, his Sun in Sag (ruler Jupiter) is square Mars in Pisces
https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/White,_Ryan

Last edited:

leomoon

IF anyone has an idea of why Ryan White's natal chart does not show us Fomalhaut, the Royal star of a famed name that lives on after death, :surprised: I checked his Parans (the Brady Parans), but nope, not there either! His helical Rising star is Antares, with the given tob, based on the following which seems quite accurate:

I suppose I could always check the 3 main events of his life besides his birth.:surprised:

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/White,_Ryan

Source Notes

Glen Olson sent Sy Scholfield a copy of an email reply he received from the Genealogy Assistant at Kokomo-Howard County Public Library: "In the Kokomo Tribune, Tuesday, Dec. 7, 1971, p. 5, is this birth announcement: 'At St. Joseph Memorial Hospital WHITE—Mr. and Mrs. Hubert White, 509 W. Monroe St., a boy, Ryan Wayne, 7 pounds, 8 ½ ounces, at 1:49 p.m. Monday. The mother is the former Miss Jeanne Hale.'"
Scholfield later provided a copy of this birth notice.

Any ideas would be appreciate for me to mull over.

CapAquaPis

I have to say Yes: July 4th, 2020: Trump suspends the US constitution, CA and many states declare martial law and my county Riverside CA has restrictions to curb the surge of new daily cases of COVID-19. Lots of political tension, racial rioting, economic disaster, threats of war vs China and the pandemic worsened in the last 4 months since Americans began to take this seriously (the first US death on Feb 29th), I mean 2.5 million cases now and 23 million people might been infected said the CDC. And Trump has turned desperate to be reelected to a second term, he opposes a federal all mail-in ballot election day in Nov 3rd and said this is going to lead to massive "fraud", when in fact it's impossible to commit voter fraud this way. I predict America has Trump have absolute forms of power backed by military rule of 50 states with special oversight of counties.